• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

ncsuDuncan said:
AngryFacing is on my XBL friends list right now "playing the Halo 4 beta" from the Xbox dashboard.

He's posted on Twitter before that it's easy to fake with XNA Creator's Club or something like that.

It's an obvious fake and an immature way to try and pull page views.
Wow. I follow him on Twitter, too.

I figured someone made an XNA game, and I sincerely hope it's not him.

Does he have an orange gamer picture by any chance? Nevermind, I forgot the story originally came from sfx-360.com.

ncsuDuncan said:
AngryFacing is on my XBL friends list right now "playing the Halo 4 beta" from the Xbox dashboard.

He's posted on Twitter before that it's easy to fake with XNA Creator's Club or something like that.

It's an obvious fake and an immature way to try and pull page views.

Yeah definitely fake. I know that people that played alpha and pre-public beta builds of Reach were listed as "Playing Xbox 360 Dashboard" when they played it.

Don't think I'm going to tell you how I know that

:p

GhaleonEB said:
I just got my first (only) Perfection in any Halo game, ever. I went through the film to grab a screen of it popping up, but it doesn't show up in the film, alas. I sort of freaked out when I hit 15 kills near the end of the game. I was paranoid a grenade or Mongoose was going to land on me from out of nowhere.
I got my 2nd one for Reach last night. Cliffhanger, Team Slayer, a friend, myself, 2 decent jetpackers on my team VS armor lockers and active camo users. I ended up with 15 DMR kills and 1 sniper kill.

I almost got a 3rd perfection on elite slayer on pinnacle (who votes for that shit) and got 24 kills and 1 death, due to a dick armor locker who would just walk towards me for a stick each and every time. I avoided them at least 5 times, but got distracted and killed. They were shitty players but I would've have liked another perfection.

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah definitely fake. I know that people that played alpha and pre-public beta builds of Reach were listed as "Playing Xbox 360 Dashboard" when they played it.

Tom Morello, we meet at last.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Wow. I follow him on Twitter, too.

I figured someone made an XNA game, and I sincerely hope it's not him.

Does he have an orange gamer picture by any chance? Nevermind, I forgot the story originally came from sfx-360.com.
Well either he made the XNA game or he knew who did it. I assume he's friends with someone at sfx-360.

Regardless, he still reported it like he had no clue. I am disappoint. Probably going to remove him from my Twitter/XBL lists unless it gets redacted soon. I don't take kindly to trolls in my Haloz.

Ramirez

ncsuDuncan said:
Well either he made the XNA game or he knew who did it. I assume he's friends with someone at sfx-360.

Regardless, he still reported it like he had no clue. I am disappoint. Probably going to remove him from my Twitter/XBL lists unless it gets redacted soon. I don't take kindly to trolls in my Haloz.

Stuff just got serious.

^ lawl, no. My massive MMO mouse is not made for FPS.

Ramirez said:
Stuff just got serious.
9jkffm.jpg

feel

Steelyuhas said:

It's not a secret, plenty of people have been trolled by Xbox Dashboard invites sent by xbl friends they know have access to very early online versions of something or the other. When reports like these say the name of the game was being displayed, they're very likely to be fake.

GhaleonEB said:
I own this book. It's fantastic and even more grim than you might think.

I assume that a book titled "All my Friends are Dead" would be relatively grim lol.

Letters said:
It's not a secret, plenty of people have been trolled by Xbox Dashboard invites sent by xbl friends they know have access to very early online versions of something or the other. When reports like these say the name of the game was being displayed, they're very likely to be fake.

I wasn't aware that was common public knowledge. In that case I am definitely Tom Morello.

trollface.jpg

Completely forgot to mention this: "Ringworld" is a phenomenal book. I love Niven's sentence structure and diction. Honestly, after reading "Ringworld," I feel like there's something missing in modern fiction, like we've oversimplified our speech and our literature, and something's been lost in the translation between the complete English language and the bastardized version that we use today.

I'm not saying everything should read like Conrad's "Heart of Darkness," in which words press on the tongue like a compressor, but I wish I could experience what I felt in "Ringworld" more often in modern literature.

Maybe I'm just tired of the subject-verb-object sentence structure that's been shoveled down my gullet in journalism.

Edit: Speaking of SVO, The Escapist presents, "Star Wars: A New Halo." Nice segue, eh?

blamite

Hitmonchan107 said:
Completely forgot to mention this: "Ringworld" is a phenomenal book. I love Niven's sentence structure and diction. Honestly, after reading "Ringworld," I feel like there's something missing in modern fiction, like we've oversimplified our speech and our literature, and something's been lost in the translation between the complete English language and the bastardized version that we use today.

I'm not saying everything should read like Conrad's "Heart of Darkness," in which words press on the tongue like a compressor, but I wish I could experience what I felt in "Ringworld" more often in modern literature.

Maybe I'm just tired of the subject-verb-object sentence structure that's been shoveled down my gullet in journalism.
Maybe if I keep telling myself that I'll eventually get around to reading Ringworld, it'll someday happen. I will I swear! And then I'll get through my huge backlog of games... Someday. >.>

feel

Plywood said:
Spread sucks, get that shit out of my Halo's.
Not that I particularly care about defending spread, but it seemed like a decent solution against people getting easy 4 shots across the map. But I don't remember outrage about this during Halo 2, what did it do to prevent easy 4shots from end to end of open maps? I didn't really play much BTB in Halo 2 MM to the point of meeting above average players often. Was it as bad as the DMR in Reach BTB where if you step foot out in the open for a few seconds you can get killed easily by someone poking his head a few centimeters above a rock in the other side of the map, impossible to spot?

Also, please explain what bullet spread was in case I'm thinking of something else lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
Not that I particularly care about defending spread, but it seemed like a decent solution against people getting easy 4 shots across the map. But I don't remember outrage about this during Halo 2, what did it do to prevent easy 4shots from end to end of open maps? I didn't really play much BTB in Halo 2 MM to the point of meeting above average players often. Was it as bad as the DMR in Reach BTB where if you step foot out in the open for a few seconds you can get killed easily by someone poking his head a few centimeters above a rock in the other side of the map, impossible to spot?

Also, please explain what bullet spread was in case I'm thinking of something else lol
http://halowiki.net/p/Battle_Rifle_Bullet_Spread

H2 had no bullet spread, only host could really shoot crossmap on larger maps.

Letters said:

afaik halo2 was hitscan only in cqc -red reticule- and you had to lead your shots from the distance.
Seems like a good solution to keep the best of both worlds (close quarters slayer arena fun and btb enjoyability/freedom of movement without getting shot across the map). Sure is better than bloom and way better than spread. Speaking of which, halo3 have always been almost unplayable for us shitty internet connections italians... I went back to halo3 few weeks ago and omg Reach's hit detection and netcode are sooo much better.

GhaleonEB said:
I just got my first (only) Perfection in any Halo game, ever. I went through the film to grab a screen of it popping up, but it doesn't show up in the film, alas. I sort of freaked out when I hit 15 kills near the end of the game. I was paranoid a grenade or Mongoose was going to land on me from out of nowhere.
Ghal, you've got one too many H's in the link:
hhttp://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=711803896&player=GhaleonEB

Tunavi

Banned
Dear 343, put the Battle Rifle in Reach, no bloom, no spread. Love, Tunavi.

OMG I DONT CARE ABOUT THE MAP FILES JUST DO IT

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tunavi said:
Dear 343, put the Battle Rifle in Reach, no bloom, no spread. Love, Tunavi.

OMG I DONT CARE ABOUT THE MAP FILES JUST DO IT
The Forerunner Manus Celer Dei Rifle > BR

Tunavi said:
Also, I really dont understand the point of AR starts.

Seriously, my number one wish for H4 multiplayer is a single starting weapon. A headshot, 2x zoom, single shot weapon. Maybe an automatic short-range secondary at most, but none of this AR vs. BR bullshit.

Edit: How do you check how many posts people have made in a thread again?

Ken

Steelyuhas said:
Seriously, my number one wish for H4 multiplayer is a single starting weapon. A headshot, 2x zoom, single shot weapon. Maybe an automatic short-range secondary at most, but none of this AR vs. BR bullshit.

DC-17m_Interchangable_Weapon_System.jpg

feel

Found this awesome write up by Luke Smith on the H2BR vs H3BR
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=14347

Pretty eye opening to me. I ignored it back then because I thought the H3BR was fine (not perfect), and still do. I want it to perform like that for H4, with a bit faster bullet travel time and slightly smaller spread, not with hitscan nor zero spread, I don't want it to be too annoying in big open maps when in decent hands, like the DMR in Reach where people are more than fine with not walking an inch towards the enemy base/location as long as there's a clear line of sight and just sit back like pussies pinging any tiny moving dot they see in the distance .. ughhh

Devolution said:
Dem maps. Even the shit ones are better than stuff in Reach.

:cue rage:
Was playing Halo 3 MM a couple weeks back by myself, while in a party with some friends who were playing Reach. After complaining about getting to play the awful Snowbound/ARstart combo because of stupid voters they all chuckled and agreed that Snowbound really sucked, then I said I would seriously send them some cash if whatever map they were playing at the time was not worse... got dead silence back followed by a "....yeah.." 10 seconds later. Made me laugh.

Kuroyume

Banned
Yeah, guys the shittiest Halo 3 maps are better than the ones in Reach and Halo 4 should have spread. Pass me some of that Kool-Aid.

Ken said:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091027124646/starwars/images/1/12/DC-17m_Interchangable_Weapon_System.jpg

Now THAT is a cool looking weapon unlike the hideous turd known as the AR. Are there actual military firearms with the odd handle of the AR? That thing just looks so awkward and stupid.

Letters said:
Found this awesome write up by Luke Smith on the H2BR vs H3BR
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=14347

Pretty eye opening to me. I ignored it back then because I thought the H3BR was fine (not perfect), and still do. I want it to perform like that for H4, with a bit faster bullet travel time and slightly smaller spread, not with hitscan nor zero spread, I don't want it to be too annoying in big open maps when in decent hands, like the DMR in Reach where people are more than fine with not walking an inch towards the enemy base/location as long as there's a clear line of sight and just sit back like pussies pinging any tiny moving dot they see in the distance .. ughhh
Honestly, I don't think any changes to the bullet mechanics will stop people from playing the hide-in-one-spot game. People that become good with a weapon that incorporates spread by leading targets will still be just as lethal and annoying. I want to say that the bigger problem is map design, because I can't remember a lot of people hiding in one spot for whole games in Combat Evolved or Halo2, both which used hitscan.

Also, I remember in Halo1, 2, and 3, it was possible to react to being shot in the back and still sometimes come out alive. Reach really removed those kind of cool encounters with bloom.

Top Bottom