• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Bregmann Roche said:
You sir, are a HaloGAF veteran. Well played. We might as well open that question up to the floor as well.
And you sir, aren't allowed to say, who is a HaloGAF veteran, because you are a junior! Follow the hierarchy!
I'm just kidding

Trasher

Letters said:
I'm gonna be honest here, mocking bad players is passable, but posting a list of gamertags of players you guys dominated on live is a bit too low for gaf. Not cool.
That couldn't be farther from the truth in all honesty. Some pretty low stuff goes on in these forums...

bobs99 ... said:
I agree with this. Mainly because while you guys are going out of your way to dong you really dont know if the people your playing against give a damn in that game. For example if you guys met me in casual matchmaking I probably wouldnt bother, if its a mate at my house playing im quite honestly happy for them to go neg 30 on my account as long as they get a laugh out of it. Dont get me wrong, on Halo 3 or CoD im a bit more serious about my stats, with with Reach its like meh. Doesnt mean I want my GT plastered on the internet though.

Matchmaking in Reach is pretty casual, if you guys are going out of your way to win thats cool, but just remember most of the guys your donging might play well in customs or when it counts but probably couldn't care less that particular game.

That said, KyleJ, Juices, we need to go play Black Ops, there are a bunch of bk's to cleanse on that. :p
The whole point for most people is to win...in almost all video games. Going out of your way to win?????? What a ridiculous thing to say.

So you are saying that it counts to win in custom games, but not in matchmaking games? For me it's the other way around. Your stats don't matter in custom games because your custom game stats aren't generally accurate since a lot of custom games are random or strange gametypes.

Karl2177

Bregmann Roche said:
While we're on the topic of people trying too hard/not hard enough:

Is it better to get a Perfection or to be the guy, that through sheer force of will and perseverance, manages to kill the guy who is going 15-0?

Edit:

You sir, are a HaloGAF veteran. Well played. We might as well open that question up to the floor as well.
Fuck the people that intentionally go for people on streaks. When Community BTB was a playlist I would get on Killing Frenzies and Running Riots, and suddenly because the message appeared in the bottom of their screen I'm the biggest target in the map. Grenade spam galore and ARs aren't the things you want to see on a 15-0 game.

Hypertrooper said:
And you sir, aren't allowed to say, who is a HaloGAF veteran, because you are a junior! Follow the hierarchy!

Hierarchy? How are we supposed to establish a hierarchy here if lists of names are not tolerated?

Also: PonyGAF? Sometimes I'm glad I'm a junior...and that this is the only thread I read.

Trasher

Hydranockz said:
That's fantastic logic. Good job Jeremy.
I have no idea what this post means... I don't even know why you quote my posts tbh. You always reply with pointless banter and crap.

I'm serious though. Take a step outside the Halo threads. There's lots of low stuff on these forums.

Tunavi

Banned
icnlNY.gif

Trasher said:
I have no idea what this post means... I don't even know why you quote my posts tbh. You always reply with pointless banter and crap.

I'm serious though. Take a step outside the Halo threads. There's lots of low stuff on these forums.
Lol. You say that as if it somehow justifies what goes on here. The fact that you believe you are on some imaginary pedestal that HaloGaf can do wrong simply because there is worse around is, like I said, fantastic logic. Stop taking everything so seriously and you'll realise we're all in the same boat on these waters.

Edit: Lost my train of thought :lol

Louis Wu

Bregmann Roche said:
Hierarchy? How are we supposed to establish a hierarchy here if lists of names are not tolerated?

Also: PonyGAF? Sometimes I'm glad I'm a junior...and that this is the only thread I read.
I'm unclear, exactly, why you're a junior.

Your profile says you joined about a year ago - but I would swear I'd seen you before that. (Even with that, seems like a year's enough time to graduate to Member; the fact that I recognize your name says you post enough. :) )

Am I just confused... or did you somehow have an account before?

Louis Wu said:

Your profile says you joined about a year ago - but I would swear I'd seen you before that. (Even with that, seems like a year's enough time to graduate to Member; the fact that I recognize your name says you post enough. :) )

Joined doesn't mean accepted ;)

Hydranockz said:
Lol. You say that as if it somehow justifies what goes on here. The sooner you climb off your imaginary pedestal that HaloGaf can do wrong simply because there is worse around is, like I said, fantastic logic. Stop taking everything so seriously and you'll realise we're all in the same boat on these waters.
Exactly. What happens in the Off-topic threads is not a standard the Community threads should be lowered to.
Louis Wu said:

It also takes 300 posts. And the "Join Date" is when you applied for an account, not when it was approved. I've only been a member since January, but I applied over a year ago and that's the date shown.

Trasher

Hydranockz said:
Lol. You say that as if it somehow justifies what goes on here. The sooner you climb off your imaginary pedestal that HaloGaf can do wrong simply because there is worse around is, like I said, fantastic logic. Stop taking everything so seriously and you'll realise we're all in the same boat on these waters.
Your logic is even worse if that's what you derived my thought process to be. That is by no means me trying to justify anything. My whole point was that the statement of "that's too low for GAF" was ridiculous. There are way worse things on this forum than someone posting gamertags of people they have beaten in a video game. I never even said doing that was either good or bad.

Stop using awful logic to try and determine some underlying message in my posts. I dunno what I ever did to you, but you sure do love jumping on everything I say.

ncsuDuncan said:
Exactly. What happens in the Off-topic threads is not a standard the Community threads should be lowered too.
Jesus Christ. That is not what I was implying. You people are so sensitive.

Louis Wu said:

I'm not sure if I'll ever shake the junior tag. I made someone angry a few months ago and am now thinking I've been hexed with junior status forever. If that's the case then I might as well try to be the best junior ever. Though I'm still trying to figure out what that would entail.

Trasher said:
Your logic is even worse if that's what you derived my thought process to be. That is by no means me trying to justify anything. My whole point was that the statement of "that's too low for GAF" was ridiculous. There are way worse things on this forum than someone posting gamertags of people they have beaten in a video game. I never even said doing that was either good or bad.

Stop using awful logic to try and determine some underlying message in my posts. I dunno what I ever did to you, but you sure do love jumping on everything I say.
Woah, easy there cowboy. Jump on what you said? Or respond to post which I believed displayed silly logic?

Also, you might not want to open to my first reply calling my posts crap if you want anyone to believe what you say about whatever grudge you think I might have :p

Tunavi said:
everydayinthisthread.gif

Peace is so fragile.

Do we know yet if there are any more ONE projects in the pipeline once Mona Lisa wraps up?

Edit: T-Shirt idea--"HaloGAF: Putting the 'Men' in 'Menstruation' since XX.XXX Military Calendar".

Trasher

Hydranockz said:
Woah, easy there cowboy. Jump on what you said? Or respond to post which I believed displayed silly logic?

Also, you might not want to open to my first reply calling my posts crap if you want anyone to believe what you say about whatever grudge you think I might have :p
It's true though. Like who the hell is Jeremy, and what the hell does that have to do with my post?

My post was 100% true. Much worse things happen on this forum. Just because I was pointing that out doesn't mean that I sanction "less bad" things that happen here. You are so quick to attack me it's ridiculous. Don't twist my words into things I don't actually mean to say. That's incredibly disrespectful, and yes I will defend myself by calling your posts "crap" if you don't explain them and continue to disrespect me. You called me an "asshole" the other day, and now you are getting salty because I said your posts are "crap." Really cool man.

I sure don't remember calling anyone an asshole... Oh shit.... You mean I played along to the pun of Captain Obvious by posting a pic of Major Asshole? Even though getting the joke meant knowing it was from Spaceballs so how you jumped on that being an insult is very disrespectful :p

Jeremy was a dude from E3. It was the Medieval demo for Kinect. I thought it would have been a meme with how often his partner had said that.

The seriousness in here... sheesh.

Trasher

Hydranockz said:
I sure don't remember calling anyone an asshole... Oh shit.... You mean I played along to the pun of Captain Obvious by posting a pic of Major Asshole? Even though getting the joke meant knowing it was from Spaceballs so how you jumped on that being an insult is very disrespectful :p

Jeremy was a dude from E3. It was the Medieval demo for Kinect. I thought it would have been a meme with how often his partner had said that.

Actually I right-clicked the photo and saw it said "Major Asshole" under its info. But please, continue being a smart-ass and continue making assumptions that are incorrect. You are on a role.

Ken

Hydranockz said:

Good job, Jeremy.

Trasher said:
Actually I right-clicked the photo and saw it said "Major Asshole" under its info. But please, continue being a smart-ass and continue making assumptions that are incorrect. You are on a role.
They call it... a pun. You played CAPTAIN Obvious... I played a MAJOR...

Any other double standards about assuming things can be directed towards my inbox.

feel

Trasher said:
That couldn't be farther from the truth in all honesty. Some pretty low stuff goes on in these forums...
SO true, I meant Halogaf, we in particular are not that bad :p

Ramirez said:
lol really? I think it's pretty hilarious, it's not like these guys are physically harming the guys by posting their GTs. They're just being trolls, I don't understand why some of you take this stuff so seriously.

Looking at the NCAA league thread, I think some of you might seriously cry yourself to sleep if we trash talked like those guys. :p
Who hasn't told Dax he's shit at Halo in some way or other??? xD Seems a different situation having lists of defeated random's gamertags on display just for lulz.. I dunno, it just stood out to me as something of gamefaqs caliber that would make us all look a bit bad. But I honestly don't care enough to argue about it though.

Trasher

Hydranockz said:
They call it... a pun. You played CAPTAIN Obvious... I played a MAJOR...

Any other double standards about assuming things can be directed towards my inbox.
Enjoy replying to yourself for a while then.

I on the other hand will be greatly relieved to finally use a function on this site that I have never used until today.

Tawpgun

Posting an example of names of people who a HaloGAF team beat out of fun for a running joke is too low?

kylej was right, I think some of you need to lighten up. Maybe I have a thicker skin than most, which I already mentioned, but this place, for the most part, is fine.

Sai-kun

Banned
I don't think enough people lurk here or post here for it to matter that Kyle is posting a list of people he donged. Sure it'll be embarrassing when one of us is on the list, but it'll also be really funny. It's not like he's encouraging us to send them messages about how they suck. I'm sure 99% of them don't even know about GAF.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Bregmann Roche said:

Is it better to get a Perfection or to be the guy, that through sheer force of will and perseverance, manages to kill the guy who is going 15-0?

I did the latter to Metroid once.

:X

Trasher

Hydranockz said:
He meant bolding rig..... fuuuuu! :lol
I keed I keed.

I don't think I'll ever ignore anyone here. It ruins the fun!

And for the record, yes, I knew what Major Asshole was from. It just seemed fitting at the time to use that "lie" in my post. lol :p

Tunavi

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Well the peace was nice for the day we had it. Maybe we need Mike Dongblain to do something to bring us back together.
your master chief farting joke was so bad that we decided arguing was just better for the thread

Trasher

I think it was proved that we were closest during the community tournament haha. Everyone seemed to get along then!

Well...except for Ram and Jironimo. lolol

Trasher said:
I keed I keed.

I don't think I'll ever ignore anyone here. It ruins the fun!

And for the record, yes, I knew what Major Asshole was from. It just seemed fitting at the time to use that "lie" in my post. lol :p
Spaceballs is too good and/or bad to get this far in life without seeing once.

Also, ignoring isn't a fantastic feature in that all it takes is someone to quote the ignored and you see their posts. (o hai there kuryome!)
I keed of course.

So... I guess all is well?

1v1 me nao!!!

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

unreadable disc... I had it installed al this time. :(

feel

I'm going to make sure the next junior batch is another fun one so I'm going to start sending xbox live messages to every single person who appears on those mock lists. :D :D

Blinding

Bregmann Roche said:

Eh, really depends on the game itself. I don't go into every game attempting to get a perfection, nor do I actively seek out people on streaks, I just play to win. Of course, it's annoying as hell when I get to that point where I'm able to get a perfection if I just stay alive and then having their whole team nade spam the fuck out of me.

Blinding said:
Eh, really depends on the game itself. I don't go into every game attempting to get a perfection, nor do I actively seek out people on streaks, I just play to win. Of course, it's annoying as hell when I get to that point where I'm able to get a perfection if I just stay alive and then having their whole team nade spam the fuck out of me.
it's just that one grenade coming right for you that you know isn't going to miss. feels bad man

Trasher

So...I'm still thinking of t-shirt ideas. I actually really like what Starcraft-GAF has been doing. They utilize the SC2 rank design in a cool way with the NeoGAF symbol. I was thinking maybe someone could do something similar with the Onyx rank (or other ranks I suppose...). Is there anyone here that is good at graphic design? I feel like we aren't being represented well enough so far in this. :(

Roughly done with some color filling on Photobucket:
5-1.png

Used this to start with:
5.png

feel

Trasher said:
So...I'm still thinking of t-shirt ideas. I actually really like what Starcraft-GAF has been doing. They utilize the SC2 rank design in a cool way with the NeoGAF symbol. I was thinking maybe someone could do something similar with the Onyx rank (or other ranks I suppose...). Is there anyone here that is good at graphic design? I feel like we aren't being represented well enough so far in this. :(

Roughly done with some color filling on Photobucket:
5-1.png

Used this to start with:
5.png
Do the subsections of gaf need to agree on a single design? I sent my Halogaf one to Evilore right after posting it last night. He didn't say anything about it so I assume subcommunities can have multiple ones. I don't think Halogaf will ever agree on a single one with all the differents ways people here enjoy Halo.

Tawpgun

Merguson said:
HaloGAF got cleansed.
Rule 3 of HaloGAF. No one ever cleanses us.

If on the off chance someone does beat us, it must have been in a bullshit way using one or more of the following.

AA Bullshit
Bad Map
Lag
Off-Host
Bad Connection
Hax

No exceptions.

Top Bottom