• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Trasher

Letters said:
Do the subsections of gaf need to agree on a single design? I sent my Halogaf one to Evilore right after posting it last night. He didn't say anything about it so I assume subcommunities can have multiple ones. I don't think Halogaf will ever agree on a single one with all the differents ways people here enjoy Halo.
No we don't have to agree. In fact we can submit as many as we want. I believe the winner is selected by how many are sold of each shirt according to the demand. I'm not entirely clear though to be honest, but I thought I heard Evilore say something to that effect.

5-2-1-1-1.png

Tunavi said:
Just put the blue print of the grenade launcher on a shirt and I will buy it.
I don't think you can use copyrighted images so that wouldn't be possible. We actually have to design our own things, or replicate copyrighted things very carefully so it can be considered our own design.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Rule 3 of HaloGAF. No one ever cleanses us.

If on the off chance someone does beat us, it must have been in a bullshit way using one or more of the following.

AA Bullshit
Bad Map
Lag
Off-Host
Bad Connection
Hax

No exceptions.
AR
Reach Grenades
Jetpack
Banshee bomb

Karl2177

"Countdown is a perfect balance of long and close combat." - dude over the mic.

Haven't had a game yet that hasn't had quitters or my router randomly resetting itself.

Ken

Kuroyume said:
What playlists don't have armor lock?

Squad Slayer I think.

@Trasher: Could you share where you grabbed that Arena ranking icon and if there are icons of the other ranks?

Tunavi

Banned
Kuroyume said:
What playlists don't have armor lock?
Squad, Premium Battle, and Objective. Best damn playlists in Reach.
Except they should all be sprint only and they would be perfect.

Trasher, move the design to the left so its centered.
Hypertrooper said:
Let's play.
Can't, I'm making money right now

Karl2177 said:
"Countdown is a perfect balance of long and close combat." - dude over the mic.

It is in MLG. The weapon layout for regular mm is atrocious. I hate that it gets voted for so frequently in mm, which is a shame because the map in and of itself has the potential to be in the top 2 in Reach.

Hydranockz said:
I watch too much British tv...

He's going Stateside apparently... most of Gaf will soon be graced with the presence of Jeremy on their tv screens. I hope you guys have jobs and 'put something on the end of it'...

thee henery said:
It is in MLG. The weapon layout for regular mm is atrocious. I hate that it gets voted for so frequently in mm, which is a shame because the map in and of itself has the potential to be in the top 2 in Reach.
it's decent in MLG, but it needs more ways to get to the top, like Legs on Construct

Trasher

I call this the GAF-Tacular shirt:
120px-Killtacular_Medalsvg-1-1.png

Edit: See, if I was talented, I would replace the stars with five NeoGAF balls maybe. Might be cool.

FyreWulff

A27 Tawpgun said:
Rule 3 of HaloGAF. No one ever cleanses us.

If on the off chance someone does beat us, it must have been in a bullshit way using one or more of the following.

AA Bullshit
Bad Map
Lag
Off-Host
Bad Connection
Hax

No exceptions.

Check all the boxes

story05.jpg

Before Captain Obvious makes a touchdown, yes, I know Ghaleon was by himself in this game.

Standoff Heavies was a pretty crazy map.

Trasher

Reposted for Tunavi and his request to center the logo. I'd prefer it a little bigger still I think to have it centered, but I do prefer it centered rather than off to the side.

5-2-1-2.png

neoism

ok fuck halo reach... :( just got 52k on waterfront... game plays fine til the end of the game when it goes to back screen, and right before the credits....... unreadable disc.. the fucking disc is perfect... :| WTF... :(

Striker

It was terrible for BTB. I liked it for 6v6 though, and it was OK if you had BR starts in Slayer and Flag. AR starts on that map was an abomination. And not to mention the horrid heli-pad spawns and ever-so awful Spartan Laser.

With all those problems, it still at least was a top Halo 3 map for me, which speaks for the rest of the Halo 3 map set.

MrBig

Trasher said:
Reposted for Tunavi and his request to center the logo. I'd prefer it a little bigger still I think to have it centered, but I do prefer it centered rather than off to the side.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/TJTrasher/5-2-1-2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://derekdennison.codebrainshideout.net/gaf/halogaf/perfgaf.jpg

Tawpgun

Would get if it wasn't black. Not a fan of black shirts.

Also, what if you kept the Onyx symbol... but made it so the gaf symbol was sort of faded in it. Otherwise its just a hexagon. It's nice a simple but it doesn't say "HALOgaf" to me.

feel

Nice attention to the detail with the holy light emanating from the amazingly huge epeens of high-skill halogaf hitting the icon from below.

Trasher

Letters said:
Nice attention to the detail with the holy light emanating from the amazingly huge epeens of high-skill halogaf hitting the icon from below.
It's pretty true to the real one with the reflections:
5.png

Gold reflection is just on the top rather than the bottom.

Louis Wu

Hypertrooper said:
People got negative in a TO game. How is that possible?
Seriously?

Happens all the time - if you're actually playing the objective.

yeah, yeah, I know, a joke - but it's getting old. Really.

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
Check all the boxes

story05.jpg

Standoff Heavies was a pretty crazy map.

Ah yes, getting camped on Standoff Heavies. Spawn outside of base, and suffer random, instant death by:

1) Gauss Hog
2) One of two snipers
3) Banshee

Then repeat until

1) Game ends
2) You quit

After a few of the kinds of games you've lovingly documented, I amended my quitting policy for Standoff Heavies: I quit out every time it was ever selected. Ever.

It was a mind-boggling map setup. Standoff was designed with the lack of sniper rifle in mind - I think it breaks the map - and Heavies had several of them. And the default (horrible) spawns were bad enough with a lone Warthog camping them, but with the snipers, Banshee and Gauss in the mix, it was a maelstrom of pain.

And thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

MrBig

I can change the trim to be anything on each side of the hexagon if someone wants it changed.

A27 Tawpgun said:
It's just the Onyx symbol isn't something I'd use to symbolize Halo...
Wait until tomorrow. The back will be done.

I like the front to be nice and "quiet" like that simple symbol, but the back will certainly represent Halogaf.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
Ah yes, getting camped on Standoff Heavies. Spawn outside of base, and suffer random, instant death by:

1) Gauss Hog
2) One of two snipers
3) Banshee

Then repeat until

1) Game ends
2) You quit

After a few of the kinds of games you've lovingly documented, I amended my quitting policy for Standoff Heavies: I quit out every time it was ever selected. Ever.

It was a mind-boggling map setup. Standoff was designed with the lack of sniper rifle in mind - I think it breaks the map - and Heavies had several of them. And the default (horrible) spawns were bad enough with a lone Warthog camping them, but with the snipers, Banshee and Gauss in the mix, it was a maelstrom of pain.

And thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

We got railroaded in the game right after this. We're even, I think.

Standoff Heavies was either a gigantic loss or a gigantic win. I never saw games that were even close.

And then they had CTF on it, which I would just quit out of myself. 100% chance of killgrinding by the other team, without fail. And both the snipe spawns were campable across the map - beam was on the outside and the human snipe could be covered through the doorway.

Standoff should never have a sniper on it, and I still don't understand the people that wanted on on there either. Thank goodness we never had anyone add a Sniper to Sandbox..

Top Bottom