• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Gui_PT said:

Nice edit. :p - im actually planning to play through the second half of the campaign again, my progress wiped before so I have wanted to do it for a while (I only got about halfway through and lost interest before). 30K is a great incentive to finish it off though lol.

Will probably nightfall the rest though. lol

bobs99 ... said:
Weird question, but does anyone know of a song that would line up with Halo gameplay well? Im thinking of a song with a pretty bassy drumbeat, just so it will go well with the sounds weapons make. Im only at the stage of learning after effects (really for work) but ultimately would like to use those skills to make a sweet montage. Im planning to use halo to learn video editing, theatre mode is awesome, thanks Bungie. :p
I'm totally dating myself here, but here are a few songs that I like. And no it's not a coincidence that all 3 are on Warren Miller flicks. Eh, anyway. You're probably looking for more of a techno/club mix or something. I'm stuck in the 90's :D

"Free" by Train? It has good flow and I can see a halo vid to it, personally.
or perhaps "Funk#49" by The James Gang? The variation in this song is probably too much.
or perhaps "Halfway" by Gloritone? Beat is probably a little too up-tempo.

And just for shits and giggles: Bumblebee Tuna
Not likely to make a good halo montage, but the song is hilariously amazing, and whoever did the anime clips to this song did a really good job.

Devolution said:
Something needs to be done about people like this. It's infuriating and ridiculous.
They are the worst, I accidentally betrayed an AFK on my team nearly at the end of a 10 minutes CTF match and I got instantly booted!
He spent the whole match without moving a feet but he can make an effort to grab the damn controller and boot me?

9k1qo9.gif

This was literally my face.

bsangel said:
We will be adding more avatars when we launch our official forums, and the best way to make sure we have something you like is to make something! So, if you feel so inclined, create an avatar, and link it in this thread. We'll then choose some of your images to be added to the official list.

Specifics:

Must be Halo-related
343 must own the image (I.E. use a screenshot, but not artwork belonging to yourself or others)
Should be 100 x 100 (don't know the final avatar size, but we'll scale it to fit)

If you don't know how to make an avatar, feel free to leave a link to your favorite screenshot, and maybe somebody else will make it for
Link here

heckfu said:
OK Computer is by FAR Radiohead's best album. Kid A was good...but it's no OK Computer.
Sorry, I just had to fix that for you.

Gui_PT said:
Weekly Challenge:

This Is How We Do It :Complete 9 Campaign missions on Heroic - 30000cR
Awesome that you can apparently do it in the co-op playlist for an overall larger payout. It's depressing watching that bar move so little when you get up to the higher ranks.

Speaking of campaign, I think I matched up with Caboose from RvB the other day. Nice helmet.

Gui_PT

squidhands said:
Awesome that you can apparently do it in the co-op playlist for an overall larger payout. It's depressing watching that bar move so little when you get up to the higher ranks.

Speaking of campaign, I think I matched up with Caboose from RvB the other day. Nice helmet.

Question about the helmet. Is that THE skull helmet or can you pick any helmet you want and have the skull show up?

Gui_PT said:
Question about the helmet. Is that THE skull helmet or can you pick any helmet you want and have the skull show up?
It's only the Pilot helmet that can have the skull on it. Would be pretty sweet if you could add that to any helmet, though.

Gui_PT

squidhands said:
It's only the Pilot helmet that can have the skull on it. Would be pretty sweet if you could add that to any helmet, though.

That's a shame. Not that I'm remotely close to getting the helmet :lol

wwm0nkey said:
I really don't get how Bungie didn't think of a system to boot AFKers in Reach

I mean Call of Duty and Battlefield had the common sense to boot someone after inactivity, you know something that is almost painfully obvious to do.

Really can't wait to see how Halo 4 fixes some of these issues.
'cause Reach hasn't a "hop in and hop out" system? Furthermore such a system sucks IMO. The few weeks I'd played MW2, I always joined game where my team were losing terribly . :/

Damn. Deus Ex takes my whole gaming time. Resistance 3, Red Faction Armageddon and Gears Of War 3 coming this week or next week. I need moar time!

Hypertrooper said:
'cause Reach hasn't a "hop in and hop out" system? Furthermore such a system sucks IMO. The few weeks I'd played MW2, I always joined game where my team were losing terribly . :/

Damn. Deus Ex takes my whole gaming time. Resistance 3, Red Faction Armageddon and Gears Of War 3 coming this week or next week. I need moar time!

Yup no way drop in drop out would work for me in a Halo game. Joining a game midway through where your team is getting dominated is never fun. The only reason they get away with it in CoD is that winning means nothing in those games it is all about credits. The argument could easily be made that winning doesn't mean any more in Reach than it does in CoD which might be true but there is one thing I have playing Reach that I don't while playing CoD. That one thing is my Halo Dignity. I have my Halo Dignity from 2 and 3 where winning was really all that mattered for you to level up.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hypertrooper said:

Damnit man, you're German, you should be playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine right now!

Hitmonchan107 said:
I haven't been following the thread, but I thought this was almost a given after seeing the Reach-turned-CE pistol.

At the very least, I think we'll see the return of Halo 2's BR, seeing as that would be the easiest to create.
um, we haven't seen anything that suggests a return to the BR. It hasn't even been discussed.

Hypertrooper said:
they fixed it for Black Ops though. I never really join a game where I'm being dominated anymore.

thezerofire said:
um, we haven't seen anything that suggests a return to the BR. It hasn't even been discussed.

Yeah not sure why people are expecting this. We are getting CE Magnum because its the Anniversary of Halo CE, and we are getting five CE maps in November. There has been no suggestions at a BR returning to the game.

Not sure why you would want it anyways.

thezerofire said:

they fixed it for Black Ops though. I never really join a game where I'm being dominated anymore.

But do you still fairly often join a game that's nearly over? Because I don't think I'd be very happy to see that in a Halo game.

With CoD, it doesn't matter that much since you'll stay in the same lobby most of the time. But with Halo, I don't think many people actually stay with the enemy team to play against them again. So I've you'd have very bad luck, you could join games that are nearly over trice in a row.'

I'd be pretty pissed when that happens to me. When I play Halo, I want to play an entire match. The start is so important for a match and I don't want to miss it.

Tha Robbertster said:
But do you still fairly often join a game that's nearly over? Because I don't think I'd be very happy to see that in a Halo game.

With CoD, it doesn't matter that much since you'll stay in the same lobby most of the time. But with Halo, I don't think many people actually stay with the enemy team to play against them again. So I've you'd have very bad luck, you could join games that are nearly over trice in a row.'

I'd be pretty pissed when that happens to me. When I play Halo, I want to play an entire match. The start is so important for a match and I don't want to miss it.
no not really. If I'm not put into a pregame lobby (which is most of the time) I'm put in just before about halfway through.

A repeat of the first weekly challenge, the only one that I didn't complete, seems an apt challenge for the week of the anniversary of Reach's release. I'm going to actually play through the entire campaign, first cutscene to last cutscene, instead of cheesing it with insta-complete saves. I wonder how long it would take me to complete it in one sitting?

TheOddOne

Tha Robbertster said:
343 Industries, I know your reading this and read this text: DO NOT IMPLEMENT A COD LIKE IN PROGRESS JOIN SYSTEM. Keep it like it is, kthx.

TheOddOne said:
343 Industries, I know your reading this and read this text: DO NOT IMPLEMENT A COD LIKE IN PROGRESS JOIN SYSTEM. Keep it like it is, kthx.
If they could do it well it wouldn't be too bad. Or just make it an option: "Be able to join in progress y/n?"

TheOddOne said:
How about giving players a choice? Like a DIDO playlist?

senador

Banned
I absolutely do not want a join in progress system in a Halo game. Part of the fun is that initial spawn and seeing what happens.

^^ If it were limited to a playlist then sure. I'd avoid that playlist though.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
HiredN00bs said:
A repeat of the first weekly challenge, the only one that I didn't complete, seems an apt challenge for the week of the anniversary of Reach's release. I'm going to actually play through the entire campaign, first cutscene to last cutscene, instead of cheesing it with insta-complete saves. I wonder how long it would take me to complete it in one sitting?

I salute you. That was the intention for this particular weekly.

Your Halo Honor™ is intact.

lybertyboy said:
I salute you. That was the intention for this particular weekly.

Your Halo Honor™ is intact.
I'm going to start it as soon as I get home from work at 4:00 p.m. EDT and try to complete it by 10:00 p.m. EDT when my wife gets off. Possible?

So I was happy to see a Halo video from machinima in my subscribtion box and then I get this?

This guy is talking complete shit. Saying Bungie didn't do anything new with Reach's multiplayer....

Wanting a longer campaign, Okay but all the stuff he wants in one single game is just ridiculous. I once again lost faith in the machinjma channel.

HiredN00bs said:
I'm going to start it as soon as I get home from work at 4:00 p.m. EDT and try to complete it by 10:00 p.m. EDT when my wife gets off. Possible?
You could technically start it and finish it 20 minutes later

Sai-kun

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
Nah. You should only get credits for throwing your xbox out of the window.

I was playing with some GAFfers and someone referred to breaking your Reach disc as "Trouce"ing it? I was laughing so fucking hard :lol

edit: I'm gonna cheese it a little with nightfall, but probably do Long Night of Solace and New Alexandria co-op! I'm on now for about an hour and a half if anyone wants to play :) Sai kun is my GT

Homeboyd

HiredN00bs said:
Certainly! After running all the missions SLASO, playing back through on Heroic seems almost too easy.

I'm definitely running the challenge this way too. I suggested doing the same in a b.net thread discussing cut-scene glitching and was laughed at.

May even run some MM Campaign.

feel

The automated systems are garbage. They should secretly give 500 known community members moderator powers in matchmaking. Let them slap 1 day bans on the huge griefing assholes they come across, and 1hour bans on the people they know quit because they were losing or AFKrs. It would instill some fear and worry on the bad playerbase and maybe they would start behaving a bit.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
The automated systems are garbage. They should secretly give 500 known community members moderator powers in matchmaking. Let them slap 1 day bans on the huge griefing assholes they come across, and 1hour bans on the people they know quit because they were losing or AFKrs. It would instill some fear and worry on the bad playerbase and maybe they would start behaving a bit.
It would be cool to have online moderators like MMO's that check for the asshats of the community.

Top Bottom