• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Sai-kun

Banned
Gui_PT said:
In my experience, based on who I meet that idles, it doesn't catch anybody

And Sai, I think you expect too much from Halo players. Most of them would vote yes just because. And if there aren't enough votes to get the person kicked, the match will just turn into a Vote to Kick battle until someone gets kicked.

Hm. Maybe I don't have a problem with it just because I tend to not play either game (L4D or Halo) unless I'm going in with a party. Playing L4D solo is just....you just don't do that. Not if you wanna have fun. (even in versus, you go in with a party of 4 for maximum pubstompage)

FyreWulff said:
Oh no, I can't make a thread where most of the first page is someone trying to make the clever first reply!
Soon the GAF Journey shall begin. But when it does, the weight of your Junior status will stay your feet. And you shall be left behind.

senador

Banned
I wonder if you can do missions on Legendary and have them count? Good incentive to finish up my legendary play through.

What does it take to become a non junior? I thought it was 2 months and X posts. I thought I hit both. :/

It looks like I got Member status. Shwing.
dancing_halo_by_davidfl34-d3e1li0.gif

Right, final batch of ODST panoramas, at least for this mission.

I didn't really like the way this one turned out: there's something off about the Assault Carrier, imo. Still, here it is:

I love the whole "cloaked in clouds and shadow"-thing going on in this pic. In fact, that's what I'm calling it. Cloaked in Clouds and Shadow. :lol

And last, but definitely not least:

bobs99 ... said:
I think Club/ HipHop/ Trance/ Electro/ Urban/ Maybe movie theme stuff sounds best for those kind of videos. (Sorry Moonman!) Appreciate the clips! I have to look through them and check them out properly.

Crystal Method - Born to Slow - Need for speed underground nostalgia bomb, you keep doing that to me Devo. :p

Some more then considering what you said about movie themes:

Iron Man - Driving with the Top Down
Iron Man - Merchant of Death
Inception - Mombasa
Waltz with Bashir - Boaz and the Dogs
Waltz with Bashir - Any Minute Now
300 - To Victory
Man on Fire - Sanchez Family

NIN - Ghosts 3
NIN - Ghosts 26
NIN - Ghosts 27
NIN - Ghosts 31
NIN - Just Like You Imagined
NIN - The Great Collapse

Lots to take in, I know, just trying to give a lot options.

Booshka

thezerofire said:
TrounceX was a member here who went off the deep end, broke his Reach disc, and threw his 360 out the window

edit: after telling halogaf to "suck it up and get better like me"
We should have all challenged him to a 1v1 after he said that he was still the best Reach player on GAF even after just throwing his xbox out the window.

I also like to refer to Tunavi as TunaviX because he rage quit a game and told me he couldn't handle all the BS that pisses him off. I understand, but I'm gonna keep making fun of him for it. Jetpacks on Asylum was the main thing that pissed him off.

Gui_PT

Sai-kun said:
Hm. Maybe I don't have a problem with it just because I tend to not play either game (L4D or Halo) unless I'm going in with a party. Playing L4D solo is just....you just don't do that. Not if you wanna have fun. (even in versus, you go in with a party of 4 for maximum pubstompage)

I try to go in with a full team too, but I don't know many people who play L4D

Do you play it on the PC or 360?

senador said:
What does it take to become a non junior? I thought it was 2 months and X posts. I thought I hit both. :/

I think it was 300 posts and 90 days since your registration date. (The one on your Member Info page, NOT your activation date.)

It may have changed since then, the info doesn't seem to be in the FAQ thread any more.

GhaleonEB

Syracuse022 said:
I don't think you're the type to do something in a single player campaign just for the Achievement, but I thought I'd warn you that the wall punch you've been using counts as lethal and will keep you from getting the Pacifist achievement.
Thanks, but I got the heads up too late. I was doing a no-kill run to see if I could. When I play a game, I always do my first run without looking at Achievements, and I didn't even know there was one for it.

My plan is to tweak my approach a bit and allow few kills, such as through the walls. And also, some stray hobos. For fun.

senador

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:
I think it was 300 posts and 90 days since your registration date. (The one on your Member Info page, NOT your activation date.)

It may have changed since then, the info doesn't seem to be in the FAQ thread any more.

Ah. Original account was created 7/7/10, got denied early July so I created another that was activated the next day, lol. Looks like I have a month or so. Thanks.

Blue Ninja said:
Right, final batch of ODST panoramas, at least for this mission.

I didn't really like the way this one turned out: there's something off about the Assault Carrier, imo. Still, here it is:

I love the whole "cloaked in clouds and shadow"-thing going on in this pic. In fact, that's what I'm calling it. Cloaked in Clouds and Shadow. :lol

And last, but definitely not least:
I HAD to tweet about it. So awesome...

GhaleonEB said:
Thanks, but I got the heads up too late. I was doing a no-kill run to see if I could. When I play a game, I always do my first run without looking at Achievements, and I didn't even know there was one for it.

My plan is to tweak my approach a bit and allow few kills, such as through the walls. And also, some stray hobos. For fun.
There are HOBOS?! I am so playing this game

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
GhaleonEB said:

Lethal takedowns are much more fun to watch anyway!

But yeah, the same thing happened to me. Was going for pacifist, but then I Tranqed an enemy in the face and he died from it. Got annoyed, but it was also incredibly freeing. I was now able to set up traps with frag mines, luring enemies with unconscious bodies into gas chambers, all good fun. Things open up a lot, like, at one point in the game, a guard will complain to his buddy about the vending machine stealing his money. So I crushed him with it, as a cruel joke.

GhaleonEB said:
My plan is to tweak my approach a bit and allow a few
kills
, such as through the walls. And also, some stray hobos. For fun.
Taken out of context, this sentence explores some dark territory. Especially if you add spoiler tags.

Lyphen said:
Lethal takedowns are much more fun to watch anyway!

But yeah, the same thing happened to me. Was going for pacifist, but then I Tranqed an enemy in the face and he died from it. Got annoyed, but it was also incredibly freeing. I was now able to set up traps with frag mines, luring enemies with unconscious bodies into gas chambers, all good fun. Things open up a lot, like, at one point in the game, a guard will complain to his buddy about the vending machine stealing his money. So I crushed him with it, as a cruel joke.

FACT: Every year, vending machines kill more people than sharks.

I'm working on a movie script about killer vending machines. It will of course be shot in 3-D.

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:
There are HOBOS?! I am so playing this game
Here's what I did not know about Deus Ex going in (I bought it on recomendation and some videos, not much reading): after the first few missions, it's an action game built on an RPG template. Hub world opens up, city to explore, random apartments to ransack, multiple missions that can be hit in different orders, side quests, experience points you gain for doing things (killing, method bonuses, exploring, etc.) and swap for updgrades via different upgrade trees.

And also, lots of hobos. Soon to be dead hobos.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
I was walking around outside at the beginning of the game and found a corner with some prostitutes. Well, part of them. One was walking around and whistling, the other two were just the chest models sitting on the ground, no head, legs, or anything else.

Yes, I killed disabled prostitutes.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:

Well, if it works off activation date, it hasn't been 90 days yet for me. Was finally approved on.. June 15th or 16th.

Devolution said:

Thanks a bunch Devolution, im going to wrap my head around some of that, maybe try and line it up with footage (when I get hold of some.)

I actually made a Halo 1 montage set to NIN - Just like you imagined lol, pretty awesome song, worked so well as the 300 theme.

There are some amazing songs in that list you posted. Im sure I will find something sweet out of them. Im liking a lot of them right now.

GhaleonEB said:
Here's what I did not know about Deus Ex going in (I bought it on recomendation and some videos, not much reading): after the first few missions, it's an action game built on an RPG template. Hub world opens up, city to explore, random apartments to ransack, multiple missions that can be hit in different orders, side quests, experience points you gain for doing things (killing, method bonuses, exploring, etc.) and swap for updgrades via different upgrade trees.

apkillpaul5qz.gif

I was walking around outside at the beginning of the game and found a corner with some prostitutes. Well, part of them. One was walking around and whistling, the other two were just the chest models sitting on the ground, no head, legs, or anything else.

Yes, I killed disabled prostitutes.

AmericanPsychoChainsaw.gif

GhaleonEB said:

Sounds glorious. It'll be tough to decide to go for the weekly or Deus Ex. decisions, decisions...

edit: lol @ Devo. I may have to put on some Huey Lewis when I'm killing hobos.

squidhands said:
Sounds glorious. It'll be tough to decide to go for the weekly or Deus Ex. decisions, decisions...

edit: lol @ Devo. I may have to put on some Huey Lewis when I'm killing hobos.

For some reason this whole convo about Deus Ex reminded me of American Psycho.

feel

Since finding out about that kind of side stuff is what makes the Deus Ex experience, could you guys please use spoiler tags?

Tawpgun

Also, Gears Spotting system is glorious (this is responding to Fyrewulff) It worked better and more consistently than the BC2 one.

Not to mention you can use it in campaign. This is something I hope is included in Halo 4.

Assuming we have some sort of friendly AI help, it would be amazing if you could spot an enemy/area to have them fire/draw fire on it while you flank. When I first saw it in a Gears 3 campaign demo I was wondering why Halo hadn't done this. Especially for Reach where we had a fireteam mechanic that was half assed. Working as a spartan team? nope.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Also, Gears Spotting system is glorious (this is responding to Fyrewulff) It worked better and more consistently than the BC2 one.

Not to mention you can use it in campaign. This is something I hope is included in Halo 4.

Assuming we have some sort of friendly AI help, it would be amazing if you could spot an enemy/area to have them fire/draw fire on it while you flank. When I first saw it in a Gears 3 campaign demo I was wondering why Halo hadn't done this. Especially for Reach where we had a fireteam mechanic that was half assed. Working as a spartan team? nope.

How does it work in Gears? It sounds like a HUGE waste of a button if that's how it works.

The Real Napsta said:
How does it work in Gears? It sounds like a HUGE waste of a button if that's how it works.

Maybe make it an........ Armor Ability.

I know I know, most people rather see them removed in Halo 4 but if they are gonna stay, I'd like it.

Ramirez

The Real Napsta said:

Pretty sure it was a click on one of the sticks, or maybe select, trivial buttons really.

I wanted to trounce my disc after these 2 games last night.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=794281622&player=TJ Ram

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=794311360&player=TJ Ram

Like seriously, a guy with a K/D under one has no business being matched with us, ugh. Nutter AFK'd it up in the other, and I turned my Xbox off in disgust after it was over. :p

GhaleonEB said:

I think the most important thing about Deus Ex is that while it is a game that supports many playstyles, I think it works best as an improvisatory game. Sure, someone can go through and try to sneak their way, reloading on any failed attempts, but I enjoy the situations that come from fast thinking after a fumbled attempt. I'm still finding interesting game interactions (both intended and exploitative) within the original game, and I hope HR holds up to that in the end. I've already gone through it a couple times, but I think I'm having a lot of fun doing it with no aug upgrades.

Ramirez said:
Pretty sure it was a click on one of the sticks, or maybe select, trivial buttons really.

Like seriously, a guy with a K/D under one has no business being matched with us, ugh. Nutter AFK'd it up in the other, and I turned my Xbox off in disgust after it was over. :p

Oh that's why y'all bounced after I got on, I was like "oh poo where did everyone go." Bad night of Reach eh?
Every night who are we kiddin'.

Merguson

Banned
Ramirez said:

Obviously you needed me.

Havok

Dax01 said:
No it wouldn't. I was talking about unpopular gametypes within individual playlists.
So Team Slayer ARs all the time then, and 1 Flag Hemo (which is picked because nobody gives a shit about the objective).

(this is me just giving you a hard time)

Ramirez

Devolution said:
Oh that's why y'all bounced after I got on, I was like "oh poo where did everyone go." Bad night of Reach eh?
Every night who are we kiddin'.

Yea, I was tired from work anyways, so being tired and trying to enjoy this game is about impossible without other people piling on to the suck, lol.

Homeboyd

FyreWulff said:
Nope. I think there's a minimum time you have to be activated, regardless of your amount of posts.
I got member status within a month or so of being activated. I post in a bunch of different threads/forums though. Maybe that helps.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Yea, I was tired from work anyways, so being tired and trying to enjoy this game is about impossible without other people piling on to the suck, lol.
Man, musta been a rough day for you, bro. First you watch 7 turnovers, and then you play Reach? Sounds like one of the worst days ever.

stephen08

Dax01 said:
No it wouldn't. I was talking about unpopular gametypes within individual playlists.

It's not that simple. First, if you are playing on a setting/gametype that means it was the most popular choice so it's not something that was forced on players. Second, just because something is popular does not mean everyone will like it. When I play Premium Slayer people will vote for Team Snipers as well as Uplink. If I were a person who had a penchant for quitting I wouldn't even stick around for them to finish loading. But some people want to play them.

Top Bottom