• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Trasher

Devolution said:
Yeah Ram's back to his string of avs I recall seeing him with first. Needs to go back to this:

Cannot stop laughing.
It's just his yearly NFL avatar change. Gotta go with the seasons Devo! You a fan of those Niners? :p

Ramirez

Trasher said:
Man, musta been a rough day for you, bro. First you watch 7 turnovers, and then you play Reach? Sounds like one of the worst days ever.

Tell me about it, I avoided people all day at work yesterday who I thought might spoil the outcome, get home, turn on my RZ recording and every time the Steelers/Ravens game comes on I see Ben lobbing lame duck INTs and Ray Rice destroying our D, ugh.

That was a classic avy Devo, I'd say not many people on GAF even knew who or what it was though, lol.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Tell me about it, I avoided people all day at work yesterday who I thought might spoil the outcome, get home, turn on my RZ recording and every time the Steelers/Ravens game comes on I see Ben lobbing lame duck INTs and Ray Rice destroying our D, ugh.

That was a classic avy Devo, I'd say not many people on GAF even knew who or what it was though, lol.
He thought Ed Reed was on his team I think.

Not many people on HaloGAF anyways.

Trasher said:
It's just his yearly NFL avatar change. Gotta go with the seasons Devo! You a fan of those Niners? :p

Fair weather fan. I doubt any Niners team can live up to late 80s/early 90s Niners. Sad that I was a bigger fan at like 8 than I am now. Loved Jerry Rice, Steve Young and the crazy characters on defense like Norton Jr, Merton Hanks and even Deion Sanders.

kylej

Banned
Steelers suck get out of here kids. Patriots supremacy. I can still taste the sweet Luke tears after that Colts game.

Gui_PT

Major Williams said:
I haven't been in the loop for Halo news for the past 2 weeks... anything new/exciting on either Halo or Halogaf??

Armor Lock is now Armor Unlock. You are always in armor lock mode, you can now press the button to exit AL for a few seconds.

Homeboyd

Ramirez said:
CJ had some insane TD catches yesterday.
As bad as the steelers played, watching Romo choke (again) had to be hard for those out there who still think he's worth a damn. He's pathetic.

I'll just stop there...

REACH!

feel

Major Williams said:
I haven't been in the loop for Halo news for the past 2 weeks... anything new/exciting on either Halo or Halogaf??
New TU/CEA info/media coming this week from Tokio Game Show. Footage of Headlong with Classic gameplay has been hinted at.

So do we know how the maps with CEA work yet?

I know we can play them from the disc, but how do we make them work with Reach? Does it install them from the disc? is there a download code?

Ramirez

kylej said:
Steelers suck get out of here kids. Patriots supremacy. I can still taste the sweet Luke tears after that Colts game.

Hmm, not sure I'll be able to play with you anymore after learning you enjoy such filth.

kylej

Banned
thezerofire said:

patriots-bill-belichick-rings.jpg

Kiss 'em.

Ramirez said:
Hmm, not sure I'll be able to play with you anymore after learning you enjoy such filth.

Hey at least I was born and raised outside of Boston and liked them before they became God Tier. Not like half these bandwagon scrubs from Wyoming or wherever who hop on Brady's dilz.

MrBig

The Real Napsta said:
So do we know how the maps with CEA work yet?

I know we can play them from the disc, but how do we make them work with Reach? Does it install them from the disc? is there a download code?
There was an interview in which someone talked about a code in the box.

Booshka

I played a One Flag Hemo game earlier, saw the vote options come, voted none of the above, then saw 7 votes for that gametype. Proceeded to dong for 4 rounds then score the flag in sudden death of the last round.

There was also some douchebag who would grab their sniper, jetpack into some rock and cram himself there to snipe for the next few minutes. Luckily I had his number pretty much every round. I would grab our snipe, rush through the teleporter and try to catch him before he got into his comfy rock in the wall. Blained him like 5 times, and killed him 3 times in a row as he kept going back to his body for his fully loaded sniper, he never got it. Some people play like such scrubs.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=794571956&player=Booshka

Karl2177

thezerofire said:
but really, I have a friend on the Giants so they're automatically my team
Meh, I'd never be a Bills fan if this were the case for everyone.

Sadly the Seahawks got beat by the 49ers.

Homeboyd

thezerofire said:
http://cdn.babble.com/famecrawler/files/2010/12/eli-manning.jpg

but really, I have a friend on the Giants so they're automatically my team
Haha yeah I graduated with and am buddies with Aaron Rodgers backup QB so I'm always rooting for him.. Even though they're rivals.

In like Flynn!

Homeboyd

I just hope there's more to Hang em High.. Know what I mean?

:p

I suppose Headlong could feature what I'm looking for... But it doesn't seem as likely. And anyways, we know nothing of this Headlong anyways! So I don't know what you guys are talking about!!

#igntrolling

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Anyone expecting a second Forgeworld (and there's a huge amount of these folks) are going to be disappointed.

That kind of thing would be a headliner and would have been mentioned and showcased already.

Bill Belicheat and Sheli Manning? I'll never like the Patriots and Tom Brady is the biggest douchebag in the NFL. Eli has never had an ounce of respect from me, either, for being the world's biggest cry baby pre-draft: "I don't wanna play for the Chargers." Pffft. What an ungrateful self-centered loser, lol.

Homeboyd

Dani said:
Anyone expecting a second Forgeworld (and there's a huge amount of these folks) are going to be disappointed.

That kind of thing would be a headliner and would have been mentioned and showcased already.
I don't expect that at all. I do however suspect a large portion (if not all) of Hang em high to be built from forge pieces. There could be an outside area available for forging with a slightly different environment but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

neoism

Devolution said:
The problem with any idle detection system, many of the players who idle will put an eraser or rubber band on the stick and start moving around maps but still not do shit, just to keep the prompt from popping up.

I guess the only thing they can't really do is a bot but with Reach most of the AFKers are there, they don't just leave their xbox running. So they will no doubtedly perform whatever task necessary to stay in game, but nothing more than that. That's why anything other than a vote to kick is destined to fail, at least in my opinion.

What kind of music are you into? I play a lot of electronica and some industrial in the background when I'm gaming. Here are some examples I think would fit well:

KMFDM - Professional Killer
KMFDM - Attak Reload
KMFDM - Ready to Blow
KMFDM - Urban Monkey Warfare
BT - Smartbomb
BT - Madskillz
Crystal Method - PhD
Crystal Method - Name of the Game
Crystal Method - High Roller
Crystal Method - Born to Slow
Orbital - Monorail
Orbital - Much Ado About Nothing Left

Wasn't sure what mood you wanted, they're all over the map. If you want more suggestions I can do that too =).
BOSS TASTE!
I play
Deftones
Aes Dana
BT
Hanz Zimmer especially Mombasa on repeat..<3
Mostly energetic music...I always listen to music when I play REACH

Tawpgun

Watching Pre-Game for Pats right now.

*hi five kylej*

Also, to those confused about the Gears spotting, It's pressing down on the analog stick when your reticle on the enemy. A waypoint appears on their head for a short time. Thats in MP.

In Single Player, if you have AI teammates, you can spot an enemy and your AI Squad will engage them. That is what Halo really needs in single player. Make friendly AI useful. Disappointed Reach didn't have more squad elements. In the books, a spartan squad is glorious. In Reach they're just there.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:

Would make sense.

My hope is we also get a sampling of the Forge funtionality of the CEA maps, though that may well be saved for later. CA made a point to mention several times the expanded Forge palette on the new maps. I'm not expecting anything crazy, but rather tools to make sensible modifications to each map. More than say, a bridge here and there.

I'm curious about this line from the Friday update:

If, by chance, the pretty pictures didn’t satisfy your craving for more Anniversary news, keep your ears to the ground during the week of this year’s Tokyo Game Show. I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor that we’ll be releasing some tasty tidbits, both about Anniversary and the upcoming Halo: Reach Title Update, during that time frame.​
I thought we had the final TU list, so unless they're talkign Social Achievements, I'm assuming the new stuff is on the implementation front.

ncsuDuncan said:
Soon the GAF Journey shall begin. But when it does, the weight of your Junior status will stay your feet. And you shall be left behind.

<3

Ramirez said:

That game was so painful. It physically hurt to watch.

So I just remembered to add a guy who's in my silkscreen class because he was like "you play Halo?!?!?!" I was like "uh yeah" and we were talking about Reach and stuff in class. I tend to forget that most women just don't admit to such things, play other genres, are pretty casual (fuck you farmville) or don't game much at all. But I just forget this shit and I'm like "why wouldn't I play Halo?" I'm a dumbass sometimes.

Also the women in my class were cool about it. A lot of the time in school I didn't mention it because I get that look from other women, and I don't want to be in "the nerdy chick" square, despite you know the obvious (that I am). Now I don't give a fuck.

tldr: Being a woman who plays games but doesn't want to be that "gamergirl"/attention whore is complicated.

Top Bottom