• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

I posted this last night but I figured I would post it again. Check out this picture I took of the McFarlane anniversary MC I bought yesterday-

IMG_0315.jpg

I just love this figure so I thought I would share.

Edit* Devin, is your contest still open? I tried for hours earlier and failed miserably but I may give it a few more tries.

ElRenoRaven

The Antitype said:
I guess it would be silly to ask, but did Bungie mention if any of the new maps (remakes) would work with Invasion in some capacity?

Some of the larger ones could probably work if they were creative with the objective placement. Headlong and Ridgeline, in particular.

Again it's 343 now. Bungie has moved on. So repeat after me. 343 343 343 343 343 343

lol

The Antitype said:
I guess it would be silly to ask, but did Bungie mention if any of the new maps (remakes) would work with Invasion in some capacity?

Some of the larger ones could probably work if they were creative with the objective placement. Headlong and Ridgeline, in particular.
You meant 343i right?

Striker

Dani said:
That was fixed. They placed objects inside the box to ensure it couldn't be flipped.
Must have been two years or so after. Last time I was in 1-flag or 1-bomb on Last Resort teams kept flipping the box. Some times players would get stuck in it. Just a dumb idea in the first place, and a crummy map.

Tashi0106 said:
Confess your love for bloom!!!
Bloom is so good, it adds realism to halo and puts everyone on a even footing, it punishes spammers and rewards the methodical shot pacers. I love bloom with all my heart i almost dont even want a TU. Infact remake halo 1,2,3,ODST and EVEN Halo wars and retro patch Bloom into these games for a much more skill orientated play environment. Bloom is the single greatest thing to happen to this franchise since armour lock .

You will find everything you need right here tashi.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Striker said:
Must have been two years or so after. Last time I was in 1-flag or 1-bomb on Last Resort teams kept flipping the box. Some times players would get stuck in it. Just a dumb idea in the first place, and a crummy map.

Not sure when the fix came out, but it a while for the exploit to be noticed and a decent amount of time to be fixed.

I loved playing with the box. Good memories.

ElRenoRaven

StalkerUKCG said:
Bloom is so good, it adds realism to halo and puts everyone on a even footing, it punishes spammers and rewards the methodical shot pacers. I love bloom with all my heart i almost dont even want a TU. Infact remake halo 1,2,3,ODST and EVEN Halo wars and retro patch Bloom into these games for a much more skill orientated play environment. Bloom is the single greatest thing to happen to this franchise since armour lock .

Oh Tashi you had so better come through for the poor guy.

Hey You

cory021 said:
Here were a few games I used to play back in H3 that used VIP:

Agents was a 2 sided VIP game where the VIP was invisible and had a sniper, but was killed by like 3 bullets. Your teammates were stronger when you were within about 50 meters of your VIP. You only have 5 lives and the round ended when the VIP died. It was very tactical and fast-paced.

Asset was a one sided VIP game where the VIP was Vergil from ODST. He had Overshields and a Plasma Pistol (to EMP vehicles). His teammates were ODSTs and had to defend the Asset from the Covenant (other team) for 4 minutes. The Covenant used a spawn system that was actually really similar to Reach's Invasion loadouts.

So yeah, VIP custom games were really fun.

Oh, if you guys are interested, I suggest reading the threads; they're actually pretty nicely made.
I played Asset but not Agents. Sounds like alot of fun. I wish VIP was in Reach, hopefully 343i will consider this once they've gotten to know Megalo.

Flipyap

Demoncarnotaur said:
I posted this last night but I figured I would post it again. Check out this picture I took of the McFarlane anniversary MC I bought yesterday-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/cplqpictures/IMG_0315.jpg[img]

I just love this figure so I thought I would share.[/QUOTE]
I love that thing, it's an absolutely brilliant idea. I hope future series of the Anniversary line will feature some more low poly figures.
Though I guess other models don't hold up as well as the Chief does...

Flipyap said:
I love that thing, it's an absolutely brilliant idea. I hope future series of the Anniversary line will feature some more low poly figures.
Though I guess other models don't hold up as well as the Chief does...

Agree. I bet an Elite or a Jackal would hold up as a low poly version. I also hope they do a CEA Chief.

Risen said:
By that logic there is no random "hit" either. Regardless of your statement shot placement is random within a cone of probability within bloom... Thereby creating random hits and misses relative to the aim. (shots not going where aimed/intended)

You are right in the amount of risk is completely under your control... what is not is the imbalance created by the ability of some to assume MORE risk than others depending on connection, combined with the effects of said random placement.

Reducing or eliminating bloom lessens/removes the chance for the random hit/miss RELATIVE to aim (key words there)... it also reduces the imbalance in the ability of some to assume more risk by spamming over distance (while others cannot) which again lessens the connection gap created by bloom.
While bloom may obfuscate adverse network conditions to a degree, they'll still be there when you remove it, after which people will just blame the netcode instead of the bloom. And besides, the bloom mechanic is handled by the client, right?

Reducing the bloom makes the weapon more reliable for everyone, not just spammers, but lessens the impact pacing has on encounters. You're reducing a skill element of the game. Removing it altogether and working around that seems like a better course of action to me, if bloom is the problem you want to fix. Another way of thinking about it is distance between players. Bloom reduced by 15% will perform identically to current bloom, albeit at greater distances.

Does anyone know how this percentage adjustment actually works? Does it change the speed at which bloom shrinks or does it change the area to which it expands? (Upon further consideration, this is irrelevant, because you can adjust it either way so that the areas of the reticle are identical at the maximum firing rate).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Devin your track is ridiculous lol, I got to the actual mongoose once so far. That fall is too much, even following the arrow. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
StalkerUKCG said:

You will find everything you need right here tashi.
Lol my sarcasm meter just exploded

Farooq

Banned
Striker said:
Yeah, poor implementations were one thing. Last Resort was a funny one. They placed an empty box in the offensive base, right near the one side door. Coincidentally, you could grab a nearby Brute Shot and use grenades to flip the box on top of the flag or bomb spot. That was a brilliant plan, and guess what? It never got changed. Then you factor in horrific ideas like instant arm Assault, constant 1-flag stuff on symmetrical maps which are rarely fun, and outside a few, the Halo 3 4v4 map set for Team Objective was pretty ass. And they lacked big in asymmetric stuff like Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, Turf, and Ivory Tower in Halo 2. Where was this? Hell, it wasn't even an idea for larger maps in BTB for Halo 3, and also in Reach. What has been the reasoning for ignoring designs from Headlong, Terminal, and Zanzibar? I just... ugh.

The asymmetrical map selection was poor. Not even close to the quality of asymmetrical maps in Halo 2.

Bungie should have quickly realized this and played to Halo 3's strength which was basically multi-flag. Not try to fit asymmetrical gametypes on symmetrical maps.

By the time they implemented a classic flag playlist. It failed as well. Primarily because it was too late (majority of the population moved on to other games) and it required DLC. You cannot implement a new playlist and have it require DLC. It was no wonder it failed.

I remember when they made Team Slayer (the most popular ranked playlist) DLC required. The population took a huge nose dive, from 40,000-50,000 to 15,000-20,000 during peak hours.

Whatever, what can you do. Bungie made some terrible decisions regarding mathmaking. I hope 343 do not make the same mistakes. Rather I hope Shishka learned from his time overlooking Halo 3's mp if he is to be the person in charge of Reach's/Halo 4's playlists.

Ken

-Yeti said:
Yes! Can you keep the Yeti in my avatar, yet give it a Halo vibe? That would be neat.

88c48008.png

Devin Olsen said:
If anyone is online playing anything but Big Team Battle, invite me.

I'm interested in joining a non-BTB party as well, if there are any with slots open.

PsychoRaven said:
And he comes through again. That is just awesome.

I just found the Chief on Google. X: I'm surprised MapleStory hasn't made an official faux Spartan armor CS outfit yet.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Devin Olsen said:
If anyone is online playing anything but Big Team Battle, invite me.

Cannot do 8v8 lagfest anymore.

Do you have winners for all of the prizes yet?

This map you made might be the end of me. :p Went -26 trying to get to the mongoose this time.

blamite

Holy crap, I completely forgot we were getting a new OT today. Sweet. :lol
Demoncarnotaur said:

IMG_0315.jpg

I just love this figure so I thought I would share.

Edit* Devin, is your contest still open? I tried for hours earlier and failed miserably but I may give it a few more tries.
This is awesome. And my new phone wallpaper! :D Good job!

-Yeti said:
Yes! Can you keep the Yeti in my avatar, yet give it a Halo vibe? That would be neat.

The yeti was awfully hard to work with so im afraid the results arnt too good at all, ill post anyway but i dont expect you to use them.

AI Yeti
PUXhQ.png

Hog Yeti
mtEFe.png

Clearly been out photoshopped like a nubslut :(.

ElRenoRaven

StalkerUKCG said:
The yeti was awfully hard to work with so im afraid the results arnt too good at all, ill post anyway but i dont expect you to use them.

AI Yeti
http://i.imgur.com/PUXhQ.png[img]
Hog Yeti
[img]http://i.imgur.com/mtEFe.png[img][/QUOTE]

Those are damn good too.

Devolution said:
Ken can you Halofy my av too, people don't want me to change it but I've wanted something Halo-esque for a while.

Anything your looking for, keeping your current avy would be pretty awkward.

StalkerUKCG said:

AI Yeti
PUXhQ.png

Hog Yeti
mtEFe.png

Clearly been out photoshopped like a nubslut :(.
Those are way good too. Lol @ the Yeti in the Warthog. I think I'm gonna go with Ken's though. The Spartan in a barrel backpack is just too much haha.

Too bad we can't have gifs as avatars now, or else I would put all of these on rotation.

Edit: Lol @ the video. Yetayyy!

ElRenoRaven

-Yeti said:
Those are way good too. Lol @ the Yeti in the Warthog. I think I'm gonna go with Ken's though. The Spartan in a barrel backpack is just too much haha.

Too bad we can't have gifs as avatars now, or else I would put all of these on rotation.

Yea. I miss those. I never really saw anyone abuse them. Not anyone in Halogaf anyway.

ElRenoRaven

Plywood said:
Kat in place of man, cats stay.

LMAO. You know I was thinking how we can keep both. Replace the guy with a spartan then put cats around Spartan's head like they are on current one. It's win win. It's cats up in your Halo.

neoism

PsychoRaven said:
Are we not going fast enough for you? We can pick up the pace if you want. lol

Also come on BS Angel get this damn update up.
lol to fast..... I knew we would have the new thread today. Still insane.

That Yeti in the hog is awesome

Where do I look for the waypoint update? The Bungie one used to be on the front page; is that the case for the waypoint one? I need to know where to f5 lol

vv

Thanks guys

thee henery said:

Where do I look for the waypoint update? The Bungie one used to be on the front page; is that the case for the waypoint one? I need to know where to f5 lol
yeah it's front page

ElRenoRaven

thee henery said:

When new one is up news section will show it right away. It's not up yet though. BS Angel isn't able to publish it yet. So it's running real late.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Devin, well played sir. I could only make it halfway through your course. After dying at least 100 times on the initial jump, the times that I did make it I died on the platforming.

You win this round.

ElRenoRaven

StalkerUKCG said:
http://i.imgur.com/zt4WV.png[img]

Best i can do, found it hard to work with the cats[/QUOTE]

Not bad at all.

[QUOTE=-Yeti]Is my new avatar showing up for you guys?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Make sure you uploaded it right. I find it seems to not want to take them the first time for some reason.

Top Bottom