• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Hmm...

xflmC.jpg

Ken

Tunavi said:
Just pre-ordered CEA

Hopefully amazon gives $10 of credit for pre-ordering, they spoil me too much

Maybe I should pre-order Gears 3 off Amazon for the $20 credit and pre-order CEA again with that credit.

Oh wow those cats are funny. I decided it was time I went back to an old avatar of mine. After all, it combines my love of Halo, metal and keytars! :lol

Glad bsangel went into depth on the changes. Shame bloom can't be altered on player's 360s.

Zoolader

Awesome franklez cathead picture!

Here is my first completed run on Devin's swag course. I want to shave some seconds off since I know somebody already has a faster time by 5 seconds. Since my first completion I can hardly land the first platform with the goose, so damn frustrating this map!!!! Maybe I'll have some sort of contest like this, it's been a good challenge.

Good update, but a couple of things I'd like addressed:

1. movement speed
2. jump height
3. movement inertia

if you'd be so kind

heckfu

Banned
Yall, I have to start back up with rotations for school tomorrow. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO CHECK GAF ALL DAY?

Zoolader

Havok said:
Rendering.

Edit: Double rendered, I guess.

It took your minutes aswell? That's wack I didn't know that could happen. Next time I'll confirm I'm going to render before I go ahead.

feel

Hey OWV, the TU stuff in the Bulletin wasn't what you were talking about right?? RIGHT??
We're still on the same place TU/CEA-mp info wise as we were when we got that Damnation vid two weeks ago :(

Devolution said:
Holy shit just noticed the cats! :O

Havok

Zoolader said:
It took your minutes aswell? That's wack I didn't know that could happen. Next time I'll confirm I'm going to render before I go ahead.
Looking at the page now, I guess it didn't. It gave me confirmation that it was being rendered so I just assumed it had gone through on my end.

In other news, I have a single render minute if anybody needs anything rendered. I probably won't use it for anything, now that I've got my Banshee rage videos up.

Wow, another week, another update that sheds very little light on what to expect.

It's awesome that 343i is doing a TU, that they have given us an insight into what's possible and a rough time frame - but this is not the list I (and I assume many others) were looking for. Fall damage, move speed? Both are more or less confirmed, yet not broken down or even mentioned. Also, grenades and banshee - these deserve attention above and beyond the likes of melee and bloom - and yet have been ignored (or so it seems) again and again.

If there are still elements in the pipeline or being tested, that's cool, I want 343i to do the best job they can above all else. However, surely someone can say, by now, "there will be no adjustment to grenades or the banshee" - disappoint me now instead of leaving me desperately clinging to hope.

Also, a bloomless needle rifle sounds all kinds of awesome.

GhaleonEB

Ultimately, bloom and cadence (among other features) were specifically designed to give Reach a slower pace than previous titles. However, a couple of notable features have arisen from this decision: for starters, cadence is easily interrupted in Reach. In fact, many of the Armor Abilities are almost explicitly designed to do that and waiting for that fifth DMR shot to be ready can be really frustrating when you lose the race against your opponent’s Armor Lock energy recovery. Second, shooting to cadence is really only a valid tactic at range; the closer you get to your opponent, the less cadence applies, and players both casual and competitive can attest to how spamming the trigger actually becomes the more reliable option here. So, ultimately while the goal was to make the weapons feel more sophisticated and add a layer of skill required to use them, the net result has been that medium range weapons such as the DMR feel unreliable at their intended range, and trigger spam has not been discouraged.​

As I read this, a smile came over my face. Because that's easily the best one-paragraph synopsis explaining why Reach's implementation of bloom is problematic. The smile got bigger as I noted that the developer this came from is making Halo 4.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
The list from this Bulletin is THE list for the TU. Fall damage(although it sounds like a simple fix) sadly didn't end up making the cut this time.

Mojo said:
Yeah. And when a DLC map appears in the lobby, you can either quit and search for a new match, or stay until the timer counts down and it'll tell you that you don't have the map

Never played WaW online, but I don't own the DLC for MW2, but DLC maps still appeared at random.

Are you sure your talking about the right game lol, because that is not how DLC works in MW2. What you are describing is how it worked in COD WAW, but in MW1, MW2, and Black Ops it was different. Matchmaking automatically looks at what DLC maps you have and put you with other players that have the same DLC as you. So you are rewarded for buying the maps by getting to play them, and it doesn't screw over the players that don't buy them. It's by far the best DLC integration on consoles today.

Also, holy shit you guys are already to page 13 in the new thread lol.

And about the Banshee and Headlong, which we definitely don't know about, I feel like the map and the gauss hog will balance it a bit (it will at least be a lot better than on some other maps in the game).

GhaleonEB

The pic from the update reminded me to post what the Warthog looked like put together. In a word, awesome. Even has independent suspension on each wheel.

IMG_5957.jpg

Karl2177

lybertyboy said:
The list from this Bulletin is THE list for the TU. Fall damage(although it sounds like a simple fix) sadly didn't end up making the cut this time.
:(

So that's the extent of it? I'm pretty happy with what got in, but I was probably a bit too optimistic with what could and couldn't be done with the resources(and time) at hand. Super pumped for September!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That was one of the better weekly bulletins thus far. Lots of direct, solid info, and lotsa laffs.

feel

lybertyboy said:
That's fine but when are we getting actual detailed gametype and playlist info??

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Holy shit, I go to work when I see the OT6 get made and come back to 13 pages.

I've prob said it before, but damn if this thread moves faster than hell.

Time to check out the weeky bulletin, wootz.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Letters said:
That's fine but when are we getting actual detailed gametype and playlist info??
Those are still being finalized. Expect more info in the coming weeks.

Do you really want us to lay everything out and then make you wait a month? Sounds pretty cruel to me.

wwm0nkey

lybertyboy said:
Well if there ever is a TU2, nerf those grenades :)

Tunavi

Banned
lybertyboy said:
grenades aren't being nerfed.

fuck.

Havok

lybertyboy said:

Do you really want us to lay everything out and then make you wait a month? Sounds pretty cruel to me.
Kind of. That might prevent another 'BTB Headhunter on Countdown' situation - we'd have plenty of time to bitch about it before release in hopes of change.

On that note, I really appreciate how transparent you guys have been to fans even outside of your own site's forums. Going to the Optimatch forum cesspool to see official responses to stuff was never really great, although I can see why they had that system in place.

feel

lybertyboy said:

Alright alright! :)

PS: tons of AA-free playlists please

It will be interesting to see how much of an impact 85% bloom will have on the DMR. I know in the three shot pistol playlist I didn't really feel much of a difference with bloom only being reduced 15%. Although to be fair when ever I was playing it was on a large tv two feet in front of my face which wasnt ideal for picking apart weapon tweaks.

heckfu

Banned
Devolution said:
When the av was first posted, so a couple hours ago. Changed the url, no dice still.

I had a problem with that last night. I see your external avatar link is listed with the new one but under the option menu there is another option for 'edit avatar' specifically. Try that one now :D

Top Bottom