• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

QFDCR-JK2HP-GTP3F-JFCCR-R9YYZ

EDIT: ^

cory021

Neo Member
Does anyone have a list of all current Forge maps? I know FUD has a list of all the playlist updates, but I can't find that page. Link?

Zoolader

Dang code used, you all are quick!

Trying to copy/paste on an ipad is a hassle. I'm going back to my desktop just in case...

Farooq

Banned
Striker said:
I wouldn't deny the issues in the playlists were a huge sour taste at the game for me. The boring gunplay, equipment, poor maps, and the way Bungie took a huge dump on the games like Assault, Flag, 3 Plots, and attempted to jam gametypes like Territories and VIP down our throats was something else. Those reasons were icing on the cake for the game getting tedious, and simply not fun anymore. Playlists sucked, yeah, little to no changes to things like Team Objective, and Team Snipers sat in Ranked Team Slayer for over a year - it just didn't go over well period.

Yea, Bungie says they have "data" they look at to monitor player grievances, but I seriously doubt that gave a better account than what people where experiencing playing the game.

Let's take the Team Objectives as an example. It died out because of a low population, and Bungie concluded that the majority of the population flat out do not like objective gametypes. Okay that may be true, majority of the players are about slayer, but that doesn't mean there isn't a viable population for the playlist if the gametypes are implemented correctly.

Some examples of the gametypes in team objective were stuff like One Bomb with AR starts on Last resort. I mean WTF? Do you really need someone to tell you why this would be a bad idea, and would only create situations of extremely frustrating gameplay?

Then you have one sided games on symmetrical maps, I understand that sometimes this can be viable, but majority of the time all it means is one side of the map never sees any action and if you die on the opposing team side. You have to travel (with that slow ass spartan) half the length of the map just to see some glimpse of a firefight.

One sided gametypes may not be problem on smaller maps, but on a map like Valhalla? It is brutal especially in a 4v4 setting.

The whole playlist was poorly thought out. The combination of a piss poor starting weapon, with gametypes on maps that shouldn't occur. Not to mention there were exciting variants of 1 Flag and 2 Flag made by the community but NEVER saw the light of day.

I really do not believe that the community would deny an objective playlist if it was done right. And in the case of Halo 3 it was not done right at all.

I could go into a lot more detail of why I thought Team Objective failed, and what was wrong with the other playlists, but honestly what is the point.

You watch one 'girly' movie on Netflix and all of a sudden XBL is all over you.

JRQAn.jpg

To clarify it was my girlfriend who originally wanted to watch it.

Gui_PT

Hahahahaha

Either you're super cool member of HaloGAF and you get all the stuff or the people who post the least get the goodies.

LIFE!

What are these codes? if its cortana props im gunna cry my soul away :( never going to catch one, i compete in challenges to get them and still nothing. Ahh well luck of the draw.

Wallpaper incoming fairly soon HaloGAF brace for impact.

Gui_PT said:
Hahahahaha

Either you're super cool member of HaloGAF and you get all the stuff or the people who post the least get the goodies.

LIFE!
Well spend less time posting and more time looking at the newly edited post at the top of the page.

Kujo

I wouldn't even be able to redeem anything at the moment anyway, qq

How about you pick a number between 1-10 and we pick. I got dibs on 7

PsychoRaven said:
Beats me. I think he said he had a lot. I would hope several is more then 3. lol

Im never getting one anyway lol, i have the reflexes of a one arm wombat. Wonder if the item will ever be on the marketplace

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
StalkerUKCG said:
Take it thats the end of the code giveaway so i can close my xbox.com redeem code tab?
HKWDV-QXY47-KCGGF-FYR49-62YWZ

I think I'm about done for the night. Will try and post more tomorrow.

ElRenoRaven

StalkerUKCG said:
Im never getting one anyway lol, i have the reflexes of a one arm wombat. Wonder if the item will ever be on the marketplace

Oh never say never. All it takes is one lucky moment. HAHA. Nice one David.

lybertyboy said:
I think I'm about done for the night. Will try and post more tomorrow.

Thank you very much, I initially read your post pretty dissapointed and then spotted the spoiler tag and realised that wasnt in Stalkers original post lol. Thanks!

Ill take this opportunity to say watching you on at Halofest is impressive. Might seem like nothing to you guys but I wouldnt have that level of composure when faced with some difficult questions in front of a large crowd lol!

Striker

Farooq said:
Let's take the Team Objectives as an example. It died out because of a low population, and Bungie concluded that the majority of the population flat out do not like objective gametypes. Okay that may be true, majority of the players are about slayer, but that doesn't mean there isn't a viable population for the playlist if the gametypes are implemented correctly.

Some examples of the gametypes in team objective were stuff like One Bomb with AR starts on Last resort. I mean WTF? Do you really need someone to tell you why this would be a bad idea, and would only create situations of extremely frustrating gameplay?
Yeah, poor implementations were one thing. Last Resort was a funny one. They placed an empty box in the offensive base, right near the one side door. Coincidentally, you could grab a nearby Brute Shot and use grenades to flip the box on top of the flag or bomb spot. That was a brilliant plan, and guess what? It never got changed. Then you factor in horrific ideas like instant arm Assault, constant 1-flag stuff on symmetrical maps which are rarely fun, and outside a few, the Halo 3 4v4 map set for Team Objective was pretty ass. And they lacked big in asymmetric stuff like Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, Turf, and Ivory Tower in Halo 2. Where was this? Hell, it wasn't even an idea for larger maps in BTB for Halo 3, and also in Reach. What has been the reasoning for ignoring designs from Headlong, Terminal, and Zanzibar? I just... ugh.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Striker said:
Yeah, poor implementations were one thing. Last Resort was a funny one. They placed an empty box in the offensive base, right near the one side door. Coincidentally, you could grab a nearby Brute Shot and use grenades to flip the box on top of the flag or bomb spot. That was a brilliant plan, and guess what? It never got changed.

That was fixed. They placed objects inside the box to ensure it couldn't be flipped.

I guess it would be silly to ask, but did Bungie mention if any of the new maps (remakes) would work with Invasion in some capacity?

Some of the larger ones could probably work if they were creative with the objective placement. Headlong and Ridgeline, in particular.

Top Bottom