• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tawpgun

Hydranockz said:
But you're not going to get an amazing 4. There will ALWAYS be something you won't like in any and every Halo game. You complained about 3 and thought Bungie was listening when they made Reach. They are always going to respond to some things sure, but never everything.
It's a new studio. That gives some hope.

But you're right. There will never be a perfect game. I didn't like somethings about Halo 3, but I definitely liked it more than Reach.

It's important to complain though. It lets the devs know about the issue. You have to keep at it until you get confirmation its going to be fixed :p

You really need to realize that complaining is necessary. Not everyone is going to write a constructive post on all the things we don't like because it takes too much time and its been done.

I could if you want though.

I complain about HaloGaf because I love it. It's not a bad community. It's better than most others. I figure if I complain enough, they might listen :p

By all means address problems in Reach. That's natural. It's the weird satisfaction people seemingly get from releasing their issues with Reach in rage induced posts that bothers me. I get that some problems in Reach run rampant over their experience. I don't get why you'd continuously indulge the people who genuinely enjoy Halo with your rage filled posts.

It sometimes feels like you guys don't want me to have fun :p

Farooq

Banned
neoism said:
yep. Plus I doubt 343 has people on staff looking at all of the communities and go through all of the posts to see what they like and don't like. They should make the game the way they want it... and they will. I love all the Halo games, but I hate some things in all of the games also, 4 will be no different.

I think given 343's current state, they are going to be A LOT more receptive to the community than Bungie was or would be.

343 has the weight of a succesful franchise on their shoulders, they need to have their ear bent a little closer to community than Bungie.

Tawpgun

Hydranockz said:
I complain about HaloGaf because I love it. It's not a bad community. It's better than most others. I figure if I complain enough, they might listen :p

By all means address problems in Reach. That's natural. It's the weird satisfaction people seemingly get from releasing their issues with Reach in rage induced posts that bothers me. I get that some problems in Reach run rampant over their experience. I don't get why you'd continuously indulge the people who genuinely enjoy Halo with your rage filled posts.

It sometimes feels like you guys don't want me to have fun :p
By all means have fun. No one is trying to stop you.

Also I'd wager that 99% of the people here who complain enjoy Reach also. We're just very vocal about the things we don't like.

neoism said:
yes but 1 solid year of it. :>/
I used to ask the same question of Juices back in the Halo 3 thread when he was constantly complaining. I would wonder why he wouldn't just go plays some other game if he hated Halo 3 so much. Now I completely understand and there are two reasons why I continue to play this game.

1: Halo was my first serious FPS. I have put more time into this franchise than any other by a multiple of probably 10. (This would be much higher if it wasn't for WoW). I very much want my Halo back.

2: Reach is still probably the best console FPS out right now. There are things I am really unhappy with but it is still better than CoD. I hope that I can help improve not only this game but future Halo titles through my feedback. Would the TU of happened if those with constructive* criticisms didn't express them?

*I realize that criticisms on Gaf usually aren't the most constructive lol but still.

Edit:
Also I came across this while looking through the Halo 3 thread and about fell out of my chair. /thegoodolddays

neoism said:
yes I know I read every post this thread. :p

Well then I don't get your point, if they're here and actively listening, why not discuss and debate the merits of certain inclusions, exclusions and how we feel about various elements in game?

Captain Blood said:
I used to ask the same question of Juices back in the Halo 3 thread when he was constantly complaining. I would wonder why he wouldn't just go plays some other game if he hated Halo 3 so much. Now I completely understand and there are two reasons why I continue to play this game.

1: Halo was my first serious FPS. I have put more time into this franchise than any other by a multiple of probably 10. (This would be much higher if it wasn't for WoW).

2: Reach is still probably the best console FPS out right now. There are things I am really unhappy with but it is still better than CoD. I hope that I can help improve not only this game but future Halo titles through my feedback. Would the TU of happened if those with constructive* criticisms didn't express them?

*I realize that criticisms on Gaf usually aren't the most constructive lol but still.

Edit:
Also I came across this while looking through the Halo 3 thread and about fell out of my chair. /thegoodolddays

I've seen plenty of constructive criticism, and I've made some. I don't really want to write a page of how it could be better time and again. Plus if I'm really frustrated with something that should have been fixed in previous games even, there's no real reason to write an essay on why it needs fixing. Like the quitters or the rounds on objective. That stuff should have been dealt with years ago.

orznge

Banned
Captain Blood said:

Yeah I agree the desire that HaloGAF has for a decent game that works on the most basic mechanical level is just not at all constructive.

orznge

Banned
Devolution said:
Well then I don't get your point, if they're here and actively listening, why not discuss and debate the merits of certain inclusions, exclusions and how we feel about various elements in game?

because you can play with your friends and be a spaceman that shoots other spacemen how can you complain Haha

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Obviously everyone here loves Reach. I'll only believe you don't if you stopped playing the game.

orznge said:
because you can play with your friends and be a spaceman that shoots other spacemen how can you complain Haha

How dare you make me laugh right now, I'm trying to carry on a serious...LMFAO I can't even finish that sentence with a serious face.

orznge

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Obviously everyone here loves Reach. I'll only believe you don't if you stopped playing the game.

I sold it when they took the gametype that only had sprint (was it Slayer Pro?) out of Arena like a month or whatever after it came out.

heckfu

Banned
Tashi0106 said:

The only one who wasn't shitting us was Zayne. Dude left...and he's gone for good :(

Constructional feedback is good.

Complaining all the time is not.

I think we can all agree to that. Believe me, nothing feels quite as relieving than watching someone break down an issue they have with Reach in a way that illustrates why the problem is so severe and how that person feels it should be changed. I loved how people explained why bubbles in objective was a bad idea or how a bloomless dmr would break long range combat etc. I hope you can see the distinction here.

neoism

Devolution said:
because they have 5 other ots of the same shit over and over again. But I'm not goina post about it no mo, because this thread will turn into bitching about the bitching which it has little so.

but remember

HALO IS AWESOME guys.....

Booshka

orznge said:
I sold it when they took the gametype that only had sprint (was it Slayer Pro?) out of Arena like a month or whatever after it came out.
You're first mistake was buying it. A friend of mine bought it, so I borrowed it from him for a couple weeks in October, played the Campaign all the way through and about 30 hours of MP, had a pretty good time, then gave it back to him.

I got into the MS Disc Beta and they sent me Reach for free, so now I can play guilt free because I didn't pay for it. It's a good game, but a mediocre Halo game, like all of them beside Halo CE.

Tunavi

Banned
Booshka said:
For you, TunaviX.

t1321344000z4.png
lol you will never let that go, will you?

and 62 days fuck yes!

senador

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
It's a new studio. That gives some hope.

But you're right. There will never be a perfect game. I didn't like somethings about Halo 3, but I definitely liked it more than Reach.

It's important to complain though. It lets the devs know about the issue. You have to keep at it until you get confirmation its going to be fixed :p

You really need to realize that complaining is necessary. Not everyone is going to write a constructive post on all the things we don't like because it takes too much time and its been done.

I could if you want though.

Your age shows a bit here. Flat out complaining isn't cool. I agree with you, but your approach is bad. It says "I'm snotty and I want my way and I'll complain until I get it!". That's the vibe I get from many of your posts anyway. Why would 343 want to cater to this?

Sorry to you, thezerofire, bobs and others too probably. I largely agree with all of you just not the approach. I gotta stop arguing with the way you people argue. Or maybe not. If we are more respectable and respectful, I think it'd go a long way.

kylej

Banned
I play Halo for the people. Same reason I play Blops. If I didn't have people I enjoy hanging with online, I'd just play singleplayer games.

Tunavi

Banned
In my experience, when Reach is bad, its cringeworthy. When its good, its very enjoyable. There is no middle for me.

I've never played Reach and said, "meh." It's either a horrible experience or an awesome one.

Booshka

Tunavi said:
In my experience, when Reach is bad, its cringeworthy. When its good, its very enjoyable. There is no middle for me.

I've never played Reach and said, "meh." It's either a horrible experience or an awesome one.
So, what you are trying to say is, sometimes you are Tunavi, and other times you are TunaviX.

kylej said:
I play Halo for the people. Same reason I play Blops. If I didn't have people I enjoy hanging with online, I'd just play singleplayer games.

^5 Broham.

Seriously though you say some wicked witty shit when we play. And your love spats with Juices are always good for a chuckle.

Tawpgun

senador said:
Your age shows a bit here. Flat out complaining isn't cool. I agree with you, but your approach is bad. It says "I'm snotty and I want my way and I'll complain until I get it!". That's the vibe I get from many of your posts anyway. Why would 343 want to cater to this?

Sorry to you, thezerofire, bobs and others too probably. I largely agree with all of you just not the approach. I gotta stop arguing with the way you people argue. Or maybe not. If we are more respectable and respectful, I think it'd go a long way.
Hydranockz said:
Constructional feedback is good.

Complaining all the time is not.

I think we can all agree to that. Believe me, nothing feels quite as relieving than watching someone break down an issue they have with Reach in a way that illustrates why the problem is so severe and how that person feels it should be changed. I loved how people explained why bubbles in objective was a bad idea or how a bloomless dmr would break long range combat etc. I hope you can see the distinction here.

I don't want the people who "complain" about Reach to be seen as whiny little brats crying because we didn't get what we wanted.

I, like many others, can give constructive posts on why this is bad, on why this is good. And like the many others here, I have. But to do it every single post? That's a bit unreasonable.

If I play a game against Armor Lock Hero's I'm going to come in here and say "Fuck Armor Lock how did this even make it into the game."

I'm not going to write a mega post on why Armor Lock is the worst design decision I've ever seen Bungie make.

But I could and I have. Just as many others here have. It's unrealistic to expect that after every post.

Then don't post :p "If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all." Why fill our otherwise happy thread with short rage posts? We all know people have problems with the game.

Edit: That sounded rude. It wasn't intended as such.

Tunavi

Banned
Booshka said:
So, what you are trying to say is, sometimes you are Tunavi, and other times you are TunaviX.
Correct. You just happened to catch me experiencing everything I hate in one game. (jetpacks being spammed to shit due to LOADOUTS, bloom really holding me back, grenades raining from the sky, no map control whatsoever, horrible sightlines, forge maps in matchmaking)

Hydranockz said:
Then don't post :p "If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all." Why fill our otherwise happy thread with short rage posts? We all know people have problems with the game.
because we want these flaws improved

caps taken off lol

senador

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
I don't want the people who "complain" about Reach to be seen as whiny little brats crying because we didn't get what we wanted.

I, like many others, can give constructive posts on why this is bad, on why this is good. And like the many others here, I have. But to do it every single post? That's a bit unreasonable.

If I play a game against Armor Lock Hero's I'm going to come in here and say "Fuck Armor Lock how did this even make it into the game."

I'm not going to write a mega post on why Armor Lock is the worst design decision I've ever seen Bungie make.

But I could and I have. Just as many others here have. It's unrealistic to expect that after every post.

Do you really think 343 should respond or take that type of post into account? I don't. If you've already written it all out why drop in just to say that? Just had another run in with it? Say more or nothing at all since you've said it before.

"Man, fuck Armor Lock. I just played this game where this guy used it so much. He just camped this hallway and shook off all grenades. It really ruined the mood for me. Here's a vid:"

Even something like that would be better. Just dropping the bolded is pointless and not constructive whether you or others have said more in the past or not.

Edit: Man, I'm not even really against a few "Fuck Armor Lock"'s, its just that justifying it by saying its because you care and want 343 to see is silly to me. Try to look at it from their perspective. But, like I said previously, its just part of the cycle of the thread and the game's lifetime so I should just shut up.

kylej

Banned
Devolution said:
^5 Broham.

Seriously though you say some wicked witty shit when we play. And your love spats with Juices are always good for a chuckle.

I'm painfully mild-mannered in real life. The internet is cathartic.

Tunavi

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
DO

I COMMAND IT
played squad with Booshka. Asylum was picked. I hate that damn map. then:

jetpackers.
jetpackers everywhere.

and bloom was pissing me off, couldn't hit their heads as they rained nades from above me. rage quit.

threw my xbox out the window and broke my reach disk

Booshka

Plywood said:
Explain this it sounds hilarious.
Tunavi, myself and a friend of mine go into Squad Slayer. This game comes up.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=788598546&player=Booshka

Tunavi rage quit about half way through. Sends me this message.

Tunavi 9/7/2011
"sorry man, teamkillers, loadouts, jetpack heros, accidentally thought your friend was the teamkiller, grenades. couldn't take it."

So I send him a message calling him TunaviX.

Excuse me for sucking ass with computers, otherwise I would have put the image of the message in my post.

Tunavi

Banned
OH SHIT and i got teamkilled for the sniper. Then when I was respawning, the guy died. booskas friend picked up the sniper, I thought he was the guy who killed me, so I started griefing him with my AR. Realized 30 seconds later that it was booskas friend, not the team killer random...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ken said:
Well, it needs hats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NobodyHome/a5ae608a.png[/IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NobodyHome/bbcc0a59.png[/QUOTE]
Hire this man.

[spoiler]I want those fucking hats now, DAMMIT.[/spoiler]

Here is why I loathe Armor Lock but I came out on top.

Here is me saving booshka so he can get his running riot, and later perfection.

If someone could render those, awesome. Also I ran into something funny on naming the second one, I had to put a "4" in there because I couldn't save it as "I fight for my friends." Hmmm.

kylej said:
I'm painfully mild-mannered in real life. The internet is cathartic.

Same here although I'm so much more chill about everything else. Reach just gets under my skin because I'm a designer, and when I see some of the stuff in reach, I just think "why, what purpose does this serve?"

Booshka

Since the SR thread is totally dead I thought I would pimp this here.

A little Spectator view montage of me that a friend of mine put together (capture/edit/upload all by him). The clips are pretty average and most of these were captured from like 4 games in Public matches, but it is still pretty cool. The thing I like the most is my post-round flourish I like to do. If you can name all the things I do in my little "flourish" I will give you a cookie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5nbXZ7Qu7k&feature=player_embedded

Top Bottom