• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Gui_PT

Woorloog said:
Also, think of Spire with zero bloom...

q9H6V.gif

I'll stop now.

heckfu

Banned
So...should we go ahead and schedule a massive customs night in 7 days or whenever the gametype is released? I mean, this is what we've been waiting on (in part), after all.

senador

Banned
Wow Breakneck and PoA look so good!

Breackneck seems like a confusing name with Breakpoint in the same game. Not that I care, but yeah.

Woorloog said:
Well, at least those maps have limited sightlines unlike Hemorrhage....
Think about zero bloom modes in Hemo.

I don't want to play Hemo again unless its in the CEA Pistol only no bloom playlist.

A27 Tawpgun said:
So through that one gametype we can mess with different levels of bloom?

Either way, tis good news.

Since we can't adjust bloom, and having 85% and 0% together wouldn't jive well, I am going to guess that they'll be giving us the updated Reach game type and we'll not see 0-bloom til the beta hoppers.

This is all still so very confusing. :/

Edit: Just read that part of the update. Makes more sense now. Then we'll see the CEA Pistol mode when CEA drops. I wonder what the rest of the settings are for this playlist. Could be the best thing ever. No or limited AAs please. *prays*

Are there going to be subsections of the beta playlist? Can I just play objective if I want to?

Why in god's name is Uncaged on any of these beta hoppers? Every douchebag in the playlist will choose this every time, I can just feel it. I do have to thank 343 for not incorporating Pinnacle, aka The 2nd Worst Map in Reach.

Pics look soo hot, cannot wait. :-D

heckfu

Banned
squidhands said:
Are there going to be subsections of the beta playlist? Can I just play objective if I want to?

Why in god's name is Uncaged on any of these beta hoppers? Every douchebag in the playlist will choose this every time, I can just feel it. I do have to thank 343 for not incorporating Pinnacle, aka The 2nd Worst Map in Reach.

Pics look soo hot, cannot wait. :-D

I also noticed no Hemorrhage. Interesting.

Woorloog

Banned
Gui_PT said:
http://i.imgur.com/q9H6V.gif

I'll stop now.
Another map where zero bloom would be horror...
Paradiso? Highlands, Breakpoint, maybe Tempest as well?

EDIT Pinnacle is bad remake right? Is it possible to make a good Ascension remake in Reach? Has one been done?

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:

The options are not exposed to the player, they are baked into the game type. It will probably be something like, 85% DMR Bloom, Damage Bleed and Nerfed Armor Lock Slayer.

Might have to compress the name a bit.

I loved the aesthetic of the human structures in Halo 2. I was really disappointed not only with being kept out of the city in Halo 3 but also with the new human aesthetic style. The new style felt out of place with the cool Halo 2 look. I really loved ODST because it allowed for me to explore that city and style that I originally enjoyed in Halo 2. I was hoping that ODST would include some segments from Halo 2 so as to provide some context for placement of things, unfortunately it did not. I am happy to see uplift reserve in the background of headlong because it connects the singleplayer to the multiplayer, much like the bridge in the background of turf. I think it would be very cool one day to have a map of new mombassa so we can see how all of the areas in Halo 2, 3, ODST and now Reach MP connect to each other.

Gui_PT

Plywood said:
You deserve an award.

lol, actually stole that from this thread

Woorloog said:
Another map where zero bloom would be horror...
Paradiso? Highlands, Breakpoint, maybe Tempest as well?
EDIT Pinnacle is bad remake right? Is it possible to make a good Ascension remake in Reach? Has one been done?

Please, don't test me, I have many more gifs

BTW, does that Broll video have reduced bloom? Looks like it, and it looks great

Edit: Just noticed BrosefStalin in the video :lol

feel

A27 Tawpgun said:

Could be better. Better Reach is cool but I'm desperate to try zero bloom AAless fast
gameplay

edit- it's not that bad, Oct 4 with the classic stuff and matchmaking support will be here in no time :)

senador

Banned
Gui_PT said:
BTW, does that Broll video have reduced bloom? Looks like it, and it looks great

I am seeing zero bloom in it and it looks so good. The DMR can only fire so fast so it seems there is no problem. Wow I want to try it.

Edit: Then the pistol was fired and it had some bloom. Hmm, curious. Either different modes mixed together or the pistol has some bloom while the DMR does not in this game type.

This vid looks so good. Burning ash falling from wreckage, embers floating around, the man cannon is a crashed engine. Certain Affinity rocks at making maps look great. I hope 343 continues working with them.

ElRenoRaven

WOW. Catching up and FFS bloom argument again? Guess it's been awhile. And dear god Bulletin early and pictures too. God I love BSAngel. That is just an awesome Wednesday morning surprise.

Woorloog

Banned
Awesome Barlow said:
I know it won't happen but a civilian warthog as a forge object would rock.
Modified vehicles might exists as Forge Objects. Transport Hornet in Avalanche remember?
Maybe there's a Warthog without the turret.

senador said:
Edit: Then the pistol was fired and it had some bloom. Hmm, curious. Either different modes mixed together or the pistol has some bloom while the DMR does not in this game type.
The footage was pieced togheter. Slayer and Zero Bloom Slayer.

Ramirez

Not to be a downer, but the only Reach I enjoyed at Halofest was zero bloom slayer, and the 3SK Pistol. The anniversary gametypes (which I think were the 3SK Pistol ones) still had bloom on all of the weapons and honestly didn't feel that different to me from regular Reach.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
senador said:
I am seeing zero bloom in it and it looks so good. The DMR can only fire so fast so it seems there is no problem. Wow I want to try it.

There are a variety of modes in that video. It was thrown together as (say it with me now) B-Roll and isn't really intended to be put out as a standalone video. Notice the lack of music and the hard cuts without audio adjustments. I guess next time I might as well add my own music and tweak that stuff since everyone throws it up ASAP with minimal post-production.

I suppose the important thing is you guys like the footage.

senador

Banned
lybertyboy said:
There are a variety of modes in that video. It was thrown together as (say it with me now) B-Roll and isn't really intended to be put out as a standalone video. Notice the lack of music and the hard cuts without audio adjustments. I guess next time I might as well add my own music and tweak that stuff since everyone throws it up ASAP with minimal post-production.

I suppose the important thing is you guys like the footage.

Cool, thanks man. I understood it was B-Roll (as it is title), but still trying to pick it apart regardless. ;)

Yeah I definitely like the footage. I think I like it better than post-production work! No music and less hard cuts let me really see the map and hear it too.

Man, that zero bloom looks so nice. I really hope that mode is widely accepted.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Woorloog said:
Wait, Breakneck has also classic variant under name Headlong, no? Aren't all Anniversary maps supposed to have two variants?

I don't understand the question. Yes there are two map variants for Headlong.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
lybertyboy said:
I guess next time I might as well add my own music and tweak that stuff since everyone throws it up ASAP with minimal post-production.

Nah dude, that kind of footage is really appreciated. It shows off the map in a much more raw and honest fashion than regular clips.

Any chance you guys could release some sexy concept art for the maps in the run up to release? Would love to see it.

Woorloog

Banned
lybertyboy said:
I don't understand the question. Yes there are two map variants for Headlong.
Err, i need to re-write it. Though you just answered it. I assume Headlong has teleporters instead Breakneck's mancannon?

Woorloog said:
Modified vehicles might exists as Forge Objects. Transport Hornet in Avalanche remember?
Maybe there's a Warthog without the turret.

Yeah I remember I was just saying that while they could do that and it would be cool, it is doubtful that they actually did.

Woorloog

Banned
Farooq said:
I don't care how it affects BTB. That shit was fucking amazing.
I doesn't affect BTB negatively if the maps were good. Tell me, how many good BTB maps Reach has ATM?
And with CEA?
Currently, none. (Tempest is too cramped for 8v8, Highlands needs serious tweaking)
With CEA, 2. 2 is a bit small number for BTB... Though i'd rather play on two good maps than in 5 shitty ones.

lybertyboy said:
Technically that map takes place during the Halo 2/Halo 3: ODST era so there wouldn't be a monument to the Chief there.

Also, now you guys know about the idea of mine that Frank posted about last week. We'll have that custom gametype ready to go in the HaloWaypoint fileshare shortly after the TU hits. Hopefully it'll help the wait till the beta hoppers hit pass swiftly.
92.gif

wwm0nkey

Yeah for Zero Bloom pistol needs to be the starter and DMR a pick up.

the destroyer of worlds should only get 1 placement on the maps.

Farooq

Banned
Tunavi said:
For zero bloom and because of the scope ranges - Pistol starts > DMR starts

CE pistol or regular Reach pistol?

I was under the impression CE pistol gametypes likely won't include the DMR.

Woorloog

Banned
Farooq said:
CE pistol or regular Reach pistol?

I was under the impression CE pistol gametypes likely won't include the DMR.
Regular for zero bloom. IMO.
Classic gametypes probably won't include DMR.. Though i don't see why a mode couldn't have CE magnum and DMR. DMR has long range but low ROF and it's 5 shot kill instead of 3sk.

BigShow36 said:
The pistol has too shallow of a clip to be a primary starting weapon.
Shoot carefully. And of course people have AR as well. Not that there's any point in using it with CE magnum or zero bloom magnum/DMR...

Woorloog

Banned
reggie said:
Why did they move the flag on Headlong? Do they just change shit for the sake of changing shit?
Breakneck. Not Headlong. Other differences as well, most likely. There was a plasma rifle where the rocket launcher used to be. And mancannon instead of teleporter.

Top Bottom