• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Gui_PT

Could you guys not post campaign images here?

Not because of me, but some people don't want to see anything campaign related before they actually play the game.

Homeboyd

2817475-gallery.png

Where on the map is this?!

Woorloog

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
From the sounds of it the Beta Hoppers are going to have the 85% bloom setting.
Yeah... I'd love to see 50% and 75% setting to see if 85% is really sweet spot. I don't take 343i's word here.

BTW, do we have voting enable on beta hopper? I really, really hope not, because if it is enabled, it's going to be Slayer*5, Objetive, Slayer*5 etc...

Gui_PT

Homeboyd said:
http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/05884c4a63f84c319a28e72bea2b9ecd/2817475-gallery.png

Where on the map is this?!

It's on the building right next to where the Hogs are parked. Or so it seems.

Used to have a couple of those propane tanks you could shoot and would fly off.

Woorloog said:
Yeah... I'd love to see 50% and 75% setting to see if 85% is really sweet spot. I don't take 343i's word here.

BTW, do we have voting enable on beta hopper? I really, really hope not, because if it is enabled, it's going to be Slayer*5, Objetive, Slayer*5 etc...

There will be a zero bloom gametype with DMR starts.

Woorloog

Banned
Holy shite... i just had a Fridge Brilliance moment (TV trope readers understand).
Look at Headlong. Look at Breakneck. Different map, different location. But they have same layout.
Now think of ODST. The city has similar section repeated multiple times.
New Mombasa city planning is... efficient?

Tha Robbertster said:
There will be a zero bloom gametype with DMR starts.
Zero bloom is easy to picture. 50% and 75% would be better comparison for 85%.
Maybe we'll get those as gametypes that can be downloaded for customs...

Hypertrooper said:
Jess said:
Despite the fact that numerous buildings have been partially destroyed—with some even housing flaming ship segments—one monument remains standing, tall and defiant. I guess you could even say to the end.
A monument for the Chief?
Jess said:
Shortly after the Title Update releases on September 21st, you will be able to download, share and play this gametype in custom games, taking advantage of the variety of options offered in the Title Update.
Hot stuff.

Woorloog said:
Holy shite... i just had a Fridge Brilliance moment (TV trope readers understand).
Look at Headlong. Look at Breakneck. Different map, different location. But they have same layout.
Now think of ODST. The city has similar section repeated multiple times.
New Mombasa city planning is... efficient?

Zero bloom is easy to picture. 50% and 75% would be better comparison for 85%.
Maybe we'll get those as gametypes that can be downloaded for customs...

aah, in that way. I thought you were saying there would only be 85% bloom. My bad.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Dax01 said:
A monument for the Chief?

Technically that map takes place during the Halo 2/Halo 3: ODST era so there wouldn't be a monument to the Chief there.

Also, now you guys know about the idea of mine that Frank posted about last week. We'll have that custom gametype ready to go in the HaloWaypoint fileshare shortly after the TU hits. Hopefully it'll help the wait till the beta hoppers hit pass swiftly.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
lybertyboy said:
Technically that map takes place during the Halo 2/Halo 3: ODST era so there wouldn't be a monument to the Chief there.

Also, now you guys know about the idea of mine that Frank posted about last week. We'll have that custom gametype ready to go in the HaloWaypoint fileshare shortly after the TU hits. Hopefully it'll help the wait till the beta hoppers hit pass swiftly.
You're a great person. Just thought you should know that.

Woorloog

Banned
lybertyboy said:
I have to ask, are this, Breakneck, and Headlong (Halo 2) canonically the same place or different, as i conjectured earlier?

lybertyboy said:
Guess I should've thought through that a little more!

It's probably a monument to the Gravemind. You know, a monument in a monument.

feel

FFS bombs are dropping and I'm in the middle of fucking nowhere with nothing but EDGE on my phone and takes ages to load every little thing. I need to head back towards civilization ASAP!

fuck that 85% bloom shit!! Gimme proper zero bloom on Classic in the beta!! Or is 85% for the beta of NeoReach? That could work.

Ramirez

orznge said:
it makes you wonder how the TU ever came about with people like you considering you're like a caricature of the perfect consumer designed to lap up "developer intent" that is completely metaphysical with no regard for how the mechanical parts of the game actually function

citizenkane.gif

Curse 343i for dangling that pistol like a carrot to pump up CEA sales!
genius ;P

I don't think you guys will have any trouble finding players for HaloGaf Customs next week lol

lybertyboy said:

sweeeeeeeeeet, this is so good
thank you, really <3

CyReN

Dumb question:

If someone gets in on the beta hopper on September 21st and saves the gametype for less bloom, can someone not in it play it in customs?

Gui_PT

Dax01 said:
Unless I've been mistaken this entire time, it's 85% bloom reduction, which 15% will survive, and 85% will die.

Sorry if that's the case

My brain is just convinced it read that 15% bloom reduction makes a huge difference somewhere so I thought that was the case.

Gui_PT said:
Could you guys not post campaign images here?

Not because of me, but some people don't want to see anything campaign related before they actually play the game.
This, please ;)
lybertyboy said:
:lol so I was actually right, thanks!

Homeboyd

Gui_PT said:
Yay my brain read something right!

But not I want 85% of bloom taken away =(
That's how I read it too.

So we'll have (avail from Oct 4) the following:

0% bloom
85% bloom
100% bloom

Correct?

Woorloog

Banned
Homeboyd said:
That's how I read it too.

So we'll have (avail from Oct 4) the following:

0% bloom
85% bloom
100% bloom

Correct?
100% in vanilla lists, 0% and 85% in beta hopper.
If i understood right.
BTW, need BTB beta hopper.

Gui_PT said:
Yay my brain read something right!

But not I want 85% of bloom taken away =(
The DMR plays diffierently than with 100% bloom. Much better than now. Yeah still bloom is left, but my shots still reached the dude I killed.

Otherwise Zero Bloom CTF on Timberland and Headlong will be epic.

Woorloog

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
The DMR plays diffierently than with 100% bloom. Much better than now. Yeah still bloom is left, but my shots still reached the dude I killed.

Otherwise Zero Bloom CTF on Timberland and Headlong will be epic.
Well, at least those maps have limited sightlines unlike Hemorrhage....
Think about zero bloom modes in Hemo.

Tawpgun

Will we get access to the no bloom/ 85 bloom gametypes via timeshare before the 4th?

Edit: keeping in lulzy phone autocorrect. *fileshare

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
A27 Tawpgun said:
Will we get access to the no bloom/ 85 bloom gametypes via timeshare before the 4th?

We're going to upload one gametype that will allow you to sample a variety of TU changes in custom games before October 4th.

Woorloog

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Yup. It's already bad enough (in two ways... people can actually shoot from the other side of the map and hitting from that distance is hellish due bloom).

Zero Bloom modes need to be limited to maps where sightlines are limited somewhat.

Also, think of Spire with zero bloom...

Tawpgun

lybertyboy said:
We're going to upload one gametype that will allow you to sample a variety of TU changes in custom games before October 4th.
So through that one gametype we can mess with different levels of bloom?

Either way, tis good news.

Top Bottom