• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

feel

ncsuDuncan said:
You'd rather they create a third look for Keyes? I kind of like how this one makes the transition from Reach to CEA seem more natural.

Besides, you can always hit the Back button.

I can't wait to hear some of my favorite Keyes lines again. <3 Pete Stacker.
Why would it be a third? Just something clean and modern that resembles the original keyes. Like the AR, the elites, the grunts or pretty much everything that changed looks in the sequels and is getting the original look back. But I don't care much, was just pointing it out.

laughed at your religious lady dialogue :lol

aDDiKt24

Banned
Booshka said:
I don't refute it, I just would rather the focus be on infantry vs infantry combat. Going by the numbers and the playlist selection, that is what the majority of the community wants the focus to be on as well. MLG, Squad Slayer, Team Snipers, SWAT and Arena are just a subset of Team Slayer. The majority of Halo players care more about infantry combat, and would rather play that. So, I would rather worry about balancing and perfecting that aspect, then worrying about vehicles.

I agree. I think that is the most important thing to get right. Shortly after it needs to be vehicles. It doesn't take a genius too long to realize little things about vehicles in Halo Reach that could easily be tweaked. Honestly, spend a week playing Big Team every night or every time you play Reach. You will come to the same conclusions as I have in a very short space of time. Bungie dropped the ball with the multiplayer component in Reach.

aDDiKt24 said:
Obviously not MLG PROS like you. Hows your dad/mum feel about your career prospects?

Haha you need to stick around and get some perspective on people. Reading Kyle's posts in a given way tells us (or at least me) who takes themselves way too seriously.

Merguson said:
Those who love to kill, please go play Call of Duty.

Those who love vehicles, please go play Battlefield.

Those who love zombies, please go play Left 4 Dead.

Those who love armor lock, please stay in Halo: Reach.

Everyone happy? Good? Awesome.

But I want to kill people in Halo ;_;. I miss it.

Louis Wu

aDDiKt24 said:
How many of those player love MLG more then Vehicle Combat? I think we all know.
aDDiKt24 said:
We all know why people head to the Zombie playlist.
I think what you know, and what I know... they are different things.

I don't think I could answer either of your questions to your satisfaction. (I don't think you could answer them to mine, either.)

This is an idiotic discussion; you like what you like, other people like what they like. Bungie (and 343 after them) does what can be done to please as many people as possible, while simultaneously not pissing off too many others.

I WILL hazard a guess that their information is better than yours, though.

By the way, you can prefer the MLG style playlists without being a tourney player. I even disagree with some of the stuff they do. But they do more edits in the right direction, at least in my opinion.

Merguson said:
Those who love to kill, please go play Call of Duty.

Those who love vehicles, please go play Battlefield.

Those who love zombies, please go play Left 4 Dead.

Those who love armor lock, please stay in Halo: Reach.

Everyone happy? Good? Awesome.
What about people who like Halo?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Catching up, and just read Squid's story. Holy crap, that's amazing. And the responses are gold. :-D

Vehicles are awesome, haters be damned. I generally prefer small 4v4 maps, but vehicle combat is a huge and hilarious part of Halo.

Merguson

Banned
Devolution said:
Haha you need to stick around and get some perspective on people. Reading Kyle's posts in a given way tells us (or at least me) who takes themselves way too seriously.

But I want to kill people in Halo ;_;. I miss it.

Awesome Barlow said:
What about people who like Halo?

Dealwithit.gif

thezerofire said:
to pretend that vehicles is the main focus of Halo is also bullshit

C'mon guys, the main focus of Halo is those 30 seconds of fun.

Er.. make it a minute.. this guy is armor locking on me...

Tawpgun

thezerofire said:
to pretend that vehicles are the main focus of Halo is also bullshit
To pretend vehicles aren't integral to BTB gameplay is bullshit as well.

4 v 4... meh, 1 hog will do on a big enough map. But 6 v 6 and up... vehicles <3

One of the things that made the original so unique, how perfectly the vehicles and infantry interplayed.

Merguson said:
C'mon guys, the main focus of Halo is those 30 seconds of fun.

Er.. make it a minute.. this guy is armor locking on me...

Can I ask everyone something that's mostly rhetorical, did you ever hear anyone say "Man Halo is good but it'd be great if it played slower?"

A27 Tawpgun said:

4 v 4... meh, 1 hog will do on a big enough map. But 6 v 6 and up... vehicles <3

One of the things that made the original so unique, how perfectly the vehicles and infantry interplayed.
I'm not disagreeing with you there. Vehicles are important, and they're part of what makes Halo Halo, but to say that they're the main thing about the whole game is bull imo

reggie said:
Please point out to me where I used the word "main".
That was more directed at addikt actually

aDDiKt24

Banned
Louis Wu said:
I think what you know, and what I know... they are different things.

I don't think I could answer either of your questions to your satisfaction. (I don't think you could answer them to mine, either.)

This is an idiotic discussion; you like what you like, other people like what they like. Bungie (and 343 after them) does what can be done to please as many people as possible, while simultaneously not pissing off too many others.

I WILL hazard a guess that their information is better than yours, though.

I think if your statement was correct about Bungie then multiplayer would have been play tested alot better. Also if Bungie were trying to please as many people as possible they would have had a TU for about 3 months after Reachs launch. They didn't and they still havn't. They passed the baton to a team alot more capable because Bungie didn't give a fuck once that game was out the door. They completed what they needed to do for MS and that was that.

I have faith in 343i, Frankie knows his shit. He knows Halo 2 multiplayer was the best. I come in here to complain about vehicles so some people (hopefully) from 343i will see what their community are saying about it. If you could see the raw data you would know the same. Still, if I was looking for an honest response why would I come to you? Your heads too far up most of those guys asses anyway.

kylej

Banned
Devolution said:

That dude's another 15 year old who rages against MLG because the world to him is black and white. "aDDiKt24", I got news for you bro, I probably played more BTB in Halo 3 than any other playlist. I also absolutely love MLG. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

A27 Tawpgun said:

They're not integral. All I remember about H3 BTB was BRing people's dongs off.

kylej said:
That dude's another 15 year old who rages against MLG because the world to him is black and white. "aDDiKt24", I got news for you bro, I probably played more BTB in Halo 3 than any other playlist. I also absolutely love MLG. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

PROTIP: H3 BTB was a great way to practice your BR shot

aDDiKt24

Banned
Kylej, you couldn't be further from the truth. I have enjoyed a few games of MLG, especially the objective gametypes. However, it's not my go to playlist. I love my BTB and vehicles are essential and deserve to be balanced accordingly.

Booshka

aDDiKt24 said:
I agree. I think that is the most important thing to get right. Shortly after it needs to be maps.
Fixed, and this is a much bigger problem than the issues with vehicles. We need better maps to slay people on. I have also played plenty of BTB, and like Juices, but for Reach, I just DMR people all day.

Tawpgun

kylej said:

I remember BRing people's dongs off while fighting toward the flag on the ground.

I also remember BRing/sniping people out of vehicles.

I also remember driving a hog baseraping while my team got the flag.

I remember Hornet pickups on avalanche.

I remember the rush for the neutral flag on Waterworks.

I remember infinite sudden death on headlong.

I remember fighting for that relic teleporter.

I remember fighting to open gates.

I remember holding the hill in Valhalla.

I remember good BTB....

I should be a poet or something

aDDiKt24

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
I remember BRing people's dongs off while fighting toward the flag on the ground.

I remember good BTB....

You are the truth! Thanks for the good memories that just went through my mind.

I miss the push and pull of BTB. Even with a lame team in previous games you could manage to get flags, arm bombs, and push up. Now it's just turtling, pinging people from hilarious distances, and long range stand offs. BTB in Reach sucks.

Good Morning, GAF!

Is anyone on, I would like to get a few games in this morning if possible.

Secondly, I am having a Contest for naming the tricking website that goatrope and I are making. I announced it a few days ago and got some e-mails but now Wu was kind enough to set something up on HBO so if you feel like you can come up with a good name for the site you could win a Grunt Plushie!

Enter Here

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
reggie said:
I never said it's the only one one. I was merely pointing out how ridiculous it is to say "who cares about vehicles?" about a game that has always had a big vehicle focus.

And that justifies MLG? The vehicles in Halo 2 and 3 didn't have problems.

Nice sarcasm. How's that pro career going? Been bringing in the big cash?
Lololol yesssssssssssssss. There it is.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:

I remember good BTB....

<3

ncsuDuncan said:
Lady: "I like your shirt! What church is it from?"

Squidhands: "Church? Your prophets have promised you freedom from a doomed existence, but you will find no salvation on this ring."

Lady: "I... what? Listen, I don't think you understand what-"

Squidhands: "There is much talk... and I have listened through rock and metal and time... Now I shall talk and you shall listen... "

Lady: (backing away slowly) "Just... Just forget it."

Squidhands: "I am a monument to all your sins."
This is gold, Jerry!

tU2JM.jpg

PooBone

ncsuDuncan said:
Lady: "I like your shirt! What church is it from?"

Squidhands: "Church? Your prophets have promised you freedom from a doomed existence, but you will find no salvation on this ring."

Lady: "I... what? Listen, I don't think you understand what-"

Squidhands: "There is much talk... and I have listened through rock and metal and time... Now I shall talk and you shall listen... "

Lady: (backing away slowly) "Just... Just forget it."

Squidhands: "I am a monument to all your sins."
I love it.

*rings doorbell*

"Hello! I'm going door-to-door spreading the news of the good book! (Cryptum)

Have you accepted Mike Dongblain as your host and party leader?"

So, just feel like sharing im loving the look of headlong. Any new footage other than the B-roll Ign posted?

wwm0nkey said:
Apparently the modding community is doing a lot more experiments in Halo: Reach

Someone made a infection game mode where the infected are forced to go elite and someone made this

h12.jpg

Thats seriously awesome. Man, so many missed opportunities with custom armor in Reach.

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:
Have you seen them in person? Extremely tempting.
This is the assembled limited edition Warthog given out at HaloFest.

IMG_5957-1.jpg

It's pretty awesome. The wheels even have independent suspension so it can roll over chunky carpet easily.

orznge

Banned
aDDiKt24 said:
Im not talking playlist numbers. We all know why people head to the Zombie playlist. It is well known what Halo is known for. For you guys to refute that just means you cant see past your insular "niche" on any halo multiplayer.

Actually the market has spoken and consumers want to play zombies so how about you pack up your "the Halo flavor is about vehicles and big battles!!!" nonsense and go to another game.

It's you who's stuck in the insular niche of "people who didn't realize big battles and vehicles aren't nearly as large of a demographic as zombies in this day and age".

GhaleonEB said:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/ghaleoneb/IMG_5957-1.jpg[IMG]

It's pretty awesome. The wheels even have independent suspension so it can roll over chunky carpet easily.[/QUOTE]

I found it odd that the packaging only said "Limited CE Warthog" or something like that. Nowhere did it mention that it's a Halo PC Rocket Hog.

My friend thought it was supposed to be a Chaingun hog with a weird barrel and paint job.

For reference:
[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2vajh29.jpg

GhaleonEB said:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/ghaleoneb/IMG_5957-1.jpg[IMG]

It's pretty awesome. The wheels even have independent suspension so it can roll over chunky carpet easily.[/QUOTE]Pretty slick. I've seen some stuff assembled under a glass case in Target and it looked great. If I didn't have so many toys already...

GhaleonEB said:

IMG_5957-1.jpg

It's pretty awesome. The wheels even have independent suspension so it can roll over chunky carpet easily.

THAT. IS. AWESOME.

ElRenoRaven

It's always so fun to see people bicker over what Halo is. Just shows you how damn well Bungie and now 343 are managing to make everyone happier then those people think they are.

The beauty of Halo is that both are right. One reason I love it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Booshka said:
Kylejuices

juicesk

Edit: Tashi, hit em' with the GB Point Check.
Ahh damn, I should have.

Speaking of GB my team has to get back on the horse. I hadn't played for like 4 or 5 days so yesterday with the team we were all out of sync. It's also tough trying to learn to play Pit again, expect it's a little different this time. It plays well but it's not the original. I've yet to play a game on Oasis but I believe it's a pro bracket map so I'm not too worried. Gotta be amazing at Countdown, Zealot and Sanctuary first. I'm having a lot of fun.

Top Bottom