• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

This guy kept the whole match camping our spawns and destroying us with banshee's stupidly overpowered bomb, I didn't quit to keep my halo honor intact but dude, that was not funny.
I just wanted to have a good time playing invasion but there are so many things wrong with it!

P.S:lol wut

Ramirez

Hmm, not really relevant to the discussion at hand, but I've been watching GoW3 videos today and I was amazed that Epic actually took feedback and made changes with it. They completely redesigned two of the maps from the beta, like added paths that weren't there originally, surely had to be a lot of work.

Then I look at Powerhouse, Swordbase, and Boneyard, all unchanged from the Reach Beta, even though they were known to have numerous problems. Can't even get a simple weapon pallet swap on SB to alleviate the lift camping, lol.

But hey the nerfed the pistol, because EVERYONE was asking for that, right?

Gui_PT

Gabotron ES said:
This guy kept the whole match camping our spawns and destroying us with banshee's stupidly overpowered bomb, I didn't quit to keep my halo honor intact but dude, that was not funny.
I just wanted to have a good time playing invasion but there are so many things wrong with it!

P.S:lol wut

How does your butthole feel though?

orznge

Banned
Ramirez said:
Hmm, not really relevant to the discussion at hand, but I've been watching GoW3 videos today and I was amazed that Epic actually took feedback and made changes with it. They completely redesigned two of the maps from the beta, like added paths that weren't there originally, surely had to be a lot of work.

Then I look at Powerhouse, Swordbase, and Boneyard, all unchanged from the Reach Beta, even though they were known to have numerous problems. Can't even get a simple weapon pallet swap on SB to alleviate the lift camping, lol.

yeah thankfully 343 seems very receptive to feedback and understands elements of the game's design as opposed to being unfathomably thick so I guess that's a new feature for the Halo series haha

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:

Love, Bungie.

PS: All my Halo nerds please buy Renegade Ops. This game is absolutely ridiculous. Has 4 player online coop. I want to play it tonight.

watch this ish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tjrgEemTA4 $15 y'all. be there

FyreWulff

Awesome Barlow said:
Thought today was the last day for me to renew my bungie pro. Yesterday was. No more nameplate for me. :(

Yeah, the gate closed earlier than I thought it would too. And I just had sorted things out so that I could pro up like 10 gamertags.

FyreWulff said:
Yeah, the gate closed earlier than I thought it would too. And I just had sorted things out so that I could pro up like 10 gamertags.
Ugh, it's a shame. Perhaps they will give everyone the nameplate now...

I really wanted to renew today.

Gui_PT said:
How does your butthole feel though?
Not good bro, not good :(
The whole halo community seems to be full of jerks, people used to play to have a good time but sometimes it's just impossible
Snipers on Paradiso
, no way man.
Can't wait to experience the TU myself, it will be like playing the game it should have been.

lybertyboy said:
It sure is a lovely day for Halo right?

QDJFR-YCP9G-HDFVQ-749J7-7KT4Z
Sweet. Damn too late xD

Ramirez said:

All I've seen so far has been the change to Trenches, but what a difference it makes (weird hearing Marcus in French, lol). To be fair, I actually like Powerhouse and think it's the strongest on-disc map, but Sword Base needed to go back to the drawing board after the beta, or scrapped all together. The very least that should have been done was delete the wall to the gold lift room. Something as simple as that would have helped immensely.

edit: dammit, that code went fast. :-(

Gui_PT

Gabotron ES said:
Not good bro, not good :(
The whole halo community seems to be full of jerks, people used to play to have a good time but sometimes it's just impossible
Snipers on Paradiso
, no way man.
Can't wait to experience the TU myself, it will be like playing the game it should have been.

I know the feel bro.

BTW, you people are the scum of the earth. I redeemed that code 5 seconds after he posted it and it was gone already :lol :lol

Ramirez

squidhands said:
All I've seen so far has been the change to Trenches, but what a difference it makes (weird hearing Marcus in French, lol). To be fair, I actually like Powerhouse and think it's the strongest on-disc map, but Sword Base needed to go back to the drawing board after the beta, or scrapped all together. The very least that should have been done was delete the wall to the gold lift room. Something as simple as that would have helped immensely.

edit: dammit, that code went fast. :-(

Powerhouse was the least problematic, but when you design a one sided base map, and then end up putting the objective on a random building on the map, you know it has issues.

stephen08

Louis Wu said:
I can beat that, from last night:

ohguests.png

Got you beat. From a week ago.

Iwin.jpg

This was on a day where one of the challenges was for wins too. : /

Ramirez said:
Powerhouse was the least problematic, but when you design a one sided base map, and then end up putting the objective on a random building on the map, you know it has issues.
Agreed. One Flag placement in the beta was fine, it was the weapons that needed to be moved around. If the Rocket launcher was in a more neutral spot, say on the bridge, defenders would have a much harder time camping the flag room.

Gui_PT said:
These kids are so fast they make me feel old. Is this how you've been feeling this whole time?
Yes. I even had the 'redeem code' section opened in another tab. :-\

Gui_PT

senador said:
Either lurkers or Ellis is posting dirty codes. :lol

FyreWulff said:
Was about to say this. Code redemption is botted to hell and back these days.

Yeah he should totally PM me a code just to see what the hell's going on
<.<
>.>

Anyway, ya'll bromangos got skype? My previous account was made especially for the internship so I just had to make a new one and I have nobody there. Anyone want to add me? It's not like you have to talk to me or anything, just say "You mang, get on Reach so we can dong" or something.

Sai-kun

Banned
Gui_PT said:
Anyway, ya'll bromangos got skype? My previous account was made especially for the internship so I just had to make a new one and I have nobody there. Anyone want to add me? It's not like you have to talk to me or anything, just say "You mang, get on Reach so we can dong" or something.

i'm literally online 24/7. technicolor.sai is my username. feel free to add me (this goes for anyone here), just make sure you mention that you're from GAF and what your username is. (i ain't accepting no random requests)

Hemorrhage needs to be removed and replaced with a proper Coagulation remake, preferably this. Coagulation bases design is superior and the absence of tanks is more than welcomed.

You can watch some gameplay here, so good. Obviously this will never happen as it will be way too difficult for casuals to learn the new map layout...*sigh*

Random question: how many of your 1 Flag CTF matches on Hemorrhage have ended in a no caps tie? for me about 92%, I'm sure 343 can look at their ginormous amounts of data and feedback to notice this. Sure it's funnier to sit back at your base destroying people with your sniper but c'mon!

Gabotron ES said:
Hemorrhage needs to be removed and replaced with a proper Coagulation remake, preferably this. Coagulation bases design is superior and the absence of tanks is more than welcomed.

You can watch some gameplay here, so good. Obviously this will never happen as it will be way too difficult for casuals to learn the new map layout...*sigh*

Random question: how many of your 1 Flag CTF matches on Hemorrhage have ended in a no caps tie? for me about 92%, I'm sure 343 can look at their ginormous amounts of data and feedback to notice this. Sure it's funnier to sit back at your base destroying people with your sniper but c'mon!

Why the hell is one flag even on Hemo?

Gabotron ES said:

I wish the Coag bases had been the default on the disc, it would have been much easier to forge a Blood Gulch variant out of that than the other way around.

Blood Gulch is fine for 4v4, but Coag works so much better for 8v8.

As much as I like that video you posted though, I almost feel like a better Blood Gulch successor could be built if you don't try to make it just like Coag. The fixed teleporter exits are great but the ramp made of rocks out front just kills it for me.

Awesome Barlow said:
Is MM down for anyone else?
Edit: MM lives.

I like your codes Hyper.
But they aren't Cortana codes! You don't want them :( I know it. You will say fu'' you hyper. I know that.

Code will be posted somehow between 9pm-12am GMT/1pm-3pm PST. If not, tomorrow between 5am-1pm GMT/9pm-4am PST

Gabotron ES said:
It appears a lot in BTB and people always vote for it.

I know, but Hemo is the most basic design of a two base BTB map built specifically for symetrical objective games. It should not have assymetrical objective gametypes on it.

Steelyuhas said:
I know, but Hemo is the most basic design of a two base BTB map built specifically for symetrical objective games. It should have assymetrical objective gametypes on it.
Multi Flag matches aren't very different, when you are carrying the flag you move so slow it is almost impossible to made it to the middle of the map. Increasing carrier movement speed just like they did for Assault should improve the overall experience.
Speaking of One Flag CTF, I was just reminded of how good Boardwalk plays with the flag spawning inside the sniper building, much better than it's current spawn which is just plain awful.

Top Bottom