• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tha Robbertster said:
What is this trueskill you're talking about :lol

But really, the only playlist trueskill works a bit is in Arena, it's the only playlist I actually get some competition in. The other playlist is either dominating or being dominated.
Same, even in Arena, close matches seem rare these days.

I don't get it Halo3's wasn't perfect but it seemed a lot closer, Reach just seems to be Steak or be Steaked.

so unrelated to halo, I was woken up at 2 in the morning last night by an earthquake that happened only about 4 miles from where I live. Pretty small, but still.

And halo related, I should have my xbox all set up sometime today so I can play again.

Retro

squidhands said:
Anyway, I'm wearing Letters' fine HaloGAF shirt with the BELI343 on the back, and as I'm leaving said coffee shop, a woman stops me and kindly asks me what church my shirt is from. Let me re-iterate: she asks me, based on the BELI343 on the back, what fucking church it's from. Shit like this is why I'm often ashamed to admit I'm from Texas.

"Halo there, I'm from the Seventh Column Covenant, devout followers of Mercy, Truth and Regret. I just got back from a mission in New Mombasa."

squidhands said:
So all of HaloGAF is going to hell, just wanted to let you know.

Then there will be plenty of company and there's no lag at a LAN party. See you all there. $10 says the Devil is a sword-whore, that seems right up his alley.

Letters said:
lololol squid

Missed opportunity to respond with: "Greetings friend! Have you heard the good news about Frankie?" (then you would show her the Frankie picture we all carry around in our wallets)
Where's Gui pic with Wolverine?

Louis Wu

king picollo said:
Same, even in Arena, close matches seem rare these days.

I don't get it Halo3's wasn't perfect but it seemed a lot closer, Reach just seems to be Steak or be Steaked.
The one I posted was close - 75-67. (It was not close because the two teams were full of players that were evenly matched, though - it was close because there were a nearly equal number of overmatched and undermatched pairs. :) )

feel

Oh they went with Reach's completely different looking Captain Keyes for CEA. It makes sense that they had to but I'm still disapointed.

Other than that and the lack of shadows (weird since CE had good ones), CEA looks fantastic in those new PoA pics, checking them out only now.

Letters said:
Oh they went with Reach's completely different looking Captain Keyes for CEA. It makes sense that they had to but I'm still disapointed.

Other than that and the lack of shadows (weird since CE had good ones), CEA looks fantastic in those new PoA pics, checking them out only now.

You'd rather they create a third look for Keyes? I kind of like how this one makes the transition from Reach to CEA seem more natural.

Besides, you can always hit the Back button.

I can't wait to hear some of my favorite Keyes lines again. <3 Pete Stacker.

Karl2177

I'm impressed with the amount of lines halogaf came up with to respond to the religious lady.

If I was on my computer, I could link to even better games than those 2. If only I could do such things from my iPhone...

aDDiKt24

Banned
Seriously if Banshee bomb is not removed from Halo Reach after 343i does its thing then I lose hope in the Halo franchise.

Remove the Banshee Bomb or remove the banshee all together. I feel the banshee definately has a place in multiplayer but not the way it is at the moment. Remove the bomb and make dodging and barrel rolling have an effect on the boost gauge.

Bungee seriously sat on a toilet then shat out whatever they could from their own bowels and put it into code and Reach was born from that.

At this point in time I have lots of faith in 343i.

reggie said:
The Banshee needs to be removed from matchmaking. If 343 are going to ignore fixing it then they simply need to remove it. No fucking around, stop ignoring the issue and do something about it NOW. It is too overpowered. And don't just take my word for it, ask everyone, look at the data, everything. All signs point to it being severely unbalanced, yet 343 completely ignores this issue. Of course in the new TU they've fixed weak things like blocking the sword with melee (who fucking cares about the sword?), but glaring problems like the banshee and revenant sniper get completely ignored. FUCK.

Who cares about vehicles?

kylej

Banned
thee henery said:
What's up, this is Kylej (Kylej)

But you may know me as Jelyk (Jelyk)

I'm part of the Halogaf team Gym Tan Dong and I have the tips that'll have you cleansing like a pro

tom_taylor.jpg

wwm0nkey

reggie said:
The Banshee needs to be removed from matchmaking. If 343 are going to ignore fixing it then they simply need to remove it. No fucking around, stop ignoring the issue and do something about it NOW. It is too overpowered. And don't just take my word for it, ask everyone, look at the data, everything. All signs point to it being severely unbalanced, yet 343 completely ignores this issue. Of course in the new TU they've fixed weak things like blocking the sword with melee (who fucking cares about the sword?), but glaring problems like the banshee and revenant sniper get completely ignored. FUCK.
A TU2 still has not been ruled out

aDDiKt24

Banned
The Real Napsta said:

Wow!
Have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

Halo has always had great multiplayer vehicle combat but in Reach it has been hampered by poor design decisions discussed greatly in these many OT's for Reach we have had. For you to imply that vehicles are not an issue means your not seeing the big picture. Open those eyes.

Devolution said:
Should have just quoted Regret or something.
These are things I think of ten minutes after the fact. :-/

Retro said:
"Halo there, I'm from the Seventh Column Covenant, devout followers of Mercy, Truth and Regret. I just got back from a mission in New Mombasa."

Then there will be plenty of company and there's no lag at a LAN party. See you all there. $10 says the Devil is a sword-whore, that seems right up his alley.
Connections will be awesome, Reach bloom will be retrofitted to previous Halo titles, and TrounceX will constantly destroy our discs in a fit of rage. It is hell, after all...

Lady: "I like your shirt! What church is it from?"

Squidhands: "Church? Your prophets have promised you freedom from a doomed existence, but you will find no salvation on this ring."

Lady: "I... what? Listen, I don't think you understand what-"

Squidhands: "There is much talk... and I have listened through rock and metal and time... Now I shall talk and you shall listen... "

Lady: (backing away slowly) "Just... Just forget it."

Squidhands: "I am a monument to all your sins."

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
reggie said:
Do you know what Halo is? What Halo is about? Halo IS vehicles. It's not that terrible MLG shit that strips it of everything.
I agree. It's about gunning down ghosts on a warthog. Flying banshees over bases and killing fools. It's about hijacking a wraith, beating that shit until it explodes! MLG sucks. They take the fun out of Halo.

reggie said:
I never said it's the only one one. I was merely pointing out how ridiculous it is to say "who cares about vehicles?" about a game that has always had a big vehicle focus.

Halo CE had 2 maps with vehicle support bro, that's hardly focused on vehicles.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
reggie said:
I never said it's the only one one. I was merely pointing out how ridiculous it is to say "who cares about vehicles?" about a game that has always had a big vehicle focus.
Let's be real here. Vehicles are really the only focus about Halo. I mean, look at the MLG playlist population, NUFF SAID! People want warthogs, 8v8 and big maps. Reggie, we think alike. Want to play Reach sometime? My gt is: the 2gre. Add me bro and safe driving ;]

aDDiKt24

Banned
The Real Napsta said:

So remind me again why Blood Gulch and it's many remakes have been so huge for the series. It's because it was the most played map. Yes Halo CE didn't have many vehicle maps but if your using the number count as evidence for your argument you have failed.

aDDiKt24 said:
So remind me again why Blood Gulch and it's many remakes have been so huge for the series. It's because it was the most played map. Yes Halo CE didn't have many vehicle maps but if your using the number count as evidence for your argument you have failed.

Coag and Hemo are terrible b.

ElRenoRaven

squidhands said:
Snip for length. Insert crazy church lady story here.

Yea sadly there is always some that take religion way too strongly. It can be a good thing but some are without a doubt too zealous.

ncsuDuncan said:

Squidhands: "Church? Your prophets have promised you freedom from a doomed existence, but you will find no salvation on this ring."

Squidhands: "There is much talk... and I have listened through rock and metal and time... Now I shall talk and you shall listen... "

I would so pay to see that. I would be laughing for a week. Hell I'd so record it and youtube that.

ncsuDuncan said:

Stop posting here. And Im nothing against your wonderfulness of your posts.

The Real Napsta said:

They've brought in new ones, taken some out, there is a definite place for vehicles in big team. I don't know why this discussion has become so polarized. There is a place for mlg, there is a place for vehicle shenanigans in big team. People can enjoy both. This discussion is depressing the fuck out of me.

(Nevermind been brought to my attention people be trollin' Reggie). I'll keep my post up though. I'd rather we argue about opinions on mechanics though.

GhaleonEB

ncsuDuncan said:

I'd go for the direct approach myself, edited.

aDDiKt24

Banned
The Real Napsta said:
Coag and Hemo are terrible b.

Does it matter if they were terrible? Bungie, the company they are, listened to their fans and have continuously reworked the original map Blood Gulch into all the Halos they made. Your in denial.

I dont know how many copies of Halo Reach have sold but I will be soft on the estimation and say 5 million. How many of those player love MLG more then Vehicle Combat? I think we all know.

Wake up and smell the napalm because your argument just bombed.

Ramirez

reggie said:
Nice sarcasm. How's that pro career going? Been bringing in the big cash?

Oh snap, hahahaha.

I get your guys points, but BTB is like the 3rd most popular playlist after Living Dead/Team Slayer.

Karl2177 said:
If I was on my computer, I could link to even better games than those 2. If only I could do such things from my iPhone...

So could I. The game I posted was not one of the all-time greats of trueskill, it was a game i'd just played. I have games where my team get one kill between them.

Booshka

aDDiKt24 said:
Does it matter if they were terrible? Bungie, the company they are, listened to their fans and have continuously reworked the original map Blood Gulch into all the Halos they made. Your in denial.

I dont know how many copies of Halo Reach have sold but I will be soft on the estimation and say 5 million. How many of those player love MLG more then Vehicle Combat? I think we all know.

Reach is more about Zombies than it is about Vehicles if you want to go by playlist numbers.

aDDiKt24 said:
Does it matter if they were terrible? Bungie, the company they are, listened to their fans and have continuously reworked the original map Blood Gulch into all the Halos they made. you're in denial.

Of course it does.

Why are you bringing up MLG? I didn't say anything about MLG.

You mad.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Booshka said:
Reach is more about Zombies than it is about Vehicles if you want to go by playlist numbers.

Im not talking playlist numbers. We all know why people head to the Zombie playlist. It is well known what Halo is known for. For you guys to refute that just means you cant see past your insular "niche" on any halo multiplayer.

Booshka said:

Exactly. If that were true the TU would have done something to improve Zombies, like tweak the sw-OHHHSNAP.

Devolution said:
I rarely get into them but I will not deny how hilarious they can be. Reach kind of dropped the ball on this though considering how the vehicles are mostly death transports.
Sad, but true. I was playing with some friends the other day. Two of them hop in a Warthog, driver and gunner.

Them: "Jump in the passenger seat, Duncan! Let's do this!"
Me: "No thanks, I'd rather give the other team a Double Kill instead of a Triple."

Same situation with the Falcon (and the Mongoose, but that's understandable). Tanks are borderline, but really the only passenger seat I will always hop into is the Revenant's.

kylej said:

I rarely get into them but I will not deny how hilarious they can be. Reach kind of dropped the ball on this though considering how the vehicles are mostly death transports.

aDDiKt24

Banned
The Real Napsta said:
[/B]

Of course it does.

Why are you bringing up MLG? I didn't say anything about MLG.

You mad.

If you can only respond to my questioning and not add anything to the discussion it shows your lack of information to support your claim. First, it doesn't matter if you feel the Blood Gulch/s were shit in your opinion as they have become a staple of the Halo series. This implies that vehicle combat is also a staple of the series as thats what those maps are for.

I brought up MLG as another poster mentioned it.

Im not mad, im just going while the goings good.

You have nothing to go on. COME AT ME BRO!

Booshka

aDDiKt24 said:
Im not talking playlist numbers. We all know why people head to the Zombie playlist. It is well known what Halo is known for. For you guys to refute that just means you cant see past your insular "niche" on any halo multiplayer.
I don't refute it, I just would rather the focus be on infantry vs infantry combat. Going by the numbers and the playlist selection, that is what the majority of the community wants the focus to be on as well. MLG, Squad Slayer, Team Snipers, SWAT and Arena are just a subset of Team Slayer. The majority of Halo players care more about infantry combat, and would rather play that. So, I would rather worry about balancing and perfecting that aspect, then worrying about vehicles.

Merguson

Banned
Those who love to kill, please go play Call of Duty.

Those who love vehicles, please go play Battlefield.

Those who love zombies, please go play Left 4 Dead.

Those who love armor lock, please stay in Halo: Reach.

Everyone happy? Good? Awesome.

ncsuDuncan said:

Yes.

Top Bottom