• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Booshka

Tashi0106 said:
Watching Ninja's Stream, Turning Point is scrimming Status Quo. Ninja is in a 1v1 firefight with Enable, when Enable does his patented crouch strafe and destroys Ninja. Ninja then remarks, "I can't wait until bloom is gone so that little fucker can't do that shit."

LOL

EDIT: We must choose because 360's are old but devs keep having to make games look better so people will buy them. So you get performance issues because of it.

People complained that Shadowrun only had 1 skin per race per team. But that game doesn't have framerate issues like Reach, that game also sold like shit, so that is why we must choose. I prefer performance over cosmetics.

senador

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
Why must we choose?
I heard that armor perms directly effect Forge and framerate.

We should get both. I think Reach is a great step in player customization. I am excited to see what Halo 4 does.

kylej said:
need one more for donging. jelyk. all are welcome except for people who are bad

942-okay-meme.jpg

Ramirez

Booshka said:
Watching Ninja's Stream, Turning Point is scrimming Status Quo. Ninja is in a 1v1 firefight with Enable, when Enable does his patented crouch strafe and destroys Ninja. Ninja then remarks, "I can't wait until bloom is gone so that little fucker can't do that shit."

LOL

EDIT: We must choose because 360's are old but devs keep having to make games look better so people will buy them. So you get performance issues because of it.

People complained that Shadowrun only had 1 skin per race per team. But that game doesn't have framerate issues like Reach, that game also sold like shit, so that is why we must choose. I prefer performance over cosmetics.

Cosmetics will always bring more money though, look at the $45 weapon skins for Gears 3. UGH

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Booshka said:

LOL

lol good. Ninja's too cocky

GhaleonEB

Cocopjojo said:
Wow, that was amazing. Great B-movie style Machinima. I especially liked the dead body getting garbage collected in the middle of their scene.
The fade out as they were about to drive off the edge of the set was my highlight. Hilarious.

I really can't stand this game... Just spent the last 3 hours getting heavily abused by everything I hate about Reach. Multiple games where people were flying around with the jetpack and a needler and other people invis sniping. Armor locking was also the flavor of the day. But honestly, I can put up with armor lockers. What I have a hard time dealing with are power weapons, as I've stated many, many, too many times. So I'll spare you guys from an uber long post. I think it's time to play some age of empires 3 with some friends.

Booshka

Deputy Moonman said:
I really can't stand this game... Just spent the last 3 hours getting heavily abused by everything I hate about Reach. Multiple games where people were flying around with the jetpack and a needler and other people invis sniping. Armor locking was also the flavor of the day. But honestly, I can put up with armor lockers. What I have a hard time dealing with are power weapons, as I've stated many, many, too many times. So I'll spare you guys from an uber long post. I think it's time to play some age of empires 3 with some friends.
Stop playing Team Slayer

Deputy Moonman said:
I can't blame anyone but yourself.

GhaleonEB

Deputy Moonman said:
So, stop playing it. I've never played a game I disliked for more than a couple hours, and those were because I was assured they got better later on (case in point, Deus Ex).

Evade in objective just about ruined my night. Couldn't kill anyone. Can't have any map control when they can just evade right to flags or whatever. Really negative k/ds. What a joke.

Hydranockz said:
I can't blame anyone but yourself.
GhaleonEB said:
So, stop playing it. I've never played a game I disliked for more than a couple hours, and those were because I was assured they got better later on (case in point, Deus Ex).
I did stop playing it, but it's Friday and I wanted to have some fun. Have any other great advice? :-/ I play the game a lot, and despite bad games, much of the time, my bad experiences turn into good experiences if I keep playing. I had a bad run of games tonight and wanted to vent a little on gaf, where I was hoping for a little more, "I know that feeling bro." But guess I was wrong, lol. I can always go back to my original style of posting where I say Reach blows and everything sucks about it if you guys would prefer :-(
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx

Deputy Moonman said:
I did stop playing it, but it's Friday and I wanted to have some fun. Have any other great advice? :-/ I play the game a lot, and despite bad games, much of the time, my bad experiences turn into good experiences if I keep playing. I had a bad run of games tonight and wanted to vent a little on gaf, where I was hoping for a little more, "I know that feeling bro." But guess I was wrong, lol. I can always go back to my original style of posting where I say Reach blows and everything sucks about it if you guys would prefer :-(

I have fun until something like my last two games happens. Also juices left, we're down to three and a random. Then we get the competitive people? I just don't get this game.

senador

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:

Deputy Moonman said:

2a02357f.png
'

Have the shark too:
295e.jpg

senador

Banned
Striker said:
If you're in the mood for team based slayer, I recommend Squad, Arena, or even Premium.

I try to play just these and Objective but if we don't have a full party my friends and I hit up TS to avoid guests and super quitters. Sucks that AL and tons of Forge maps are there though. :(

feel

senador said:
2a02357f.png
'

Have the shark too:
295e.jpg
LMAO

Deputy Moonman said:
Don't you have other games? Play something else and return to Halo after they make it decent.

kylej

Banned
Could we please not slander One of the Greatest FPS Games of All Time?

(Frankie is a goddamn champion for saying that. That's a company man right there, Microsoft. Give him a raise.)

Tashi

kylej said:

(Frankie is a goddamn champion for saying that. That's a company man right there, Microsoft. Give him a raise.)

Fuck that, it's true

FyreWulff

kylej said:

I don't see anyone dissin' Perfect Dark in this thread

shit wait MS owns that one too now

feel

Retro

So, Zoolaner (Yes, he's still banned, said it should be over soon) and I did some impromptu ForgeGAF testing this morning, which turned into the better part of the day spent tweaking his High Ground remake, "Higher Ground" as a sort of collaboration (though most of the work was already done by the time I got there).

I think we sufficiently altered the map to flow a little better and award exploration, and obviously some of the less entertaining stuff (starting on the beach and fighting tooth and nail to get uphill while being sniped, etc.) is gone simply because there are limits to forge.

Anyways, when HaloGAF customs go down this weekend, maybe slip it in for testing purposes if we get it to a satisfactory level in time? I'll send Zoo a message and hopefully we can do some last minute checking before tomorrow night. If it does end up in the rotation, if someone could save the film (in case one or both of us can't make it) that'd be great. So far it looks to be a fun map.

ElRenoRaven

Kibbles said:

Goddamn it. I keep telling myself i won't watch the videos of campaign anymore yet I do. I love the graphics changes except one thing still bugs me. So far every damn level we've seen has been damn bright. There is no atmospheric darker areas it seems anymore.

PsychoRaven said:
Goddamn it. I keep telling myself i won't watch the videos of campaign anymore yet I do. I love the graphics changes except one thing still bugs me. So far every damn level we've seen has been damn bright. There is no atmospheric darker areas it seems anymore.
Yeah, seems in exchange of shadows there's this blue fog at a certain distance.

Edit: It still hurts hearing that CE doesn't get a remade version of its own multiplayer because Reach is a year old so as to not cannibalize the population.

ElRenoRaven

Rickenslacker said:
Yeah, seems in exchange of shadows there's this blue fog at a certain distance.

I don't think that's fog really but just the reflection of all the bright blue lighting washing out details from a distance. Course we have to remember that this is off camera and part of it was 3D so it's going to appear blurry to us. I would love a more direct feed look to see for myself.

It does worry me though that they're going overboard with the brightness. And yea. I'll always be pissed over the lack of the original's multiplayer but still think that for what we're getting it's worth the 40 bones.

orznge

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

are there parts of the game you don't like I'm just curious so I can paste this when you disilke or even don't prefer a single facet of it

Tashi

I'll bet you any money I can go to each of your houses, play on your connections and still wreck shit.

The super brightness really kills a lot of the atmosphere. You can see it the first time in that demo when chat switches back how things that were in shadow are just a slightly darker gray now.

You can see it really well where you have to jump the pipes. In the old game? That corridor is dark and moody, like the lights have blown out. In the new? Brightly lit with some gray smudge on the ground.

That really bothers me. It seems like a small thing, but it really ruins the atmosphere. It's even worse on the 343 Guilty Spark vid from a few weeks ago, because the claustrophobia and spookiness was the entire point of that level and is completely absent from the new engine.

That terminal, though, was awesome. I love how the effort was made to completely fit in the context of the game as opposed to just a random bonus.

Top Bottom