• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tunavi

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Me and Shishka have a long-running Team Slayer rivalry on Headlong which currently stands at me dominating him 2:1. Using zero bloom Custom game.
put ZBS in your fileshare please on september 21st

1951 assists in 648 games, or 3.01 per game.

I wouldn't go out of the way to make eight happen, and I would definitely say that this challenge falls squarely in the LAME category. I mean, I get assist sprees from time to time, but to this challenge I say "No thanks."

OuterWorldVoice said:
Me and Shishka have a long-running Team Slayer rivalry on Headlong which currently stands at me dominating him 2:1. Using zero bloom Custom game.
Which will be the gametype we get the day the TU hits right?

Haha

Ramirez

Louis Wu said:
If you look just at competitive games (to make comparisons easier), you have 10.7k in 3100 games. (That's 3.4/game.)

You're making Dani's point that better-than-average players will have an easier time with this challenge than the rest of us. ;)

(kylej is also up there - 5100 assists in 1800 games (2.8/game). Me, on the other hand? 3500 in 2000 games (1.74/game). So it's TWICE as hard for me as it is for you to get the standard "X assists in Y games" challenge... and much, much worse than that to get to 8 in a single game.

Which means for folks like me (I'm pretty average), you MUST change your gamestyle to get this challenge.

Eep - dinner

I was never debating the fact that lesser players might have more difficulty getting the challenge, just that I'm fine with the assist system in Reach. Solution to all of this is, stop caring about challenges. :p

FyreWulff

For anyone interested, as part of some 7th birthday festivities this year, I'm holding an AR start tournament, 1v1, against me.

First person that clean sweeps me automatically wins Halo: Anniversary.

Still nailing down the deets though.

wwm0nkey

Gabotron ES said:
He should put it right now so we can stare at the file without being able to download it. GLORIOUS TROLLING.
We would probably be able to download it, just not use it or have any of the changes go into effect.

Ramirez

FyreWulff said:
For anyone interested, as part of some 7th birthday festivities this year, I'm holding an AR start tournament, 1v1, against me.

First challenger wins CEA, better come up with a better contest.

FyreWulff said:

Subtle, I like that.

Gui_PT

FyreWulff said:

sauypx.gif

FyreWulff said:

Make it a pro-pipe tournament and I'm there.

FyreWulff said:

This is a joke right? Right?

FyreWulff said:

If it was Halo 3 I would be kind of down. That said even if I won (AR starts not likely) I would pass on making you pay for the game AND pay for shipping lol.

dmg04 said:
AR starts are a joke to you guys?
Man... You must have hated Halo:CE

Why would we hate Halo CE, that game had arguably the best reason to never need to touch a AR ever.

Confused. :p

feel

Tunavi said:
put ZBS in your fileshare please on september 21st
Can grab that TU gametype and then tweak old non-TU options like AA availability and movement speed?

xxjuicesxx said:
Who the fuck registered MikeDongblain?
Who do you think?

Mike himself

Dani said:
And yet some folks complain that they can never play on any DLC map. C'est la vie.

Shouldn't have to go into a DLC specific playlist in order to play maps that you paid for.

dmg04 said:
AR starts are a joke to you guys?
Man... You must have hated Halo:CE

Two things:
One, AR is a much much different weapon in CE.
Two, Pistol.

Tunavi said:
Burst firing the AR in reach is actually pretty fun.
About as fun as this
alwaysunny-crash.gif

AR was pretty fun to shoot in CE, I didn't mind using it. It also helped that it came paired with my favourite weapon to use. Reach's AR feels like crap for a couple reasons, but I just don't like the audiovisual feedback with it.

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last nights ep was awesome.
Started off slow but after that scene it just went crazy lol

Fat Mac is awesome too.

All HaloGAF members should start watching 'Its Always Sunny' if you are have not done so already lol

FyreWulff

Dax01 said:
Make it a pro-pipe tournament and I'm there.

Already did. The Classic Open is just one of 3 things going on that day.

I was going to make it DMR start, but since I'm the only one that actually knows how to use it, I'd win every game and that'd be boring.

There'll be DMRs on the map in the AR Open, by the way. It'll help give my opponents a chance.

And every person I beat means another donation to BMF/Child's Play.

If anyone else wants to run a better tournament, feel free to front the multiple hundreds of bucks for charity, and you can run your own whenever you want! Nobody is stopping you there.

Fuller deets:

THE FYREWULFF CLASSIC OPEN

- 1 versus 1!
- AR starts on special variants of official maps
- No donation or DLC required to enter
- Beat FyreWulff and be entered to win a Noble Map Pack or Defiant Map Pack code
- Beat FyreWulff by a margin of 15 and win a Classic Map Pack code (as soon as it becomes available on the marketplace)
- Be the first person to clean sweep FyreWulff and win a US copy of Halo: Anniversary

Hopefully Gamestop is pretty fast about selling the Classic Map Pack as an in-store code.

FyreWulff

senador said:
Jokes aside, that is pretty cool. Good work. I may do it for the sake of fun and charity. :)

Yeah it's the last fundraising tournament I'm going to do. I had a close call of sorts with one of the previous ones and I figure I should go stop on a big note.

I'm definitely not doing any more marathons, doing those one-man is insanity, and the prime time to do them near Halo/Bungie dates is either right under the shadow of the Mario Marathon (for Bungie Day) or under the clusterfuck of holiday game releases (for H1/H2 birthdays)

Top Bottom