• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

MrBig

Headlong looks gorgeous with the destruction elements, but which sky is the real sky?

1oYln.jpg

03xtB.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A HaloGAF LAN party would be awful! Everyone would be just sitting there complaining and like 3 of us would want to play MLG lol.

MrBig

Dax01 said:
That's why you bring Halo 3 instead.
LAN means Halo 2/1. Nobody even needs to bring their 360.
Tashi0106 said:
No way. 360 controller is the best controller ever.
Yea, but my OG Xbox has a really cool skull pattern vinyl wrap on it that I put on when I was 12 and never get to show off anymore :(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, my girlfriend buys an Xbox 360 last night with Reach (100$ off sale, yay), and I'm all excited to play some Firefight with her. Then I remember we're changing internet service providers, and nothing connected right now.

Time to see if my phone data tethering will allow me to play online (3mbs down 1mbs up, but the ping on Speedtest is 40, so I can't imagine how bad it'll be with P2P).

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:
So PoA will be brighter in anniversary mode for sure, but that build is older and pre-lighting tweaks for that very reason. So it will actually get darker. But as someone else noted, it uses other atmospheric effects too, on top of shadow.

Good as long as it gets darker I'll be happy. Even a little darker is enough for me. As is it looks like walking into a wal mart or something as bright as it is. Which is odd mind you because Wal Marts are such shitty places and yet they light the hell out of them.

Lyphen said:
So, my girlfriend buys an Xbox 360 last night with Reach (100$ off sale, yay), and I'm all excited to play some Firefight with her. Then I remember we're changing internet service providers, and nothing connected right now.

Time to see if my phone data tethering will allow me to play online (3mbs down 1mbs up, but the ping on Speedtest is 40, so I can't imagine how bad it'll be with P2P).

Assuming you live with your g/f, just LAN with her bro.

MrBig said:
Headlong looks gorgeous with the destruction elements, but which sky is the real sky?

http://i.imgur.com/1oYln.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/03xtB.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I think the newest one(the blue sky). Some gameplay footage of the B-roll were already posted at around HaloFest. So I guess it's old stuff.

Otherwise I prefer the blue sky.

Gears 3 finished baby!

The Real Napsta said:
Assuming you live with your g/f, just LAN with her bro.
So your telling him to put his ethernet in her port? i like it!.

Im watching my mams dog tonight, no pc no xbox :( what do? suppose at a push i could install steam and see what i can do with the horrid laptop controls.

Ideas for killing bordom HaloGAF?

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
So PoA will be brighter in anniversary mode for sure, but that build is older and pre-lighting tweaks for that very reason. So it will actually get darker. But as someone else noted, it uses other atmospheric effects too, on top of shadow.
Cool thanks. That mean shadows on characters too hopefully.

OuterWorldVoice said:
He will take your pistol back.
Joke's on him, still has no ammo.

Dax01 said:
That's why you bring Halo 3 instead.
It's a LAN, Halo 1 or 2 is what would be played. Though 3 BTB is amazing on LAN too. :)

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
MrBig said:

1oYln.jpg
This.

B-Roll was older than the screens, and there wasn't time to go back and recapture. Still the same sexytime map, now just a bit easier to see other players.

Ramirez

FyreWulff said:
Also while I'm here, has anyone seen Metroidvania post since PAX? He stayed a night in our hotel room, came back for his stuff, and hasn't replied to PMs since.

You still trying to collect an obscene amount of money for someone sleeping on your floor for a couple of hours? I wouldn't reply either.

ElRenoRaven

Ramirez said:
You still trying to collect an obscene amount of money for someone sleeping on your floor for a couple of hours? I wouldn't reply either.

Wait there was drama that wasn't mentioned in everyone's Halofest write ups. Oh no no no spill the beans folks. Part of PAX and halofest's fun is the drama that happens too. You've all been holding out.

PsychoRaven said:
Wait there was drama that wasn't mentioned in everyone's Halofest write ups. Oh no no no spill the beans folks. Part of PAX and halofest's fun is the drama that happens too. You've all been holding out.
We wrote write ups?

Tashi

The Real Napsta said:
So he has to drive to your place and slap the sennheisers off of your face?
Lol yup.

On second thought, bring out that TU and gametypes ASAP. HaloGAF needs to be a happier place. Shit's ridiculous.

neoism

wwm0nkey said:
I can see them dropping the gametype very quickly after the TU. I give it 2 days.
I still don't understand why even release the TU without us being able to play customs right after... :/

wwm0nkey

neoism said:
I still don't understand why even release the TU without us being able to play customs right after... :/
Maybe we should just have a NeoGAF vs 343 custom game, if we win we get the custom game as soon at the Update hit lol

Tashi

wwm0nkey said:
Maybe we should just have a NeoGAF vs 343 custom game, if we win we get the custom game as soon at the Update hit lol
This won't end well. Trust me. It's tough making a team from HaloGAF.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
PsychoRaven said:
Yea. You guys did and another one or two. Can't remember who they were but they did. Anyway dish the dirt. lol
Yeah I'd love to hear how Devin managed to buy the very rare and not for sale wireless Duke.

Crucio

FyreWulff said:
Confession booth time:

The reason I got the Halo 3 360 was for the green color, not because it was Halo.

And it came with an awesome theme for the blades that was slaughtered in the move to NXE.

Same reason I still have my ODST controller, but I have to replace that one soon. Mic port is busted.

I actually thought a lot more H3 360s would be floating around out there, but mine was the only one lent and used at PAX08. It ended up in the tournament room and someone tried to eat my RB1 disc that came with it. The guys at PA bought me a new copy.

Also while I'm here, has anyone seen Metroidvania post since PAX? He stayed a night in our hotel room, came back for his stuff, and hasn't replied to PMs since.
Are you serious? I'm using the ODST controller and my MIC port is also busted. Might be because of the chatpad going in and out of the port. Also the left stick is really bad.. Overused it I Guess. Ill keep it as a monument when it stops working. Lol.

Top Bottom