• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

I began lurking during the Halo 3 OT. Specifically, when everyone started posting about how the Limited Edition was scratching the discs.

I was able to post the day Frankie announced he was leaving Bungie to lead 343i. #IsThatASign?

Edit: lol, Havok

Karl2177

343, please tell me the Revenant passenger auto aim bug has been fixed. Speedpile on Hemo isn't fun... :(

EDIT: Same assholes, same strategy. Now is when I can tolerate AFK bullshit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Blue Ninja said:
I played Reach MP, Halo 2 MP and Halo 3 MP yesterday. I have to say, Halo 3 really plays the best.
Yup, I'm slowly coming to this conclusion. But hell, that could entirely change when the TU comes out. :)

ElRenoRaven

omg.kittens said:
Yup, I'm slowly coming to this conclusion. But hell, that could entirely change when the TU comes out. :)

You both aren't alone. Minus the Equipment Halo 3 I thought was perfect multiplayer wise.

feel

Out of context. That and the hundreds of posts of mine around the time were during my Reach is great sarcasm phase, Juices-style.

Gui_PT

Frankie, where can I get the shirt you're wearing in that TGS video where you show the campaign?!

Pleeeeeaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeee

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Gui_PT said:
Frankie, where can I get the shirt you're wearing in that TGS video where you show the campaign?!

Pleeeeeaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeee

We might have a couple that we'd be willing to send along to deserving people.

GhaleonEB

Just started my Weekly Challenge Flawless Cowboy run - going to see how many missions I can cover without dying, without taking shortcuts.

Winter Contingency | Success | 15 Minutes

I'm still struck by how much content there is on this level, and how little combat. It's huge, detailed and beautiful, and we blow past most of it. I'd have liked to see a Multiplayer map or a lot more combat on the level, perhaps by setting it later in the campaign. Fun, brief mission.

On to ONI.

Gui_PT

lybertyboy said:

Could I possibly get one in pink please?

I'm kidding, obviously. Thank you for the reply though.

feel

lybertyboy said:
33n9bbp.jpg

lybertyboy said:
Small does fit me, but if it's cotton we better go with a Medium.

Has any actual date been given for when we can expect to see the first game-type that uses the TU settings?

lybertyboy said:
Other question: Sparkast? When. September 27. Right?
It's a special day for me

GhaleonEB said:
Just started my Weekly Challenge Flawless Cowboy run - going to see how many missions I can cover without dying, without taking shortcuts.

I'm still struck by how much content there is on this level, and how little combat. It's huge, detailed and beautiful, and we blow past most of it. I'd have liked to see a Multiplayer map or a lot more combat on the level, perhaps by setting it later in the campaign. Fun, brief mission.

On to ONI.
Damn. I knew I forgot sth. this week. It was the weekly. Damn.

Tashi0106 said:
Ooooh. Show me.
Unfortunately I ain't using Frankie. Instead here is a pic with Dan Ayoub and some parts of the longsleeve:
gsm_169_HaloAnniversary_di_gamescom2011_081611_640.jpg

Retro

lybertyboy said:

I'll buck the trend and not suggest myself. Instead, send one to FyreWulff. I figure he deserves at least a T-shirt for being awesome and hooking me up with a free Map Pack...

That, and it will surely stick in the craw of everyone else in the entire thread, ensuring the high volume of posts is sustained just in time for it to pick back up right before Halo:CE A drops.

Retro said:
I'll buck the trend and not suggest myself. Instead, send one to FyreWulff. I figure he deserves at least a T-shirt for being awesome and hooking me up with a free Map Pack...

That, and it will surely stick in the craw of everyone else in the entire thread, ensuring the high volume of posts is sustained just in time for it to pick back up right before Halo:CE A drops.
There are a lot of guys who deserved one. Especially Domino, Ghal and Hitmonchan. (And Duncan)

Devin Olsen said:
The guy with the Gamertag One One Seven was given one at PAX. I didn't realize at the time that they were exclusive.
He deserved it. Did you see his Halo Collection? Pure jealously in my eyes. (And he is a friendly person, too)

pure jealously at your duke, too

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
The guy with the Gamertag One One Seven was given one at PAX. I didn't realize at the time that they were exclusive.

All the great shirts are. Except for the Bungie Aerospace one. I'll definitely be getting a Destiny shirt when they become available.

Gui_PT

Could we just change the subject? Otherwise it'll just get old and annoying quite fast.

They know who deserves a shirt.

MrBig

Are you able to complete challenges while your account is silver? Want to do the weekly but I need to wait to renew live.

GhaleonEB

ONI | Success | 29 Minutes

ONI down. It's the mission where the DMR really starts to strut its stuff, amidst all the heavy ordnance we're handed. I eschew most vehicles, and use them just for transport, until the Gauss Hog shows up. I take that all the way through to the Hunters, using it a portable turret. Fun mission with great pacing and a nice finale. Notched the Little Guys Challenge along the way.

Sniperz times.

feel

Gui_PT said:
Could we just change the subject? Otherwise it'll just get old and annoying quite fast.

They know who deserves a shirt.
Let's talk about how we wished crappy new reach gametype variation in shitty forge world map #71738 wasn't so common in awful playlist #12.

GhaleonEB

Tha Robbertster said:
I think we'll get a slayer one. But if I'm right, we can moddify it in any gametype we'd like after that.
If it's Slayer, then we'd be able to adjust any other options in the Slayer game types, but not turn it into say, CTF. It will be a Slayer game type. We'd need a CTF game type to make CTF with the new (user-hidden) settings, and Assault to make Assault, and so on.

Top Bottom