• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Havok

Tashi0106 said:
Lol how the fuck? How many times have you played campaign? I have no clue which part he's even at.
It's the final bit of Exodus, which can be incredibly frustrating if done wrong. That particular line of dialogue made me mute my TV on a LASO run once, before I started using the Mythic guides on HBO.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Havok said:
It's the final bit of Exodus, which can be incredibly frustrating if done wrong. That particular line of dialogue made me mute my TV on a LASO run once, before I started using the Mythic guides on HBO.
There's a level called Exodus? Lol I think one day after MLG Orlando I'm going to replay the campaign.

Ledsen

Havok said:

That god damned brute with the green plasma grenade thrower killed me like 20 times :/

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:
Toe thumbs probably activate that shit all the time.

You know what. I don't care if she has toe thumbs when she actually has some meat on her bones. She's still damn hot. Course when she looks like a walking skeleton she's not so hot.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Toe thumbs probably activate that shit all the time.
Just sayin'

XVAuDl.jpg

*This is the best picture of my thumb that I could come up with quickly.

GhaleonEB

lazybones18 said:
Complete 10 Dailys for 25k?

Now that is what I'm talking about
Dailies got a kick in the nuts as well. 343 is officially applying their love to the Challenges across the board. <3

Louis Wu said:
Heh - sounds like you're having trouble making it to the switch. :)

Grab invisibility, jump on a mongoose, and drive up the stairs on the right. Activate invis, jump up the plant ledges, and activate the switch from below - it's way safer than trying to take out those two Brutes.
I just use the sniper rifle by the far AA gun to take out the Brutes. You can stand on the top railing of the bridge and DMR everything, then snipe the Brutes down.

Homeboyd

GhaleonEB said:
Dailies got a kick in the nuts as well. 343 is officially applying their love to the Challenges across the board. <3
Damn you're not kidding. Thanks 343! Also, this is one of my favorite weeklies. I love knowing that you have to spend more than a day or two to complete it. The "complete 20 daily challenges" one was tough but it made it a lot of fun knowing you had to get 4/4 on several days.

Louis Wu

Havok said:
I had a Legendary run once that I gave up on because of that Brute (it was before the Mythic guide came out) - and yeah, that dialogue begins to grate after the Xth time (X varies with what else is going on in my life). Ghal mentioned the Sniper Rifle by the second AA gun - but I hadn't found it at the time of that frustrating run.

Tashi - you need to run through the Campaign once more - you might find you like it. :)

thezerofire said:
to be honest, I have no idea which level is Exodus anymore.

also spent a good weekend away from Reach. Very relaxing
It's the green, blue, white one. lol. It's the mission before the Falcon mission and after Long Night Of Solace(The one with the space combat).

GhaleonEB said:

I think we should get a thread title change to "There Are Those Who Said These Dailies Would Never Come".

Merguson

Banned
thezerofire said:
to be honest, I have no idea which level is Exodus anymore.

also spent a good weekend away from Reach. Very relaxing

The one where you are stranded from your team in the City of New Alexandria and have to fight brutes for the first time.

PNut

Banned
Captain Blood said:
I think we should get a thread title change to "There Are Those Who Said These Dailies Would Never Come".

What's so different about today's dailies? I've seen each of them at least once before.

Homeboyd

So I was thinking... whenever they get the custom challenges details outlined, do you guys want to set up a HaloGaf daily/weekly challenge for all of us to compete against eachother with?

What I mean is, we could have someone (frankie/david/etc..) start the first challenge, let's say for the weekly, and have everyone post their times/scores for the challenge and whoever does it the fastest/with the highest score/etc.. gets to create the next weekly.

It couldn't be "the first to complete it wins" because of people's work schedules, but there are plenty of other options. Ex:

- Complete "X" campaign mission, no shots fired, no deaths on Heroic.
-- People submit stats and must include video for proof of no shots fired
-- Whoever submits the fastest time for completion wins

- Enter Squad Slayer Matchmaking alone and finish 3 consecutive games with the highest kill totals for your team.
-- People submit stats for the 3 games and whoever has the highest kill totals for those 3 games wins

- Select "X" custom gametype for a Firefight custom game, survive 30 minutes. Highest point total wins.
-- Winning team gets to create new weekly challenge for the next week

Would be fun to keep up with each week whether there are cR rewards or not. Could work on a separate reward for winners each week if we wanted.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Louis Wu said:
I had a Legendary run once that I gave up on because of that Brute (it was before the Mythic guide came out) - and yeah, that dialogue begins to grate after the Xth time (X varies with what else is going on in my life). Ghal mentioned the Sniper Rifle by the second AA gun - but I hadn't found it at the time of that frustrating run.

Tashi - you need to run through the Campaign once more - you might find you like it. :)
Definitely will, I loved it the first time around. Besides the cut scene audio glitches that totally took me out of the experience during Kat's untimely death.

orznge

Banned
FyreWulff said:
Changing non-glitched weapon characteristics outside of the original developer's intent was more important than useful stuff like bug fixing. Priorities, man. Priorities.

hahahahahaha

Homeboyd said:
So I was thinking... whenever they get the custom challenges details outlined, do you guys want to set up a HaloGaf daily/weekly challenge for all of us to compete against eachother with?

What I mean is, we could have someone (frankie/david/etc..) start the first challenge, let's say for the weekly, and have everyone post their times/scores for the challenge and whoever does it the fastest/with the highest score/etc.. gets to create the next weekly.

It couldn't be "the first to complete it wins" because of people's work schedules, but there are plenty of other options. Ex:

- Enter Squad Slayer Matchmaking alone and finish 3 consecutive games with the highest kill totals for your team.
-- People submit stats for the 3 games and whoever has the highest kill totals for those 3 games wins

- Select "X" custom gametype for a Firefight custom game, survive 30 minutes. Highest point total wins.

Would be fun to keep up with each week whether there are cR rewards or not. Could work on a separate reward for winners each week if we wanted.
Sounds really funny.

Homeboyd said:

I'd like this! Some time ago, when I was a lurker, there was one guy who used to make these firefight challanges. Seemed like some good fun.

Tha Robbertster said:
I'd like this! Some time ago, when I was a lurker, there was one guy who used to make these firefight challanges. Seemed like some good fun.
That was me and Zayne. We didn't do it anymore, because no one took part back then.

GhaleonEB

Homeboyd said:

I think we need to wait to see the custom Challenges options first. If they can only hook into the same ones the in-game Challenges do, that limits the scope considerably. If they can uncork a much more freeform structure, pulling from multiple user-set variables taken from the game reporting systems, then we're in business.

Oh and I just noticed the payouts for the challenges are kinda like double they are all 2k+ and Aggresive Negotiations is 3430 which is a good amount since thats a harder challenge (For casuals)

Bout time my bar is moving so fucking slow.

Kibbles

Does anyone know if we can play that Halo: Reach New Disc Format Preview thing Microsoft sent out with the last dashboard beta on any xbox yet?

Kibbles said:
Does anyone know if we can play that Halo: Reach New Disc Format Preview thing Microsoft sent out with the last dashboard beta on any xbox yet?
Yes, any Xbox with the latest dashboard can play those preview discs.

Crucio

When it comes to Exodus I use the power of Sgt. Duvall with a fuel rod gun inside my warthog. He's indestructable.

Also the Fuel Rod Gun doesn't shoot green plasma grenades... It shoots Relish.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Crucio said:
Also the Fuel Rod Gun doesn't shoot green plasma grenades... It shoots Relish.
First blue berries, and now relish. Veritable smorgasbord.
Hold the mayo.

PooBone

Homeboyd said:

That sounds fun.

Ramirez

HiredN00bs said:
Oh, we had words with them.

The thing that has always pissed me off about this kind of stuff has been the way it affects lesser-skilled players. We play with a mixed party often, and when this shit happens, it totally turns them off from the game. It's like seeing somebody pick on your kid brother.

lol, small world. They really weren't that good, I'm sure if we'd had Nuts or EazyB with us we would have returned the favor to them.

feel

^ haha

The Real Napsta said:
I got the newest OXM (US), the one with Skyrim on the cover and it comes with a Halo CEA poster. It's pretty neat.
wwm0nkey said:
Oh man for those of you who got OXM today, the first page is an amazing Halo CEA advertisement
And I'm off to the googles.

GhaleonEB

Skyrim cover? Paging Blue Ninja to the Gaming Forum, paging Blue Ninja to the Gaming Forum, your thread posting abilities are needed.....

Hitmonchan107 said:
I left my 360 at my girlfriend's house, which is a four-hour roundtrip, so here's the plan:

I have my alarm set for three hours from now. I'm going to wake up, take a cold shower, go to the convenience store, grab a Full Throttle, put $30 of gas in the tank, pound the drank, hit the road, get to her house, grab the box, make sweet love at my woman, flip off a cop, down a few tacos, find the nearest gas station bathroom, regret my dieting decisions, draw a penis on the bathroom stall, pound another Full Throttle, drive 90 in a 70 and pass out at Trendy.

All for the sake of the TU.

Your dedication is extreme, and admirable.

Good luck my friend, and may you not get arrested for your outlandish actions.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
I really hope the next Halo Bulletin has the clean version of the advertisement.
Found one where it shows an epic standoff in a i04 valley between covenant and humans, split in half between old and new visuals, with chief right in the middle being all chief and looking away from the battle into something else. Is that the one? Looks incredible. Though I'm confused at Chief holding the proper AR while the soldiers hold Reach's. Their uniforms sadly also seem closer to the Reach ones in this and in the recent vid with frankie.

Letters said:
Found one where it shows an epic standoff in a i04 valley between covenant and humans, split in half between old and new visuals, with chief right in the middle being all chief and looking away from the battle into something else. Is that the one? Looks incredible. Though I'm confused at Chief holding the proper AR while the soldiers hold Reach's.
Wait? Where?

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
Found one where it shows an epic standoff in a i04 valley between covenant and humans, split in half between old and new visuals, with chief right in the middle being all chief and looking away from the battle into something else. Is that the one? Looks incredible. Though I'm confused at Chief holding the proper AR while the soldiers hold Reach's.
Yes that is the one, is it direct feed or a scan? If its direct feed you should link everyone here too it.

Also yeah was confused about the AR part myself.

feel

2mpfo00.jpg

this is not a scan, but it's the same artwork that's on the oxm ad

edit-

I'm thinking that everything but the chief might've been from a piece of concept from before the E3 backlash of reusing so many Reach assets. But I'm still confused that (according to the recent PoA vid) they still kept the marines in those ugly bright uniforms from reach instead of the original dark olive ones with the metal plates.

Top Bottom