• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ken

Picked up Cryptum on the Kindle store to read on a flight. The only other Halo novels I have yet to read in addition to Cryptum are The Cole Protocol and the Evolutions short stories; are either of those worth picking up as well?

Tunavi said:
cannot wait for classic++. 2 DAYS

Same here. This week is going to be brutal, but getting a TU gametype (hopefully) will be a nice break.

Hitmonchan might even turn his Xbox on for it.
He is required to do so.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ken said:
Picked up Cryptum on the Kindle store to read on a flight. The only other Halo novels I have yet to read in addition to Cryptum are The Cole Protocol and the Evolutions short stories; are either of those worth picking up as well?
Cole Protocol is meh but Evolutions has some AMAZING short stories. They're all a bit dark, but the stories like The Mona Lisa, Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian, and Human Weakness are just fucking great. (put that on the back of the book, Frankie!)

Ken

Sai-kun said:
Cole Protocol is meh but Evolutions has some AMAZING short stories. They're all a bit dark, but the stories like The Mona Lisa, Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian, and Human Weakness are just fucking great. (put that on the back of the book, Frankie!)

Which one are those in? I see that there's a Volume 1 and a Volume 2.

Edit: Nvm. I see that Volume 2 is select stories from Evolutions. Grabbed Evolutions. Looking forward to reading these.

Steelyuhas said:
Hitmonchan might even turn his Xbox on for it.
He is required to do so.
I left my 360 at my girlfriend's house, which is a four-hour roundtrip, so here's the plan:

I have my alarm set for three hours from now. I'm going to wake up, take a cold shower, go to the convenience store, grab a Full Throttle, put $30 of gas in the tank, pound the drank, hit the road, get to her house, grab the box, make sweet love at my woman, flip off a cop, down a few tacos, find the nearest gas station bathroom, regret my dieting decisions, draw a penis on the bathroom stall, pound another Full Throttle, drive 90 in a 70 and pass out at Trendy.

All for the sake of the TU.

FyreWulff

I just noticed the points total buying that last Defiant code gave me. Is this a sign?

S13xh.png

Letters said:
That's cute. You're already dead if this doesn't lead to a new Halo 4 clip or beta date.

haha

Dani dont do a Bungie on us and put up a giant apology letter when the reveal gets delayed. (Or if the reveal turns out to be an elaborate hoax just to get us all excited over nothing for your sick sadistic amusement. )

FyreWulff

Quote and redeem for Defiant

edit: i assume this only works for US Live, but you're welcome to try..

edit2: Post an Unearthed review after redemption, whoever gets it!

FyreWulff said:
Changing non-glitched weapon characteristics outside of the original developer's intent was more important than useful stuff like bug fixing. Priorities, man. Priorities.
I dunno about you but my game has been glitched since it came out. My reticule keeps expanding and shit every time I shoot my weapon. It's pretty annoying. Can't believe it's taken a year to fix such a glaring glitch.

Barrow Roll said:
I dunno about you but my game has been glitched since it came out. My reticule keeps expanding and shit every time I shoot my weapon. It's pretty annoying. Can't believe it's taken a year to fix such a glaring glitch.

Yeah intentional or not thats worse than all the other glitches put together in the game. Except for that one glitch which lets people pause the game in multiplayer lol. What was that about?

Easy weekly/ dailies today aswell. Sweet. - finished 3 of the dailies really quick, hopefully kill x enemies in any game mode pops up a lot this week as I think I will be just playing TU customs when its possible to do so. :p

The last 3 weeklys have been worth 90K combined, thats SO much better than how things used to be.

(Actually no im wrong, I think out of the last 4 weekly 3 of them have been worth around 90K right? The other one was a mistake right? It doesnt count. :p )

Devin Olsen said:
What is he going in for? (If you/he doesn't mind me asking).

Either way good luck man!
I have to get a giant diverticulum removed from my esophagus. Sitting in the hospital now, waiting for some good drugs and a five hour surgery.

It was great meeting Tunavi, my first HaloGAF encounter. Wish I could have stayed for Arcade Fire, but alas.

squidhands said:
I have to get a giant diverticulum removed from my esophagus. Sitting in the hospital now, waiting for some good drugs and a five hour surgery.

It was great meeting Tunavi, my first HaloGAF encounter. Wish I could have stayed for Arcade Fire, but alas.

All the best, I hope it all goes well!

Gui_PT

squidhands said:

Was about to make a post about this.(just woke up)

Best of luck!

FyreWulff said:
Quote and redeem for Defiant

edit: i assume this only works for US Live, but you're welcome to try..

edit2: Post an Unearthed review after redemption, whoever gets it!
I'll try I'll try!

EDIT: Boo I'm too late.

Ken said:
The Cole Protocol is the worst Halo book. I don't like it and Buckel's Evolution short storie "Dirt", too. Evolution has very good short stories. I especially like Kevin Grace's "The Return" and Karen Traviss' "Human Weakness". The reasons, why I like them, are, they give us some non-obvious hints to the future of the Halo universe. I haven't read every short story yet, but it's a good book and I hope we are going to see a "new" Evolution sometimes.

I like the weekly. 10Challenge are do able for me, because I really have no time to play games during the week. Only on the weekend.

And I love that you can get 3430cR for a challenge. :)

Ken said:
Evolutions is definitely worth a pick up.

Edit: Definitely a weekly I'll be going for. Possibly. Maybe. I'm basically looking for excuses to play Reach until Gears of War 3 comes out. I hadn't done a challenge like L.D. Package since Reach came out.

The only thing I wish Halo 3 had from Reach is the gunplay. Nearly every single weapon feels great to fire in Reach. The plasma pistol in Halo 3 feels so weak to the one in Reach.

Tawpgun

Dax01 said:
The only thing I wish Halo 3 had from Reach is the gunplay. Nearly every single weapon feels great to fire in Reach. The plasma pistol in Halo 3 feels so weak to the one in Reach.
Bloom on precision weapons aside, I agree.

Ramirez said:
It wasn't really anything to do with wins or losses. I think we won all of them except a game of TO where our teammate quit out and a couple of Arena matches. The TO game was against 3 (!!!) Inheritors and a Forerunner, 2 Flag Slayer, they just killed us instead of going for the flag once our teammate quit out, lol. Where were Stephen and N00bs to save me?
Oh, we had words with them.

The thing that has always pissed me off about this kind of stuff has been the way it affects lesser-skilled players. We play with a mixed party often, and when this shit happens, it totally turns them off from the game. It's like seeing somebody pick on your kid brother.

GhaleonEB said:
If it's Slayer, then we'd be able to adjust any other options in the Slayer game types, but not turn it into say, CTF. It will be a Slayer game type. We'd need a CTF game type to make CTF with the new (user-hidden) settings, and Assault to make Assault, and so on.
I want my bloomless elite slayer, please!

TheOddOne

Megan Fox talks about OuterWorldVoice's favorite game.
What is the last video game that you played?

Fox: Halo. [laughs] You can ask my husband that question independently of me if he is out there. I have a complete addiction to that game. It is sick.

Which version of Halo?

Fox: I have Halo: Reach, but I am playing online. I don’t really play in story mode anymore.

Are you on Xbox Live?

Fox: Yes.

So you play with other people and they have no idea?

Fox: They have no idea. They make fun of my gamer tag too because it is funny. And they are all a bunch of guys and it is clear that I am a girl so they make fun of my name, and they have no idea they are making fun of me.
I wonder if she uses armour lock.

Havok

Gabotron ES said:
After one year Asylum's Z fighting haven't been fixed yet.

lmao.
Z fighting is the least of Asylum's problems.
Dax01 said:
Feedback in Reach is the best in the series by a country mile. From the feel of the weapons, as you said, to the sheer amount of information the player is given audiovisually: the shield brightening as it gets closer to popping, the loud clang as it hits zero, the whoosh of incoming grenades. Sadly, this doesn't apply to vehicles, where feedback took a back seat, figuratively.

Ledsen

SERGEANT MAJOR THE COVIES ARE ALMOST THROUGH MY DOOR

STEADY ECHO THREE THAT CORVETTE IS STILL OUT THERE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Louis Wu

Ledsen said:

STEADY LIEUTENANT THAT CORVETTE IS STILL OUT THERE

Heh - sounds like you're having trouble making it to the switch. :)

Grab invisibility, jump on a mongoose, and drive up the stairs on the right. Activate invis, jump up the plant ledges, and activate the switch from below - it's way safer than trying to take out those two Brutes.

Tawpgun

Ledsen said:

That one part in Exodus was the only part REMOTLEY good at capturing the desperation of Reach.

Man, the story could have been so much more...

I was finishing up the weekly and kept thinking what if Jorge stayed alive, and he shed his armor attachments to become more nimble. Throughout POA he would have made references to Master Chief, the Spartan Program, and more about Reach as it was falling...

Ledsen

Louis Wu said:

Grab invisibility, jump on a mongoose, and drive up the stairs on the right. Activate invis, jump up the plant ledges, and activate the switch from below - it's way safer than trying to take out those two Brutes.

Holy Christ that took like 20 seconds. I've been trying for over an hour now. Thanks. Haven't really had that much trouble before this spot (on Heroic). I think so far Halo 2 has had the hardest campaign by far.

PooBone

Ken said:
Cole Protocol is easily my least favorite Halo book.

Evolutions is great, especially Karen Traviss' short story about Cortana and the Gravemind.

MIMIC

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
Why are you doing this? Why? According to your experience you played TeamSlayer? Why? Why do you play this shitty playlist? Squad Slayer and Team Objective don't have amour lock anymore. And the new TU will change armour lock.

Late thank you. I initially didn't know which playlists had armor lock and which ones didn't (other than Arena, but I typically try to avoid the "OMG we better not rank down" playlists as much as possible) so this was new info to me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Louis Wu said:

Lol how the fuck? How many times have you played campaign? I have no clue which part he's even at.

Top Bottom