• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Letters said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2mpfo00.jpg[IMG]
this is not a scan, but it's the same artwork that's on the oxm ad[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn170/gabotron18/SIMON-COWELL-HAPPY-GIF.gif

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2mpfo00.jpg[IMG]
this is not a scan, but it's the same artwork that's on the oxm ad

edit-

I'm thinking that everything but the chief might've been from a piece of concept from before the E3 backlash of reusing so many Reach assets. But I'm still confused at the marines in the PoA using those ugly bright uniforms form reach instead of the original dark olive ones with the metal plates.[/QUOTE]

Um is there any higher res version. That's freaking awesome as all hell.

wwm0nkey

From what I can tell looking at the Magazine they are using the Halo CE marines but for some reason there are only 2 army soldiers from Reach on there as well. They are literally the only 2 lol.

feel

Hypertrooper said:
Thanks, that explains the weapon and models stuff. And that was not my source, grabbed it from the /v/ cesspit and just rehosted it.

wwm0nkey said:
From what I can tell looking at the Magazine they are using the Halo CE marines but for some reason there are only 2 army soldiers from Reach on there as well. They are literally the only 2 lol.
Are you sure?? This is amazing! (for me)

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
Thanks, that explains the weapon and models stuff. And that was not my source, grabbed it from the /v/ cesspit and just rehosted it.

Are you sure?? This is amazing! (for me)
Wiat I missed the one next to the Warthog, make that only 3 lol

All marines are using the Reach rifle but this is concept art so whatever lol

Steelyuhas said:
Your dedication is extreme, and admirable.

Good luck my friend, and may you not get arrested for your outlandish actions.
Bad news, everyone.

It turns out that two hours of sleep isn't enough fuel to support such a properly planned course of action.

I might have a backup plan, though.

Hopefully the TU gametype tomorrow will be worth the trouble.

Homeboyd said:
TU hits the 21st and the custom gametype isn't guaranteed same day.
Today isn't the 20th? Whoa.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the gametype. :^(

Homeboyd

Hitmonchan107 said:
Bad news, everyone.

It turns out that two hours of sleep isn't enough fuel to support such a properly planned course of action.

TU hits the 21st and the custom gametype isn't guaranteed same day.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Bad news, everyone.

Wait haven't they confirmed that the gametype will not be released at the same time as the TU? Or did I miss something, is there going to be a bloomless gametype uploaded the day of the TU?

Hitmonchan107 said:
Bad news, everyone.

Today isn't the 20th? Whoa.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the gametype. :^(
You haven't failed. You just have a delay.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The first TU gametype will not be uploaded until a few days after the 21st. That's the latest we know.

People expecting any gametpes on the 21st might be setting themselves up for disappointment. Unless 343 are feeling generous. =)

Dani said:
The first TU gametype will not be uploaded until a few days after the 21st. That's the latest we know.

People expecting any gametpes on the 21st might be setting themselves up for disappointment. Unless 343 are feeling generous. =)
Didn't David say that they will upload a gametype after the TU hits?

Dani said:

I was really looking forward to playing Reach again on Wednesday. It's been too long.

I don't have the time to pick up a game and get frustrated. The TU will be the deciding factor on if I'll be playing Reach or another game until Halo 4.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I was really looking forward to playing Reach again on Wednesday. It's been too long.

I don't have the time to pick up a game and get frustrated. The TU will be the deciding factor on if I'll be playing Reach until Halo 4.
*sadface* Did you ever play with Drunk hypah? That will be the main factor if you'll be giving Reach another chance.

wwm0nkey said:
Oh man BF3 beta might be this week.

That should help the wait for the Custom Gametype to hit :p

I thought it was next week...?

EDIT: Aw shit, just caught up on the BF3 thread. To be honest, I don't need that this week, I have a lot of work to do lol.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Bad news, everyone.

All is not lost, there is no failure until you are not there in a TU custom.

That clip is hilarious lol.

feel

Tunavi said:
Zero Bloom Slayer > BF3 Beta >>>>>>> 85% Bloom
screw AAs and slow movement, Classic++ > all of that

I hope someone grabs that new no bloom and bleedthrough variant as soon as it drops and tackles all the changes of current Classic and puts it up for download within the hour.

on a semi-related note, Sprint does not get enough hate, people who love it sooooo much actually prefer to go fast only occasionally while having their ability to shoot their gun taken away instead of being able to go fast and shoot in every moment??? SMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Letters said:

I hope someone grabs that new no bloom and bleedthrough variant as soon as it drops and tackles all the changes of current Classic and puts it up for download within the hour.

on a semi-related note, Sprint does not get enough hate, people who love it sooooo much actually prefer to go fast only occasionally while having their ability to shoot their gun taken away instead of being able to go fast and shoot in every moment??? SMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh yeah, once Classic++ with Anniversary hits (dem maps, pistol, no AA's, 120 speed), I don't think I'll leave it.

Ramirez

Letters said:

Sprint+Melee is about a 100000x more annoying than AR+Beatdown ever was.

Booshka

120 feels sloppy, they would need to change the movement physics and inertia to make that speed feel okay. 110 is pretty good, but Sprint is just a way to make up for the slow speed in Default Reach, and also allows for some really sweet jumps and map movement.

I would prefer just the good ol' fashioned smooth quick Halo movement of Halo CE, but because the games keep getting slower, Sprint is just a band-aid trade off to the problem. Hopefully Halo 4 will move more quickly. I don't think the shitty movement in Reach is fixable, so we'll just have to deal with it how MLG dealt with it, which I think is 110 speed and 150 gravity, with no bloom, that should suffice as a pretty good Classic setting.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tunavi said:
They can make us happy or they can piss us off. Its up to them.

Yeah, that kind of attitude isn't welcome.

Hypertrooper said:
Didn't David say that they will upload a gametype after the TU hits?

Yeah, definitely after. A few days after. I remember they said clearly it wasn't going to be on the same day - there was some discussion here about why they would do that.

I want to try out the TU features as much as anyone so I'd be happy to be utterly wrong but I don't think I am.

FyreWulff

The Real Napsta said:

I was talking about the code that was posted in the open by Ellis before. People just scrape sites automatically for Live codes, although it's nowhere near as bad as Twitter (which is why most if not all Twitter code giveaways do the "replace the question marks" strategy)

Ones hidden under quotes should be safe
r

Also Deputy Moonman, check your PMs.

wwm0nkey

I can wait for the gametype, its not like 343 even have to give us that gametype, they could make us wait till October 4th if they really wanted too. Be happy they are nice and even giving us a gametype lol

orznge

Banned
(in FyreWulff voice) 343 posters: you have destroyed the original developer's intent instead of fixing bugs. What do you have to say for yourselves?

FyreWulff

wwm0nkey said:
I can wait for the gametype, its not like 343 even have to give us that gametype, they could make us wait till October 4th if they really wanted too. Be happy they are nice and even giving us a gametype lol

I'm wondering if the pre-release gametype will be locked to Spartans or not. If we have to wait until matchmaking, it's definitely locked to Spartans, unless we get the Spartans vs Elites setup from Halofest.

Top Bottom