• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

stephen08

I hope the gametype is 85% bloom. 0% is just ridiculous and since they are looking specifically at reducing and not eliminating bloom I am eager to see what 85% plays like.

Gui_PT

stephen08 said:
I hope the gametype is 85% bloom. 0% is just ridiculous and since they are looking specifically at reducing and not eliminating bloom I am eager to see what 85% plays like.

50% would be dope.

Homeboyd

Did anyone ever confirm the FF gametype that was played at TGS? The video we saw had players playing as both Spartans and Elites (the video showed the player shooting at a player controlled Elite.. or so it appeared) so Im guessing it was a Versus gametype.

Is this coming back? Or was it just some demo they had set up for TGS?

FyreWulff

Homeboyd said:
Did anyone ever confirm the FF gametype that was played at TGS? The video we saw had players playing as both Spartans and Elites (the video showed the player shooting at a player controlled Elite.. or so it appeared) so Im guessing it was a Versus gametype.

Is this coming back? Or was it just some demo they had set up for TGS?

did the opposing race trigger a red reticule? Then that's just Firefight's built in ability (just switch to Blue Team in the Firefight lobby to play as Elite)

If they were on the same team as Spartans and Elites, then that would be fairly interesting..

Ramirez

stephen08 said:

Ridiculously fun, I agree.

PNut

Banned
stephen08 said:

What's wrong with zero bloom? Did it not play well at HaloFest or something? All the videos I saw it looked fine.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
PNut said:
What's wrong with zero bloom? Did it not play well at HaloFest or something? All the videos I saw it looked fine.

Guys who play Team Slayer and still want some randomness in their game apparently.

Homeboyd

LAUGHTREY said:
Guys who play Team Slayer and still want some randomness in their game apparently.
Team Slayer as it is will continue to exist as it is.

The Anniversary 'Slayer' playlist however... that's where your win is. That, my friend, is where you'll want to be.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Homeboyd said:
Team Slayer as it is will continue to exist as it is.

The Anniversary 'Slayer' playlist however... that's where your win is. That, my friend, is where you'll want to be.

Why would anyone want anything besides 0% bloom? That's just...terrible...

PNut

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
I'm hoping for 100% bloom myself.

Your TU install should only have the option to increase bloom. 115% sound about right? :)

LAUGHTREY said:

Well, it'll still be there for em'.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
The only problem with zero bloom seems to be the dolphin gun.
Does it really need to be there everywhere in MM and hold back some playlists/gametypes from being decent? Nuke it where necessary 343i, it's a redundant weapon anyways.

LAUGHTREY said:

If you can manage to get people to vote for DMRs Team Slayer isn't so bad. With Booties and Tunavi I went on a 7 game win streak with +10 or better, even with a stupid random. Had to switch to something because Objective was unbearably laggy yesterday.

Even got a perfection.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lol wait, how big is the TU? I have like 25mb available on my HDD. I have a 60gb waiting to be used but I need a data transfer cable first.

vhfive

Tashi0106 said:
I'm hoping for 100% bloom myself.
t6e0ar.jpg

Homeboyd

Would be pretty funny if you could have 1 'bloomless' DMR on a map as a power weapon (perhaps a different color), that's placed in a centralized location while all others you spawn with or that are on the map have regular bloom.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Homeboyd said:
Would be pretty funny if you could have 1 'bloomless' DMR on a map as a power weapon (perhaps a different color), that's placed in a centralized location while all others you spawn with or that are on the map have regular bloom.
Please stop.

feel

They should put a single DMR with bloom in the maps. Have the model for it look all dirtied up and broken.
Tashi with the beeline for it every match

But more seriously, can't wait for the period post Nov15 release of CEA to get some clear playlists and gametypes to play and hopefully love. Everything coming before it just seems like a random half-baked unfulfilling mess.

stephen08 said:
It played fine but it just makes pretty much every other weapon useless except for power weapons. 3 shot pistol is even worse in that regard, unless it's a sniper or rockets don't bother picking it up.
Oh, so like the Halo I was addicted to before Reach? COOL! (though I might miss picking up the flu and running towards people sneezing and getting kills)

stephen08

PNut said:

It played fine but it just makes pretty much every other weapon useless except for power weapons. 3 shot pistol is even worse in that regard, unless it's a sniper or rockets don't bother picking it up.

stephen08 said:

Sounds great.

wwm0nkey

What the hell I had no idea these came out.

ats01d.jpg

Only $80 for a Wireless Stereo headset, I now know what my next paycheck is going to. Can not wait to play Reach with these without the worry of my mic wire shitting out on me :D

Ramirez

stephen08 said:

I never pick up anything other than a power weapon with a DMR+Bloom anyways, sandbox warriors crack me up.

But guys, zero bloom means no one will pick up the spiker and repeaters anymore! Oh, the humanity.

Booshka

wwm0nkey said:

http://i51.tinypic.com/ats01d.jpg[IMG]

Only $80 for a Wireless Stereo headset, I now know what my next paycheck is going to. Can not wait to play Reach with these without the worry of my mic wire shitting out on me :D[/QUOTE]
Never buy Wireless Headphones, too much of a hassle and low quality. Get a wired pair, probably cheaper too.

Booshka

Ramirez said:
I never pick up anything other than a power weapon with a DMR+Bloom anyways, sandbox warriors crack me up.

But guys, zero bloom means no one will pick up the spiker and repeaters anymore! Oh, the humanity.
Pretty much this, along with the DMR/NR I'll pick up the power weapons, Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Snipe/Focus, Shotgun, Sword, and maybe Concussion rifle. I also like to pick up Plasma Pistol for that melee cheese it allows, and for vehicles in BTB. Every other weapon can fuck off, those are enough for me. That is plenty of weapons to use, Spikers, Plasma repeaters/rifles AR's, needlers and whatever else is in this game are either useless or scrubby. They could be removed off the maps for all I care.

FyreWulff

The Real Napsta said:
Let's hope.

Judging off customs, nobody seems to bother to update their gametypes to use the MM Spartan locking in the first place.

wwm0nkey said:
The only problem with zero bloom seems to be the dolphin gun.

Assuming dolphin gun = NR, yeah, the zbNR automatically gave you headshots while firing at people's chests.

wwm0nkey

Booshka said:
Never buy Wireless Headphones, too much of a hassle and low quality. Get a wired pair, probably cheaper too.
I have the AX 720s but the wire to the mic always shits out and its like $12 to replace. Also this is using a 5.8GHz wireless connection rather than the 2.8 and I never had a problem with my 360 wireless headsets before so I am going to give it a shot, if they end up being shit I will just sell them on ebay for $70 or something.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
They should put a single DMR with bloom in the maps. Have the model for it look all dirtied up and broken.
Tashi with the beeline for it every match

Damn right!

Bloom or no bloom, the end result will be the same.

Booshka

wwm0nkey said:
I have the AX 720s but the wire to the mic always shits out and its like $12 to replace. Also this is using a 5.8GHz wireless connection rather than the 2.8 and I never had a problem with my 360 wireless headsets before so I am going to give it a shot, if they end up being shit I will just sell them on ebay for $70 or something.
Good luck

wwm0nkey said:

ats01d.jpg

Only $80 for a Wireless Stereo headset, I now know what my next paycheck is going to. Can not wait to play Reach with these without the worry of my mic wire shitting out on me :D

Wireless? eww

FyreWulff said:
Judging off customs, nobody seems to bother to update their gametypes to use the MM Spartan locking in the first place.

Good thing they won't have a choice if they want bloomless gameplay.

Sordid

Are party restrictions turned off in Squad Slayer now? Quite a few times recently I've been matched with 4 randoms against a a team of 5 :/ it seems every second game has a shit host now too, why is it happy to keep most everyone in yellow connections all game but when it's green it'll swap hosts? Bah, Reach is determined to put me off :*(

Here's two of my recent matchmaking fun times:

Excuse my flailing with the shotgun :lol he should've died though!

SAFE!
4BIwd.jpg

wait... wha?
5Zhqu.jpg

Top Bottom