• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

heckfu said:
I haven't seen anyone talk about National Talk Like a Pirate Day yet. Anyone down for donging tonight...AS PIRATES?

Sorry, I'm busy working on something but I do have some advice:

Stick to Squad Battle; apparently Team Slayer is full of ARRRRmor Lock.

ncsuDuncan said:
Sorry, I'm busy working on something but I do have some advice:

Stick to Squad Battle; apparently Team Slayer is full of ARRRRmor Lock.
citizen_cane.gif

I laughed hard.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
I honestly wouldn't mind bloom if latency didn't come into play in a lot of my games. It might be my high DL, low UP but there's not much I can do about it. I get really frustrated when shots are eaten or someone is no shield and the last shot doesn't finish them off. There's no reason for that with better netcode and hitscan in Reach.

That happens in every single game online. It's much better netcode but it's not perfect.

senador

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
That happens in every single game online. It's much better netcode but it's not perfect.

Right, so if its frustrating as is, why would you want to have a random mechanic between you and the game that just increases that frustration?

THAT is the main reason why so many are frustrated about bloom.

Merguson

Banned
senador said:
Right, so if its frustrating as is, why would you want to have a random mechanic between you and the game that just increases that frustration?

People just don't know how to handle the Cleansing Mechanic.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
OK good because I'm not trying to make people mad. I kind of feel like everyone expected me to hate bloom like everyone else.
Since you've never presented a serious reasoning to your support for bloom it's quite obvious that you don't actually care that much and that with bloom or no bloom you'll continue to love and dominate the game. So it can be a bit upsetting see you defend something just to troll the rest of us who honestly dislike the mechanic. It's like you enjoy our suffering instead of hoping for a game that makes us all happy.

Tashi

senador said:

Increases your frustration.

There's no winner in this battle. We might as well all get along.

Tashi

Never letters? Come on bro. Give me some credit. I know I've argued it before. WTF's the point of doing it now?

edit: And yea, I love coming into this thread and just seeing tears and rage everywhere. Makes me happy.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
Never letters? Come on bro. Give me some credit. I know I've argued it before. WTF's the point of doing it now?
I might've missed it :)

repost please

edit- and because these things are hard to transmit over the internet, please don't take this conversation in the wrong tone, it's just a friendly discussion ;)

Devolution said:
Avast, me hearties! Which of ye land lubbin' curs wants to fancy a game of Reach?

Forget that, you should all go play Halo 3 so you could be the ARRRRbiter.

If you stick to Reach, you could play some Team Objective. I hear Fyrewulff loves the starting weapon: the D. M. ARRRR.

Of course, it might have some frustrating gametype like 1-Bomb Assault on Boneyarrrrrd.
Did they ever turn off instant-arrrrrm?

heckfu

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:

If you stick to Reach, you could play some Team Objective. I hear Fyrewulff loves the starting weapon: the D. M. ARRRR.

Of course, it might have some frustrating gametype like 1-Bomb Assault on Boneyarrrrrd.

what have i done.

Tashi

Letters said:
I might've missed it :)

repost please

Fair enough. I'm not going to dig through the beta thread and all other threads though lol. I don't feel the need to prove my point or argue 1 vs 100
Great XBL game ever?

I'll let my gameplay speak for itself.

Speaking of gameplay, you guys gonna root for me at MLG Orlando? I'll keep the thread updated with stats and such if anyone cares. I was planning on tweeting pics and stats and stuff like that.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
OK good because I'm not trying to make people mad. I kind of feel like everyone expected me to hate bloom like everyone else.

Why would anyone care anymore about your opinion of game mechanics over another person here?

WELL, I expected Tashi to hate it too, his opinion is so valuable when arguing with other people on the internets, but he threw a wrench in my plan. :(

Nap time before Gears! WOO

Tashi0106 said:
Fair enough. I'm not going to dig through the beta thread and all other threads though lol. I don't feel the need to prove my point or argue 1 vs 100
Great XBL game ever?

Speaking of gameplay, you guys gonna root for me at MLG Orlando? I'll keep the thread updated with stats and such if anyone cares. I was planning on tweeting pics and stats and stuff like that.

Sorry, can't root for someone that likes bloom.

Kidding <3

vhfive

Tashi0106 said:
Regardless of who wins this, Ryanoob is hands down the better team player and that's all that matters. I'll be cheering for him in Orlando.
yup. Ninja's a whiny bitch who thinks he's way better than he actually is

senador

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Increases your frustration.

There's no winner in this battle. We might as well all get along.

Sorry, wasn't trying to have a battle with you. It just seemed you were justifying away why Devo and others don't like bloom.

We can still get along. :)

senador said:
Sorry, wasn't trying to have a battle with you. It just seemed you were justifying away why Devo and others don't like bloom.

We can still get along. :)

You're spot on btw though. If it's hard enough dealing with latency sans bloom why add in a mechanic that makes it so you have to battle latency even more?

Tashi

Ramirez said:
Why would anyone care anymore about your opinion of game mechanics over another person here?

WELL, I expected Tashi to hate it too, his opinion is so valuable when arguing with other people on the internets, but he threw a wrench in my plan. :(

Nap time before Gears! WOO

I've seen it before. And not for providing a better argument, that's not what I meant.

And yea Senador, I didn't mean actually battling lol. I love everyone. But letters, he hurt my feelings.

I can't wait until tomorrow when this thread turns into, "wow dedicated servers OMG!" It's gonna happen.

This Ninja 1v1 is so entertaining. He's such a herb. He acts as if beating ryanoob in a 1v1 does anything for him. It just fuels his ego.

I'm considering setting aside a pretty hefty sum of money to try and get FIOS. It's actually a joke how I can play this game so much and not enjoy it to it's fullest. Hopefully a better connection will rectify this.

Oozer3993

Tashi0106 said:
Great XBL game ever?

You have my DMR. I gotta rep my bloom-liking brethren.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
stephen08 said:
It played fine but it just makes pretty much every other weapon useless except for power weapons. 3 shot pistol is even worse in that regard, unless it's a sniper or rockets don't bother picking it up.

Oh jesus. yeah just like no one used anything but the pistol in 1 or the br in 2 right?

Tashi0106 said:
Great XBL game ever?

Most fucking definitely. Take faces.
Did your last team mates end up placing well? (the ones who bailed on you). Sorry if you already posted this.

Tashi

A27 Tawpgun said:
Tashi, do you know if MLG is even considering changing bloom?

And if they do are you going to have enough Adaption?

My guess is that MLG 2012 will feature a bloomless Halo Reach.

I have enough Adaption in me for sure. Reach has only been out for a year. It took me over a year to get good at Halo 3.

edit: Account, I don't know if I ever explained the situation that well. One of my teammates who bailed was pretty much forced to because the other teammate bailed. He got put in a really shitty situation. I know deep down he really didn't want to bail on me but kind of had no choice. We didn't have a team after the other guy decided to leave. So now I'm teaming with him again and we're all on a team that we want to be on. Everyone is friends and real cool with each other and I honestly couldn't be happier with this team. My teammate got 4 points when he left the old team so now my team has 4 points. Not much but makes a difference when the vast majority of teams at events don't have points.

We're getting in some scrims against some good teams and are showing some promise. I really hope to do well at this event.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Tashi, do you know if MLG is even considering changing bloom?

And if they do are you going to have enough Adaption?

Bloom will probably stay until the end of the season because there is only one event that is a reasonable time-frame after the TU to implement such a huge change, but next year there is very little chance that bloom stays in MLG settings.

Speaking of that 1v1, why do so many streamers (MLG pros in particular) have the stupid web-cam setup. I really don't want to look at your face, just want to watch the game.

Steelyuhas said:
Bloom will probably stay until the end of the season because there is only one event that is a reasonable time-frame after the TU to implement such a huge change, but next year there is very little chance that bloom stays in MLG settings.

Speaking of that 1v1, why do so many streamers (MLG pros in particular) have the stupid web-cam setup. I really don't want to look at your face, just want to watch the game.

I just find it interesting how their face doesn't always match up with the image I get in my head when I hear their voice.

kylej

Banned
Devolution said:
Kyle, Booshka, Merg, you guys unable to get on dat Reach or what =O.

Eating dinner. I'll be back in 45 min.

Steelyuhas said:

Juices :(

Devolution said:
I just find it interesting how their face doesn't always match up with the image I get in my head when I hear their voice.

The voices themselves do the same sometimes lol. People that know me IRL often say that I sound much different over XBL from what I sound like like in person.

kylej said:

Juices doesn't web-cam it, does he?!

Have I just learned to block it out lol?

Steelyuhas said:
The voices themselves do the same sometimes lol. People that know me IRL often say that I sound much different over XBL from what I sound like like in person.

I sound different just changing mics and stuff =S.

wwm0nkey

Ugh I have to white screen my HDTV for a few hours due to screen burn in, it showed up REALLY badly while playing a few Forge maps.

Karl2177

For the TU gametype, I'd like to see 85% bloom. Zero bloom would be great, but I still want to see how it would play with bloom implemented more correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong but with 85%, the bloom reticle doesn't expand past the outer reticle.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:

Please tell me you own Age of Booty.

Booshka

Devolution said:
Kyle, Booshka, Merg, you guys unable to get on dat Reach or what =O.
Most of the time I would rather watch Pro streams of Reach than play it, but I'll get on in a bit if you are still on to play.

Got my Onyx in Season 9, didn't even play very often or well, but I'll probably never play Arena again until Season 10. Just get Onyx every season with the bare minimum effort then never play it again.

I was amazed at people willingly voting for Sword Base and Countdown, Countdown was actually worse for camping with Sword/Shotgun than Sword Base, I was surprised. Boardwalk plays pretty well though. I got matched with a decent squad and we won 5 out 6. Lost badly on the Countdown campfest.

Top Bottom