• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Gui_PT

xxjuicesxx said:
Id only want one or two but I want a lot of HaloGAF, and you just only get a small percentage and its all newbies its just not "HaloGAF" to me. Someone else can do it if they want.

Well that sucks. It's not like people would have to do anything, right? Just put the videos in their fileshare.

Bunch of lazy bums.

Woorloog

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Who from HaloGAF is getting Gears 3 and/or BF3 Beta and the full game?
Skipping Gears 3 (i'll get it from sale later probably and once i've finished GoW1-2).
Getting BF3 beta for 360
Getting BF3 for 360 day one.

And i wonder when i'll have time to play Reach with TU... Not going to be online other than test the TU custom gametype before the beta hopper goes online.

Tawpgun

What might be cool is to have one set of hoppers/playlists, and in the playlist lobby you could select if you want it ranked or social.

Also, arena should be dissolved. Arena rankings spread to every playlist.

Woorloog

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Do that and i'll quit completly.
1-50 or bust.

EDIT well, probably i wouldn't quit... but i wouldn't like that one bit.
Too boring system and felt rather meaningless in the bea.

Striker

A27 Tawpgun said:
What might be cool is to have one set of hoppers/playlists, and in the playlist lobby you could select if you want it ranked or social.

I would like that if they at least fixed some of the playlists already. CTF Slayer in TO, for example. If they didn't have the 4-player max local in TO, they could add more maps into the playlist, like Kingdom and Select, for example. The playlist is thin as hell for map variety.

They could keep Arena's settings, and just nix Team Slayer and call The Arena "Team Slayer" after.

Woorloog said:
1-50 or bust.
I'll take a 1-50 if it is challenging to level up, otherwise it can stay out.

Havok

Woorloog said:
1-50 or bust.

EDIT well, probably i wouldn't quit... but i wouldn't like that one bit.
Too boring system and felt rather meaningless in the bea.
It's a better system than a 1-50 ranking where there's no discernible difference between a 49 and a 50, both of which are far too easy to achieve. There's a reason that Starcraft uses a similar division ranking instead of numerical progression, and that's a game more suited to competitive play by a mile.

Crucio

Yeah I'm going to get BF3 for sure. However I'm not sure on which platform. We will see.

As for the Halo 4 Beta, if there will ever be one for the public, I think it will be playable around the usual time(April-June). I'm also guessing that the CEA disc will grant acess to it, just like the ODST disc did.

feel

xxjuicesxx said:
Id only want one or two but I want a lot of HaloGAF, and you just only get a small percentage and its all newbies its just not "HaloGAF" to me. Someone else can do it if they want.
Maybe after Anniversary people will have more clips they're proud about. It's harder to pull off impressive stuff in Reach (unless you're really really good) with how fast you die after getting the first kill. I've literally only made one great play in over a year and it was with the sniper rifle, in the previous years I used to pull off something spectacular at least every two months.

wwm0nkey

Crucio said:
Yeah I'm going to get BF3 for sure. However I'm not sure on which platform. We will see.

As for the Halo 4 Beta, if there will ever be one for the public, I think it will be playable around the usual time(April-June). I'm also guessing that the CEA disc will grant acess to it, just like the ODST disc did.
Nope Frankie already said that if there is a beta it will not be with CEA.

With that in mind an open download beta on XBL makes sense. Again we are not sure if Halo 4 will even have a beta.

Crucio

wwm0nkey said:
Nope Frankie already said that if there is a beta it will not be with CEA.

With that in mind an open download beta on XBL makes sense. Again we are not sure if Halo 4 will even have a beta.
Ah.. I thought he said it wouldn't bundle or ship with CEA. Thought maybe it couldve been added.

So then the Beta is most likely going to be exclusive to code giveaways or a new method!
A27_StarWolf said:
I think a public beta might take away some of the hype and surprise from the game.
Yeah I had that on the back of my mind. Halo 4 Beta almost seems wrong in a way.

wwm0nkey

A27_StarWolf said:
I think a public beta might take away some of the hype and surprise from the game.
I do kind of want to go into Halo 4 fresh myself but I think a public open beta is needed to win some people back on Halo.

That or a Halo 3 sized advertisement campaign

Crucio said:
Ah.. I thought he said it wouldn't bundle or ship with CEA. Thought maybe it couldve been added.

So then the Beta is most likely going to be exclusive to code giveaways or a new method!

Yeah I had that on the back of my mind. Halo 4 Beta almost seems wrong in a way.
pre-order Halo 4?

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
pre-order Halo 4?
no preorders codes. if the beta happens it should just be open. I am tired of all the "buy this" or "pre-order that" to get a beta. Just make it open, you get more feedback that way too.

wwm0nkey said:
no preorders codes. if the beta happens it should just be open. I am tired of all the "buy this" or "pre-order that" to get a beta. Just make it open, you get more feedback that way too.
Seriously? If a beta is open, a lot of people think it is a demo. That it's my thought.

And I only answered his question of other methods...

Sai-kun

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
Seriously? If a beta is open, a lot of people think it is a demo. That it's my thought.

And I only answered his question of other methods...

I think more people think it's a demo if it's only coming out the month before the game is out (Hello, Battlefield.)

If they have it months before the game is out, and maybe showcase some of the changes, it'll be clear that it's a beta.

wwm0nkey

Sai-kun said:
I think more people think it's a demo if it's only coming out the month before the game is out (Hello, Battlefield.)

If they have it months before the game is out, and maybe showcase some of the changes, it'll be clear that it's a beta.
That or just have a black screen before the game starts up saying in big bold letters.

"This is a Beta and does not represent the final product."

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:

Exactly. Those that do it for preorders and other such shit are only glorified demos. It's a waste too because you've already freaking got their 60 bucks. I want a real damn beta like the Halo games have been. Open to everyone to try. Sure some idiots will treat it like a demo too but this way there will be enough who give a shit that can give good feedback.

I know if there is a beta I'll be playing it for damn sure because it could win me over. As is I'm renting Halo 4 first. A beta could sway that closer to a buy because I'll have gotten to see how I like the gameplay controls etc, and I'll be able to get a better idea also what they may be aiming for Aesthetic wise. I know I'm not going to be alone too.

senador

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
That or just have a black screen before the game starts up saying in big bold letters.

"This is a Beta and does not represent the final product."

Ha, if you know anything about usability, you'd know that this wouldn't matter. Most people just close windows and don't read details they don't want to. It helps but it won't matter necessarily.

I don't care either way on the beta and I don't think it really matters if people think its a demo (in a way it is and some good publicity if done right), just pointing that bit out.

vhfive

kylej said:
Please tell me you saw Ryanoob's ridiculous 1v1 against Goofy last night. Global recorded it and uploaded it a few hours ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQFVt7GzH_Qa&t=0m48s starts at 50 seconds in case the time stamp doesnt work

the blains are biblical
2w2lcv8.gif

Tawpgun

A27_StarWolf said:
Look at it this way.

H2 had no beta. Glitches and bugs galore.

Mw2, gears 2, had no betas... Lol.

Halo 3, Cod4/waw, reach, and gears 3 had betas... Clean games resulted.

I think a beta for Halo 4 is really important. For many of the guys working at 343, it's the first non-remake Halo game they've worked on so they have to nail te feel of a Halo game. For me, no other game has ever felt like Halo and it shouldn't get lost with a new developer.

I have trust in 343 that they will do it right but with a beta, the community can say when something just doesn't feel right.

Gui_PT

xxjuicesxx said:
Where my dongers at? Trying to get myself a running riot, would like to not struggle.

Living Dead, homie! Got it in my first match (hey, I have other stuff to do, you know?)

Tha Robbertster said:
I think a beta for Halo 4 is really important. For many of the guys working at 343, it's the first Halo game they've worked on so they have to nail te feel of a Halo game. For me, no other game has ever felt like Halo and it shouldn't get lost with a new developer.

I have trust in 343 that they will do it right but with a beta, the community can say when something just doesn't feel right.
Wait. Did they cancel Anniversary?

wwm0nkey

Have to let my TV rest for a few hours (white screening my Burn in away) but is anyone up for some mini-games and Matchmaking later?

wwm0nkey

Ken said:
Yeah I am.

Was on Reach earlier but everyone was off doing their own thing so I jumped onto MvC3, and I'm getting cheesed by cheap players.
Ok its going to be a few hours though, this TV was on for at least 5 hours on a white screen with everything maxed so its going to be awhile before it cools down. Hopefully this gets rid of the rest of the burn in though, did it yesterday and a decent chunk was gone :D

Sai-kun said:
Good lord, you have what seems to literally be the worst luck with teammates ever.

I knew I was going to lose those games purely based on the overall kd's of each player which I checked before the games began. If I can tell the game is uneven before it starts, how the fuck does the true- "too accurate at tabulating players skill level, so we removed the 1-50 number"- skill not?

Shall be checking out the BF3 beta, on 360 & PC, to see if it's fo' me.
Used to be a big fan of BF back on BF2 & 2142, but got burned out.

As for a Halo 4 beta, 80% of the reason to have a public one is for the marketing bonus it gives. It'll probably happen.

feel

I'm crossing my fingers that because of their time working on CEA, its perfect feel is ingrained in their mind and that translates to Halo 4 feeling right from the get go. The bad news is that they've been touching Reach too and some of that filth could carry over.

Zeouterlimits said:
Shall be checking out the BF3 beta, on 360 & PC, to see if it's fo' me.
Used to be a big fan of BF back on BF2 & 2142, but got burned out.

As for a Halo 4 beta, 80% of the reason to have a public one is for the marketing bonus it gives. It'll probably happen.
The Titan gametype was so awesome IMO. Too bad 2142 failed because of his release date. It should have been a expansion pack.

Sai-kun said:
Ahhh come on, you know what he means. Their first *original* Halo game.
Of course. But CEA is their first Halo game and he didn't mention it. :^P

Letters said:
I'm crossing my fingers that because of their time working on CEA, its perfect feel is ingrained in their mind and that translates to Halo 4 feeling right from the get go. The bad news is that they've been touching Reach too and some of that filth could carry over.
A few of them touched me. That's the bigger problem.

Havok said:
Considering big chunks of it was outsourced to Saber and CA, I don't think it really counts.
tbh. right now, we only know that Saber did/is doing the graphical layer. But we don't know, how they work together. Maybe it's 50/50 thing? 343i did some art and engine stuff and Saber did some art and engine stuff.

Edit.: It's kind of complicated to judge if it is their first game or it is not, because a lot of different studios are working on it. And we don't know, how much 343i is involved. Otherwise it is a Bungie game. :p We forgot the roots!

Gui_PT said:
He's just trolling, you know?

No feeding him!
I only trolled, when I'd quoted Robbster's post. I didn't troll, when I'd quoted Sai's post.

Edit 2.: If you're feeling insulted for the troll now, Robbster. I'm sorry. =(

FyreWulff said:
Been confirmed multiple times that the power of the multiplayer pistol was a bug, they beefed it up for campaign in the last hours and didn't have time to go back and fix it for multiplayer.

Yeah imagine how bad it would have been if that accident didnt happen. That accident made Halo CE such a fantastic multiplayer game.

Imagine a multiplayer game where the only real precision weapon was a 6 shot kill. No thanks! Halo would have been good for single player but I really dont think it would have ever kicked off as a multiplayer series. (After all the only reason the Halo 2 BR exists is because of the Halo 1 Pistol.)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
bobs99 ... said:
That accident made Halo CE such a fantastic multiplayer game.

The Pistol did not elevate CE's multiplayer from bad to good. I can't believe anyone would even try to say that a single weapon allowed millions of players to enjoy Halo's multiplayer - and they wouldn't have done without its inclusion.

Halo multiplayer was good despite the Pistol's inclusion, not because of it. If the weapon was so damm perfect and universally praised then it wouldn't have been nerfed to hell and back and replaced by the BR in Halo 2 and other weapons onwards.

Top Bottom