• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Lazslo

heckfu said:
michaelboley1.gif
Did this Gif happen last night? I wonder if that guy #59 got fined. I had Eli, Jacobs and Manningham playing this week on my Fantasy team and they pushed me over for the victory, love them G-Men. Oh yeah and Halo is fun.

PNut

Banned
If someone actually ran the data I bet there are 3x more quitters in Reach than Halo 3. It's actually quite amazing how many people quit games.

FyreWulff

Letters said:
Unless it's not popular in the beta hoppers (lol yeah right) it's very likely that it will be in every slayer/objective playlist. Just like the tweaked armor abilities and slightly reduced bloom. They won't keep old Reach around alongside a better version of it, that's just confusing and redundant.

We've already been promised that vanilla Reach will remain in matchmaking.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1094802

feel

FyreWulff said:
We've already been promised that vanilla Reach will remain in matchmaking.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1094802
Mmm, that post does seem to say just that, I was under the impression before that they meant that they were gonna fix vanilla Reach while keeping its style of gameplay intact (AAs, Bloom, slow movement). Great, now with old Reach keeping hold of most of MM, improved Reach gameplay is gonna occupy matchmaking space that could've gone to more good Classic playlists. sigh

But then again, if the one or two classic playlists are not good enough, I might get into gears 3 or Bf3 for a while as my main online game until Halo 4, it might prove to be a nice change of pace not having Halo as my main.

v v Yeah.. this kind of playlist management does not bode well for Halo 4, but I'll reserve judgement until after the release of CEA, we don't actually have clear picture yet of the shape of reach/cea matchmaking, just hints and random conflicting reports

The playlist management of TU capabilities and CEA maps is going to be very interesting. It's also what I'm most concerned about for the TU and CEA.

Nutter

ncsuDuncan said:
We've gone over this before. It depends on your definition of Vanilla Reach.

They're not replacing it with Classic/Chocolate Reach, but don't complain when Vanilla Reach gets a few sprinkles.

Knowing him, he will write off Halo 4, oh wait he already sort of did.

I have not played this game for a couple of days and it feels nice. Gears will be here tomorrow, so will do some COOP with that.

Crucio

Looks like a late update this week? Well it was early last week so. That's cool.
Edit: Right.. I'm looking at "Wednesday 12:15AM" Got confused. Lawl. Been thinking a day ahead all day today.

Tashi0106 said:
Here's my reaction to that as it happened live last night. I replayed it in slow mo about 10 times. :lol It was too funny.

http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii/b/295587612

edit:I also just got back from seeing "Drive" Such a great movie. Man, so satisfying. Amazing soundtrack too. Go see it everyone, for real.
Why did that guy throw the ball at him? The Hell.

Also I wish Drive was available in our city tonight. We were going to see Warrior and it got canceled one day prior because of some Pearl Jam thing. Piss off!
We saw Contagion.......... god sakes. What a waste of time and 6$!!!

ElRenoRaven

Crucio said:
Looks like a late update this week? Well it was early last week so. That's cool.

Why did that guy throw the ball at him? The Hell.

Also I wish Drive was available in our city tonight. We were going to see Warrior and it got canceled one day prior because of some Pearl Jam thing. Piss off!
We saw Contagion.......... god sakes. What a waste of time and 6$!!!

Um they don't usually go up till Wednesday. Today is Tuesday.

PNut said:
If someone actually ran the data I bet there are 3x more quitters in Reach than Halo 3. It's actually quite amazing how many people quit games.

Doubt it. Three times as much is extreme, people quit all the time in Halo 3 as well.

Tashi0106 said:
Here's my reaction to that as it happened live last night. I replayed it in slow mo about 10 times. :lol It was too funny.

http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii/b/295587612

edit:I also just got back from seeing "Drive" Such a great movie. Man, so satisfying. Amazing soundtrack too. Go see it everyone, for real.

Haha that's great.

I didn't see that play until today on Sportscenter, my roommate and I rewound and watched it about 10 times as well. Hilarious!

kylej

Banned
Mojo said:
lol went to play TC last night and

fGIpI.jpg

Meanwhile, 2,000+ in Zombies

Team Rifles or whatever it's called in Classic is hilarious. How is the Needle Rifle more 'classic' than the BR replacement? Bungie just give people a DMR jesus christ. Shades of Shishka.

AR gametypes on grey Legos. I feel sorry for those 16 people.

Tunavi said:
Ll107.png

Should say TRY ZOMBIES LOL

Didn't know that message existed lol.

kylej said:
Team Rifles or whatever it's called in Classic is hilarious. How is the Needle Rifle more 'classic' than the BR replacement? Bungie just give people a DMR jesus christ. Shades of Shishka.

AR gametypes on grey Legos. I feel sorry for those 16 people.

The 110 dmg NR is a 6sk instead of 7sk. It's used to get a faster kill time out of precision weapon, being more akin to Halo's with faster kill times.

Embrace the dolphin gun bro

wwm0nkey said:
Its officially TU day :D

Not on the best coast.

kylej

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
The 110 dmg NR is a 6sk instead of 7sk. It's used to get a faster kill time out of precision weapon, being more akin to Halo's with faster kill times.

Embrace the dolphin gun bro

That thing sucks. I never want to use the needle rifle.

kylej said:
That thing sucks. I never want to use the needle rifle.

U mad bro?

I don't play classic much, just explaining why the NR is used. I have no issues with the dolphin myself though.

Tashi0106 said:
I fuckin hate that thing. I hate getting shot with it too. Shots hit too ofte., very annoying.

Shots hit too often eh? Welcome to the TU!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If you think that I'm implying I like DMR because bloom causes shots to miss, you're reading into it too much lol. I mean that the time between shots is less with the NR than the DMR.

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:
If you think that I'm implying I like DMR because bloom causes shots to miss, you're reading into it too much lol. I mean that the time between shots is less with the NR than the DMR.
I just wanted an excuse to use that gif lol

heckfu

Banned
Lazslo said:
Did this Gif happen last night? I wonder if that guy #59 got fined. I had Eli, Jacobs and Manningham playing this week on my Fantasy team and they pushed me over for the victory, love them G-Men. Oh yeah and Halo is fun.

definitely did! and i doubt it, it was completely unintentional and asked that guy into the locker room after the game to hug it out because he had no idea it happened.

The Real Napsta said:
I wonder what the reasoning is behind not uploading the TU gametype right away?

I assume just to make sure the TU deploys without a hitch, and to give themselves some time to fix it if something goes wrong before deploying a gametype.

OT but god damn isn't it awesome when you get a new album full of music and you like just about every track?

Halo 4 better be like this. >=o.

ElRenoRaven

Devolution said:
OT but god damn isn't it awesome when you get a new album full of music and you like just about every track?

Yes it is. That's a very rare occurrence now days.

Devolution said:

So good.

I've been in sonic bliss the past few weeks with the Chili Peppers' 'I'm With You' and a friend of mine turned me onto Foster the People's 'Torches'.

Top Bottom