• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

FyreWulff

24 minutes past usual TU deployment times and no TU for me.

Unfortunately it's not like dash updates where you can usually force it by doing a network test, so it's load game -> dashboard -> load game -> dashboard until bleep bloop

Decided to play Halo 3 campaign again while waiting

nEi60.png

FyreWulff

Tests Round 1:

- Update is 2MB
- the "1.1" just seems like they stuck it on the title screen wherever.
- It is NOT using the new permanent patch system for 360 titles.

Just for shits and giggles, even though they outlined everything in the TU already:

- You can still fire the Gauss Hog through FW Structure objects
- No new armory pieces or Firefight options

onwards to round 2

FyreWulff said:
Tests Round 1:

- Update is 2MB
- the "1.1" just seems like they stuck it on the title screen wherever.
- It is NOT using the new permanent patch system for 360 titles.

Just for shits and giggles, even though they outlined everything in the TU already:

- You can still fire the Gauss Hog through FW Structure objects
- No new armory pieces or Firefight options

onwards to round 2
Ehm. That was already known...

2 more hours before I'm off work and able to download it. So how are you guys testing stuff out? Campaign? Custom maps?

Unrelated, I've got a second forged map that I really, really enjoy playing on: Select
That map joins 'Kingdom' as a map that feels like the traditional, high standard Halo maps you'd expect from a Halo game.

Karl2177

Gabotron ES said:
I just downloaded the TU and want to play the new gametype so much! hope it will be up soon.
Downloaded and off to class. Hopefully it'll be up by 11:00 today. I doubt it, but it would be pretty sweet to have it for lunch before I go to chem lab in the afternoon.

343i can you push out the TU for the Halo Reach preview disc now?

I not getting the update with it.

Also, it looks like 1.1 Reach can't LAN with 1.0 Reach.

Karl2177 said:
Downloaded and off to class. Hopefully it'll be up by 11:00 today. I doubt it, but it would be pretty sweet to have it for lunch before I go to chem lab in the afternoon.
It would be cool if they put the gametype on their fileshare just to remove it shortly so people actually waiting for it to appear as a downloadable option can play it like there's no tomorrow and share it with some friends. DO EET!

HiredN00bs said:
Not getting the TU prompt on the Games on Demand version. Is it not available to everyone right away?

I have the XBL preview disc and I don't get the prompt either. It looks like its only for the retail disc at the moment.

The Real Napsta said:
I have the XBL preview disc and I don't get the prompt either. It looks like its only for the retail disc at the moment.
I take it from that LAN comment you've got 2 boxes, one with the TU and one without? Do you think you could test 1.0/1.1 saved film compatibility?

HiredN00bs said:
I take it from that LAN comment you've got 2 boxes, one with the TU and one without? Do you think you could test 1.0/1.1 saved film compatibility?

I do, and I will, hold on.

EDIT:

Reach 1.1 plays Reach 1.0 films just fine.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dani said:
LOL

We're going to see a lot more posts like this.

To answer, yes, technically yes and none.

Dammit Dani, I am in this thread every day I just rarely pay attention between the bloom arguments and Frankie posting pictures. :p

Deadly Cyclone said:
Dammit Dani, I am in this thread every day I just rarely pay attention between the bloom arguments and Frankie posting pictures. :p
Heh, perhaps, but the point has been beaten into the ground for the past 2 weeks.
Kind of why the TU doesn't even make me blink till the gametype is up, which I give another few days.

FyreWulff said:
Jones would have been adjusting it for campaign.

Here's an interview with one of the two guys that worked on Halo 1 multi:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=20533
So you're suggesting that before Jones came in and worked his magic, campaign damage tables made it so that red elites took 24 pistol shots to kill on Legendary?!? It was a multiplayer change dude...

Posting the Griesemer interview again for your edification (the part you want is at 37:40 or so). It's so silly that we're still "arguing" about this when he literally says everything you need to know about the M6D change (other than who made the decision - though Deputy Moonman has explained that too).

So another weird problem:

I put the Halo Reach preview disc in the 360 that already had the 1.1 update from the retail Halo Reach disc.

The menu with the preview disc in (again, in the 1.1 box) does NOT have 1.1 on the main menu.

So you can't use a retail disc to install the update and then play it with the preview disc.

kylej

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
Even without the predictable spawns, this is what I dislike about Halo nowadays. It's always a devolution into someone picking up the sniper rifle and going to town. People can say what they want, but there's almost no way to counter it. Such an awful implementation of weapon balance. In fact, it's absolutely horrid.
slow regular weapon kill times equal a massive imbalance in the weapon sandbox since power weapons have never been nerfed and are more plentiful than ever on each map

If all you took from that video is "Wow, I wish the plasma rifle was more powerful", I don't know what to say. Except you probably already work at Bungie or 343. It's two pros playing 1v1. There is nothing remotely similar to what you just saw occurring in regular matchmaking.

orznge said:
thankfully it seems like 343 is fairly self-aware about some design decisions so maybe they can make a decent game (you know like beyond weird design philosophy like "let's balance this around things people would assert at the absolute minimum level of proficiency required to make something happen on the screen in the game")

also just want to bring attention to this A+ banger of a post. sums up Bungie's game design so beautifully.

PooBone

Been strolling through that modacity thread Corrine Yu was poking around in, and it was bringing back a very strange sense of nostalgia and new at the same time. I've never used Halo Custom Edition even though I have it installed, but I've played through Halo PC about 10 or12 times and used to play the shit out of the out-of-the-box multiplayer.

Last time I tried to boot up Halo Custom Edition after downloading it I ran into some sort of issue and kinda said to hell with it. Now I've been inspired to give it another try. Anyone have any suggestions for good single player mods? I'll definitely be checking out Project Lumoria.

"Update Required - An update is available for this game from Xbox Live. Do you want to apply this update now?"

It never felt that good to press the "Download now" button...

KORPAH

Neo Member
Hypertrooper said:
"Update Required - An update is available for this game from Xbox Live. Do you want to apply this update now?"

It never felt that good to press the "Download now" button...

Except no one sees the changes until the gametypes come out... :/

wwm0nkey

Yeah pretty much everyone with a preview disc or marketplace download is having issues.

Hopefully this gets fixed within the day.

Top Bottom