• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

PooBone

FyreWulff said:
No, I don't listen to podcasts anymore. I fall asleep halfway into th*zzzzzzzzz*. Last one I listened to was the last Bungie podcast.

Seriously though, I had to stop after everyone started doing 2-3 hour podcasts. I had to edit a podcast once and it started running 4 hours for each episode almost. I had to put my foot down and force them to exert some directorial control.

T-minus one hour until I can run my test(s)
Well you should listen to it, because it's good, and you'd realize your statement about the pistol being a bug is incorrect. The pistol in campaign works exactly as intended, and the designer (Jones) beefed it up for MP before shipping.

wwm0nkey

The Real Napsta said:
Do you not have your retail disc anymore?
After I got the preview disc I gave my retail one to a friend who can't exactly afford a lot of games.

Regardless though you think this would work on the preview and retail versions too.

Also are only 22k people on?

PooBone

Anyone?
PooBone said:
Been strolling through that modacity thread Corrine Yu was poking around in, and it was bringing back a very strange sense of nostalgia and new at the same time. I've never used Halo Custom Edition even though I have it installed, but I've played through Halo PC about 10 or12 times and used to play the shit out of the out-of-the-box multiplayer.

Last time I tried to boot up Halo Custom Edition after downloading it I ran into some sort of issue and kinda said to hell with it. Now I've been inspired to give it another try. Anyone have any suggestions for good single player mods? I'll definitely be checking out Project Lumoria.

wwm0nkey said:
After I got the preview disc I gave my retail one to a friend who can't exactly afford a lot of games.

Regardless though you think this would work on the preview and retail versions too.

Around that number for me, but it isn't really the high hours atm.

I hope you'll be able to download the TU soon

wwm0nkey

Tha Robbertster said:
Around that number for me, but it isn't really the high hours atm.

I hope you'll be able to download the TU soon
Well its not just me lol a lot of people got the preview discs and I am sure a decent chunk of people also downloaded it via XBLM.

Sure 343i will get it fixed within the day though.

NOKYARD

Deadly Cyclone said:
Did Devin ever pick a name for their tricking site? I emailed him a handful.
TrickIt

Devolution said:
Which one of you guys is Andrew H. that just added me on G+?
heckfu said:
Me. Found Dongblain and made sweeping additions to my GAF circle.
[edit] I was going to guess goatrope (Andrew Halabourda). Devin's partner at TrickIt and one of the 2 halo community members who have added their profiles to my 360's HDD. Not sure if he is on gaf, and if he is it would likely be for a different game.

lybertyboy said:
I wouldn't stay up if you're waiting on the gametype.

We're going to hold back the gametype for a bit to ensure that the update is going out smoothly to everyone.
Everyone keeps saying gametype. Which actual variant is it? (incase you were wondering i am looking for a Neutral Assault variant to test)

wwm0nkey

hey guys guess what? I can't even play Reach or join any of you without the update :p

2sb6deq.jpg

wwm0nkey said:
hey guys guess what? I can't even play Reach or join any of you without the update :p

[IM]http://i54.tinypic.com/2sb6deq.jpg[/IMG]

I can pop in my preview disc if you want. This is going to make matchmaking a joke today though.

wwm0nkey

The Real Napsta said:
I can pop in my preview disc if you want. This is going to make matchmaking a joke today though.
No I am good, just going to wait till it gets fixed which I hope to god is sometime this week.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
wwm0nkey said:
No I am good, just going to wait till it gets fixed which I hope to god is sometime this week.
This is why we're holding the gametype
Not neutral assault
back while all the different skus get the TU.

Kunohara

wwm0nkey said:

I'm pretty sure that number will be low for a good while considering Gears 3 is out, and everyone is playing that now.

wwm0nkey

lybertyboy said:
Not neutral assault
Well thank you for explaining why I haven't got the update yet :)

Do know when its going to hit the other versions?

Deadly Cyclone said:
Did Devin ever pick a name for their tricking site? I emailed him a handful.
Hey sorry I should have gotten back to you. I ended up going with Trickit.org, though I appreciate you giving me suggestions!

Speaking of tricking, you guys should seriously watch this.... Some of the ledgeing stuff is INSANE!

2 Player Only

lybertyboy said:
Not neutral assault

Out of curiosity, do you expect any negative feedback from uninformed players that don't realize the changes won't be coming for a short while?

lybertyboy

A27_StarWolf said:
Out of curiosity, do you expect any negative feedback from uninformed players that don't realize the changes won't be coming for a short while?
No matter what we do there will always be negative feedback.

We have have a new message of the day rolling out for Reach that will further explain things.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:
No matter what we do there will always be negative feedback.

We have have a new message of the day rolling out for Reach that will further explain things.

Hey it's ok David. We understand that shit happens. Luckily. You guys will get it fixed and if you're getting any hate now it will be forgotten.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Today you say? BS Angel's update, you reckon? Let's wait and see together!
Thank you. But the update won't release in an European friendly time. =(

Otherwise. Who wants to play customs at 10pm(PST) today?

blamite

wwm0nkey said:
I am hoping that means the Title Update is going to the other versions today as well
We can hope, but I'm sure you guys would understand is the gametype just needed to come out soon regardless for the greater good. :p

Letters said:
Can't muster the tiniest bit of excitement for slightly less crappier Vanilla Reach. :/

Have fun guys.
I honestly may or may not feel similarly. I'm just hoping this'll make Reach more fun for me.

Been wondering if I'm just growing out of Halo gameplay. Don't think this is the case but...

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
squeeeee
ncsuDuncan said:
Did Frank just ask a question and answer it to make a point? Sorta.

Isn't that Jessica's job? Maybe.
Did you just ask two questions and answer the...ah.

OuterWorldVoice said:

OH MY LAWD!
30cr5zl.jpg

Been using the preview disc, hopefully the update is out in a few hours when I get back home.

wwm0nkey

blamite said:
We can hope, but I'm sure you guys would understand is the gametype just needed to come out soon regardless for the greater good. :p
I will be fine if you guys get the gametype and I can't play, I would just hope to be able to play it this week though. Preferably today though if the TU is still rolling out.

lybertyboy

wwm0nkey said:
I will be fine if you guys get the gametype and I can't play, I would just hope to be able to play it this week though. Preferably today though if the TU is still rolling out.

TopMen.jpg

senador

Banned
wwm0nkey said:

lybertyboy didn't imply there was any issue though. He just said they are waiting on the game type while each SKU gets the update. I take that as its coming, the original SKU just got it first. I'm sure we'll see it soon. Chill. ;)

feel

myself said:
Can't muster the tiniest bit of excitement for slightly less crappier Vanilla Reach. :/

Have fun guys.
Unless they drop the ZBS one today and I can edit movement speed and remove AAs to play with friends tonight. :O

Top Bottom