• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

MrBig said:
That's like saying you get a free salad with dinner and then blaming the customer when they find a roach in it. Thousands of people participated in the beta. They would not be supporting thousands of their own users.

In any case I will not comment until there has been a definite answer as to whether I will be able to play the game that I have in my possession.

They already said they are working on it bro. I have the preview disc too, but i kept my old retail disc for LANs/my collection.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MrBig said:
They would not be supporting thousands of their own users.

Like others have pointed out, there are 343 folks here reassuring folks that the specific issue is being worked upon. To say they aren't supporting those affected is just silly.

wwm0nkey

Dani said:
You don't have to buy Reach twice. You bought it once. You got a free second version. Had you not given away your paid version, there'd be no problems.

You didn't pay for your free disc and nobody forced you to give away or sell the copy you paid for. It sucks that there's issues updating your free preview disc but don't act entitled and bitch about that free copy.

If you want to ensure you can play the games you bought in future, try keeping them.
Thousands of users got into the preview program, some of which probably never got or intended to buy Reach, they would be screwing a lot of people over if a fix did not happen.

I have faith 343 will get this fixed quickly.

Thermite

OuterWorldVoice said:
There isn't anything wrong with it. Ramirez just pointed out that he didn't need two copies of Reach. But he requested a 2nd copy - and sold one. Say he sold it for $10, the "exchange" in this case actually netted him $10 profit.

Microsoft, on the moral flipside, got a little bit of test data out of that process. So he's not Hitler yet.

Ramirez of course, is quite evil and everyone on HaloGaf knows his monstrousness knows no bounds. However, lots of people actually gave theirs away, or did something equally charitable - so we understand this is a gray area. Which is one of the many reasons why we are trying to fix it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujtZlKLL7Y&t=0m10s

MrDaravon

Dani said:
Like others have pointed out, there are 343 folks here reassuring folks that the specific issue is being worked upon. To say they aren't supporting those affected is just silly.

Agreed, and I agree that some people are going overboard. But it's also asinine to suggest that it's somehow these people's fault that they didn't keep their retail version, when MS said it was the full version and yours to keep. If I had two copies of the exact same book with different covers, why would I keep both?

SailorDaravon said:
Agreed, and I agree that some people are going overboard. But it's also asinine to suggest that it's somehow these people's fault that they didn't keep their retail version, when MS said it was the full version and yours to keep. If I had two copies of the exact same book with different covers, why would I keep both?

Book LANs?

ElRenoRaven

Personally I think everyone on both sides need to take a step back and relax. Here are the facts which can't be argued.

1. 343 are aware of said problem.
2. 343 and Microsoft are working on finding a fix for said problem.

Now let's be honest here. If for some reason they can't find a fix they will do something to make it right. So just relax.

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
Personally I think everyone on both sides need to take a step back and relax. Here are the facts which can't be argued.

1. 343 are aware of said problem.
2. 343 and Microsoft are working on finding a fix for said problem.

Now let's be honest here. If for some reason they can't find a fix they will do something to make it right.
I am going to assume a free on demand version if problems can not be resolved. Microsoft probably still has all the emails of those in the Dashboard preview so sending out codes would be easy.

wwm0nkey said:
I am going to assume a free on demand version if problems can not be resolved. Microsoft probably still has all the emails of those in the Dashboard preview so sending out codes would be easy.

Why? So all the people with 20gb harddrives can rage because they don't have the space?

senador

Banned
Another thing to remember its that those discs were part of a beta. They work great but there was always a possibility of that not being the case.

Gimme dat update. :p

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:

Honestly that would be my guess. They would simply send emails to those who got the discs with directions on how to download the Games on Demand version assuming it's issues with the update are fixed.

RBK

Banned
wwm0nkey said:

I'll take another copy of Reach(no Preview please). :)

Homeboyd

daedalius said:
True, what would be the official forums now? Waypoint?

I'm sure the rage is ripe there as well, heh.
Yeah, waypoint. Although the community there is surprisingly tame and forgiving.. and understanding.

I'm sure things will change as more make the switch.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
https://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/p/31732/250824.aspx#250824

BS Angel said:
I don't currently have a timetable for when those with the preview disc can get the update. The error is not on our side, so the process for fixing it is complicated. We are actively investigating different options, and when we have an update, we'll be sure to communicate that out.

I know this is an inconvenience for you and the rest of the people with this disc. For that, I apologize.

Letters said:
join a gaf party

play invasion with bloom

:lol

wtf guys
tumblr_le8ue6Uvxo1qztetno1_500.jpg

No love for my Invasion: Highlands map :lol

Edit: Anyone know how you can lock certain players in the same team to certain invasion spawns, just like on regular matchmaking invasion where you are locked to one spawn instead of switching between others?

daedalius

Don't know why this computer gets so angry about Live-ID sign-in for some of the forums, I can't even visit the xbox.halo forums, just throws me to a 'unable to sign in' page.

Oh well, I can peruse the rage filled bungie forums instead.

It totally sucks that some here can't play Reach with the tester discs. I hope they are able to fix it, at all. I think it's turning out to be a bit more of a challenge than they had initially thought. These disks are a test format from a fairly limited beta program which was never guaranteed to work in the first place. If it were easy, they would have had it fixed immediately. (Is it just that one guy from the panel doing all the coding?)

I think it sucks that some here are stuck without their retail copies and can't join in with the customs, so lets try not to blame them. Also, try not to blame 343 for not being able to fix some beta format that's probably changed "builds" internally a few times since these discs hit the wild. I really don't know anything about how this works, though, so don't read too much into what I've just said. The attitude that ,"Lol, your beta disc is broke. You shoulda kept your retail, you nub!" is quite misplaced. The whole thing is unfortunate but hopefully will blow over soon.

tl;dr you can't be picking sides in a grey area.

PNut

Banned
daedalius said:
Don't know why this computer gets so angry about Live-ID sign-in for some of the forums, I can't even visit the xbox.halo forums, just throws me to a 'unable to sign in' page.

Happens to me too. Only been able to view the forums a few times since they've been there.

FyreWulff

Gabotron ES said:
Edit: Anyone know how you can lock certain players in the same team to certain invasion spawns, just like on regular matchmaking invasion where you are locked to one spawn instead of switching between others?

Set the Spawn Sequence of the spawn to 0, 1, 2, or 3 (or 1,2,3, or 4) to lock a fire team to that spawn. Anything lower or higher will make it a universally available spawn.

Also, the zbNR autoaim bug/feature in pictures:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1101765

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just played a game of the Zero Bloom classic Letters was pimping, plays a lot smoother than Vanilla Reach with ZB. Be sure to give it a try peeps.

Top Bottom