• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

feel

bobs99 ... said:
Even with bleed through? Tomorow ill test it out in a custom and post results. Im SURE I was getting 4 shot kills on people earlier. Thats actually something I dislike about 5 shot no bloom. Counting shots just doesnt happen, with older Halo I knew exactly how many shots I put into someone in a battle, with this though its really just me spamming shots as fast as I can lol. A few shots in and I couldnt tell you how close I am to the kill. I think if it was a 4 shot kill but took the same amount of time to get a kill I would be happier with it. Trying to get 5 shots in that quick takes away from it.

I LOVE bleed through though, that really should have been in the game from the start.
It's 5 shots to remove shields, and it's also five shots to kill if the fifth bullet crossed the shield and goes for the head. Eventually you get used to the shield brightness cues and fast kills. Not that I would be against a slight ROF cap. If TU2 could focus on Inertia and ROF tweaks, that could be really lovely.

neoism said:
I have to say I really didn't miss sprint with no bloom but I still think it should be 130 for something... it isn't fast enough... sprint>>>no sprint
I think it's a fair tradeoff for always having your ability to shoot and moving sideways/backwards fast. I really wish more people would realize how much Sprint limits their movement and actions.

And actually, I've heard some people saying 120% is too fast so it depends on what you're used to.

I was having my ass kicked earlier by gaffers on ZBS Classic and I didn't hate a single second of it. People were dodging my bullets, people were walking away scratch-free easily from my badly thrown grenades, and people were killing me because they were outmaneuvering me and precisely keeping me in their crosshairs while I failed to do the same, over and over. <3

BigShow36

Summary Man said:
Wasn't this possible in Halo 1 and 2? It's been years since I've played either game, so I may be misremembering.

Yes. Shield bleed-through has been in every Halo except Reach (until now, thank God).

cory021

Neo Member
I just got home and my brother is telling me our preview Reach disc isn't working. I'm assuming this is what you guys were talking about a few pages earlier? I'm guessing my brother downloaded the TU, so would deleting it alleviate any problems?

Oozer3993

I did a quick and dirty little experiment to determine the time-to-kill in different Halo games with the community's preferred weapon. My hypothesis was that time-to-kill would be lower for the zero bloom DMR than for the BR in either Halo 2 or 3.

Halo: Combat Evolved

0.8 seconds for a three shot pistol kill.

Halo 2

1.65 seconds for a four shot battle rifle kill.

Halo 3

1.7 seconds for a four shot battle rifle kill.

Halo: Reach (Zero Bloom gametype)

1.5 seconds for a five shot designated marksmen rifle kill.

As I suspected, the zero bloom DMR is quicker to kill than either variation of the BR. Personally, I don't like that. I prefer longer kill times. It's just the style of game I like more.

J10

Banned
Sai-kun said:
Wow, dude, I was thinking almost the same thing :lol He just hates everything. He's like a mini-Kuroyome.

You haven't been paying attention. I'm like one of three people here who likes the game exactly the way it shipped. I think you all want it to change for the worse.

J10 said:
You haven't been paying attention. I'm like one of three people here who likes the game exactly the way it shipped. I think you all want it to change for the worse.

No, we want the game to change for what we believe to be better.

Default Reach will still be there for people such as yourself that prefer the game that way.

BigShow36

J10 said:

Go play Vanilla Reach and let the rest of us play Halo then.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Thermite said:
Holy shit, really!? If true, then woooooow. Really glad I didn't boot up Reach yesterday..

Not being able to get access to the TU is one thing, but for it to completely break the game is just fucking ridiculous. :(

I knew that going to Halo Fest would produce some memorable moments that will stick with me forever. Not once did I think one of those moments would be this is the first and last time I get to play the TU, or Reach altogether for that matter, haha. :p

I'm not too upset because we have Gears 3, but if October 4th rolls around and I still can't access the game at all when the beta hopper goes up, then shit's going down.

Louis Wu

Steelyuhas said:
No, we want the game to change for what we believe to be better.

Default Reach will still be there for people such as yourself that prefer the game that way.

BigShow36 said:

Polite vs douchebag answers - same answer, same question. It's all about the words you use!

J10

Banned
BigShow36 said:

I do and will. I will also continue to comment on the game settings you want to champion as superior as I see fit. Mmkay?

Havok

J10 said:
It's a good thing you'll be able to play it that way, then, while others get to play it their way. Minus the Armor Lock change. That's good for everyone.

edit: should have refreshed before posting.

BigShow36

Louis Wu said:
Polite vs douchebag answers - same answer, same question. It's all about the words you use!

After 8 years of shitty Halo games due to idiocy, I think a little spitfire in my replies is warranted. Adapt.

Also, if that was what you consider a "douchebag" answer, I don't think you'd be able to last on the internet as long as you have. Methinks ulterior motives are at play here.

J10

Banned
BigShow36 said:
After 8 years of shitty Halo games due to idiocy, I think a little spitfire in my replies is warranted. Adapt.

Also, if that was what you consider a "douchebag" answer, I don't think you'd be able to last on the internet as long as you have. Methinks ulterior motives are at play here.

Why direct the douchebag answer towards me? I didn't design the game. Also, why play a shitty game for eight years straight? Are you insane?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
BigShow36 said:

lol Adapt? You can choose to ignore here.

kylej

Banned
Domino Theory said:
I knew that going to Halo Fest would produce some memorable moments that will stick with me forever. Not once did I think one of those moments would be this is the first and last time I get to play the TU, or Reach altogether for that matter, haha. :p

I'm not too upset because we have Gears 3, but if October 4th rolls around and I still can't access the game at all when the beta hopper goes up, then shit's going down.

Your fault for being in a grey area, bro. And no, I don't mean Forge World.

587.png

Tunavi

Banned
For Zero Bloom, the Pistol and DMR should have their own separate gametypes. They do not work well together because the pistol's firing rate is so dominant, but in their own separate game types, they work beautifully. Loving zero bloom so far.

BigShow36

J10 said:
Why direct the douchebag answer towards me? I didn't design the game. Also, why play a shitty game for eight years straight? Are you insane?

Because the people who think like you do are what ruined the Halo game I love. It wasn't that harsh of a reply anyway. Also, I stopped playing H2/3/Reach well before their "lifespan" had run its course because I couldn't stand them.

Tashi0106 said:
lol Adapt? You can choose to ignore here.

It's much more fun to converse with other people. If I ignored everyone who's opinion I disagreed with I would probably have 2 people to talk to.

Plus, adapt is my favorite reply in these situations because thats what I was told for 3 Halo games.

feel

J10 said:
The early gametype provided by 343i was just to give us access to nobloom slayer with bleedthrough, they didn't balance it, they left that to us, while they just sit back and observe. The community in somewhat of a cooperative effort has created the actual gametypes where for example you move/strafe faster, receive less damage from grenades or have the pistol and needle rifle as pick up (power) weapons.

this is the balanced Classic gametype created with the general feedback of halogaffers
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23754837

there are similar ones for mlg and vanilla

Try them before you dismiss these (optional) changes.

edit-
these are the mlg flavored ones:
eeblogue said:
DMR + Sprint Starts Gametype Download

DMR + 120% Movement Speed (No Sprint) Gametype Downloadhttp://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23749531&player=eeblogue

J10

Banned
BigShow36 said:
Because the people who think like you do are what ruined the Halo game I love. Also, I stopped playing H2/3/Reach well before their "lifespan" had run its course because I couldn't stand them.

It's much more fun to converse with other people. If I ignored everyone who's opinion I disagreed with I would probably have 2 people to talk to.

It is fun to converse with people, but it stops being fun when somebody starts being disrespectful. But this is the internet, so I know social norms don't apply. No harm done.

Louis Wu

BigShow36 said:

'spitfire'? Yeah... no. (And J10's right - what did he ever do to deserve your obnoxiousness?)

BigShow36 said:

:lol

BigShow36

J10 said:
It is fun to converse with people, but it stops being fun when somebody starts being disrespectful. But this is the internet, so I know social norms don't apply. No harm done.

My apologies; what I meant was that you're free to play Halo Reach as you love it, and now I can finally play something that slightly resembles why I fell in love with Halo in the first place. Any vitriol you may have felt was misdirected on my part.

Louis Wu said:
'spitfire'? Yeah... no. (And J10's right - what did he ever do to deserve your obnoxiousness?)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/spitfire

Hope those games weren't too crazy =p. Also lol at Hemoturtle. On break right now, willing to play some more tonight, not too late though got an early class.

For those wondering that gametype was just Steely's and the maps were mlg or default.

Oozer3993 said:
I did a quick and dirty little experiment to determine the time-to-kill in different Halo games with the community's preferred weapon. My hypothesis was that time-to-kill would be lower for the zero bloom DMR than for the BR in either Halo 2 or 3.

Halo: Combat Evolved

0.8 seconds for a three shot pistol kill.

Halo 2

1.65 seconds for a four shot battle rifle kill.

Halo 3

1.7 seconds for a four shot battle rifle kill.

Halo: Reach (Zero Bloom gametype)

1.5 seconds for a five shot designated marksmen rifle kill.

As I suspected, the zero bloom DMR is quicker to kill than either variation of the BR. Personally, I don't like that. I prefer longer kill times. It's just the style of game I like more.

This is very interesting. Did you time the ZB Reach pistol/magnum for shits and giggles?

feel

kylej said:
aaa(1).png

Where are my royalties
:lol

and I just noticed there's more if you click on the arrow, they're hilarious:

343iloveyou 25
zero bloom 25
343ibasedgod 16
frankoconner_isagod 12
343goat 11
frankie saves 11
waffles 6
no bloom 5
awesome 4
horribly broken 4
meh 4
0magnum 4 noobs now 3
0worstideaever 3
343epicness 3
bungieis-blam!- 3
i love you 3
learn to dmr normally 3
needsmoarflag 3
omgz love 3
timetospam 3
0 yesss 2
343 saved halo 2
adapt 2
cba lady gaga likes 2
dolphin gun 2
epic 2
for noobs 2
frankie is the savior 2
halo 2
halo creation 2
i love 343 2
i want bloom back 2
legit 2
mlg 2
realhalo 2
sucks 2
thank god frankie 2
thank jezus 2
title update test 2
ur freaking gods 2
0 bloom 1
0 magnum now nooby 1
0 magnum power weapon 1
00 hacker 1
0000 needs more bloom 1
000armor lock sticky 1
00morebloom plz 1
0magnum overpowered 1
0mfg this game is fixed 1
343 lrn2 ui 1
343i ftw 1
343idontlikeit 1
343isbetterthenbungie 1
42washere 1
4get bngie 1
a file 1
a step in wrong dirctin 1
acrazydude99 1
alisnolongeracrutch 1
all the things fixed 8d 1
allhail343 1
allofyourbaseareus 1
andre 1
beli343 1
best mode ever 1
boloss0013 1
boss 1
bring back bloom 1
broodje melk 1
bungieftw 1
bye bye bloom 1
calm down noobs 1
canadian gym 1
change bloom 1
cool 1
destroyer of worlds 1
dmr shoots 2 fast 1
doesnt work 1
doesntdownload 1
eliterangerbob 1
ewoked 1
fairlane 427r 1
finallyhaloisinreach 1
finaly 1
firedune22 1
fragueuz 1
frakie saves 1
fuseking 1
glad 343 has halo now 1
godizreal 1
gods amongst peasants 1
halo 3 1
halo is number 1 1
handles like a dream 1
i believe 1
i need a wee 1
id tap 1
isnt amazing 1
ix shep xi 1
knightfire2 1
let the headshots begin 1
lol 1
longer timed shoots 1
mack 1
make more ctf 1
map files 1
mlg will screw us 1
mod 1
My Favorite File 1
ninjariki 1
nobloomram 1
noobgametype 1
penguin sucks 1
pissesinthewind 1
pure awesome 1
reachissaved 1
reachtu 1
screw armour lockers 1
sigma8 prodagy 1
sweeeeet 1
thank baby jesus 1
thank u 1
thank you 1
thank you god 1
the beatdovvn 1
there is a god 1
tobistein117 1
true classic 1
v-loves343 1
w00t 1
w343loveyou 1
white pants 1
wick 1
wolfie legend 1
wollie m 1
yodulz was here 1
zero bloom slayer dmrs 1
zufoy 1

vhfive

Does the TU work for the Beta preview discs yet? I'm not sure where I put my OG disc (I may have given it to a friend I'm not sure).

Oozer3993

Account Attempt #4 said:
This is very interesting. Did you time the ZB pistol for shits and giggles?

Just did it now.

Halo: Reach (Zero Bloom Pistol)

0.7 seconds for a four shot pistol kill.

The zero bloom DMR now seems positively wimpy.

Oozer3993

I think the game realizes I don't like zero bloom and is rubbing it in.

Oh, so you want to try for the Overlook challenge? Good luck with that. Here's 16 options of every Firefight map OTHER than Overlook.

vhfive said:
4UQ44.jpg

oh well
my brother just got gears so I guess I'll try that out

Right as I finish up reading this post, what should pop up on my Xbox?

vhfive is online

Tunavi

Banned
guys just buy reach at gamestop used and return it in 7 days

Oozer3993 said:
The zero bloom DMR now seems positively wimpy.
This is why there should be Zero Bloom Pistol starts and Zero Bloom DMR starts, they are both awesome separately

orznge

Banned
Louis Wu said:

Oh my god, how could he do that? How could he be so obnoxious? The feelings he's probably hurt over the years, not knowing that his nature is malicious and destructive.. unimaginable. The Master Chief would never do that, he's got honor.

Tunavi

Banned
lol when you buy a used game at Gamestop it says on the god damned receipt that you can return it in 7 days for any reason.

Top Bottom