• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ramirez

Devin Olsen said:
The guy responds to your question and you cannot take the time to read it?

When you ascend to the understanding of bloom that Tashi has, you no longer need to partake in trivial internet arguments about the mechanic.

120% speed always felt like I was playing on ice in Team Classic, what's wrong with 110%?

Is the TU for preview discs fixed yet?

Gui_PT said:
Anyone interested in customs for a little while?
Getting on now!

Telus ripped apart my house, but I now have blazing fast speeds (compared to what I had before).

Before
YHKFR.png

After
5uw9J.png

OuterWorldVoice said:
For the record, I was obviously kidding.
I know, that post was directed more towards Tashi.

RBK

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
You got the game for free. :p 343i is already working to fix it. :)
Nope, I bought it on launch date last year, just gave that copy away since I got the preview disc. No need to have two copies of Reach.

Customs had better be running later tonight/ tomorow. Hopefully you guys keep it simple, I wanna try out the pure version of Halo which just involved me and a accurate gun. :p

BigShow36

Devolution said:
It's just like halo 1 in that way. Throw a nade in h1 multi, watch him glide around.

Thats just the animation; I'm talking about the actual movement that you "feel" when you strafe. Halo Reach already has a very slow, deliberate change of direction, and when you increase the speed, your momentum makes it even slower. Combined with the large aim assist, it makes it way too easy to track enemies with your reticle.

Ramirez

Hypertrooper said:
You got the game for free. :p 343i is already working to fix it. :)

Sorry, but don't be a company man on this one. There was never any indication from MS that the preview disc wouldn't work just like a retail disc. Like the other guy, I sold my regular copy, why do I need two copies of the same game?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ramirez said:
Sorry, but don't be a company man on this one. There was never any indication from MS that the preview disc wouldn't work just like a retail disc. Like the other guy, I sold my regular copy, why do I need two copies of the same game?

1. We are working to try and fix it.
2. Bolded sort of puts you in a trick bag, ethically.
3. We are working to try and fix it.

ElRenoRaven

Hey guys. Guys. Guess what. Look at the amount of posts in the thread now. Go ahead look. See -------->

Happy half way through OT 6 day!!!

PsychoRaven said:
Hey guys. Guys. Guess what. Look at the amount of posts in the thread now. Go ahead look. See -------->

Happy half way through OT 6 day!!!

Am I at 500 yet? I'm going to shut up for a while if so.

Oh 546. Jesus I need to shut up.

feel

What's this highschool? These are critical/exciting times what are you PMing Tunavi!! :O
Tunavi screencap that shit! lol jk... kinda

Syracuse022 said:
Fffff---- I NEED to try this now. I have it set up to download - I'll try to get on when I get home.
Can't get enough of that yellow spark as the enemy falls to the ground, so having it in most kills is glorious.

Ramirez

OuterWorldVoice said:
1. We are working to try and fix it.
3. We are working to try and fix it.

I know you're trying to fix it, I just don't like seeing people defend MS when there was no indication that I needed to keep my other Reach disc.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
The guy responds to your question and you cannot take the time to read it?
I'm at work. Doin light skimming inbetween jobs. Don't worry, once I get my 3DS week my posts will go down during the morning and day. I think I got the main jist of his argument and it's one we'll never agree on so it's really not a big deal. I'm sure he doesn't mind me sparing him my bullshit :)

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:

How so? He was given a free copy of Halo: Reach by MS and they told him that it was equal to the retail version. He did not copy, steal, or do anything wrong to get it. Sounds like he did nothing wrong ethically to me. He simply sold his other copy. Nothing wrong with that.

Booshka

ChiefEdiri said:
You're not telling me anything I don't already know. 343 should have just waited until the update was able to release on all 3 media platforms instead of how it turned out.
No they shouldn't have, the VAST majority of Reach players are having a great time with the TU. They shouldn't have held it back because a few 1000 that got the game for free as part of a beta aren't able to play.

RBK

Banned
Booshka said:
No they shouldn't have, the VAST majority of Reach players are having a great time with the TU. They shouldn't have held it back because a few 1000 that got the game for free as part of a beta aren't able to play.
Again, I bought the game but gave away the copy I bought since I got the preview one for free...that isn't hard to understand.

If anything, they should have us know beforehand, not wait until it was actually released. I have no problem waiting, but I was a bit annoyed when that happened.

ElRenoRaven

ChiefEdiri said:
Again, I bought the game but gave away the copy I bought since I got the preview one for free...that isn't hard to understand.

If anything, they should have us know beforehand, not wait until it was actually released. I have no problem waiting, but I was a bit annoyed when that happened.

In their defense it wasn't an intentional snub. It was a mistake that they are trying to fix. To get angry about it when they are honestly trying to fix the mistake is just confusing. I could see being angry if they weren't trying to fix it and were just telling you to go fuck off but they aren't.

Tashi0106 said:
I'm at work. Doin light skimming inbetween jobs. Don't worry, once I get my 3DS week my posts will go down during the morning and day. I think I got the main jist of his argument and it's one we'll never agree on so it's really not a big deal. I'm sure he doesn't mind me sparing him my bullshit :)
Tashi mind joining my stream? I am having issues and I could use your help.

Or juices... or anyone that can help me with a stream related question

http://www.twitch.tv/devinolsen

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We tried to scrim some guys last night and when they found out we wanted to practice with bloom they got all mad and started making fun of us. It was lol worthy

Edit: dev im at work on my cell phone. Pm me some questions and ill try to help. Otherwise I'll be home in a couple hours and could help you then

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Played some ZB DMRs yesterday with the kiddos. Holy Shit. So good. We were all squealing with delight, hah.

I'm on now if any customs are going. GT = popular revolt.

ElRenoRaven

Damn it. I wanted to see how bad this was. It's been taken down by youtube though for violating it's terms of service.

http://kotaku.com/5842886/the-worst-fan+made-halo-song-weve-ever-heard

This fan-made song is dedicated to the singer's desire to attain a copy of Halo. A worthy goal for most, I should think.

It is titled "I Throw My Xbox at the Bungie Guys".

The lyrics and vocal performance are downright awful. And I mean that in the best way possible!

He also manages to turn the chorus into an homage to Taio Cruz' "Dynamite". Genius.

Ramirez

PsychoRaven said:
How so? He was given a free copy of Halo: Reach by MS and they told him that it was equal to the retail version. He did not copy, steal, or do anything wrong to get it. Sounds like he did nothing wrong ethically to me. He simply sold his other copy. Nothing wrong with that.

If we're talking ethics, how about charging 150 bucks for a cat helmet that is "going to be extremely rare and limited".

Excuse me while I lol.

I don't even care that much that I can't d/l the TU, I'm not a fan of customs and Gears 3 is mighty good, but still.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
PsychoRaven said:

There isn't anything wrong with it. Ramirez just pointed out that he didn't need two copies of Reach. But he requested a 2nd copy - and sold one. Say he sold it for $10, the "exchange" in this case actually netted him $10 profit.

Microsoft, on the moral flipside, got a little bit of test data out of that process. So he's not Hitler yet.

Ramirez of course, is quite evil and everyone on HaloGaf knows his monstrousness knows no bounds. However, lots of people actually gave theirs away, or did something equally charitable - so we understand this is a gray area. Which is one of the many reasons why we are trying to fix it.

Ramirez

OuterWorldVoice said:
There isn't anything wrong with it. Ramirez just pointed out that he didn't need two copies of Reach. But he requested a 2nd copy - and sold one. Say he sold it for $10, the "exchange" in this case actually netted him $10 profit.

Microsoft, on the moral flipside, got a little bit of test data out of that process. So he's not Hitler yet.

Ramirez of course, is quite evil and everyone on HaloGaf knows his monstrousness knows no bounds. However, lots of people actually gave theirs away, or did something equally charitable - so we understand this is a gray area. Which is one of the many reasons why we are trying to fix it.

I donated it to the children's hospital, how dare you.

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:
If we're talking ethics, how about charging 150 bucks for a cat helmet that is "going to be extremely rare and limited"*

*So rare not even Bungie employees can get their hands on it.

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:

*Edit* I was wrong I guess it was known about before hand however this still kind of stands. You could not choose which group you were in so it was a crapshoot if you could get the disc or not.

But yea. You guys will get it fixed and everyone will be all Jelly again. So at the end of the day everything will be fine assuming someone doesn't go nuts and like throw their 360 out a window over this. lol

This is a good lesson though. If you ever get a free disc of a game in a dashboard beta test keep your retail. It will save you trouble later on. I just installed my retail on a thumbdrive while preview is installed on the hdd. When the preview is fixed I'll delete my retail install and continue with the preview install.

RBK

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Ah but see he didn't request it. When we all signed up for that beta test of the dashboard we didn't know they were going to send out copies of Reach. I know I was surprised when they were like yea half of you are getting a disc with Reach on it to test it out.

But yea. You guys will get it fixed and everyone will be all Jelly again. So at the end of the day everything will be fine assuming someone doesn't go nuts and like throw their 360 out a window over this. lol

This is a good lesson though. If you ever get a free disc of a game in a dashboard beta test keep your retail. It will save you trouble later on. I just installed my retail on a thumbdrive while preview is installed on the hdd. When the preview is fixed I'll delete my retail install and continue with the preview install.
About the preview install, my copy still spins the disc inside the Xbox, but stops and restarts at different points throughout whenever I play it. Does this happen to you or anyone else?

ElRenoRaven

The Real Napsta said:
Wasn't the reach disc known from the beginning?

Not that I saw. It was mentioned after you got in but I never remember seeing anything about it before then. I could be wrong though and considering I'm wrong a lot I very well could be.

PsychoRaven said:
Not that I saw. It was mentioned after you got in but I never remember seeing anything about it before then. I could be wrong though and considering I'm wrong a lot I very well could be.

I think the only reason i signed up was for the Reach disc, so i think it was known.

senador

Banned
ChiefEdiri said:
About the preview install, my copy still spins the disc inside the Xbox, but stops and restarts at different points throughout whenever I play it. Does this happen to you or anyone else?

I don't notice it starting once its stopped, but it takes longer to stop initially. I can fire up Reach, get through menus, and start searching before it finally dies down.

ElRenoRaven

The Real Napsta said:
I think the only reason i signed up was for the Reach disc, so i think it was known.

Yea went back and googled. I guess I was wrong. So maybe he did get in knowing about it. I don't know. I know I didn't.

I always sign up for any beta tests I can get into. Hence Xbox live beta test back in the days, AOE: Online, DC Universe, any dashboard preview. So I probably just never saw the news. So I was wrong. If he knew about Reach and signed up on the chance he was a lucky one, and did so just to get it then yes I guess you could say Frankie's point of view on that stands. However again he couldn't pick which group he was on so it was a crap shoot if he got the disc or not.

And yea mine stops after awhile but it does take longer for it to quit spinning. It never starts spinning again though.

senador

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Yea went back and googled. I guess I was wrong. So maybe he did get in knowing about it. I don't know. I know I didn't.

I always sign up for any beta tests I can get into. Hence Xbox live beta test back in the days, AOE: Online, DC Universe, any dashboard preview. So I probably just never saw the news. So I was wrong. If he knew about Reach and signed up on the chance he was a lucky one, and did so just to get it then yes I guess you could say Frankie's point of view on that stands.

I don't see that point of view at all. He sold his retail version, not the preview. If it was the other way around, sure maybe, but there is nothing wrong with selling your retail games. So, unethical? I say no. Can preview people whine? Not really.

Gimme dat update! :p

Top Bottom