• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Kambing said:
Yeah will do. But seriously, i am curious now, did you for example like Halo 3? I mean Halo 3 and Reach feel like really different games man. But anyway, i raise a glass to my Halo brethren and sisters alike. Back to playing the game =p
I found Halo 2 and 3's campaign to be pretty weak comparatively for what it's worth. CE's my favourite with ODST being a super close second.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tunavi said:
Kambing, rent ODST next. Then get CEA when it comes out.

oh shut up, you didnt even know exodus was a campaign level haha

Just because I've only played the campaign once doesn't mean I didn't love it.

Tunavi

Banned
Kambing said:
Yeah will do. But seriously, i am curious now, did you for example like Halo 3? I mean Halo 3 and Reach feel like really different games man. But anyway, i raise a glass to my Halo brethren and sisters alike. Back to playing the game =p
Nah, I didn't like Halo 3's campaign very much.

ODST has a great atmosphere. And Halo 1 is adventurous, mysterious, and creepy.

Tashi0106 said:
Just because I've only played the campaign once doesn't mean I didn't love it.
I'm just teasing

Anyone in custom wanna shoot me an inv?
3AQmK.gif

GT: Lead Based Pain

Tashi

Tunavi said:
Nah, I didn't like Halo 3's campaign very much.

ODST has a great atmosphere. And Halo 1 is adventurous, mysterious, and creepy.

I'm just teasing
Yea no shit. If you were serious I would totally hack your gamertag and play mlg all day on it. Nooooooooob.

Just played a scrim, went 7-7-7

I <3 Bungie

Non-bloom game types happen so fast you don't even have time to complain about your last death lol.

Tashi wanna do me a big favor and send me a list of call outs for various maps?

Hey You

Kambing said:
LTTP on Reach...

So i just joined gamefly and decided to try out Halo Reach. Previously, I have tried to get into the halo series with entry 3 but man, i really did not click with that game. I actually found it downright bad. So today i am playing Halo Reach and the bad experience i had with Halo 3 really made me pessimistic about the game but mother fucker am i glad i tried it. The first 1-2 hours have been FUCKING incredible man. I seriously cannot believe how good this game is.

I am currently at "too quite" and shit, i have been impressed by EVERYTHING excluding the frame-rate dips. The sky-boxes/vistas, the graphics, how fucking huge the levels feel, the combat and that amazing sound, all fucking top notch shit. I hope the game continues to deliver because i truly am impressed. But most importantly, i really feel like i am having fun.

I know this post won't get much attention but damn, i have been converted into a Halo fan by the first 2 hours of this game. Hope the next one will be in the same vain as this.
Glad to see you like it. Sadly its unlikely Halo 4 will be anything like Reach.

Now if your looking to actually discuss reach, I suggest a different forum entirely. If you want to participate in our bi-weekly bitch fest, do come back :)

Homeboyd said:
Frankie/David, an official fly-through in the next update (or sometime soon) would be awesome.
Next week's bulletin will probably have Prisoner/Solitary screenshots.

-------
PAX/HaloFest writeup incoming, putting the finishing touches on it now.

Homeboyd

ncsuDuncan said:
Next week's bulletin will probably have Prisoner/Solitary screenshots.

-------
PAX/HaloFest writeup incoming, putting the finishing touches on it now.
Yeah I saw that.. screenshots are always welcome.. but fly-throughs... immerse yourself in the beauty.

Looking forward to the write-up.

wwm0nkey said:
Please don't be one of those guys that abuses that, hate when "that guy" comes into my work every week :(
Haha, I don't even have the time to do that. But there are several games that pique my interest -- Deus Ex and L.A. Noire -- that I would love to try before buying, and the local Redboxes never have them in stock.

The only game I've ever returned is Reach, and that's because I had three damn copies of it. (Retail, Games on Demand and Preview)

Tunavi

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Yea no shit. If you were serious I would totally hack your gamertag and play mlg all day on it. Nooooooooob.
In return I would hack your stream and play Justin bieber and My little pony videos 24/7

holy shit, so bored. Cannot wait to get home and play ZBS

wwm0nkey

-Yeti said:
Update still doesn't work for preview discs?
Nope. It sucks too because I want to take a little break from Gears 3, I swear randoms in that are worse than anything else

Ive went 20/4 before and still lost because my team mates just ran out there not knowing what to do.

Tashi

Devolution said:
Non-bloom game types happen so fast you don't even have time to complain about your last death lol.

Tashi wanna do me a big favor and send me a list of call outs for various maps?
A list? Ummm. Tell me what maps and I'll compile a list I guess. I'm sure some of them won't make sense without showing them to you.

heckfu

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
Haha, I don't even have the time to do that. But there are several games that pique my interest -- Deus Ex and L.A. Noire -- that I would love to try before buying, and the local Redboxes never have them in stock.

The only game I've ever returned is Reach, and that's because I had three damn copies of it. (Retail, Games on Demand and Preview)

i'll ship you my copy of deus ex. no need/want for it.

wwm0nkey said:
Please don't be one of those guys that abuses that, hate when "that guy" comes into my work every week :(
The manager can refuse the return for any reason, it's his prerogative if he sees an individual flagrantly abusing the policy (like buying and returning the same game, for instance).

I've done it before, here and there, when I was in a pinch. After all, I learned all these policies because I worked at a Gamestop. I remember when I visited my brother at Parris Island when he graduated Boot Camp, we spontaneously bought a used Xbox, 4 used controllers, and Halo 2 and played on Live all night. I didn't need another extra box/copy, so I returned it to a Gamestop when I got back to MD, heh.

GhaleonEB

Havok said:
Bookmarked. I ended up recovering my gamertag and it seems to have resolved the problem. Bizarre.
Actually, now that you mention it, that was also part of my solution. The router thing was to solve my Moderate NAT issue. After that, I had the messaging issue, and the gamertag recovery solved it. I'd forgotten. You should be good to go.

Homeboyd

ncsuDuncan said:
[ncsuDuncan's writeup]

You might recognize a story or two (I posted a few here), but I tried to spice it up with some nice pictures and an obligatory description of toilet accommodations.
Just finished.

Great write-up dude... Sounds like you had a blast.

ncsuDuncan said:
PAX Prime 2011 and HaloFest - ncsuDuncan's writeup

You might recognize a story or two (I posted a few here), but I tried to spice it up with some nice pictures and an obligatory description of toilet accommodations.
Great article!

Thanks for being so awesome at PAX. I'm sad we didn't hang out more, but hopefully we can fix that at PAX East. :^)

And I'm sad I didn't get a haircut before PAX. I looked like an idiot. Heh.

LoL at bitching about TU and preview discs. Like the extra couple days is going to be enough practice for you bad kids to be good at Halo.

So I was hired along with someone else at Fedex. Go into work today to find out he rage quit the job last night so now I get a pay raise. My life is fucking awesome.

ncsuDuncan said:

PAX Prime 2011 and HaloFest - ncsuDuncan's writeup

Good article! I like your writing style. I hope that I can manage to come to PAX east next year, would be awesome to meet some of you guys again. :)

Ken

Fun customs today. Thanks for hosting, Devo.

Off-topic: Anyone have Trenched/Iron Brigade and wants to play? I just picked it up tonight.

Top Bottom