• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Devolution said:
rnucB.png

Gotta eat in a bit Ken but after I do.
Can we lock it to 4v4? I joined earlier but it was 8v8 so I had no choice but to leave.

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
Read this as "Gonna eat a bit of Ken", giggled.
Quick question: how did you solve your issues of not being able to send messages? I've got problems sending and accepting friend requests (and I assume invites) now.

Havok said:
Quick question: how did you solve your issues of not being able to send messages? I've got problems sending and accepting friend requests (and I assume invites) now.

Oh man no wonder you didn't join when I invited. People having issues with invites, tell me you're interested and keep your party open.

Tashi0106 said:
I love that pic devo. Except there's not enough bloom :p

For the bloomtards.

gRl8n.png

GhaleonEB

Havok said:
I sent these guys a tweet (Xbox Live support on twitter). They replied in minutes, and after about 30 minutes of back and forth, I'd reconfigured my router (manually forwarding the ports). No issues since.

I went to their panel at PAX, where I learned about them. Pretty ace team of troubleshooters at Microsoft who use Twitter extensively to solve Live problems users are having.

Sai-kun

Banned
Tunavi said:
lol when you buy a used game at Gamestop it says on the god damned receipt that you can return it in 7 days for any reason.

I work there and I literally encourage people to do this
okay maybe i shouldn't do that, but it says on the receipt you can do it, and 'trying out' a game is really what it's for

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
I sent these guys a tweet (Xbox Live support on twitter). They replied in minutes, and after about 30 minutes of back and forth, I'd reconfigured my router (manually forwarding the ports). No issues since.

I went to their panel at PAX, where I learned about them. Pretty ace team of troubleshooters at Microsoft who use Twitter extensively to solve Live problems users are having.
Bookmarked. I ended up recovering my gamertag and it seems to have resolved the problem. Bizarre.

Alright I've saving a spot for Devin, anyone else want in?

I think I'm gonna have to do sign ups for future stuff, so no one feels pissed or left out.

Devolution said:

I think I'm gonna have to do sign ups for future stuff, so no one feels pissed or left out.
Getting on now.

A27_StarWolf said:
How about we cap it at 16 players.

Then everyone gets a chance to play.
Make two parties of 4v4, then everyone gets a chance to play a fun game instead of BTB

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
Oh man no wonder you didn't join when I invited. People having issues with invites, tell me you're interested and keep your party open.

For the bloomtards.

gRl8n.png

:lol :lol perfect

Farooq

Banned
Devolution said:

I would want in if there is room.

Gt: Trac Ali

Hard at work making some N7 armor (in Maya, not a real prop haha) so I probably won't get to play Zero Bloom at all tonight. Although I did get to play it a little bit yesterday, and it felt soooooo right........ Thank You 343i!

Blinding

Devolution said:

I'll take one if there's room, GT is Blindinggggg.

Tawpgun

-LOL WRONG THREAD-

Wrote a huge Gears spoiler before I realized this was Reach thread lol. I hope I edited it out in time.

Anyway, no bloom is awesome, carry on.

Farooq

Banned
BackdoorBeauty said:
Haha you just kicked me out.. I think I got a "hey" across.

edit: We have enough Gaf randoms to do some 2v2 at this point.

Lol my bad...I'm not good with random friend requests. If I hand known your were from GAF I would have stayed.

I was just testing some movement variations.

I did not kick you by the way, I just ended the game.

Hey, I am going to send you another invite, we should set up a small customs.

Kambing

LTTP on Reach...

So i just joined gamefly and decided to try out Halo Reach. Previously, I have tried to get into the halo series with entry 3 but man, i really did not click with that game. I actually found it downright bad. So today i am playing Halo Reach and the bad experience i had with Halo 3 really made me pessimistic about the game but mother fucker am i glad i tried it. The first 1-2 hours have been FUCKING incredible man. I seriously cannot believe how good this game is.

I am currently at "too quite" and shit, i have been impressed by EVERYTHING excluding the frame-rate dips. The sky-boxes/vistas, the graphics, how fucking huge the levels feel, the combat and that amazing sound, all fucking top notch shit. I hope the game continues to deliver because i truly am impressed. But most importantly, i really feel like i am having fun.

I know this post won't get much attention but damn, i have been converted into a Halo fan by the first 2 hours of this game. Hope the next one will be in the same vain as this.

Kambing said:
I know this post won't get much attention but damn, i have been converted into a Halo fan by the first 2 hours of this game. Hope the next one will be in the same vain as this.
You should give the campaigns of the original (I guess wait until CE Anniversary hits in a couple months now), and ODST a try as well. I found their campaigns to be stronger than Reach, but Reach is no slouch in that category either.

A27 Tawpgun said:
-LOL WRONG THREAD-

Wrote a huge Gears spoiler before I realized this was Reach thread lol. I hope I edited it out in time.

Anyway, no bloom is awesome, carry on.
I just finished Gears. So awesome. So much to talk about!

Kambing said:
LTTP on Reach...

So i just joined gamefly and decided to try out Halo Reach. Previously, I have tried to get into the halo series with entry 3 but man, i really did not click with that game. I actually found it downright bad. So today i am playing Halo Reach and the bad experience i had with Halo 3 really made me pessimistic about the game but mother fucker am i glad i tried it. The first 1-2 hours have been FUCKING incredible man. I seriously cannot believe how good this game is.

I am currently at "too quite" and shit, i have been impressed by EVERYTHING excluding the frame-rate dips. The sky-boxes/vistas, the graphics, how fucking huge the levels feel, the combat and that amazing sound, all fucking top notch shit. I hope the game continues to deliver because i truly am impressed. But most importantly, i really feel like i am having fun.

They don't call it one of the best FPS games ever made for nothing. Unless you're kylej.

heckfu

Banned
Kambing said:
LTTP on Reach...

there's this awesome mechanic on the game called bloom which makes the reticule expand when shooting. complete and AWESOME game changer.

Booshka

Kambing said:
LTTP on Reach...

Yea pick up Halo CE: Anniversary when it comes out Nov 15 if you haven't played the first Halo, Reach is the prequel to it. Glad you are enjoying it, I liked the Campaign a lot as well, a lot better than Halo 2 and Halo 3's Campaign imo. Halo CE is my favorite, but Reach has a very good Campaign.

Tawpgun

Kambing said:
LTTP on Reach...

It's clear this man hasn't played multiplayer yet.

kylej

Banned
Kambing said:
LTTP on Reach...

0073_1nbe(1).gif

Kambing

Rickenslacker said:
You should give the campaigns of the original (I guess wait until CE Anniversary hits in a couple months now), and ODST a try as well. I found their campaigns to be stronger than Reach, but Reach is no slouch in that category either.

You know what i think i will. I just am a little skeptical about their quality(don't flame me i am a halo noob) because Halo 3 really did leave a bad taste in my mouth. But yeah, getting the CE anniversary seems like a no brainer to me. On the note of gamefly, it is pretty cool that i was able to play the game and test it out without buying but i tell ya, i will be buying Halo Reach now. Even though the series has sold a shit ton, i really am fucking impressed at what i am playing that i want to support the developers.

Holy shit i just refreshed my browser and fuckkk lots of people replied LOL.

Tawpgun

Kambing said:
Holy shit i just refreshed my browser and fuckkk lots of people replied LOL.
Welcome to HaloGAF. We'll have you hating the game in a matter of days :p

Looking forward to your impressions of the multiplayer

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Kambing said:
LTTP on Reach...

Good for you. This game is the shit.

Kambing

kylej said:
http://escapedintothewaves.com/uploads/0073_1nbe(1).gif[img][/QUOTE]

LOL, even though we have differing opinions, this GIF gets me everytime.

However, in reply to your opinion i give you:

[IMG]http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l610/JeremyBramble/Iamwatchingyou.gif

and

LariAyam.gif

Kambing

Tunavi said:
Kambing, rent ODST next. Then get CEA when it comes out.

Yeah will do. But seriously, i am curious now, did you for example like Halo 3? I mean Halo 3 and Reach feel like really different games man. But anyway, i raise a glass to my Halo brethren and sisters alike. Back to playing the game =p

Top Bottom