• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tunavi

Banned
ZF6h6.png

this was retweeted by top tweets and instantly thought Games On Demand. LOL

Devolution said:
Yes obviously I can't type today, I also said spot instead of shot in an earlier post.
Ok, phew. It was really throwing me off what you were saying. I wasn't sure if I should have said anything in case you meant it and thought I was being pedantic :lol

But, just on that point, people will eat shots regardless of bloom settings.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why do NAT's sometimes stay open and then for no reason go moderate? I've done that port forwarding bullshit and it doesn't work for me. Why is it such a fucking mystery?

Welcome to your router sir! Would you like your NAT to be Open, Moderate or Closed?

Hi, thanks for having me. I would like my NAT to be Open and for it to stay open all the fucking time. Thanks so much!

No problem, have fun shitting on kids in Halo.

Oh I will, thanks router.

Hehe :)

I'm going crazy, obviously

feel

GhaleonEB said:
"People", perhaps. I am not, though. I just don't like the insta-death that is the 3-shot pistol I experienced. It just wasn't fun.

There is much in the TU I am looking forward to - I've said before that zero bloom DMRs on small maps was great - but the 'classic' pistol is not one of them. Fortunately, I will be able to avoid it easily.
The 3sk pistol at Halofest wasn't the Anniversary magnum they've been working on for the CEA playlists, David has said it countless times.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
The 3sk pistol at Halofest wasn't the Anniversary magnum they've been working on for the CEA playlists, David has said it countless times.
I know. (Note I specifically said "the 3-shot pistol I experienced", and referred to it in the past tense.) I also know that the classic gameplay/playlist is something I quite likely won't be interested in. That's less a critique of the concept than is is a comment on my play preferences.

kylej

Banned
oh my god. watching snipedown's stream and he just beat Suddoth 1/2's team -- two people on that team got 0 kills. snipedown's reaction is fucking hysterical. I love hearing people enjoy shit talk as much as I do.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
GG's to the H3 guys, that was fun. I should go pick up ODST for the maps.

Random question, does anyone have any more Star nameplates that they can gift? I want one but I don't have an iOS device.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
I know. (Note I specifically said "the 3-shot pistol I experienced", and referred to it in the past tense.) I also know that the classic gameplay/playlist is something I quite likely won't be interested in. That's less a critique of the concept than is is a comment on my play preferences.
Fair enough. I'm not looking for a playlist with superfast kill times so I'm not that excited for the 3sk one either even of it's a bit slower than what was at pax. Even Zero Bloom Classic games people have been playing on customs is a bit too fast for me. I hope the Halo 2 style gameplay we've been playing on customs with the focus on the DMR gets its own 4v4 slayer playlist, and that the DMR itself gets a slightly slower ROF.

@Judderman I sent a star your way

Yea I met some decent kid in FF then a week later I see his MM kills skyrocketed to like 100,000+ and only 20K something deaths I'm like OK this is bullshit.

Sure enough Four-Five people each with a couple guests signed in just playing Spire. All they do is just not kill any real accounts and just kill the guests, easy kills and the deaths get all washed out..

Simple solution count your guests KD into the real accounts.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tashi0106 said:
Why do NAT's sometimes stay open and then for no reason go moderate? I've done that port forwarding bullshit and it doesn't work for me. Why is it such a fucking mystery?

Welcome to your router sir! Would you like your NAT to be Open, Moderate or Closed?

Hi, thanks for having me. I would like my NAT to be Open and for it to stay open all the fucking time. Thanks so much!

No problem, have fun shitting on kids in Halo.

Oh I will, thanks router.

Hehe :)

I'm going crazy, obviously

Chris Butcher once explained this to me and he also explained why it was reasonable that you couldn't, for example, simply press a button in a browser and make your NAT open. But it was Chris Butcher, talking to me, about networks. Might as well have Heisenberg explain his uncertaintly principle to Snooky.

Tunavi

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I met some decent kid in FF then a week later I see his MM kills skyrocketed to like 100,000+ and only 20K something deaths I'm like OK this is bullshit.

Sure enough Four-Five people each with a couple guests signed in just playing Spire. All they do is just not kill any real accounts and just kill the guests, easy kills and the deaths get all washed out..

Simple solution count your guests KD into the real accounts.
meh, it doesn't really effect anything, just makes kids feel good about themselves

MrBig

There is no straight solution to maintaining an open NAT but the best thing you can do is put your 360 in a DMZ and assign it a static IP address.

Even with mine set up this way there was a week or so that Reach insisted that my NAT was restricted.

Tashi

OuterWorldVoice said:
Chris Butcher once explained this to me and he also explained why it was reasonable that you couldn't, for example, simply press a button in a browser and make your NAT open. But it was Chris Butcher, talking to me, about networks. Might as well have Heisenberg explain his uncertaintly principle to Snooky.

Or might as well have Einstein explain the immutability of C to Paula Abdul.

:p

I know :( It's just frustrating. I wish it could be simpler. I have to learn networking, it's so mysterious to me. Chris Butcher is a super genius.

edit: 2 of my teammates can't hear me in game. It's fucking ruining our practice. Hope an XBL party works

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tashi0106 said:
Or might as well have Einstein explain the immutability of C to Paula Abdul.

:p

I know :( It's just frustrating. I wish it could be simpler. I have to learn networking, it's so mysterious to me. Chris Butcher is a super genius.

You are experiencing communications via FTL neutrinos. They are leaking alternate multiverse fragments into this one.

feel

Devolution said:
H4 customs, let people choose who hosts them, thank you.
We should start keeping a master list of "little" things like this we unanimously want for Halo 4. Couldn't hurt.

Booshka

So even with the adjusted damage settings, you can still die by one nade if you are shot ONCE. This is a big problem, hopefully some more tweaking can be done, because you are almost always slightly weak and getting nuked by one nade before your shields are even beeping is frustrating.

It would be nice if the nade would take you down to low yellow or red health. I like that a nade doesn't do too much damage when you are full shields, but getting shot once then blowing up needs to fixed somehow. Keep tweaking settings people.

Lazslo

I went back and started listening to old Bungie Podcasts, I'm currently listening to the Dave Dunn episode (My favorite ep of all them) from way back from October of 2007. To me it was the glory days with that communtiy dream team of Luke, Sketch and Franky, it's crazy that none of those dudes are still involved with Bungie's community team these days if there even is a community team anymore.Today their community efforts seem like it's slacking. Granted right now the team is in between projects, I still don't understand why they don't even have a monthly Update just to reach out a little bit to their fans and let us know what's going on. Maybe they want 343 to shine during this time (their updates/community efforts are great) but I think most of us here on Gaf are more fans of Bungie then Halo. Urk's doing a great job and Hopefully things will pick up as we get closer to the announcement of Destiny; but lately it just seems like they are doing things completely different from their past community efforts. Even during the time between Halo: 3/Halo: Recon and Reach, Bungie was still very good with their communications to the fans with Weekly Updates and the rare podcast. Lately it's really quiet except for that awesome ViDoc even though it didn't say anything new but hinted at some good things to come. I just hope the way Bungie does things now isn't going to continue for much longer once they have shit to talk about. If it does oh well- I'm already starting to get use to it, I don't even think about reading the wwu on Fridays.
tl;dr: I want me some podcasts or an weekly update every once in while. I still <3 Bungie.

wwm0nkey

Booshka said:
So even with the adjusted damage settings, you can still die by one nade if you are shot ONCE. This is a big problem, hopefully some more tweaking can be done, because you are almost always slightly weak and getting nuked by one nade before your shields are even beeping is frustrating.

It would be nice if the nade would take you down to low yellow or red health. I like that a nade doesn't do too much damage when you are full shields, but getting shot once then blowing up needs to fixed somehow. Keep tweaking settings people.
Are you sure about that because I have thrown 2 grenades near me and havent gotten killed. The new settings make the grenades MUCH better.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lazslo said:
I think most of us here on Gaf are more fans of Bungie then Halo.
I dunno, there's plenty of people here who lost faith in Bungie after Reach, and who are more excited about 343 (hopefully) bringing the Halo franchise back to it's god tier status. I wouldn't say GAF is markedly more excited for Destiny. Personally, I'm excited for both projects.

And as far as Bungie's recent aloofness goes, I wouldn't worry about it. They're working their magic, probably. It'll be awesome once they're ready to show it off (or tease about it).

orznge

Banned
omg.kittens said:
I dunno, there's plenty of people here who lost faith in Bungie after Reach, and who are more excited about 343 (hopefully) bringing the Halo franchise back to it's god tier status. I wouldn't say GAF is markedly more excited for Destiny. Personally, I'm excited for both projects.

And as far as Bungie's recent aloofness goes, I wouldn't worry about it. They're working their magic, probably. It'll be awesome once they're ready to show it off (or tease about it).

"recent"

FyreWulff

OuterWorldVoice said:

tl;dr We need to all get over to IPv6 already

ElRenoRaven

Lazslo said:
I think most of us here on Gaf are more fans of Bungie then Halo.

Sadly I'd bet that 3/4ths of Halogaf didn't have a clue who Bungie were pre Halo. Hence I would say you're wrong. Sure some of us were Bungie fans pre Halo and will be long after Halo but most here probably weren't and won't be.

feel

Booshka said:

Isn't this only if it lands right on feet of the player who is not fully shielded? With the high jumping and fast movement speed I think that sort of perfect grenade placement shouldn't go so unrewarded.

PsychoRaven said:
Sadly I'd bet that 3/4ths of Halogaf didn't have a clue who Bungie were pre Halo. Hence I would say you're wrong. Sure some of us were Bungie fans pre Halo and will be long after Halo but most here probably weren't and won't be.
That's not fair to those of us who grew up as console gamers.

Bungie won me over with its weekly updates and community outreach. Halo is a fantastic series, but without these elements, I wouldn't be nearly the fan that I am now.

Tashi

PsychoRaven said:

I had never heard of Bungie before Halo but I will love Bungie forever and ever now.

PsychoRaven said:

I played Marathon =O.

thezerofire said:
I'd say I'm much more of a halo fan than a bungie fan, especially after reach

Yeah, same. I thought that after Bungie left I wouldn't have anything to do with Halo, but if anything now I'm more excited for the universe. I guess it's the lore and the series in general than the actual company.

ElRenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
I had never heard of Bungie before Halo but I will love Bungie forever and ever now.

That's good to hear. The more that stick around as Bungie fans the better. I always suggest to those that found Bungie with Halo or later to go back and find their old games. You can find most of them easily. Hell Marathon series is very easy and then even Myth you can find easily on Amazon. ONI without a doubt is a must play too I feel. It's just an amazing game. Sure the controls were a bit rough but damn it's amazing fun. I always dream of a day that they would end with ONI again and make it's proper sequel. With everything they learned from Halo I could only imagine how smooth it would control and how awesome it would be.

Lazslo said:
I went back and started listening to old Bungie Podcasts, I'm currently listening to the Dave Dunn episode (My favorite ep of all them) from way back from October of 2007. To me it was the glory days with that communtiy dream team of Luke, Sketch and Franky, it's crazy that none of those dudes are still involved with Bungie's community team these days if there even is a community team anymore.Today their community efforts seem like it's slacking. Granted right now the team is in between projects, I still don't understand why they don't even have a monthly Update just to reach out a little bit to their fans and let us know what's going on. Maybe they want 343 to shine during this time (their updates/community efforts are great) but I think most of us here on Gaf are more fans of Bungie then Halo. Urk's doing a great job and Hopefully things will pick up as we get closer to the announcement of Destiny; but lately it just seems like they are doing things completely different from their past community efforts. Even during the time between Halo: 3/Halo: Recon and Reach, Bungie was still very good with their communications to the fans with Weekly Updates and the rare podcast. Lately it's really quiet except for that awesome ViDoc even though it didn't say anything new but hinted at some good things to come. I just hope the way Bungie does things now isn't going to continue for much longer once they have shit to talk about. If it does oh well- I'm already starting to get use to it, I don't even think about reading the wwu on Fridays.
tl;dr: I want me some podcasts or an weekly update every once in while. I still <3 Bungie.
Ah, the community dream team. The should have made some collectible trading cards.

It's hard to make a podcast when you can't even mention the name of the game. I don't think the community would be crazy about monthly updates consisting of little more than "Still working on the game. Be brave." Besides, it's not like Bungie.net is completely silent either, we've been getting an appropriate number of updates on Crimson.

It looks like they're letting 343/Waypoint handle all of the Halo news from now on anyways. It makes sense, Bungie isn't creating any more Halo content. I'm sure Bungie.net will come out of cryo and resume the steady stream of updates once there's actually something to talk about.

omg.kittens said:
It's hard to be excited for something that hasn't been revealed yet. We have a Halo 4 trailer to watch over and over. The fiction can already be discussed, the gameplay has a heritage.

What do we have for Destiny? A symbol and some t-shirts. That's enough for me to enjoy and write articles on, but it isn't exactly going to keep the forums on fire. I'm sure once we have tangible news we'll see GAF just as excited for Destiny as they currently are for Halo 4.

I'm looking forward to both games too. I get a new Halo game and a completely new Bungie IP. It's like someone telling me there's a new Lord of the Rings movie AND a new Alien movie coming out next year.

Top Bottom