• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Striker said:
WrOsX.gif

Approve.

H3 is the suck.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I played some H3 the other day, and... yeah, not so hot.

Post-TU Reach will probably be my favorite ever, even with the bad design decisions that will still be leftover.

Falagard said:
You guys are wrong. Shadowrun is the best Halo game.
I never even heard of that game until, like, six months ago in this thread. I dunno how I missed it.

feel

I will wait to see how they handle the playlists post TU before giving the online multiplayers any new rankings. If I don't get a ZBTS classic playlist they might as well keep the TU.

Letters said:
I will wait to see how they handle the playlists post TU before giving the online multiplayers any new rankings. If I don't get a ZBTS classic playlist they might as well keep the TU.

Well there will for sure be Anniversary ("classic") playlist(s) once CEA comes out.

It is going to be very interesting to see how they handle this TU from a matchmaking point of view. What are the new playlists, what are their settings, what stuff gets integrated into existing playlists?

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
If there is a Zero bloom team slayer playlist using the GAF settings then I don't think I would touch another playlist besides that and classic lol

Seriously though 4v4 customs with those settings are the most fun I've had with Halo in a while.

EDIT: Oh and btw 343 you might want to hit these guys with the ban hammer

Farooq

Banned
What the fuck happened to H3 customs?

The Pit, Guardian, Citadel...Shit man, I want to play these maps without going into MM trying to get guests to veto AR starts.

Havok

Zeouterlimits said:
Halo 3 being badly slagged?
TU Reach rated above it with it out less than a week?

Am disappoint.
If it makes you feel better, I and others who've already posted would put vanilla Reach above it too.

Hydranockz said:
Guests, guests, guests.
I didn't notice that they are guests in the party. But it explains it now.

Zeouterlimits said:
Halo 3 being badly slagged?
TU Reach rated above it with it out less than a week?

Am disappoint. Certainly has problems, but the pile on..
I haven't a lot experiences with the TU yet. But I would rank TU Reach above Halo 3. But you are right. We only played one gametype. And the good experience could change into bad ones. See Halo Reach beta.

Farooq

Banned
Havok said:
If it makes you feel better, I and others who've already posted would put vanilla Reach above it too.

Now that shit is fucked up...

lol.

Devolution said:
Euros + Americans + h3 netcode is what happened to customs.

That's putting way too much stress on poor H3. You have to treat her gently...

Farooq said:
What the fuck happened to H3 customs?

The Pit, Guardian, Citadel...Shit man, I want to play these maps without going into MM trying to get guests to veto AR starts.

Euros + Americans + h3 netcode is what happened to customs.

FyreWulff

Tashi0106 said:
I tend to aim lower so I can see more of the map too. I don't know how often I do it though.

People always point out that I do it and rib me for it, AIN'T NEVER GONNA CHANGE

I think I picked up the habit in Halo 2, so not sure if the reticule position even influenced me there. Does help you see more of the map though.

feel

I need to stop checking gaf. Halo 3 hate makes me sad. It wouldn't be so bad if it was relative to the previous Halos, but when compared to fuckin Reach??? uuuuughhhhj

Farooq

Banned
Letters said:
I need to stop checking gaf. Halo 3 hate makes me sad. It wouldn't be so bad if it was relative to the previous Halos, but when compared to fuckin Reach??? uuuuughhhhj

You got room in your party man?

I am fiending like an addict.

Hypertrooper said:
I didn't notice that they are guests in the party. But it explains it now.

I haven't a lot experiences with the TU yet. But I would rank TU Reach above Halo 3. But you are right. We only played one gametype. And the good experience could change into bad ones. See Halo Reach beta.
Oh gosh if we are including Betas...

1. Halo 2
2. Halo 3 Beta
3. Halo Reach Title Update (This could move given we have only had a taste so far)
4. Halo Reach Beta
5. Halo 3
6. Halo Reach

Havok said:

I'd be in that camp. Certainly Reach has some very very odd design choices in some aspects of the game, but for me its still more enjoyable to play than Halo 3. Not saying it blows H3 out of the water by any means though.

TU Reach though, is flat-out awesome.

Lol Reach no bloom has plenty of problems of its own. Sure Halo 3 may be laggy but when I get get friends who live locally to play its a blast. Its just a shame its so laggy over live now.

MIMIC

Banned
Who needs a rocket launcher when you got grenades @_@

Holy shit, I don't think I'll ever get used to the mega damage grenades do in this game.

wwm0nkey

MIMIC said:
Who needs a rocket launcher when you got grenades @_@

Holy shit, I don't think I'll ever get used to the mega damage grenades do in this game.
Play the GAF zero bloom gametype. Grenades are no longer nukes on it and it is amazing.

KidA Seven said:
Here is a pretty good write up on what made competitive CE, CE and how it differentiated more and more with each Halo installment. Long read, but worth it.

http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/248594-killakc-and-community-how-to-make-a-halo-game/
Interesting read. I'm not going to get into how each successive Halo installment gets further and further away from the original formula, but I did like the part on Lunchbox's quote:
Lunchbox in a recent interview summed it up well, "We just wait for us to have more numbers (as in more players alive) and then we push." Not very bright gameplay and this is coming from the top team. It's once again down to teamshooting while pushing aggressively.
While waiting for numbers is smart, it's not a very deep strategy. But in Reach, that's what it boils down to much of the time. It's so true. I hate team shooting. It's not a display of skill so much as it is taking advantage of weak starting weapons. That's why games with quitters are so bad in Reach and why a team of people in a party together are so lethal . Numbers trump real talent.
And numerous power weapons don't help the issue :p
The emphasis on map/weapon control changed slowly with Halo2 and has only gotten worse in my own non-professional opinion.

This is odd!
Link

It Appears to be long night of solace but with a carbine, different textures and an halo 2 elite player model.

A few things strike me as wierd.

A carbine makes me think its not reach since i dont think models (however crude} can be ported into it

The graphics are obviously above halo 1/2 level so pc modding seems out of the question

The Elite model looks like the one from halo 2.

The BSP of LNoS could of been ripped but it seems to behave exactly like LNoS so some one would of had to painfully rescript everything in what ever engine is being used.

My best guess would be halo reach but again the imported models throw me off.

Deputy Moonman said:
Interesting read. I'm not going to get into how each successive Halo installment gets further and further away from the original formula, but I did like the part on Lunchbox's quote:

While waiting for numbers is smart, it's not a very deep strategy. But in Reach, that's what it boils down to much of the time. It's so true. I hate team shooting. It's not a display of skill so much as it is taking advantage of weak starting weapons. That's why games with quitters are so bad in Reach and why a team of people in a party together are so lethal . Numbers trump real talent.
The emphasis on map/weapon control changed slowly with Halo2 and has only gotten worse in my own non-professional opinion.

With no bloom you can have incredible team work or save your self if you run into two guys. Good teamshotting trumps individual skill but it doesn't make it near impossible to outjuke two people if you're indeed the better player. Or take on a second person after you killed the first.

FyreWulff

Deputy Moonman said:

Just wait until the teamshooting in 8v8 customs when they release the CE:A magnum gametype!

If more than 3 people teamshoot you at once, they should script it so you detonate in a bomb explosion

FyreWulff said:
Just wait until the teamshooting in 8v8 customs when they release the CE:A magnum gametype!

If more than 3 people teamshoot you at once, they should script it so you detonate in a bomb explosion

Oh please. If you're being shot by 3 different opposing team mates you and your team is playing wrong to begin with. God forbid people die by doing stupid shit in a team game.

Top Bottom