• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The Real Napsta said:
Maruchan > Nissin

Perhaps you'd be right if this wasn't the limited edition, ultra rare, enhanced ramen recipe, Nakamoto Tanmen ordered DIRECTLY from 711's special edition HQ. And then shipped, at huge risk to his own personal liberty, by ShishkaBasedGod.

But it is that. And wrong you are.

Gabotron ES said:
BTB games played: 342
BTB games played on Highlands, Breakpoint or Tempest: 0

feels-bad-man-thumb.jpg

Same with invasion, Breakpoint is my favorite invasion map ever and I have to go play Premium Battle to enjoy it, wtf?
Needs moar DLC required playlists please!
Are you really an European?

ncsuDuncan said:
Why didn't you go play one more game of BTB before making that post? I am disappoint.
:lol didn't notice that, wouldn't it be funny if my 343rd game was actually on a DLC map?
won't happen :(

Hypertrooper said:
Are you really an European?
Yup, I'm from Spain, why do you ask? probably my english :lol

Am I the only one who thinks the pistol isn't that overpowered? You still run out of bullets really quickly, and unless you have the most steady aim in the world it's still going to be close with a dmr at medium range

Gabotron ES said:
:lol didn't notice that, wouldn't it be funny if my 343rd game was actually on a DLC map?
won't happen :(

Yup, I'm from Spain, why do you ask? probably my english :lol
No. I'm asking, because European have the DLC bonus. They will match with other DLC owners, so they could play on the DLC maps. lol.

senador

Banned
thezerofire said:
Am I the only one who thinks the pistol isn't that overpowered? You still run out of bullets really quickly, and unless you have the most steady aim in the world it's still going to be close with a dmr at medium range

From what little (10-20 games?) I have played of zero bloom I agree.

Hypertrooper said:
No. I'm asking, because European have the DLC bonus. They will match with other DLC owners, so they could play on the DLC maps. lol.
Oh I see, sadly that's not my situation, I wonder what happened to Bungie's super effective DLC algorithm to match DLC owners together?

ElRenoRaven

Gabotron ES said:
Oh I see, sadly that's not my situation, I wonder what happened to Bungie's super effective DLC algorithm to match DLC owners together?

It's honestly never been that great. I figure that is mainly due to the amount of DLC purchasers to non purchasers is probably a huge differences.

Gabotron ES said:

It was a lie apparently.

It is odd that Euros seem to consistently have a much better experience getting DLC maps to come up than us Americans.

Also, now I have to eat Ramen once I get home today. Sounds so good lol.

feel

ncsuDuncan said:
This should be the standard response to anyone that complains about the 3-shot CE pistol coming back.

(I tried to come up with something along the lines of "pacers gonna pace" or "bloomers gonna bloom" but I don't think they work very well. Reachers gonna reach?)
better just having him prance by without text
2dsmv0h.jpg

lol
Tashi0106 said:
Wow major melt down in the buy sell trade thread.

That is all.
Damn you weren't exaggerating. Didn't feel like reading into it to see who was right or wrong, but it sucks seeing a long time member trying to help the community walk away all pissed off like that.

ElRenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:

That is all.

Just reminds me of why I don't use it. If I sell anything I sell it on Amazon. Screw this let's have some loosely based rules that can't really be enforced BS. I'd rather have a history of my item, it's listing, and a set price. Then if I get screwed buying it or in the process of selling it I have recourse and can recover my money. All without some stupid ass childish drama.

And yes that OP edit in the thread is hilarious. As is the ongoing meltdown.

Kibbles

thezerofire said:
I think it's perfect.

I guess 343i has been watching me. I've been trying to reach the silver commendation for Crack Shot and with the weekly, I'll easily pass the 4000 mark

OuterWorldVoice said:
Perhaps you'd be right if this wasn't the limited edition, ultra rare, enhanced ramen recipe, Nakamoto Tanmen ordered DIRECTLY from 711's special edition HQ. And then shipped, at huge risk to his own personal liberty, by ShishkaBasedGod.

senador said:
From what little (10-20 games?) I have played of zero bloom I agree.

Our customs actually make the pistol a 4 shot, rather than a 3 shot. On normal settings it would be 3.

stephen08 said:
Who would have thought all those posts that boiled down to "remove bloom -> fix game" were oversimplifying the issue?

I'm getting a little ruffled at the condescension here. I don't recall anyone saying no bloom would be a cure all for every single one of Reach's ills. Or that it would be perfect with the current RoF and magnetism. If you don't like it, Vanilla Reach is there at your disposal. Many of us have liked the playstyle, watching our bullets matter more than ever, even when people eat shots. And oh yeah, strafing is pretty damn nice.

Even with its flaws I consider no bloom a hell of a lot more fun. As do others. We even discuss and tweak our customs to resolve some issues. It's nice having people in this community coming together to make customs better, instead of just saying "well that sucks." And yes there are some issues we can't just fix in the settings, but that's true of bloom reach.

To me the important part is people are having fun and we're trying to accommodate the best settings to keep things balanced and competitive. <douche>That's more than I can say for how Vanilla Reach was handled. </douche>

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
And now it's locked. A new one will rise soon and I hope the feedback stays. It's a real shame how it turned out.

Man I can't wait to get home and play some Halo. I have to work on my skills.

ElRenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
And now it's locked. A new one will rise soon and I hope the feedback stays. It's a real shame how it turned out.

Man I can't wait to get home and play some Halo. I have to work on my skills.

It really is sad. It was hilarious to watch but sad too. Hopefully they get their new one and their community continues to do ok. And I agree. I've not played in a couple of days. I so need to get on and play a couple of games. I just have these spurts. I'll play for 2 or 3 days then not again for almost a week. Then it's another 2 or 3 day spurt.

squidhands said:
When Ram said that the new Horde was better than Reach's FF, he was being modest. Ghaleon, buy the new Gears, please.
It really is. My "holy shit" moment from yesterday:

Me, my friend, and one other were playing Horde on Overpass yesterday. We got to wave 10, the boss battle (every tenth wave is a boss battle), and a Brumak spawned in one corner of the map. We were making our stand in the middle of the map because there's only one way the AI can get to us and we'd have the high ground because it's one long staircase, allowing us to funnel them into one path and making it easier to take 'em out. We'd figure it'd be easier to take out all the other AI before we dealt with the Brumak. And so we did, taking out the other Locust while the Brumak remains stationary in his corner laying down fire on us. At last we take out the final Locust and turn our attention to the Brumak. As we were doing so, the Brumak started marching toward us, up the staircase, leaving us trapped. Many expletives of the Unusual Kind were had, mostly out of shock and horror.

I, fortunately, managed to escape. The Brumak managed to block my other teammates off and kill them. For the next four or five minutes I was playing cat and mouse with the Brumak. I was finally able to take him down with a mortar.

Too bad this game doesn't have a saved films feature.

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:

Me, my friend, and one other were playing Horde on Overpass yesterday. We got to wave 10, the boss battle (every tenth wave is a boss battle), and a Brumak spawned in one corner of the map. We were making our stand in the middle of the map because there's only one way the AI can get to us and we'd have the high ground because it's one long staircase, allowing us to funnel them into one path and making it easier to take 'em out. We'd figure it'd be easier to take out all the other AI before we dealt with the Brumak. And so we did, taking out the other Locust while the Brumak remains stationary in his corner laying down fire on us. At last we take out the final Locust and turn our attention to the Brumak. As we were doing so, the Brumak started marching toward us, up the staircase, leaving us trapped. Many expletives of the Unusual Kind were had, mostly out of shock and horror.

I, fortunately, managed to escape. The Brumak managed to block my other teammates off and kill them. For the next four or five minutes I was playing cat and mouse with the Brumak. I was finally able to take him down with a mortar.

Wow. That actually sounds damn amazing.

Dax01 said:

Add to that fact that I think the Brumak is actually the easiest boss wave and you really get some perspective on it.

Tawpgun

thezerofire said:
Add to that fact that I think the Brumak is actually the easiest boss wave and you really get some perspective on it.
Reavers were pretty easy.

But Beserkers? Fuck that shit. When enemies have 2 x health they are goddamn impossible.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:

That is all.
The OP is fine enough, but hot damn it was an old school meltdown the last few pages. Just wow. :lol
Dax01 said:
Still? I thought they'd have put one in after three games and the extra year for this one.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Reavers were pretty easy.

But Beserkers? Fuck that shit. When enemies have 2 x health they are goddamn impossible.
I didn't see Reavers yet. Just
Brumaks, Berserkers, mini-Corpsers, and Gunkers

I don't know if that's a necessary spoiler, but I figured I'd be careful

Havok

squidhands said:
When Ram said that the new Horde was better than Reach's FF, he was being modest. Ghaleon, buy the new Gears, please.
It's a really amazing mode, but I think they scratch totally different itches for me. Horde is such a meaty, lengthy progression that I don't tend to play it by myself (because it's a test of self-restraint to keep myself from shouting at the randoms who don't understand how to spend their money), while Firefight is a spur-of-the-moment arcadey experience that I can run through by myself waiting for others to get on. Maybe someday someone will package the two experiences into one delicious bundle.

(I will play Horde with any and all comers, shoot me a message)

Every game should have a theatre mode.

Odd question, with the Halo 3 and Reach theatre mode how fast exactly is the fast forward? I imagine its around twice as fast making 10 minute videos show in 5 minutes? I could probably test it myself but was just wondering if anyone knew.

Im planning to use Halo 3 to learn After Effects and video editing. I originally planned to make a montage to learn it BUT considering how many clips I would need to weed through to do that it seems like a huge time investment before I even get to play with the software. I may just use random clips to learn it. It wont give me a project to do but at least I will save time lol.

GhaleonEB said:
The OP is fine enough, but hot damn it was an old school meltdown the last few pages. Just wow. :lol

Still? I thought they'd have put one in after three games and the extra year for this one.

I remember Gears 2 having like a picture mode thing and I thought the logical next step was a video mode. Shame they didnt impliment it.

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:
I would need to like Gears a lot more than I like Gears. :(

I'm hoping Firefight gets a thorough update with Halo 4.

Add me to the list that thinks Horde in Gears 3 is amazing. Hopefully Firefight in Halo 4 has the kind of improvements that Horde got in Gears 3.

I'm home now, time for some of that ramen that Frank put in my head this morning.

Shit, we gotta get some HaloGAF Horde, Beast and 4 player Insane co-op going soon. I just finished the campaign solo and haven't dived into anything else yet. And I'm too lazy to try to assimilate myself into another GAF sub community. :/

Ken

Barrow Roll said:
Shit, we gotta get some HaloGAF Horde, Beast and 4 player Insane co-op going soon. I just finished the campaign solo and haven't dived into anything else yet. And I'm too lazy to try to assimilate myself into another GAF sub community. :/
I'm up for Horde.

I randomly crashed Yeti's party last night and completed all 12 Waves of Beast on Insane (my first time playing Beast mode). Was fun.

Top Bottom