• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
PsychoRaven said:
Sad to hear about that Frankie. Some do take customs way way too seriously sadly. Not all of us do. I know I'm usually playing just to have fun which sadly means the team I'm on is so going to lose. lol

Oh, and a hint to Ritalin Millennial kids, NOTHING makes your team mates play worse than you freaking out at them about how bad they are playing. If you want your team mates to play better, support them through action or words. You are not a staff sergeant, you cannot whip someone into shape over Live with your poorly constructed advice.

The reason the score at the end is so low, is YOU. Not your team mates. You made them suck worse than they would have, unaided.

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
Who was on our team in random customs last night that didn't stop yelling, "Frankie, step it up, get some kills!?" And generally took customs with friends waaaaaaay too seriously and kind of ruined the session?
It was that korpah guy... he kept bitching about your skills when he came over to our team.. we went "uugh.. who cares" and then we proceeded to laugh when he died by your hand a few times. I rolled eyes when he wanted to change teams badly too, that shit is just not the gaf customs vibe. Overdoziz later got stuck with me and deputy on his team on a 3v3 game, and he took the beating like a champ, now that's the spirit! xD

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:
Oh, and a hint to Ritalin Millennial kids, NOTHING makes your team mates play worse than you freaking out at them about how bad they are playing. If you want your team mates to play better, support them through action or words. You are not a staff sergeant, you cannot whip someone into shape over Live with your poorly constructed advice.

The reason the score at the end is so low, is YOU. Not your team mates. You made them suck worse than they would have, unaided.

You're right too. I know when I hear someone bitching at the team and saying how much we suck I immediately start just running out there and getting killed just to piss them off.

Ironically however the person bitching most of the time isn't doing so hot themselves either.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Letters said:
It was that korpah guy... he kept bitching about your skills when he came over to our team.. we went "uugh.. who cares" and then we proceeded to laugh when he died by your hand a few times

I am going to ban him and perm change his voice to Princess Peach.

kylej

Banned
PooBone said:
No my reason for asking you to STFU is because there is precisely zero evidence that that is anywhere even remotely close to what you'll be doing. By all indications, there won't even be Covenant. Hearing Frankie say that one guy wanted to do something different than what they are actually doing is not a cry of "WE ARE DOING THE SAME THING AND HE WANTED TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT." On the contrary, they are doing their own take on Halo, how different it is nobody knows, but it's not as radically different as Payton would have liked. If Halo 4 was Metal Gear Halo, 343 would be crucified, and rightly so. But to sit and pretend you have evidence that Halo 4 is the exact same formula of characters/enemies/objectives/tropes is completely asinine and it needs to be pointed out. In reality, the more and more details we find out, the more your bullshit sounds completely off-base.

So again, kylej, STFU.

lol

Letters said:
It was that korpah guy... he kept bitching about your skills when he came over to our team.. we went "uugh.. who cares" and then we proceeded to laugh when he died by your hand a few times

That dude's Bnet profile is at tryhard status level red. Seriously lacking in Halo Honor.

KORPAH

Neo Member
Woah guys, settle down. I was just having some chatty fun last night, that's all. If you took it differently, then sorry about that. I wasn't being personal with anyone, just playing around. Sure it was customs, but we were playing competitive gametypes... so why wouldn't people try a little?

Also, if you got the impression that I was bitching... then you were taking me too seriously :p -- I guess I won't be that rowdy around you GAF folk.

EDIT: I'd be down for Princess Peach voice.

senador said:
Prolly Booshka. ;)

I have fun in customs but they are a bit too intense and serious for me I think. It doesn't help that everyone is much better than me.
This, we should play Speed and Invasion: Highlands instead... all the time. No joking.

PsychoRaven said:
Sad to hear about that Frankie. Some do take customs way way too seriously sadly. Not all of us do. I know I'm usually playing just to have fun which sadly means the team I'm on is so going to lose. lol

192efr.gif

Letters said:
How dare he disrespect Based Frankie. Blacklisted from customs.

ElRenoRaven

Gabotron ES said:
This, we should play Speed and Invasion: Highlands instead... all the time. No joking.

http://i43.tinypic.com/192efr.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hmm. You're lucky I just happened to be watching A Batman movie today. I'm going to be nice to you.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SUPjn.gif

PsychoRaven said:
Hmm. You're lucky I just happened to be watching A Batman movie today. I'm going to be nice to you.

SUPjn.gif
Crap, where did the pencil go?
I was just joking around, I don't usually perform very well on GAF's zero bloom ultra competitive games :p but I always have a good time playing with those folks

ElRenoRaven

Gabotron ES said:
Crap, where did the pencil go?
I was just joking around, I don't usually perform very well on GAF's zero bloom ultra competitive games :p

Oh I know. I just wanted to get in on all the gif posting. It's sad that's the best one I could find of that scene. The rest were way too huge.

Steelyuhas said:
Keep it clean people!
I recently changed the Gmail alert tone on my phone to the Superintendent's comm beep. Every time I get an email now I smile.

My text message alert is the invite/message sound from Halo 2. :)

Louis Wu

thee henery said:
Capture-5.jpg

Lol at guests in Team Snipers
I'm curious how that's even possible - the guy's GUEST went 0-14... but the player himself went 0-0? (He couldn't have quit out early - well, earlier than his guest - because then the guest would have left.)

Bizarre. Did he just hide the whole game?

Edit: DOH, never mind, I was looking at the wrong guy.

ncsuDuncan said:
I recently changed the Gmail alert tone on my phone to the Superintendent's comm beep. Every time I get an email now I smile.

Link? is there any way I can download it?

daedalius

ncsuDuncan said:

My text message alert is the overshield from H3 ;)

ncsuDuncan said:

That is fucking awesome.

Any linktacular action?

Gabotron ES said:

Don't have the link to the SI sounds on me right now, but try searching the BWU archive on HBO for "superintendent incoming mp3". Not sure where I got the Halo 2 message sound.

If you still can't find it by tonight I'll send you a link when I get home (or just put the files up on my site).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
OuterWorldVoice said:
Nah, Booshka knows I suck iredeemably. It was annoying because it was customs and whoever it was was acting like I was hitting his rank. One game I got two kills and finished last, I get it, be mad. But another, I got ten kills and finished middle and he was still all, "BK u suxorz"

If it makes you feel better last time I played (Saturday) with Gaf I just got demolished because my DMR (no bloom) skills are very rusty. I tend to like to play more balanced games, but each game turned into DMR battlezone. :p

OuterWorldVoice said:
Nah, Booshka knows I suck iredeemably. It was annoying because it was customs and whoever it was was acting like I was hitting his rank. One game I got two kills and finished last, I get it, be mad. But another, I got ten kills and finished middle and he was still all, "BK u suxorz"
Add me to your FL, and I promise to make you look like one of the TJ's. ;-)

edit: Wu, those come up as "forbidden" for me.

Letters said:
It was that korpah guy... he kept bitching about your skills when he came over to our team.. we went "uugh.. who cares" and then we proceeded to laugh when he died by your hand a few times. I rolled eyes when he wanted to change teams badly too, that shit is just not the gaf customs vibe. Overdoziz later got stuck with me and deputy on his team on a 3v3 game, and he took the beating like a champ, now that's the spirit! xD

Yeah. He was pretty obnoxious. "I can only do so much for the entire team." Oh shut up. Oh yeah and "balancing" the teams so he could win. Saw right through that shit. Next time I'm putting my foot down if someone is going to be such a jerk. I wasn't running them though.

Korpah it didn't sound at all like fun, it was mean.

senador

Banned
Edit: Beaten so badly.

Gabotron ES said:

Here's my copies I downloaded when first released:

Virgil In

Virgil Out

I had them as text tones on my iPhone when it was jailbroken. It was pretty cool but they were really loud. They need to be toned down for use I think.

Louis Wu

squidhands said:
Add me to your FL, and I promise to make you look like one of the TJ's. ;-)

edit: Wu, those come up as "forbidden" for me.
lol - that'll teach me not to check before posting; I posted, checked, saw the problem, fixed it - already locked you out. ;)

(They're fine now.)

TheOddOne

canadian crowe said:
So after playing Gears 3 and enjoying the co-op campaign, is it worth getting into Reach? I assume it has a fairly active community still. I've really looking for a multiplayer game so I don't have to buy MW3 or BF3 to scratch that multiplayer itch.
GET IT.

Homeboyd

Devolution said:
Yeah. He was pretty obnoxious. "I can only do so much for the entire team." Oh shut up. Oh yeah and "balancing" the teams so he could win. Saw right through that shit. Next time I'm putting my foot down if someone is going to be such a jerk. I wasn't running them though.

Korpah it didn't sound at all like fun, it was mean.
Yeah I don't enjoy customs with that kind of shit going on either. You may have been kidding, Korpah, but based on what everyone else is saying, it sounds like you weren't and I'll probably do my best to avoid customs with these kinds of folk. Not that you care..

OuterWorldVoice said:
Who was on our team in random customs last night that didn't stop yelling, "Frankie, step it up, get some kills!?" And generally took customs with friends waaaaaaay too seriously and kind of ruined the session?

Wow that sucks. Last time I played HaloGaf customs I got donged on by people invis camping. lol People take customs way too seriously.

Deputy Moonman said:
I'm watching the movie "Alien" while at work with most of the office lights turned off. The world needs more alien horror movies in my opinion. "Prometheus" better be good next year, but I don't have a lot of confidence in it, seeing how the last good alien movie was "Aliens" in 1986. What have we gotten since then?

Dude no way. I just watched that like a day or two ago in anticipation for Prometheus myself. Awesome movie, but to be honest it wasnt as good as the hype makes out. I must admit it was the first time I had seen it though and it had already been kinda spoiled.

take a look at this great article about gears 3, SPOILER WARNING BTW.

Its a nice look at the game that isnt omg so good 9.00000

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1196829p1.html

Related to customs, I don't understand why some people take it so seriously. I consistently get harassed because I suggest something that isn't: Slayer, DMR's, no vehicles, no 8v8.

Even before ZBS, it feels like GAF customs have really degraded.

So shut up, and lets play more jump-rope :D

I guess I'll go ahead and list the other files I have.

Texts/alerts:

Power Rangers Comm. beep (voicemail alert)
Wilhelm scream (phone error)
Star Trek TOS Comm. chirp (Twitter alert, everyone thinks it's a dolphin.)

Ringtones:
(I have a different one for each friend/family member depending on our shared tastes)

Metal Gear Solid Codec ring
The Office theme
Arrested Development theme
Always Sunny theme
Futurama theme
Cat Party (from Frisky Dingo)
Axel F (Beverly Hills Cop theme)
Castle Crashers - Menu theme
Castle Crashers - End Credits theme
Star Wars - TIE Fighter Attack

If you guys want one let me know and I'll try uploading them somewhere when I get home tonight. I'll definitely put up the Halo 2 message alert though.

A27_StarWolf said:
Related to customs, I don't understand why some people take it so seriously. I consistently get harassed because I suggest something that isn't: Slayer, DMR's, no vehicles, no 8v8.

Even before ZBS, it feels like GAF customs have really degraded.

So shut up, and lets play more jump-rope :D

I get frustrated when I can't kill people, but I tell people it's never directed at them. Latency can be such a jackass. When people trash talk other people in certain ways then it gets personal and that's not cool. I mean the whole point of customs/playing with GAF for me is to avoid the whole "BK BK BK" "you got raped" etc etc.

KORPAH

Neo Member
Yikes, okay. Didn't know everyone took everything anyone ever said seriously. I guess I'll just keep away from the GAF customs because that's just how I am. Sorry to those I offended, it was all (in my opinion) light-hearted fun.

Also, I never talked any personal trash to anyone -- people just seem to be saying stuff that I said when I didn't at all.

gl hf gg

Devolution said:
I get frustrated when I can't kill people, but I tell people it's never directed at them. Latency can be such a jackass. When people trash talk other people in certain ways then it gets personal and that's not cool. I mean the whole point of customs/playing with GAF for me is to avoid the whole "BK BK BK" "you got raped" etc etc.

"Oh my god that bobs guy keeps EATING the shots im putting into the back of his head. GRAAAAR!!!!"

Halo 3 was laggy. I was just laughing when I heard that, latency does suck especially on that game.

KORPAH said:
Yikes, okay. Didn't know everyone took everything anyone ever said seriously. I guess I'll just keep away from the GAF customs because that's just how I am. Sorry to those I offended, it was all (in my opinion) light-hearted fun.

Also, I never talked any personal trash to anyone -- people just seem to be saying stuff that I said when I didn't at all.

gl hf gg

Your not the first person to do that kind of stuff. There are others on Gaf who do it so dont take it so personally. I know gaffers who have been put off customs for that kinda stuff before yesterdays customs.

bobs99 ... said:
"Oh my god that bobs guy keeps EATING the shots im putting into the back of his head. GRAAAAR!!!!"

Halo 3 was laggy. I was just laughing when I heard that, latency does suck especially on that game.

Just om nom nom nom those bullets in H3 bobs. I'll buy you a bib next time.

Top Bottom