• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

vhfive said:
I haven't read any Halo books but I play on it eventually. So how about you just use spoiler tags it really isn't that hard to do and that why we have them.

I don't actually care about spoilers but I'm sure there is someone who does so how about you try being considerate
Look how easy it is.
I have no problem using spoiler tags. All I'm trying to do is make sure others don't get spoiled because it keeps happening, and I think setting a guideline will help a lot. People get spoiled because others think it's okay to post story information, because they think it's been long enough, without the spoiler.

Karl2177

Personally, I say keeping everything that isn't the primary medium spoiler tagged is best. I have Cryptum, but haven't read it yet.

I have this stupid thing where if a book doesn't grab me within the first few pages, I put it down forever. Unfortunately, I did that with Cryptum. Good thing I borrowed my friend's Kindle to read it.

Dax01 said:
But there goes by a certain time when I think it's quite appropriate to talk about spoilers in the book openly. You're not going to see anyone using spoiler tags for Contact Harvest, The Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx. Maybe Evolutions (individual stories don't talked about much here).

I dont understand why we need to set that rule when its so easy to just use spoiler tags. /confused.

I understand what you mean, but even though ive read all the books so far for sure someone hasnt.

Ramirez said:
Well, Eazy did whip out his MEGABlocks Warthog and show it to our waitress, she then opened up to him that she dresses up in Harry Potter garb. Master troll in real life as well.

Oh wow.

Did he make a racing course out of the condiments and silverware?

bobs99 ... said:
I dont understand why we need to set that rule when its so easy to just use spoiler tags. /confused.

I understand what you mean, but even though ive read all the books so far for sure someone hasnt.
I'm not trying to set a rule, I'm offering a suggestion. I don't like people seeing spoiled.

There's a blurry line between when it's appropriate to post spoilers of books unmarked, like First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx, and when you can't, like Cryptum. I just wanna better know that line. It's not that it's too hard to post spoiler tags, it just gets to a point when it becomes unnecessary. Will it be okay to post spoilers of Cryptum when Halo 4 comes out? I mean, we talked openly about Reach's levels well before its one-year anniversary.

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:
Stick with it, but know that Primordium has a COMPLETELY different pace.

So it will actually be good? And throw me into the camp of the Flood is the worst. For me it's followed by Cryptum. I've held my tongue on it but I just hate most of it. Screw the humans in it. For me what really takes the cake though is when
The missing Halo Ring shows up and then all hell breaks lose with Ring on Ring and Forerunner on Ring violence. It was just so awful I thought.

With that said though I feel better. I've held my peace for so long on my dislike for it. For everyone that loves the novel hey I'm happy you like it. I just didn't like a lot of it though. I did like some of the novel though so I didn't totally hate it. I just look at it as a set up though and hope the other 2 in the trilogy are better.

senador

Banned
Dax01 said:
I'm not trying to set a rule, I'm offering a suggestion. I don't like people seeing spoiled.

There's a blurry line between when it's appropriate to post spoilers of books unmarked, like First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx, and when you can't, like Cryptum. I just wanna better know that line. It's not that it's too hard to post spoiler tags, it just gets to a point when it becomes unnecessary. Will it be okay to post spoilers of Cryptum when Halo 4 comes out? I mean, we talked openly about Reach's levels well before its one-year anniversary.

Seeing as how Cryptum is part of a trilogy, I think we'll have to spolier tag it well into the future since the 3rd one won't be out for quite some time. Many people won't even start Cryptum until after that time. Can't we just spoiler tag book stuff?

When in doubt, tag it.

Halo Wars 2v2 is fun. Deflecting rushes at the start, building up a army and counter attacking for the win feels awesome. I wish this game was more tactical but so far its been great.

Frankie, your foreword in the art of building worlds is as usual fantastic and the limited edition version of it is the best halo publication so far, thank you 343 and bungie!

senador said:
Seeing as how Cryptum is part of a trilogy, I think we'll have to spolier tag it well into the future since the 3rd one won't be out for quite some time. Many people won't even start Cryptum until after that time. Can't we just spoiler tag book stuff?

When in doubt, tag it.
"When in doubt" is good for releases and stuff, but as we seen, others don't think it's in doubt.

Personally, I'll be using spoiler tags well after a year of the Forerunner trilogy.

Eh, that's less of a spoiler I'd say, it's practically in the blurb and now a fundamental fact of the universe. The rest of the book I would agree is off-limits.

But yes, the first 1/3/half of Cryptum is kind of painfully paced. But from then on to the end it's jaw-drop central.

Domino Theory said:
All this Cryptum talk reminds me once again to finish the book (over half way through it) before Glasslands, but I feel too lazy. :(
Last third is like cycling down a hill you just climbed, do it!

ElRenoRaven

Here is my thought on spoiler tags. We have had several express that they haven't read it yet and want to. This is technically a Halo: Reach thread so out of respect we should use them.

senador

Banned
Dax01 said:
"When in doubt" is good for releases and stuff, but as we seen, others don't think it's in doubt.

Personally, I'll be using spoiler tags well after a year of the Forerunner trilogy.

Wat. I thought you were saying this so you didn't have to use tags. Guidelines won't work really since there isn't a way to ensure others see them.

If this in response to Tunavi's post, that wasn't even really a spoiler. He removed it anyhow. I think that system works best. If someone posts something others deem a spoiler, they either edit it or remove it. Seems to work well.

Also, what PsychoRaven said.

PsychoRaven said:
Here is my thought on spoiler tags. We have had several express that they haven't read it yet and want to. This is technically a Halo: Reach thread so out of respect we should use them.
That's a very good point.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
360 version is ugly and extremely buggy :(

I remember BC2 looking clean and polished. Here everything looks jumpy and I keep falling through the floor.

I might end up not buying the final game if they don't clean it up A TON. I don't have time for rough experiences with so many other games out there that are polished to a mirror sheen and are more pleasant to look at on a console.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:

I remember BC2 looking clean and polished. Here everything looks jumpy and I keep falling through the floor.

I might end up not buying the final game if they don't clean it up A TON. I don't have time for rough experiences with so many other games out there that are polished to a mirror sheen and are more pleasant to look at on a console.
I think the graphics are fine but yeah it is buggy but the code is a few weeks old and the game will be getting a day 1 patch.

Also this is what a Beta test is for you know :)

Letters said:

Something something beta

Booshka

Devin Olsen said:
Something something beta
Beta that is buggy on a game that is a month out sounds troublesome to me. The Gears 3 Beta was like 4 months before the game came out and was smooth as hell.

Seriously though, play BF3 on PC, it is necessary. More than double the player count, and more than double the frame rate.

Booshka said:
Beta that is buggy on a game that is a month out sounds troublesome to me. The Gears 3 Beta was like 4 months before the game came out and was smooth as hell.

Seriously though, play BF3 on PC, it is necessary. More than double the player count, and more than double the frame rate.
I realize that it is troubling to see a game that has issues so close to release, but it's also confusing since the idea of a beta is to work out the bugs. Perhaps it is the developers fault just as much, since they wait to put out the beta until only one month until launch. My understanding though is that a beta SHOULD have bugs and should be less than perfect.

I played BF3 on PC at a friends house yesterday though. Game looks amazing, I really enjoyed it. It crashed during the last ticket though, so I didn't get to play for long.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Letters said:

These builds are always a few behind the current, also it's a beta. I am guessing most of these issues don't exist anymore in the full current build.

Booshka

The BF3 beta seems like pre-release promotion for two games than an actual beta. I am sure they are doing some network stress testing and looking at balance issues, but it seems the biggest motive is for marketing. They marketed Medal of Honor with this beta, and now for BF3 it seems like a pre-release MP demo.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Well, Eazy did whip out his MEGABlocks Warthog and show it to our waitress, she then opened up to him that she dresses up in Harry Potter garb. Master troll in real life as well.
:lol no way

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
-Yeti said:
Never mind your review on the Halo Encyclopedia. I'm liking your review on "Urban Babies Wear Black" a lot more.

I get a lot of hate mail from self-obsessed moms about that. Not my fault they're illiterate and completely lacking any sense of wonder or imagination.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
I think the graphics are fine but yeah it is buggy but the code is a few weeks old and the game will be getting a day 1 patch.

Also this is what a Beta test is for you know :)
The BC2 beta on the 360 was nowhere near as rough. I'm crossing my fingers they polish this up or that it's an old build, because it's a sweet game.

OuterWorldVoice said:
I get a lot of hate mail from self-obsessed moms about that. Not my fault they're illiterate and completely lacking any sense of wonder or imagination.

I was going to buy halo encyclopedia today but then i noticed "Foreword by Frank O'Connor" and got a noble six and mongoose and arbiter mcfarlane figures instead.

I joke please dont ban me

Just been wondering, what the hell was uncovered at the end of ODST?

StalkerUKCG said:
I was going to buy halo encyclopedia today but then i noticed "Foreword by Frank O'Connor" and got a noble six and mongoose and arbiter halo figures.

I joke please dont ban me

Just been wondering, what the hell was uncovered at the end of ODST?

Another unfortunate soul who will be changed to Princess Peach voice.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
The BC2 beta on the 360 was nowhere near as rough. I'm crossing my fingers they polish this up or that it's an old build, because it's a sweet game.
BC2 Beta on the 360 was basically the finished code though, this is actually old code and its still not finished yet.

Tawpgun

kylej said:
Providence is where MLG Nats are being held this year? Sheeeit. I think I'm going to go to that.
When is it? I might go as well. I got people here that love Starcraft (one that plays competitively)

EDIT: November... we'll see...

feel

wwm0nkey said:
BC2 Beta on the 360 was basically the finished code though, this is actually old code and its still not finished yet.
Sweet!

OuterWorldVoice said:
:lol

Top Bottom