• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Booshka

Thanks Devo!

28icewh.jpg

feel

TheOddOne said:
Never got why people got so hyped up by RAGE. Its nothing special.
At the very least it seems to take the top dog spot in console visuals. And the gameplay even if not particularly fresh, seems to be pretty decent and entertaining.

The dead City video won me over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVX9V_Uf30Q

Loved the mood of the vehicle approach and the first steps in the abandoned city.

oatmeal

Banned
I haven't played this in a few months. I miss it :(

My Xbox Live lapsed, and I don't really play games enough to warrant it (and it's a Canadian account, though I've been in the USA for 3 years...fucking MS won't let me switch it...but I can't get any real good deals like you can here...)

Devin Olsen said:
And the game should be free after a year too, right?

Wut?

I've bought every DLC since Halo 3 (sans defiant, which I won) day one. I'll support the developer if it's Halo because I'm a sucker for this game. Thing is, not everyone who buys and continues to play Reach purchases the DLC. There comes a time when, for the sake of the online 'ecosystem' of a game, things have to move forward. Reach is no spring chicken and with Halo 4 a mere 12 months or so away, it'd be nice to actually play maps I've paid for outside of designated playlists that are shockingly underpopulated (which leads to laughable trueskilling). I've never played Highlands 8v8. That is pathetic.

We're talking about maps here. Maps. They're not building a new game, a new engine is not being tested, tinkered and iterated on, they're not introducing new weapons, they're not writing a new script for a campaign mission. They're adding new geometry to play around on in a pre-existing game. Obviously they should be paid for their efforts. But, after a year, MS, drop the measly fucking 800 points for the sake of the online community who continue to play and support your game.

ElRenoRaven

thee henery said:
Wut?

I've bought every DLC since Halo 3 (sans defiant, which I won) day one. I'll support the developer if it's Halo because I'm a sucker for this game. Thing is, not everyone who buys and continues to play Reach purchases the DLC. There comes a time when, for the sake of the online 'ecosystem' of a game, things have to move forward. Reach is no spring chicken and with Halo 4 a mere 12 months or so away, it'd be nice to actually play maps I've paid for outside of designated playlists that are shockingly underpopulated (which leads to laughable trueskilling). I've never played Highlands 8v8. That is pathetic.

We're talking about maps here. Maps. They're not building a new game, a new engine is not being tested, tinkered and iterated on, they're not introducing new weapons, they're not writing a new script for a campaign mission. They're adding new geometry to play around on in a pre-existing game. Obviously they should be paid for their efforts. But, after a year, MS, drop the measly fucking 800 points for the sake of the online community who continue to play and support your game.

Exactly. At the same time there was no damn problem with maps being free for years and years until someone decided to make a closed platform and force people to buy maps that they would have gotten for free before. Now sadly that's the norm. It's sad really.

Booshka

PsychoRaven said:
Exactly. At the same time there was no damn problem with maps being free for years and years until someone decided to make a close platform and force people to buy maps that they would have gotten for free before. Now sadly that's the norm. It's sad really.
It all started when Epic gave up on free Gears of War DLC and let MS charge for it. That was the tipping point imo.

ElRenoRaven

Booshka said:
It all started when Epic gave up on free Gears of War DLC and let MS charge for it. That was the tipping point imo.

Nah it happened long before them. If you have to pinpoint the moment it was the Mech Assault maps. Those were the first maps on Xbox that you had to buy. People ate those up and from there it was all downhill.

Bungie fought the fight damn well to at least make Halo 2 maps free after a period of time. Epic fought for the longest on some Gears maps but eventually the battle was lost.

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
Honda Fit :-(

Not even Sport version.
Serious question: we're car shopping for a replacement for my beloved but ailing Saturn. A Honda Fit (non-Sport version) is on the short list right now. Gud car? My criteria are, good gas mileage, gets from Point A to Point B in once piece, and does not explode and kill me upon ignition.

My wife is somewhat more discerning.

wwm0nkey

Lyphen said:
Players who've been playing a game for a year >>>>> Players who've been playing a game for 3 hours.
Trust me its not even that, these people refuse to believe the word objective even exists

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:
Serious question: we're car shopping for a replacement for my beloved but ailing Saturn. A Honda Fit (non-Sport version) is on the short list right now. Gud car? My criteria are, good gas mileage, gets from Point A to Point B in once piece, and does not explode and kill me upon ignition.

Honda Fit is freaking awesome:

1. Magic Seat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI0MOtbFAGI
2. MASSIVE space and legroom
3. Actual Vtec engine for raspy but enthusiastic perf and handling
4. Reliable - weld hood shut, basically
5. Great gas mileage

Only negatives so far are road noise (better than most cars in this price range) but noisy and I miss cruise control sometimes, even though I don't use it on our other car that has it.

kylej said:
I didn't know you could throw a regular grenade while 'holding' a grenade that you shot out of a pro-pipe.

Whoa, did not know that.

GhaleonEB said:

You have extremely specific and demanding needs out of a car lol.

wwm0nkey said:
Trust me its not even that, these people refuse to believe the word objective even exists

Blame it on COD.

I'll play tomorrow, a lot.

ElRenoRaven

Hydranockz said:
Premium being whittled to one combined list of Slayer and Objective!

Stockpile returns!

And Team Classic Disappears.....for awhile....dun dun dun.

And it never fails. Jessica always cracks me the hell up.

And because they did such a great job, I’m not even going to mention that, at one point, they wanted to add Flood elements to this map. If you ever hear me screaming, “NO TENTACLES!” while thrashing around violently in my sleep, now you know why.

In an effort to get that visual out of your mind, here’s some Solitary screenshots. Feel free to continue thinking of elongated flexible organs, though. We don’t judge around these parts. You freak.

Bro Slayer removed from Team Slayer: Spawning concerns and feedback regarding this gametype indicated that we will need to look at additional choices for spawning locations if we are going to reintroduce it to Reach Matchmaking in the future

What really happened: Frankie played it.

Tunavi

Banned
Can't wait for the beta hoppers and I'm really glad Premium Battle is getting Slayer.
However
1. Evade STILL remains in Objective
2. Uncaged needs to be nuked ASAP
3. Put Slayer Pro in Squad Slayer

Havok

• Stockpile added back into Team Objective: The addition of Stockpile back into Team Objective will ensure that the Stockpile-based achievements are supported and attainable. Bleep bloop!

Will it be on maps that make sense this time (see: symmetry), or will one team still have a stupidly huge advantage? If not, this isn't a change that should happen.

Evade needs to be top of the list next time. Make it go away. Elites only from now on.

• Bro Slayer removed from Team Slayer: Spawning concerns and feedback regarding this gametype indicated that we will need to look at additional choices for spawning locations if we are going to reintroduce it to Reach Matchmaking in the future. Meanwhile, you’ll have to find some other way to spawn on your bro.

Also, maybe make it so the counter doesn't sit at zero for ten seconds before you actually spawn.

I'm glad we're getting an update at all though. They're smart changes, just a bit lighter than I'd hope.

Homeboyd

Edit: DAMN, two DP's in one day. Ehhhhh sorry. Again.

Tunavi said:
Can't wait for the beta hoppers and I'm really glad Premium Battle is getting Slayer.
However
1. Evade STILL remains in Objective
2. Uncaged needs to be nuked ASAP
3. Put Slayer Pro in Squad Slayer
SWATters would vehemently disagree. Not sure why.. but they would.

GhaleonEB

Homeboyd said:
That's really the biggest news from this update. So happy to hear it!
Indeed, glad to see it happen. The change list is brief but each makes good sense.

*obligatory Firefight playlist requests*

Booshka

Homeboyd said:
SWATters would vehemently disagree. Not sure why.. but they would.
I have been playing Swat a little this week and noticed they love to vote for Pinnacle and Uncaged, I always groan when it shows up. They probably love all the cheesy angles and spots you can camp on those maps. I like to just run around and ghandi hop, most players don't know wtf to do and just spam. I drop like 20 kills and laugh.

Havok

Booshka said:
I have been playing Swat a little this week and noticed they love to vote for Pinnacle and Uncaged, I always groan when it shows up. They probably love all the cheesy angles and spots you can camp on those maps. I like to just run around and ghandi hop, most players don't know wtf to do and just spam. I drop like 20 kills and laugh.
That's what I noticed when doing the weekly. Problem is, the people voting for it aren't good enough to capitalize on the awful spawns of those two maps.

It's painful how bad Pinnacle is compared to Ascension.
GhaleonEB said:
Indeed, glad to see it happen. The change list is brief but each makes good sense.

*obligatory Firefight playlist requests*
Is there a "random" option for wave composition? Cause I'd love to see that.

Halo Bulletin said:
In an effort to get that visual out of your mind, here’s some Solitary screenshots. Feel free to continue thinking of elongated flexible organs, though. We don’t judge around these parts. You freak.
Speaking of which, I met Ron Jeremy today.

Top Bottom