• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

feel

wwm0nkey said:
BF3 on 360 is just fine, some people expect way too much out of this old machine. I am getting the PC and 360 version.
I'm not one to ask for PC caliber visuals with super hires visuals, I just want something that is clean and pleasant to look at. The outdoors parts look messy with all the flickering shadows all over the place and whatnot. Though it's not bad by any means and if they just fix the awful bugs it's gonna be nice.

and this is Rage on the old xbox 360, it's clean, hardware pushing, beautiful and 60fps
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17550740 link dead

Karl2177 said:
So... Halo.
Nice guy I've been told. Doesn't afraid of anything.

Ken said:
How many do you have currently?
Not enough.

Tha Robbertster said:
I got a game within 10 seconds.....
Yeah as soon as I searched on my own I found some players.

Another thing that was strange was that it always said stats for Devin Olsen were unavailable so maybe it was a problem on his end?

Ramirez

Devolution said:
Oh wow.

Did he make a racing course out of the condiments and silverware?

He might have, but then his hero Greg Bear came in.

Tashi0106 said:
:lol no way

It was amazing, I could tell she was just kind of being nice feigning interest in it because he was acting like a kid at Christmas, but then she let her guard down and let her inner Potter nerd flow out for a good 5 minutes.

kylej said:
OG2 is the GOAT without question but that video is not at all indicative of their recent scrims. Instinct been getting pooped on by Heinz & Co.

Formal to be Reach's Snipedown. Kid is disgusting.

Yeah, but I think they have lost to Dynasty in a scrim before every event so this is nothing new. They were getting pooped on yesterday 6-1 as you said, but then they started destroying and brought the score to 6-5.

This dynasty team looks better than the older ones though.

ElRenoRaven

TheOddOne said:
Never got why people got so hyped up by RAGE. Its nothing special.

It's odd I loved a lot of IDs games though the years but RAGE just doesn't look interesting to me at all. Didn't help when I found out they were locking out some content out unless you buy a code or buy new.

TheOddOne

PsychoRaven said:
It's odd I loved a lot of ID's games though the years but RAGE just doesn't look interesting to me at all. Didn't help when I found out they were locking out some content out unless you buy a code or buy new.
Same, also whats up with all the corridors? Ok, the wasteland looks good and open but they make it sound that its not a big deal.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
Hmmm, tin-foil hat time:

Fyrewulff has said before that Microsoft will never let any DLC that gives you achievements go free. I believe him, since he has always been 100% right with his assumptions.

I've heard rumors that ever since the TU released, people have been able to get the Noble and Defiant achievements without buying the DLC. Was this a glitch or was it intentional?

Does it improve the odds of Noble or Defiant eventually becoming free?

Honestly, who's going to buy those once the CEA maps are out? It would make playlist setup a little easier.

You may now remove your tin-foil hat. Keep a grain of salt handy though.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news-1178-The-Current-Achievement-Rules-Explained.html

It's a Microsoft guideline (not applied 100%, as Rock Band 3 has a couple of DLC achievements you can get with free DLC, but considerng how much money RBDLC has made MS..), although Reach is Microsoft's game, and Halo was the frontrunner of rulebreaking before, when Halo 3 was the first game to go to 1750.

We're talking about a publisher that still wants to charge 160msp for Legendary, though.

Hopefully at least a price cut is in the future?

Ah, to be back in the days where paying for maps was just a premium for getting them a couple months early. Weird as hell to be nostalgic about 2004/5 but it's been longer than I thought.

FyreWulff

Rickenslacker said:
Ah, to be back in the days where paying for maps was just a premium for getting them a couple months early. Weird as hell to be nostalgic about 2004/5 but it's been longer than I thought.

Nobody's competing with them on it. Sony just matches the practice and Nintendo believes all their own DLC should be free and doesn't compete in the FPS market at that.

If you saw Nintendo and Sony suddenly go "here's a big FPS and the maps go free after 5 months", you'd see MS rethink their strategy. But then again, MS feels Netflix 360 should be Gold exclusive while Sony and Nintendo allow you to use Netflix completely 100% free, so Microsoft just kinda does their own thang sometimes. And Wii is the #1 console for Netflix usage, so it's not like it's free out of desperation.

I still think the Free/Premium thing Fable 2 did would probably be the best compromise. Free version of Halo DLC wouldn't let you do some things and no achievements, paying for it lets you use achievements and get bonus _whatever_ off of it in matchmaking, and keeps the playerbase from being split across such hard lines.

-Yeti said:
Watching the streams make me want to play ZBS sooooo bad, it hurts.

I might fold and buy Reach GoD just for convenience. :/

Have you still not gotten your GoD code? If you are going to buy something, get the retail disc. It's cheaper and you can always get rid of it later if you finally get a GoD code.

Rickenslacker said:

: ( I miss that and I used to pay.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Rickenslacker said:

Back then I had less Lamborghinis.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devin Olsen said:
And the game should be free after a year too, right?
No, the game should update itself to the next iteration.

Also there should be hats, you can monetize the hats for all I care though.

Top Bottom