• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Kinda sad that they are taking away Premium Battle away from me. Taking away the Defiant playlist hurt and this is just salt in the wound. =/

Me kinda sad.

Tunavi

Banned
Dani said:
Kinda sad that they are taking away Premium Battle away from me. Taking away the Defiant playlist hurt and this is just salt in the wound. =/

Me kinda sad.
Premium Battle is staying. Its just having Slayer added into it.

FyreWulff

Tunavi said:
Premium Battle is staying. Its just having Slayer added into it.

Every time this happens it's pretty much Objective being added to a Slayer playlist. At least we'll still have a list with an ability to get Breakpoint Invasion in.

Homeboyd

FyreWulff said:
Every time this happens it's pretty much Objective being added to a Slayer playlist. At least we'll still have a list with an ability to get Breakpoint Invasion in.
Yeah I wouldn't imagine too many objective games getting voted for in this playlist. People flock to slayer games.

If they would just realize they could hold the objective, they could get as many kills as they wanted!

troll_face_gif.gif

Ikid

FyreWulff

Dani said:
And it won't be the same playlist anymore when that happens. =P

Maybe we could at least get Flag Slayer deleted from TO then? Because Premium Battle getting Slayer means we literally have no pure Objective playlists anymore.

Striker

FyreWulff said:
Maybe we could at least get Flag Slayer deleted from TO then? Because Premium Battle getting Slayer means we literally have no pure Objective playlists anymore.
When they removed Multi-bomb and added Flag Slayer, you should have known the direction that playlist was going.

bsangel said:
giving the players a defining trait of Combat Evolved Multiplayer by putting the three shot pistol back into your hands, right where it belongs. Speaking of which, is that a Magnum in your pocket, or are you just happy to hear this news?

It's both.

Havok

FyreWulff said:
Nah, c'mon man, Team Objective was update for the purpose of "less fringe gametypes." A gametype where the objective doesn't matter? That's Objective, right? It has it in the description! It's a total staple of Objective play now!

P.S. Hope you like getting pinged with DMRs on spawn and it being a pain in the ass to get the flag out on open maps. We out.

Sigh. That playlist is sad.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
FyreWulff said:
I'm not opposed to this at all anymore. I've never liked how it played out and I've seen some awful abuses due to unbalances with that gametype.

Flag Slayer should have stayed in Action Sack. They should have brought over something like SpeedFlag.

cory021

Neo Member
I don't know how much this has been discussed before (probably a lot), but can 343 change the matchmaking algorithms to increase the weightings for players with DLC?

What if the Premium playlists were abolished, but then the weightings for DLC searching was increased? Removing players with DLC from the premium playlists with 'inject' these players back into normal playlists, most likely Team Slayer, Squad Slayer, Invasion, Objective, or BTB. Then the increased DLC weighting will still improve the chances of still finding Noble/Defiant maps in the normal playlists along with the fact that more players will have the DLC.

It's just an idea I though of; I'm sure you guys will tear it up into shreds :p

Havok

Dani said:
Flag Slayer should have stayed in Action Sack. They should have brought over something like SpeedFlag.
Speedflag was brought over, along with 2 Flag Slayer and 3 Flag.
cory021 said:
Removing players with DLC from the premium playlists with 'inject' these players back into normal playlists, most likely Team Slayer, Squad Slayer, Invasion, Objective, or BTB.
It would only 'inject' roughly 800 people at any given time back into the playlists. Spread across upwards of 5 playlists, I doubt it would end up making a difference considering how many DLC-less randoms there are to take into account.

Hopefully the integration of the DLC playlists means that 343 will be open to combined slayer and objective playlists in the future.

Or the playlist populations were just really low.

Definitely that.

Good changes to the playlists, but I hope that evade is considered being removed.

cory021

Neo Member
Havok said:
It would only 'inject' roughly 800 people at any given time back into the playlists. Spread across upwards of 5 playlists, I doubt it would end up making a difference considering how many DLC-less randoms there are to take into account.
800 is still a decent number. And I'm sure there are enough DLC players in the normal playlists right now to have more DLC games, it's just not matching players up appropriately.

Here's another idea: What if the chances for searching for DLC improved every time a DLC-player played in game with no DLC players. So every time I play Team Slayer and get matched with non-DLC players, matchmaking will slightly increase the priority it places on searching for other DLC players the next time I play.

Instead of going to sleep right after work this morning, I spent the next 3 hours in the Grifball and Living Dead playlists trying to get a killtacular... It was painful and I was ready to trounce my xbox multiple times. Grifball is an interesting playlist where all the maps are the same, but with different colors and patterns adorning the traditional box locale (or maybe that was a result of voting). But I'll never understand why people score and end the rounds prematurely. The most exciting aspect of the playlist is trying to rack up kill combos. Sometimes a player will get an immediate score and end the round just after it started. I'm left wondering what that person thought was so fun about running to the opposite end of the room. Anyway, I finally unlocked Jorge's helmet, which is obviously the best helmet of the Noble team, lol.

daedalius

I would love to play more of the DLC maps, but the playlists that actually host them have so few people.

Also was cool running into a group of 6 mythic dudes in there, and by cool I mean ow.

Wizman23

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Serious question: we're car shopping for a replacement for my beloved but ailing Saturn. A Honda Fit (non-Sport version) is on the short list right now. Gud car? My criteria are, good gas mileage, gets from Point A to Point B in once piece, and does not explode and kill me upon ignition.

My wife is somewhat more discerning.
2012 Hyundai Elantra. You can thank me later.

J10

Banned
I wish Halo were more colorful. I hope Halo 4 looks like this

geometry_wars_xbox360.jpg

on crack.

Seriously though, I can't stand to play most modern shooters partially because they're usually so drab looking. Mature rated games don't have to look as depressing as the subject matter.

wwm0nkey

J10 said:
I wish Halo were more colorful. I hope Halo 4 looks like this

geometry_wars.jpg

on crack.

Seriously though, I can't stand to play most modern shooters partially because they're usually so drab looking. Mature rated games don't have to look as depressing as the subject matter.
hmmmm I think you meant to post this in the other thread lol

FyreWulff

Havok said:
Nah, c'mon man, Team Objective was update for the purpose of "less fringe gametypes." A gametype where the objective doesn't matter? That's Objective, right? It has it in the description! It's a total staple of Objective play now!

P.S. Hope you like getting pinged with DMRs on spawn and it being a pain in the ass to get the flag out on open maps. We out.

Sigh. That playlist is sad.

I gave that playlist one chance since the update. Turned out exactly like I predicted (ie, your post). Of course, the first gametype voted in was 7-1 for Flag Slayer.

senador said:
LOL @ that thread. Is it a troll?

This is one of the reasons I actually like Halo and Perfect Dark. Shooters that weren't afraid of color. Can't really think of the Covenant being anything other than Purple/Blue.

cory021

Neo Member
Someone in the other thread mentioned how Reach would look better without the filters added in. I agree.

Overlook from the beta:
HaloOverlook2.jpg

Overlook in Firefight:
halo_reach_firefight_overlook.bmp

The colors are so much more attractive in the first picture.

EDIT: I just realized they added the tree that's in the middle of the second picture. Odd.

heckfu

Banned
Thank god for randoms. At this rate I'll need to play like 10 games of SWAT for the weekly. Also, sorry mic was acting stupid Frankie.

PXL4L.png

kylej

Banned
Bungie wanted to be at the cutting edge of making brown FPS games. Give them a break. Reach was their Dark & Gritty magnum opus.

TheOddOne

Letters said:
At the very least it seems to take the top dog spot in console visuals. And the gameplay even if not particularly fresh, seems to be pretty decent and entertaining.

The dead City video won me over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVX9V_Uf30Q

Loved the mood of the vehicle approach and the first steps in the abandoned city.
I'm the complete opposite, but not gonna spoil the party for anyone who wants to enjoy something new :)

On another note, Reach has a lot pretty colours. So many colours.

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
The fiction behind Prisoner sounds fantastic, given we've been discussing the Prisoner. Wrinkles my brain, man.

Edit:

So somebody starts the thread complaining about the look of a game when he's never played it before?

Interesting. Very, very interesting.

Sounds like an idiot to me. I'm sorry but play the damn game before you bitch about it. And yes Halo needs to be nothing but grey and brown like almost every other damn shooter out there because obviously we need more colorless shooters that have no charm and personality./rant

Sorry about that. It's just that nothing pisses me off more then someone bitching about a game they haven't even freaking played.

cory021 said:
Someone in the other thread mentioned how Reach would look better without the filters added in. I agree.

Overlook from the beta:
http://www.platformnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/HaloOverlook2.jpg[img]

Overlook in Firefight:
[img]http://www.haloreachers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/halo_reach_firefight_overlook.bmp[img]

The colors are so much more attractive in the first picture.

EDIT: I just realized they added the tree that's in the middle of the second picture. Odd.[/QUOTE]

Oh without a doubt I think some of the filters and fog are a bit overkill. I remember watching a video showing the maps and levels without the filters and fog and they're amazingly beautiful looking.

PsychoRaven said:
Sounds like an idiot to me. I'm sorry but play the damn game before you bitch about it. And yes Halo needs to be nothing but grey and brown like almost every other damn shooter out there because obviously we need more colorless shooters that have no charm and personality./rant

Sorry about that. It's just that nothing pisses me off more then someone bitching about a game they haven't even freaking played.

It's fine dude. I don't need more de-saturation and gray in my shooters either.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo Bulletin said:
Premium/DLC Playlists condensed into one list: Both DLC lists are being combined into one playlist. We’ll be keeping this list at the larger of the two team sizes so that teams of six can enjoy both Slayer and Objective gametypes as well as Invasion.
Does not compute.

I'd really prefer the two lists remain separate.

ElRenoRaven

God I can't believe I actually replied in that thread. I kept it a lot calmer then I was here.

PsychoRaven said:
You know I think the OP is right. In fact everything needs less color. In fact let's start with neogaf.

GC23q.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is the most I've ever enjoyed a Halo thread on the Gaming side. Your post cracked me up, PsychoRaven.

ElRenoRaven

omg.kittens said:
This is the most I've ever enjoyed a Halo thread on the Gaming side. Your post cracked me up, PsychoRaven.

LOL. Does it look like I'm kidding? I mean imagine Neogaf using the new super awesome Dudebro filter. The kids will flee in droves. lol

feel

Sucks that they're just removing Team Classic instead of reforming it by introducing the ZB DMR gameplay similar to what we've been testing and making use of all the non-Forgeworld maps. In November they'll be all about pimping the 3sk magnum as the new and only classic gameplay on the new maps and I don't see how that'll be satisfying as the only thing I touch. I want DMR start Classic gameplay with (relatively) long kill times making use of all the maps I own. :(

Top Bottom