• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ronabo

Who's the biggest Halo fan here?

I ask this because I have a code for the Games on Demand version of Reach that I will give away to who wants and could use it.

Battlefield is not an easy game to pick up, but if you stick with it you will get used to it, and a whole hell of a lot better pretty quick. Last night I couldn't see anyone, couldn't tell which players were mine or the enemies, etc etc, but after playing some last night and this morning, I am feeling very comfortable and I'm playing really well.

Battlefield is certainly not for everyone, but try not to be too discouraged by the initial experience being overwhelming, its a very rewarding game once you get the hang of it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
PsychoRaven said:
You know I was thinking. If I had to pick three Halo: Reach maps that I'd like to see redone in the far future on say Halo 6 on the 720 those would be Powerhouse, Countdown, Boardwalk.

Powerhouse I think is perfect as is and I think Boardwalk is too. I really don't understand the hate it gets to be honest. Countdown is again a map I think is perfect. It's hectic as hell and makes for some very close games I find. The only thing I would do is tone down some of the clutter.

i agree, love those maps. however, powerhouse has some major spawning issues - its probably the worst offender for having opposing players spawn in areas right behind you

So im watching Aliens while I wait for Battlefield 3 to download, my first question is.
How the HELL didnt anyone notice a alien ship on that planet when in the first film the ships scanners picked up the distress beacon from space. Maybe the beacon switched off but surely the ship would show up on scans.

Secondly WTF Sergeant Johnson is in the film!?? :p The Halo references just 25 minuites in are awesome. I never knew the UNSC spacecraft where basically modelled on the ships in this film.

thee henery said:
Yea, I'm not slating the game because I wasn't owning or anything either. I played the Gears 3 beta and was average to bad at the game but thought it was superb, it was easy to pick up.

That Premium playlist amalgamation can't come soon enough. I was playing Premium Slayer earlier, the playlist was at a population of 60. The games were laggy and lopsided. NO EVADE THOUGH.
They will probably add it as it is present on all premium's objective variants :(
343 needs to make evade exclusive to elites, it's the most annoying ability right now as everyone uses it. Full team of evaders... *pukes*

Releasing a Battlefield beta without vehicles is like releasing a Halo beta without precision weapons.

Operation Metro has been fun for a few games, but if they don't unlock Caspian Border for PC soon I'm just going back to Reach. Conquest >>> Rush.

Ronabo said:

I ask this because I have a code for the Games on Demand version of Reach that I will give away to who wants and could use it.
That's mighty generous/cool of you! I'm good personally but I'm sure you'll find someone in here who needs it.

edit:
bobs99 ... said:
So im watching Aliens while I wait for Battlefield 3 to download, my first question is.
How the HELL didnt anyone notice a alien ship on that planet when in the first film the ships scanners picked up the distress beacon from space. Maybe the beacon switched off but surely the ship would show up on scans.

Secondly WTF Sergeant Johnson is in the film!?? :p The Halo references just 25 minuites in are awesome. I never knew the UNSC spacecraft where basically modelled on the ships in this film.
The references don't stop there, either. Fucking great movie. If Cameron did the Halo movie, the universe would implode.
Your question will be answered in the film, more or less

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ronabo said:

I think I am. I have a Halo tattoo

Hey You

Ronabo said:

If there isn't anyone who needs it and you do some sort of contest, then I would be willing to enter such.

My Reach disk is fucked up and if it wasn't installed in my HDD, it wouldn't work. It would be nice just to go to quick launch and fire up reach.

But like I said, if no one needs it/deserves it.

feel

So, I asked Hitmonchan to get me a grunt plush from Halofest, he kindly said he would definitely get me one. After he returned home from it he asked for my address and INSISTED I didn't need to pay a thing for the plush. My friend (gaffer "leonfaria04", he mostly lurks) was gonna be in the US for a couple of weeks, so since his place was somewhat near Hitmonchan's I gave him his address to send the grunt plush there to keep shipping costs low. My friend just returned and turns out Hitmonchan besides giving me a free plush, decided to take it to overkill levels of awesome and include extra swag! :O

(plush not pictured)
img_0354xvt4.jpg

img_0352bwcp.jpg

img_0349hvjf.jpg

13zz84.jpg

I'm at a loss of words for the gesture, I love all the items, I can't believe you gave me a magazine signed by a bunch of people I'm such a huge fan of, thank you so much Josh!!! :_)

Halo community rocks. <3 <3

unrelated, rest of my very recent gets, a few of the items may please some halogaffers

edit-

managed to get my baby nephew to let it go for a few seconds
24xdkb7.jpg

Letters said:
So, I asked Hitmonchan to get me a grunt plush from Halofest, he kindly said he would definitely get me one. After he returned home from it he asked for my address and INSISTED I didn't need to pay a thing for the plush. My friend (gaffer "leonfaria04", he mostly lurks) was gonna be in the US for a couple of weeks, so since his place was somewhat near Hitmonchan's I gave him his address to send the grunt plush there to keep shipping costs low. My friend just returned and turns out Hitmonchan besides giving me a free plush, decided to take it to overkill levels of awesome and include extra swag! :O

(plush not pictured)
http://www.abload.de/img/img_0354xvt4.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/img_0352bwcp.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/img_0349hvjf.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/13zz84.jpg[IMG]

I'm at a loss of words for the gesture, I love all the items, I can't believe you gave me a magazine signed by a bunch of people I'm such a huge fan of, thank you so much Josh!!! :_)

unrelated, rest of my very recent gets, a few of items may please some halogaffers
[url=http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=img_0351d50u.jpg][img]http://www.abload.de/thumb/img_0351d50u.jpg[/QUOTE] Hitmonchan is awesome. Du...the chance to visit Germany. :P (=FREE BEER!)

bobs99 ... said:

It's a pretty rough planet. Also, I wouldn't worry about posting Aliens spoilers.
The movie is 25 years old, it isn't like posting Cryptum spoilers. (Bornstellar died at the beginning, he was a ghost the entire time.)

Also:
http://misriahsolutions.com/comic-1-copy-cameron/

Sai-kun

Banned
Holy shit, Hitmonchan is the coolest. oh gosh.png.

ncsuDuncan said:
Releasing a Battlefield beta without vehicles is like releasing a Halo beta without precision weapons.

Operation Metro has been fun for a few games, but if they don't unlock Caspian Border for PC soon I'm just going back to Reach. Conquest >>> Rush.

Caspian Border is fucking incredible. I had a legit dogfight in a jet and even though I died, it was just AMAZING. Op Metro is shite compared to Caspian.

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:

(plush not pictured)
img_0354xvt4.jpg

img_0352bwcp.jpg

img_0349hvjf.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/13zz84.jpg[IMG]

unrelated, rest of my very recent gets, a few of the items may please some halogaffers
[url=http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=img_0351d50u.jpg][img]http://www.abload.de/thumb/img_0351d50u.jpg[/url]

edit-

managed to get my baby nephew to let it go for a few seconds
http://i54.tinypic.com/24xdkb7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hmm oddly only the Simon & Grunt pictures are showing up for me.

Kuroyume

Banned
Haven't been able to follow the thread the past few weeks. My monitor died shortly before TGS. So how does everyone feel about the TU gameplay? Haven't been able to play it yet. Did they speed up the movement?

Also, the other day I realized that you can Evade backwards. I was like... Could this thing be any more fucking overpowered? I mean, seriously?

FYI Letters, that magazine was also signed by Chris Butcher.

Poor Chris, I guess AI just isn't as glamorous as story/music writing, voice acting, or... whatever the hell Dave Dunn does in that cop outfit.

Letters said:
Looks great
http://i54.tinypic.com/29kql52.jpg

I'm so happy I finally get to read the foreword that's been getting rave customer reviews on Amazon!

Frank wrote the introduction for Evolutions as well, but the rave reviews are for the Halo Encyclopedia intro.

feel

^ Nice!! thanks for the heads up

Hypertrooper said:
Is the hardbook cover of Evolutions special?
Looks great
29kql52.jpg

I'm so happy I finally get to read the foreword that's been getting rave customer reviews on Amazon!

Ramirez

The Real Napsta said:
So the BF3 beta is terrible, back to Halo Reach.

I haven't gotten to try it yet, but the fact that they hid the 360 version for so long, and I'm reading about a ton of bugs/glitches in the thread has me worried. There's no way this is an actual beta, the game releases in under a month, so to have so much wrong with it apparently when the game will probably go gold in a week or so is troubling.

We need new consoles, cannot be said enough, these things are tired and played out. :(

We, I use that term loosely, have blasted trough over 60% of this thread's life. We have new playlists coming out in 5 sleeps and CEA coming in 48 Sleeps. Is it too soon to have the OT thread title convo again?

ncsuDuncan said:

Yeah I'm going to guarantee that Operation Metro is the smallest and least "Battlefield-esqe" map in the game.

Ramirez

Booshka said:
They're not played out if your into Motion Gaming, the future.

lol, it brought a huge smile to my face yesterday when I saw that Move was a bomba. Such worthless trash, I'm skeptical about Skyward Sword, because I know Nintendo can't help themselves when adding in unnecessary motion garbage to their games.

feel

Ramirez said:
We need new consoles, cannot be said enough, these things are tired and played out. :(
New consoles would be very welcome right now but this BF3 console "beta" mess has not that much to do with the 360 limitations, but more with lack of effort from Dice, games like Halo Reach, Rage, Dead Space 2, Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 look and run better, cleaner and with way more polish than BF3. Though people are saying the beta unlike others, it's not representative of the final look/performance.

edit-

doing the unpacking of the Gears 3 limited edition right now, and damn, I love the effort MS puts into these things. So many awesome little things and premium package, everything seem taken right out of the fiction, just like the Reach one. The COG medal is heavy! Besides the big text mentioning the reason for the award to Adam Fenix, it has a very small font xbox live code faintly engraved into it for the Adam Fenix multiplayer character, such cool touch. Can't wait for the Halo 4 one, shame CEA is not getting something like that.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm glad you enjoyed your swag bag, Letters. :^)

And ShortBizzle, that is the most amazing avatar on GAF. My God.

Dude you are awesome.

ncsuDuncan said:
It's a pretty rough planet. Also, I wouldn't worry about posting Aliens spoilers.
The movie is 25 years old, it isn't like posting Cryptum spoilers. (Bornstellar died at the beginning, he was a ghost the entire time.)

Also:
http://misriahsolutions.com/comic-1-copy-cameron/

Ah I get the first part of that comic now. :p I remember finding the Titanic reference hilarious the first time but never understood the Aliens references.

Homeboyd

If anyone has an extra 1 month, Hey You may be in need. He didn't ask me to ask anyone... just saw a msg from him.

Thought I'd check for him.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
I haven't gotten to try it yet, but the fact that they hid the 360 version for so long, and I'm reading about a ton of bugs/glitches in the thread has me worried. There's no way this is an actual beta, the game releases in under a month, so to have so much wrong with it apparently when the game will probably go gold in a week or so is troubling.

BF3 on 360 is incredible. A lot of the bugs that are there (I had one last night where I glitched underneath the level and it happened to be where we armed the objective so everytime an enemy came to disarm, I just killed them and they had no clue where I was) are already fixed for retail. They just used an earlier build.

When I get a double kill in BF3, I feel like the shit. Wish I could say the same for Reach. I don't feel that way with Reach even when we do The People's Trap. I'm hoping that changes with the TU though since I Haven't gotten a chance to play the TU at all because of Gears 3.

Alittle OT: anyone from HaloGAF getting Rage? I am, but I'm going in with blind faith (like I did Brink) and am worried about it. :/

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
New consoles would be very welcome right now but this BF3 console "beta" mess has not that much to do with the 360 limitations, but more with lack of effort from Dice, games like Halo Reach, Rage, Dead Space 2, Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 look and run better, cleaner and with way more polish than BF3. Though people are saying the beta unlike others, it's not representative of the final look/performance.
I think I'm also ready for a new console generation in the next couple years. It's been a while since a game really wowed me on the 360; I still remember the first time I played games like Oblivion, Gears, Crackdown and Halo 3 and they were filled with jaw-dropping moments. These days the great looking games impress me more with their artistic prowess rather than technical, though exceptions crop up now and then (Skyrim is looking mighty fine). I can't help but see PC versions of games with a twinge of jealousy.

And yeah, for all the grief we give Reach, it still features a remarkable level of polish, especially for a game with its complexity and feature set. I get reminded of that every time I buy another game.

^Ghaleon, Gears 3 is definitely wow worthy at points.

ElzarTheBam said:
I don't care what you're doing right now, stop and watch this! And vote for it.
Full details about it can be found over on HBO.
That was awesome, can't believe everyone else just skipped over this. For shame.

I need the Halo Reach concept art you see as the in-game menu backgrounds. The ones on this page.
http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/images.aspx?c=60

You know, but proper size. They released them in a BWU if I recall correctly. Anybody remember which?

senador

Banned
Letters said:

Agreed. It seems like they put all their effort into the PC version. Dead Space 2 is a great example of how great 360 games can look and run. If the final version really is polished, then great. Its just hard to believe that even on a build that is behind that it'd get that much by the time it goes gold in a week or so.

Still, the 360's limitations are starting to show for me. Its not really holding things back, I just want more now, but I'm not willing to jump to PC gaming.

Sorry for mucking this thread up with non Halo stuff. I feel its somewhat relevant though. I really prefer games dedicated to one console/platform. They receive full attention and really come out much much better IMO.

Ronabo said:

My halo disc is pretty screwed thanks to a falling xbox so id appreciate the code if no one else wants it

MrBig

Top Bottom