• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

GhaleonEB

Devolution said:
Yup! Whenever your "kills" doesn't match up on certain screens, it's because vehicle downs = kills, but don't count towards "slaying" or "sprees." I learned this in some big team slayer games when my "kills" =/= the final scoreboard.
I'm still bitter about a Firefight Challenge used only once. It was to kill an absurd number of enemies in one game, but before Firefight Doubles was introduced. I cleared the bar in Firefight Limited....including vehicles. I'd taken out 10 (!!) vehicles on Beachhead, but they were the difference between getting and not getting the Challenge. Bitter tears flowed.

kylej

Banned
"He obviously" is a sick gamertag

He obviously killed you.
He obviously sent you a message.

well done random internet person

Woorloog

Banned
kylej said:

He obviously killed you.

I saw once someone name "a wine bottle".
A wine bottle killed you...

Going to play BF3 (on 360, i wonder why i keep telling that), GT is Empyrus in case someone wants to play/sees me. That is, if i can get in a game, there were some issues earlier...

Louis Wu said:
Okay, I need some help understanding this.

Just played a game of Firefight Arcade. Final screen confused me:

http://files.smallbits.com/images/wait...what.png[/IMG

We had a guy quit out, but it was during the voting process, before the game started. So can anyone explain that Best Spree?

(Game is [URL="http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=813456073"]here[/URL], if you need it.)

Edit: Gah - never mind. Just realized I killed 3 Banshees, which don't count towards the spree. :([/QUOTE]
I looked at the picture first, and I thought that was from a multiplayer game. lol

kylej said:

He obviously killed you.

Reminds me of my friend's YMCA Basketball team: "Off Constantly."

They weren't very good. The other teams started to brag about beating them. Then the YMCA made them change the name.

Tunavi

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:
Reminds me of my friend's YMCA Basketball team: "Off Constantly."

They weren't very good. The other teams started to brag about beating them. Then the YMCA made them change the name.
citizenkaneclap.gif

ElRenoRaven

Hmm you know. I was reading a thread on the TMNT. I just happened to wonder what one of them would look like wearing Spartan armor. I bet that would look wicked.

Surprisingly I found nothing on the net. lol

senador

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Hmm you know. I was reading a thread on the TMNT. I just happened to wonder what one of them would look like wearing Spartan armor. I bet that would look wicked.

I fully expect Ken to post his rendition of this.

PsychoRaven said:

I know what Shredder would look like.

zgNUR.jpg

PsychoRaven said:

Obligatory picture post:

20z73x1.jpg

But I would like to see the actual turtle in armor.

Was there ever a reason given as to why the Brute Chopper never made it into Reach? Goddamn was that a great vehicle that also had the best hijack animation out of any.

Hey You

Thanks Rono =D

Homeboyd said:
If anyone has an extra 1 month, Hey You may be in need. He didn't ask me to ask anyone... just saw a msg from him.

Thought I'd check for him.
Thanks anyways Homboyd, I think its free Gold weekend this weekend so my uncle will be able to use his account <3

FyreWulff

Scullibundo said:
Was there ever a reason given as to why the Brute Chopper never made it into Reach? Goddamn was that a great vehicle that also had the best hijack animation out of any.

They rebuilt every single vehicle for Reach, and the Brutes had only a small appearance on one level for much of Reach's development (according to post-mortem interviews), so it wouldn't have justified rebuilding it for a small cameo appearance. Maybe.

chopperspinningonground.gif

He obviously is a running riot.

Why is it like that? Shouldn't they have made it "is running a riot" ?

Right now when you get 15 kill spree it just sounds like you are funny. Like "man that guy is a running riot!"

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
He obviously is a running riot.

Why is it like that? Shouldn't they have made it "is running a riot" ?

Right now when you get 15 kill spree it just sounds like you are funny. Like "man that guy is a running riot!"

Riot can be a noun. He's an active riot. He's going crazy. He's on fire. etc etc

Scullibundo said:

The vehicles in Reach all got a redesign from their Halo 3 versions. For example, the Warthog now borrows design cues from the Ford Pinto, both in terms of handling and damage modeling.

Bungie tried nerfing the Chopper, but it would not be tamed. Entire builds of Reach were broken by a Chopper that refused to be put down. It roamed from level to level, mowing down anything in its path. The most terrifying variant was of course the "Space Chopper" in the middle section of Long Night of Solace.

The vehicle was finally scrapped and replaced with a Revenant that knew its place.

ElRenoRaven

Devolution said:

It's obviously a troll post. Like I said in that thread, even the haters have had to admit that from an artistic perspective Halo is well done.

ncsuDuncan said:
The vehicles in Reach all got a redesign from their Halo 3 versions. For example, the Warthog now borrows design cues from the Ford Pinto, both in terms of handling and damage modeling.

Bungie tried nerfing the Chopper, but it would not be tamed. Entire builds of Reach were broken by a Chopper that refused to be put down. It roamed from level to level, mowing down anything in its path. The most terrifying variant was of course the "Space Chopper" in the middle section of Long Night of Solace.

The vehicle was finally scrapped and replaced with a Revenant that knew its place.

ROFLMAO. On a serious note the big reason they gave for a lot of stuff added with Halo 3 being gone was due to it being set pre Halo 3.

ncsuDuncan said:
But the soul still burns, as is the case with the Revenant flying off the map randomly and giving insane sniper aim assist.

kylej said:
Riot can be a noun. He's an active riot. He's going crazy. He's on fire. etc etc

Well then shouldn't it have been.

Either:

TheBKCleansing is on a running riot.

or (for the lulz)

TheBKCleansing is an running riot.

But its about consistency, I believe. It says "X is on a killing spree" then "X is on a killing frenzy" then "X is a running riot" then goes back to "X is on a rampage"...I do not like!

Karl2177

xxjuicesxx said:

Either:

or (for the lulz)

But its about consistency I believe. It says "X is on a killing spree" then "X is on a killing frenzy" then "X is a running riot"...I do not like!
"X is Untouchable", "X is Inconceivable", "X is Unfriggenbelievable.", and whatnot. I think it's fine as is.

GhaleonEB

Just caught up my Challenge spreadsheet by ~700 Challenges. My how time flies.

I wanted to see how the payouts tracked since 343 started doing their thing. I'll add the rest of this week and post the chart on Sunday, so there are two full weeks of dailies captured since 343 took them over fully. Got some analysis to do, but I see what you did there, Mr. Ellis. And I approve.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:

Either:

or (for the lulz)

But its about consistency, I believe. It says "X is on a killing spree" then "X is on a killing frenzy" then "X is a running riot" then goes back to "X is on a rampage"...I do not like!

No. You would use 'an' before a word that started with a vowel. In your example there's no adjective before rampage.

TheBKCleansing is a tumultuous rampage would be grammatically correct. The shitty English language supersedes your OCD, little BK.

watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSBhC3k2XOo

Gross.

Top Bottom