• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

A bit ot, but I was just thinking about this today: Things are great for all of the shooter fans this year. Reach is fantastic post Title Update, Gears 3 is flying off the shelves, and BF3 is poised to take a hit at the COD fan base. Nice to see variety among the shooters

Awesome Barlow said:
A bit ot, but I was just thinking about this today: Things are great for all of the shooter fans this year. Reach is fantastic post Title Update, Gears 3 is flying off the shelves, and BF3 is poised to take a hit at the COD fan base. Nice to see variety among the shooters
If the 360 beta is as glitchy as I've heard, I can see MW3 reigning supreme on the 360.

Releasing a bad beta this close to launch can only be negative. It's too short a time frame to reassure people the end product is better.

Awesome Barlow said:
And don't forget about this game called modern warfare 3, maybe you've heard about it?

Ramirez said:
I haven't gotten to try it yet, but the fact that they hid the 360 version for so long, and I'm reading about a ton of bugs/glitches in the thread has me worried. There's no way this is an actual beta, the game releases in under a month, so to have so much wrong with it apparently when the game will probably go gold in a week or so is troubling.

We need new consoles, cannot be said enough, these things are tired and played out. :(
The beta is a TON of fun, but definitely riddled with bugs.

Here is something that happened to me earlier today, fell under the map.

http://www.twitch.tv/devinolsen/b/296277512

Ramirez

Letters said:
New consoles would be very welcome right now but this BF3 console "beta" mess has not that much to do with the 360 limitations, but more with lack of effort from Dice, games like Halo Reach, Rage, Dead Space 2, Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 look and run better, cleaner and with way more polish than BF3. Though people are saying the beta unlike others, it's not representative of the final look/performance.

Has nothing to do with polish, BF3 on PC looks leagues and leagues ahead of any console game.

senador

Banned
ElzarTheBam said:
I hope bf does not become as popular as cod, the beta is frustrating with most of the cod players thinking rush is slayer.

I attributed to that. I had no freaking clue what I was doing.

The Real Napsta said:
Eventually people will stop buying the same damn game every year, it won't be this year, but some day.
Yeah, I feel sorry for those people. So clueless.

Halo: Anniversary can't come soon enough. I might have to break down and get Star Fox 64 3D to help pass the time, I'm getting tired of Ocarina of Time 3D and Rayman 3D.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ncsuDuncan said:

Halo: Anniversary can't come soon enough. I might have to break down and get Star Fox 64 3D to help pass the time, I'm getting tired of Ocarina of Time 3D and Rayman 3D.

Nab a free copy of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary of the eStore and kill some time (and friendships).

ncsuDuncan said:

Or Resident Evil 4 on Games on Demand.

Booshka

ncsuDuncan said:

Wait a second, was this intentional?

lol derp

The Real Napsta said:
Eventually people will stop buying the same damn game every year, it won't be this year, but some day.
I really hope so too. Yesterday, I spoke with some 14 year old kid and he couldn't five a single reason why he liked CoD so much.

The same thing with fifa for me.

Hitmonchan107 said:
If the 360 beta is as glitchy as I've heard, I can see MW3 reigning supreme on the 360.

Releasing a bad beta this close to launch can only be negative. It's too short a time frame to reassure people the end product is better.

The glitches are almost all graphical though (except the falling through the texture of the map one). Outside of those glitches, the game plays fantastic, and made me more excited about the game than I previously was.

Havok

Steelyuhas said:
The glitches are almost all graphical though (except the falling through the texture of the map one).
There's also the part where the multiplayer doesn't work right now on the 360 due to EA's wonderful insular server setup. That's a pretty important one.

Steelyuhas said:
The glitches are almost all graphical though (except the falling through the texture of the map one). Outside of those glitches, the game plays fantastic, and made me more excited about the game than I previously was.

Surely someone out there has made a "Haters Gonna Hate" gif where the guy falls through the ground...

Hypertrooper said:
I have. muhaha!

You'd be surprised how many starving actors are out there, eager for some improv/reality gig.

"Here's $200. Go to Seattle for three days and walk around with a giant grin on your face. Tell people your name is Duncan. If you see a bald Scottish guy talking about video games just stare at him like a Bieber fan."

Tashi0106 said:
I've got StarFox 3D on the way. I'm excited

I'm trying to resist until the price drops, which it never will because it's a Nintendo game. I'll break down and get it before PAX East.

Havok said:
There's also the part where the multiplayer doesn't work right now on the 360 due to EA's wonderful insular server setup. That's a pretty important one.

Haven't experienced that personally, but I assume it will be fixed.

ncsuDuncan said:
Surely someone out there has made a "Haters Gonna Hate" gif where the guy falls through the ground...

LOL

Havok said:

Yeah, is there any fix for that because I cant play the thing.

Also Aliens was awesome.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ncsuDuncan said:
I'm trying to resist until the price drops, which it never will because it's a Nintendo game. I'll break down and get it before PAX East.

Pshhh you need to get in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. I bought a new, sealed 3DS for 140. Ocarina used for 25 and I just bought StarFox used for 25 too.

Havok

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah, is there any fix for that because I cant play the thing.
Not that I know of. Stability is less important to EA than being able to market more effectively by mining email addresses from each of their users.

Apparently the FIFA servers are down as well.

Ronabo

Ronabo said:
Who's the biggest Halo fan here?

I ask this because I have a code for the Games on Demand version of Reach that I will give away to who wants and could use it.

Code is gone now fellas.

Steelyuhas said:
Your praise can't stop me from writing my next article, "Beta Backlash." It details how Battlefield will lose millions of dollars because of a glitchy demo beta, without providing any historical context or precedent for such assumptions.

IGN is interested in picking it up. I'm going to be famous!

Hitmonchan107 said:
Your praise can't stop me from writing my next article, "Beta Backlash." It details how Battlefield will lose millions of dollars because of a glitchy demo beta, without providing any historical context or precedent for such assumptions.

IGN is interested in picking it up. I'm going to be famous!

GET PAID!
cashmoney.png

I had to post it, I just had to lol

feel

Ramirez said:
Has nothing to do with polish, BF3 on PC looks leagues and leagues ahead of any console game.
PC version is PC. version. Console version looks rough and unoptimized compared to other top games on console including their own Bad Company 2.

edit- been making too many offtopic posts, I'll try to tone it way down

edit2-

yeah servers are down, was trying to get into it with a few friends a few moments ago, and no dice (pun intended)

Havok

A27_StarWolf said:
why is no one on the BF3 beta :(
Because the multiplayer won't launch since nobody can connect to EA Online.

Don't mention how much that sucks in any of those threads though, or all the apologists will jump you.

thezerofire said:
So I got Devo's gift yesterday. It's really fucking awesome. Going on my wall as soon as I get some tacks.

MyMXd.jpg

Yay. Although inkjet isn't the the most economic in terms of bulk printing, the quality is delicious. I'm so glad they got to you guys okay with no fuck ups.

Oozer3993

Dani said:
Nab a free copy of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary of the eStore and kill some time (and friendships).

I have fond memories of furtively playing Four Swords over System Link on my Gameboy Advance in French class. Tons of fun. I need to try out the new single player mode.

P.S. Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is the shiznit.

Hitmonchan107 said:

BF3 is great, ignoring the bugs. I am under the impression these will not be present at launch.

I would like to see Call of Duty evolve. COD 4 was great and they can't seem to make that magic happen again. I would be less critical if the games since 2007 were all the same as COD4, which would be lame and lazy but better than what they are currently doing. The whole franchise went south with MW2. I want/hope to have activision realize their mistakes and revitalize a series I used to enjoy.
Not going to happen, wishful thinking

ElRenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
I liked it when it was just Elmo and Cookie Monster. Cookie Monster's face is hilarious. Lol I love trolling sometimes

I really like Oscar's inclusion. If it were just him you'd totally not notice him. The perfect placement of him.

Tashi0106 said:
I liked it when it was just Elmo and Cookie Monster. Cookie Monster's face is hilarious. Lol I love trolling sometimes

Almost makes me wish there were more Halo threads gaming side as dumb as they usually are. At least we in HaloGAF can have fun with 'em.

PsychoRaven said:
I really like Oscar's inclusion. If it were just him you'd totally not notice him. The perfect placement of him.

I was going to shoop in another version but then I found that full can one and it just had to go in.

Louis Wu

Okay, I need some help understanding this.

Just played a game of Firefight Arcade. Final screen confused me:

wait...what.png

We had a guy quit out, but it was during the voting process, before the game started. So can anyone explain that Best Spree?

(Game is here, if you need it.)

Edit: Gah - never mind. Just realized I killed 3 Banshees, which don't count towards the spree. :(

Louis Wu said:
Okay, I need some help understanding this.

Just played a game of Firefight Arcade. Final screen confused me:

wait...what.png

We had a guy quit out, but it was during the voting process, before the game started. So can anyone explain that Best Spree?

(Game is here, if you need it.)

Edit: Gah - never mind. Just realized I killed 3 Banshees, which don't count towards the spree. :(

Yup! Whenever your "kills" doesn't match up on certain screens, it's because vehicle downs = kills, but don't count towards "slaying" or "sprees." I learned this in some big team slayer games when my "kills" =/= the final scoreboard.

Top Bottom