• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Havok

Domino Theory said:
Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2 always duked it out. One week it was Halo 3, next week it was Modern Warfare 2. Once Reach and Black Ops came out, there wasn't really any competition, lol.
I just went through all of the activity lists Major Nelson's posted since MW2 released. MW2 won every single week (where a list was posted) including the week that Reach launched, then was finally put into #2 the week after. Halo 3 beat out World at War's numbers for a long time before that, but Call of Duty was heavily split between that and COD4 at the time. Now there are so many people playing Call of Duty that the split doesn't matter.

Boy, I hate how his site is formatted these days.

TheOddOne

Tashi0106 said:
I can't wait until Bungie's next game gets hate on just because Activision is publishing. Wait until you see the threads here. Bungie is going to show a teaser trailer and there are going to be pictures of Evil Bobby Kotick everywhere. It could be the greatest game ever and people won't buy it because of Activision. I'm not defending Activision, I'm defending the good games that get hated on because they're published by them.
People talk gangsta on boards just to be in the crowd of "Yeah, fuck them I aint buying from them because this and that", but then buy the game on launch day.

mw2boycottsteamlist.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Zeouterlimits said:

JPTHW.jpg

bobs99 ... said:
This is not a good barometer at all but any media put out for MW3 gets hated on lol. Any youtube video I have seen for MW3 is literally jam packed with comments about how much better BF3 is going to be. I get the feeling people are going off the CoD model. MW2 was especially unbalanced lol.

Black Ops is pretty good, but yeah generally I think people want BF3 to succeed. Based on the BF3 beta though... lol not going to happen on Xbox.

Regardless, CEA is going to be facing some very stiff competition.

The install base continues to get larger (Xbox is going to probably have its best hardware sales year yet), so MW3 will likely sell more than any of the previous COD's. BF3 will sell really well, but compared to MW3 it will likely be a dwarf.

I don't see CEA as being in competition sales-wise with games like MW3 and BF3. CEA is half remake-half map pack and its a $40 retail game. I'm sure it will sell pretty well, but it's not in competition with the top selling AAA games of the season IMO.

Hypertrooper said:
I'm always drinking.

Fixed :p

So I've been playing Reach a little bit recently, though when shit like this happens, I wonder why.

If you can't be bothered to look, I was going to get a perfection (16 kills, 0 deaths), except the game fucked up and gave my final number of kills as 14, as well as losing the medals associated with my missing kills. What a crock of shit.

Havok

Steelyuhas said:
I don't see CEA as being in competition sales-wise with games like MW3 and BF3. CEA is half remake-half map pack and its a $40 retail game. I'm sure it will sell pretty well, but it's not in competition with the top selling AAA games of the season IMO.
Yep. It's not even in the top 20 for that Nielsen most anticipated list. Not surprising, given the ridiculous lineup for this fall (such as the critically acclaimed Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, the bastion of quality!).

MrBig

Havok said:
Yep. It's not even in the top 20 for that Nielsen most anticipated list. Not surprising, given the ridiculous lineup for this fall (such as the critically acclaimed Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, the bastion of quality!).
Yeah, this fall has got the largest amount of great game releases in the last few years. CEA is going to be great in and of its self but I don't consider it as being in competition with that release line up.

In regards to BF3/MW, I was severely disappointed with BF3 once I actually got my hands on it. It is physically unplayble due to the amount of glitches, especially on PC, though I'm sure consoles have their own separate set. But it's still better than the re-skin of a game based on a 10 year old engine with perpetually degenerative features.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Louis Wu said:
Heh - GrimBrother One got to this story before I did yesterday morning, and his newspost on HBO is pretty neutral... but mine was not, really:

Probably just as well I left that alone...

Frankie: "I enjoy getting donuts from Dunkin Donuts with my morning coffee"

OXM: "Halo 4 to feature independent donut shop"

Kotaku and Destructoid: "Master Chief dies with donuts in hand at the end of the Reclaimer Trilogy"

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Domino Theory said:
Frankie: "I enjoy getting donuts from Dunkin Donuts with my morning coffee"

OXM: "Halo 4 to feature independent donut shop"

Kotaku and Destructoid: "Master Chief dies with donuts in hand at the end of the Reclaimer Trilogy"

FUD: "The Secrets of the Chocolate Donut Revealed"

Bnet/Wp Forums: "Donots r 4 noobs1! Bagels 4 life!"

GAF: "Beta Donut v Retail Donut Argument #2323"

Fyre: "You can't update the donut without a 6GB .map file"

Dax: "I like Ghaleon's donuts"

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
http://i.imgur.com/JPTHW.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2dsmv0h.jpg

edit-

LMAO Dani

not enough doomsday hyperbole on Fyrewulf's one, but otherwise flawless

Dani said:

That's just too awesome.

kylej

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Whoever is in charge of switching the audio/POVs around should be shot... This is confusing to follow. They keep changing the video POV but keep the audio the same.

:\

yeah looks like their audio is being worked on atm. You can choose a specific player to watch on the menu on the right if you want.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
kylej said:
yeah looks like their audio is being worked on atm. You can choose a specific player to watch on the menu on the right if you want.

Yea I'm watching Flamesword right now.

edit: Ugh, his audio is mixed with someone else's. So annoying

FyreWulff

Steelyuhas said:
Bad Company 2 is still in the top 10, so not sure what you mean. BF3 will be around, for sure.

It has to stop failing cert first if it wants to be around.

I moved my BF3 preorder monies to Skyward Sword and Anniversary.

ElRenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
I can't wait until Bungie's next game gets hate on just because Activision is publishing. Wait until you see the threads here. Bungie is going to show a teaser trailer and there are going to be pictures of Evil Bobby Kotick everywhere. It could be the greatest game ever and people won't buy it because of Activision. I'm not defending Activision, I'm defending the good games that get hated on because they're published by them.

Oh yea. That's why I'm going to be honest. I'm probably going to lurk most of the time in that thread and for that very reason. Just because it's published by Activision you will see pure hatred spewed without any reason behind it other then Activision is publisher.

Dani said:

Strawberry-filled donuts are yummy.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:

I keep telling him I can't reciprocate. Dude's persistent.

neoism

I wish some of you guys got as much enjoyment out of this game as I do... played a handful of games, after playing BF3 on xbox which is very bad looking, and lol the PC version looks insane... I like it, but it doesn't make me feel as awesome as reach...

<3 this game.

Never join a ZBS customs game if you aren't sober. I always forgot this rule. I'm feeling sorry, that you lost the last two games because of me. :(

Hypertrooper said:
Never join a ZBS customs game if you aren't sober. I always forgot this rule. I'm feeling sorry, that you lost the last two games because of me. :(

Don't feel bad lol, I was gettin' mad hungry anyway, and playin' dumb.

Devolution said:
Don't feel bad lol, I was gettin' mad hungry anyway, and playin' dumb.
Yeah 3v3 and 3v4 really doesn't play well.

I am also getting a little tired of zero bloom customs... I wish we could throw some objective into the mix. Only a few more days until the playlist update...

FyreWulff

heckfu said:
A guy in SWAT just crouched up and down really fast to where it looked like he was humping my face. I hope that doesn't catch on.

Also, did you see that video on youtube today? Some guy found that in some games, there's flags on metal poles that spawn. He thinks they might be like the TF2 hats, but nobody really knows what to do with them.

Devin Olsen said:
Yeah 3v3 and 3v4 really doesn't play well.

I am also getting a little tired of zero bloom customs... I wish we could throw some objective into the mix. Only a few more days until the playlist update...

Yeah I feel exactly the same.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tashi0106 said:
That guy on the right looks like my 9th Grade Earth Science teacher. Mr. Jensen
Holy shit, my 9th grade Earth Sciences teacher was named Mr. Jensen, too. :-O

-Yeti said:
ZBS is really great. Even though I'm a scrub, I feel like I have a much better chance going against people now.
I wish I felt that way. I suck at ZB for some reason... I can't keep up with most folks from HaloGAF now. :-(

Tunavi

Banned
Reach is only fun when you're completely shitting on another team. Thats why customs aren't great and why going into matchmaking with a party is fun. October 4th is going to be awesome

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tunavi said:
Reach is only fun when you're completely shitting on another team.

I can't get my head around this. The most fun I've had have come from balanced teams and games coming down to the wire. That last kill when it's 49-49 or scoring or returning the flag in the final few seconds of sudden death.

Your mind-set is what lead to de-ranking and the abundance of alt accounts in Halo 3 where really good players would trick or fool the system to let them play against lesser opponents and I really hated that side of the Halo community.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dani said:
I can't get my head around this. The most fun I've had have come from balanced teams and games coming down to the wire. That last kill when it's 49-49 or scoring or returning the flag in the final few seconds of sudden death.

Your mind-set is what lead to de-ranking and the abundance of alt accounts in Halo 3 where really good players would trick or fool the system to let them play against lesser opponents and I really hated that side of the Halo community.

Don't stress it, it's Tunavi

Top Bottom