• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Sai-kun

Banned
Dani said:

This happens a bit too often with my L4D2 group...the server shuts down just as we're about to make a comeback in the finale? Hmmmm....

except it's not a developer, it's just the server owner being a dick, lmao

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyome have any favorite callouts? Mine is probably, "dick rock". I also like, "suicide" and "rock ramp". Sanctuary is filled with great callouts.

Tashi0106 said:
Anyome have any favorite callouts? Mine is probably, "dick rock". I also like, "suicide" and "rock ramp". Sanctuary is filled with great callouts.
I still have not mastered the art of doing call outs. Some day, though! Some day.

Deputy Moonman said:
Temporarily banned this morning for quitting out of one game. A few days ago, when I was foolishly trying to get a killtacular in the grifball and living dead playlists, I quit out of a few games. Nice penalty system... As if the Living Dead playlist has anything to do with teammates, and Grifball is the most mind-numbingly brain dead game type of all time.
I remember a match where I was betrayed like nine times by some jerks, no boot option... WTF?

Gabotron ES said:
I remember a match where I was betrayed like nine times by some jerks, no boot option... WTF?
Yeah that sucks. I just thinks it's funny that so many of my games involve quitters and I never quit out. Then I did today and get banned. Makes me not want to play the game anymore, but I'll get over it. I should get a freaking medal for how many bad games I've tolerated.

Also, Firefight, Living Dead, and even Grifball shouldn't fall under the quit rule. Firefight is something you can do by yourself, and when teammates quit out, it's actually is more fun. Quitters in the Living Dead playlist have almost zero impact on the game. And Grifball is one of those playlists that players flock to because it's so stupidly easy and no intelligence is required. Games are fast and have no bearing on anything, so who cares about quitters in Grifball... And the quit rule should automatically be lifted in any playlist when you're down a man or two.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TheOddOne

Dani said:
Bahahhahahaha.

Deputy Moonman said:
I like how the game can tell that you quit out of a bunch of games within a short timespan but it doesn't ever clear your record for playing a bunch of games straight for multiple days. Does it really just keep accumulating on your account so that eventually you will get temp banned? That is really, REALLY, retarded if so...
Yeah, was thinking about this too. I had not quit matches for like a week but still got a message that I was leaving to many matches.

Yeah it sucks when you get quit-banned for quitting. What a nonsensical system.

Also, Gabo, Living Dead does not have betrayal booting. They turned it off because in certain conditions, a human and zombie will kill each other and the host will credit the human with a betrayal.

HiredN00bs said:
Yeah it sucks when you get quit-banned for quitting. What a nonsensical system.
Did you even read what I said? I quit out of some Living Dead and Grifball games. Holy shit, call the cops. And that was days ago. I quit out of one game today and was banned. Yes, it is a bad system. It's even worse because it doesn't tell you how long the ban is for. You just get this stupid message that keeps popping up on the game telling you've quit out of too many games recently. Well no shit. It should tell me when I can start playing again so I'm not continually loading Reach back up and then turning it off.

Deputy Moonman said:
Did you even read what I said? I quit out of some Living Dead and Grifball games. Holy shit, call the cops. And that was days ago. I quit out of one game today and was banned. Yes, it is a bad system. It's even worse because it doesn't tell you how long the ban is for. You just get this stupid message that keeps popping up on the game telling you've quit out of too many games recently. Well no shit. It should tell me when I can start playing again so I'm not continually loading Reach back up and then turning it off.
Yep, twice now.

I'm just teasing you, man. I agree that the system could be clearer, but can you be that mad about it? I mean it's not even like your connection was crapping out, you chose to quit. The system probably tracks back a certain number of games, rather than a certain amount of time.

I always liked the idea of making players wait until the game was over before they could search again. You could assign each player a unique game ticket upon being matched, which would be stored on the MM server, associated with their tag. Every time you search, your ticket is checked to see if that game is complete or still active. The reasonable people will stay in games, the whiners will stop playing altogether. Win-win.

By the way, playing the BF3 beta, my first question was "Can I start a match from the beginning?" To which the answer is "no". I think a DIDO playlist in Halo could be interesting, but let's please not have it be universal. People like sitting down and starting a match fresh.

HiredN00bs said:
Yep, twice now.

I'm just teasing you, man. I agree that the system could be clearer, but can you be that mad about it? I mean it's not even like your connection was crapping out, you chose to quit. The system probably tracks back a certain number of games, rather than time.
Which is probably the most annoying part. It doesn't take into consideration the weeks, possibly months, where I didn't quit at all. I'm being punished for one day of quitting out of no more than five games in a 3-hour time span in pointless playlists where quitting really has no significant impact. And grifball games last significantly shorter than any other playlist, which makes me look worse than I am. In reality, I've quit out of one meaningful competitive game for the first time in a while (months was definitely an exaggeration), and now I'm locked out of the game. I know I quit. I just thinks it's lame and wanted to do some venting on gaf. No worries.

Deputy Moonman said:
Which is probably the most annoying part. It doesn't take into consideration the weeks, possibly months, where I didn't quit at all. I'm being punished for one day of quitting out of no more than five games in a 3-hour time span in pointless playlists where quitting really has no significant impact. And grifball games last significantly shorter than any other playlist, which makes me look worse than I am. In reality, I've quit out of one meaningful competitive game for the first time in a while (months was definitely an exaggeration), and now I'm locked out of the game. I know I quit. I just thinks it's lame and wanted to do some venting on gaf. No worries.

I think the temp ban is only like 15 minutes. Party up.

Tashi0106 said:

Oh baby, list from our little group, I know we have tainted some members of halogaf.

Michael bay=repair bay in condemned
Dead space=zero g sections in any of the maps
Shotgun alley=shotgun condemned
Schlong way=sword way in condemned
Pancake house=hammer powerhouse
Waffle joint =area in boardwalk
Danny's house=the building area in breakpoint
Danny's exit=pipe below danny's house in breakpoint
Crespo village=beside flag, where the plasma launcher is on breakpoint
Killamanjaro=applies both to middle section in utopie and ridge on breakpoint (blame overdoz1z)
Site B=middle island in highlands
Raptor cages=next to middle island, below laser in highlands
Blueberries=middle of hemorrhage
Batcave=caves in highlands

Probably more I'm missing!

HiredN00bs said:
Also, Gabo, Living Dead does not have betrayal booting. They turned it off because in certain conditions, a human and zombie will kill each other and the host will credit the human with a betrayal.
Didn't know there was a glitch involved, thanks bro!

Tashi

Hey so whats this whole thing with pre ordering games from Amazon? They give you 20$ or some shit? I think Omlet mentioned it to me.

Tashi0106 said:
Hey so whats this whole thing with pre ordering games from Amazon? They give you 20$ or some shit? I think Omlet mentioned it to me.
If you pre-order Halo: Anniversary at amazon.com, you'll get the Grunt Funreal skull, Master Chief avatar armor and a $10 voucher(amazon credit). Pretty good deal imo.

Tashi0106 said:

I have one only one: the dirty bathroom section on Powerhouse goes by the name of ''Rape Showers''

OuterWorldVoice said:
I'd like to tell you Andy fought the good fight and the sisters let him be. I'd like to. But the truth is, Reach is no fairytale.

reachshank.jpg

Tashi

Hypertrooper said:
If you pre-order Halo: Anniversary at amazon.com, you'll get the Grunt Funreal skull, Master Chief avatar armor and a $10 voucher(amazon credit). Pretty good deal imo.
Oh that's legit. What does Gamestop offer?

bobs99 ... said:
Does that Amazon credit thing apply to people in the UK aswell? Doesnt seem to be too much info on it on the website. :/
Amazon.co.uk has no pre-order bonus right now.They don't even have the Skull or the Master Chief armor. =( I hope they will be added this month,

Crucio

Tashi0106 said:
I have Amazon Prime, does that mean I get it a few days early? :p
No. Didn't you know? Amazon Prime customers get special delivey by Optimus Prime!

Seriously though, I prefer simple callouts! P1 is Powerhouse Level 1, P2 is Powerhouse Level 2. ETC. (Purple Nipples was a classic!)

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
Oh that's legit. What does Gamestop offer?
I ordered from Newegg when they had it for $30, with the Grunt Funeral skull. Gotta wait a few days for shipping, but I'll have Skyrim to keep me plenty busy.

Yesterday and today I've enjoyed the Campaign Challenges alongside the kill X dudes ones, they stack nicely. I add to them and try to flawless cowboy the mission; pulled it off yesterday, and did so today on New Alexandria to knock off both. Makes for a fun meta game - complete the mission, no deaths, with a kill target, under special criteria.

Tha Robbertster said:
A bit of-topic but does anyone from HaloGaf want's to do that Horde party tonight we talked about some days ago?
What time tonight? I wouldn't mind playing some Horde. Feel free to add me, either of you.

kylej

Banned
need people for squad get online BKs send jelyk a message thank you and god bless

edit. playing against XApeLyncherX which I'm pretty sure is the most offensive thing you can fit in 15 characters

Booshka

kylej said:
need people for squad get online BKs send jelyk a message thank you and god bless

edit. playing against XApeLyncherX which I'm pretty sure is the most offensive thing you can fit in 15 characters
fix this shit 343!

Top Bottom