• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tunavi

Banned
"Hey!

Let me double-check the requirements for the achievements, but yes, I think we can work that out :). I'm available Monday morning and most of Tuesday. Do either of those time slots work for you?

-Tyrant
re:
Name
Mike D

RE: I need help getting the candy from a baby, 1 million points, and they've always been faster. I'm short on cash, so can I just give you 130 for the three?
Sincerely, Mike D"

what should i say back

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tunavi said:
"Hey!

Let me double-check the requirements for the achievements, but yes, I think we can work that out :). I'm available Monday morning and most of Tuesday. Do either of those time slots work for you?

-Tyrant
re:
Name
Mike D

RE: I need help getting the candy from a baby, 1 million points, and they've always been faster. I'm short on cash, so can I just give you 130 for the three?
Sincerely, Mike D"

what should i say back

Ask him if he'd consider payment, or partial payment, in MS points.

And holy crap, what a scumbag. $130 for one achievement? He fucking must think he is a genius for coming up with the idea. I bet he's just waiting for the cash to roll in.

GhaleonEB said:
I think that's probably true of everyone.

But I think I get what you mean. In Halo 3, I could have fun even if I was losing, because it generally felt fair, and the core game was more fun. With Reach I want to yell "bullshit!" a dozen times in each game, be it bloom, armor lock, my Warthog getting rolled by two DMR users, a camping Banshee, a sniper round blowing up my vehicle, etc. I Halo 3, I blamed my lack of skill, and just did by best. With Reach there's that too, but there's also just a lot more frustration that I feel is out of my hands, and that leads to me blaming the game as much as myself.
While I see what you mean, I think there was so many things in Halo 3 to yell Bull at too. Regens, lag, late bubbles, power drains, lag, sticking the enemy hog on Standoff and watching literally nothing happen to it, lag, lag, lag...

I can deal with Reach because while AAs might be considered BS to a lot, at least they behave consistently :p God bless that netcode.

kylej

Banned
Booshka said:
The Halo/Console gaming vs Starcraft/PC gaming Civil War going on in the Red Bull LAN chat is unbelievable.

That chat makes the average JTV chat look like discussion between Nobel laureates.

Dani said:
You know those excellent Mythic guides by Tyrant? Well the dude has his own site now with all the guides up in one place.

It gets better. You can now PAY him to play Halo with you.

$25.00 - He'll help you get ONE Daily or Weekly Challenge
$35.00 - He'll play ONE mission with you on any Halo game
$50.00 - He'll help you get ONE Campaign Achievement (not all Campaign Achievements apply either)

Bargain!

I didn't think there would be a casual alternative to paid MLG Pro lessons, but the day has finally arrived.

Dude built up a ton of respect doing those sweet guides. Used them myself for a number of Weeklies. Now he just shat it all away.
kylej said:
Let the kid be. He's an entrepreneur. Seriously.
Well in that case:

Hire ncsuDuncan for your Halo Reach needs! BARGAIN PRICES

$24.00 - I'll help you get ONE Daily or Weekly Challenge
$34.00 - I'll play ONE mission with you on any Halo game
$49.00 - I'll help you get ONE Campaign Achievement (not all Campaign Achievements apply either)

SPECIAL DEAL - For $300 I will get you the "If They Came to Hear Me Beg" achievement and a signed copy of Halo Cryptum. (Signed by me, of course.)

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
Well in that case:

Hire ncsuDuncan for your Halo Reach needs! BARGAIN PRICES

$24.00 - I'll help you get ONE Daily or Weekly Challenge
$34.00 - I'll play ONE mission with you on any Halo game
$49.00 - I'll help you get ONE Campaign Achievement (not all Campaign Achievements apply either)

SPECIAL DEAL - For $300 I will get you the "If They Came to Hear Me Beg" achievement and a signed copy of Halo Cryptum. (Signed by me, of course.)

Hey, I already paid 20$ to have breakfast with you. Your rates have gone up!

FyreWulff said:
Hey, I already paid 20$ to have breakfast with you. Your rates have gone up!
I'm using the Netflix strategy. About a month after the price hike I'm going to split my Daily/Weekly challenge services and my Achievement services into separate companies.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
You have no one but yourself to blame. Clearly, it all went straight to his head.

Breakfast with Duncan and a quick chat with Ghaleon: 20$

Getting 3 5 teeth yanked out of your head: 2000$

Watching someone ask if multiplayer was in Halo: Reach: Priceless

FyreWulff said:

I would have yanked 6 teeth out for only $1000. You missed a golden opportunity there.

Of course, I'm still willing to do it. You have more teeth, right?

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
I would have yanked 6 teeth out for only $1000. You missed a golden opportunity there.

Of course, I'm still willing to do it. You have more teeth, right?

They're still in. Let's do this.

I'll get the string.

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:

I was sort of snubbed at the HBO breakfast. You know the odd fellow asking about why Microsoft has neglected the 360 modding community at the Halo 4 panel at HaloFest? He was my breakfast companion. Awkward breakfast conversation to put it lightly. I sort of excused myself and drifted down to where Hitmonchan and Hypertrooper were after I snarfed.

FyreWulff said:
They're still in. Let's do this.

I'll get the string.
I've pulled four teeth out of my kids in the past year. I'm an expert. I also have a frequent buyer card: 7th tooth is free. I'll even leave three dollar coins under your pillow for each tooth you put under it.

Booshka said:
And Halo fans think SC2 takes as much skill as checking your email.

They're only saying that because they've been getting trolled since the lan first started.

They're basically countering trolls with trolling.

RBK

Banned
Does anyone feel that the MP achievements in this game, or at least the DLC ones are tough to get due to the shitty matchmaking? I was able to get all of Halo 3's achievements with ease...while I struggle to even get the Oddball one on Reach.

orznge

Banned
KidA Seven said:
They're only saying that because they've been getting trolled since the lan first started.

They're basically countering trolls with trolling.

They're countering being right with being wrong.

FyreWulff

ChiefEdiri said:
Does anyone feel that the MP achievements in this game, or at least the DLC ones are tough to get due to the shitty matchmaking? I was able to get all of Halo 3's achievements with ease...while I struggle to even get the Oddball one on Reach.

All multiplayer achievements are bad and they should feel bad.

It's like everyone ignores that Modern Warfare does fine with only single player achievements

feel

Sacred Icon Suite II. Stop wondering why I'm randomly posting it and just pump the fucking volume.

Also played some gears 3 coop today, and that game besides providing breathtaking visuals and some really awesome fun during gameplay has one of the most well designed user interfaces I've ever had the pleasure of navigating through. This game overall from the moment you put the disc in to the moment you turn the console off is what the xbox live experience should be all about and I hope 343i gets some inspiration from it for Halo 4.

Awesome campaign discussion I missed, becaue I was sleeping. DAMN better time zone!

GhaleonEB said:
I was sort of snubbed at the HBO breakfast. You know the odd fellow asking about why Microsoft has neglected the 360 modding community at the Halo 4 panel at HaloFest? He was my breakfast companion. Awkward breakfast conversation to put it lightly. I sort of excused myself and drifted down to where Hitmonchan and Hypertrooper were after I snarfed.
You even told me, that the modder guy was spooky during the Halo 4 panel. Before the Halo 4 panel, he wanted to get in as fast as possible, I asked why, he said because "I have a question to ask." Which question? I'm not telling, it is a good question, but I'm scared that you will ask it.

Yeah. His question wasn't good for me. Console modding? Isn't that against the Xbox live rules?

FyreWulff

Everyone should assume their questions are going to be asked. I already knew the limit was going to be 1 but I had like.. 3-4 of them ready to go before I went up at the TU panel in case they were asked ahead of me.

2 of them got asked and Duncan kinda asked the third one (which is funny, since HIS question got asked), so always bring backups so you don't have to stall at the mic..

FyreWulff said:
Everyone should assume their questions are going to be asked. I already knew the limit was going to be 1 but I had like.. 3-4 of them ready to go before I went up at the TU panel in case they were asked ahead of me.

2 of them got asked and Duncan kinda asked the third one (which is funny, since HIS question got asked), so always bring backups so you don't have to stall at the mic..
I WOULD love to hear Jen Taylor's answer on Duncan's never asked question at the Halo Universe Panel. =( But I didn't happen.

TheOddOne

Letters said:
Sacred Icon Suite II. Stop wondering why I'm randomly posting it and just pump the fucking volume.

Also played some gears 3 coop today, and that game besides providing breathtaking visuals and some really awesome fun during gameplay has one of the most well designed user interfaces I've ever had the pleasure of navigating through. This game overall from the moment you put the disc in to the moment you turn the console off is what the xbox live experience should be all about and I hope 343i gets some inspiration from it for Halo 4.
While I really love Gears 3, its a very guided expierence. There are some moments where there is some open fields to experiment, but then its ruined by the stupid AI.

Have you tried Insane? Instant kill by everything.

On another note, Jube3 posted a very nice Halo livery.

TheOddOne

Hypertrooper said:
Damn. I thought that the car was a real one first. Forza 4 looks really pretty.
Even my pops thought it was real
laugh.gif

The first one is Premium Slayer. Population: 80. 'Let's have a warmup game'.

1-1.jpg

Those four chaps who went neg 47 combined, in a slayer game, had some of the worst overall k/d spreads i've ever seen. Why did mm think it appropriate to pair them all on the same team?

Second game is in Team Snipers

2-1.jpg

Teammate quits after dying once. Despite a hearty effort from myself, there's not much you can do about neg twenty kids. Another pointless game.

Third game is in Team Snipers

3-1.jpg

This one took the prize. After an indifferent start I pull off a nasty triple kill. 30 seconds later the guest on my team runs in front of my sights and I accidentally betray him whilst trying to kill the enemy. He immediately boots me from the game without hesitation. Somebody who: - hasn't paid for the xbox
- hasn't paid for the game
- hasn't paid for xbox live gold

is allowed to remove me from a match when:

- I have paid for the xbox
- I have paid for the game
- I have paid for xbox live gold

LOL at the paying customer!

You should never be booted for a first betrayal. I hadn't hit any of my teammates prior to that either, so there was no accumulated 'team killing' damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BamrCHHtHMU&feature=player_detailpage#t=397s

Is there an option in the psych profile to 'prefer drunk people with babies on their knees'? I must've ticked that box but I can't find it now to untick it :(

No wonder the game's so sparsely populated. If you're a noob in Reach, you don't play other noob's. You're cannon fodder for high level players. SHIT, of course that's why they're all fleeing to play Gears, COD and BF!

Good work removing 1-50 thinking it would mean better matches. Lol.

EDIT

Next game after this post was made

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=816038307&player=The Henery

LMAOOO. Do you think other developers tell punchline jokes at the water cooler about Reach's player matchings? lol

Good work removing 1-50 thinking it would mean better matches. Lol.

Yeah I have always found Bungies logic pretty backwards.

Oh we designed 1-50 as a system to measure players but dammit these players are using it as a ladder and actually care about ranking up. Its fun to them. But thats wrong because its designed as a tool to match them.

With our next game instead of taking what the community enjoys and angling our ranking system that way. Lets get rid of the 1-50 because people are misunderstanding it.

Now I may be wrong in assuming thats how it went down, but at this point it does seem like there are a few areas of Reach where Bungie changed things that fans enjoyed just because they didnt work to the developers intentions.

Striker

Hydranockz said:
While I see what you mean, I think there was so many things in Halo 3 to yell Bull at too. Regens, lag, late bubbles, power drains, lag, sticking the enemy hog on Standoff and watching literally nothing happen to it, lag, lag, lag...

I can deal with Reach because while AAs might be considered BS to a lot, at least they behave consistently :p God bless that netcode.
RjS4a.gif

Also removing 1-50 hasn't been an issue. It's making everything sans Arena unranked, thus enabling guests. Guests should be frequent in one or two playlists, i.e. Team Training. Halo 3's 1-50 led to too much bullshit, see above, like hacked accounts. If 1-50 returns, it has to be drastically changed from its Halo 3 iteration. It was shit.

Striker said:
Also removing 1-50 hasn't been an issue. It's making everything sans Arena unranked, thus enabling guests. Guests should be frequent in one or two playlists, i.e. Team Training. Halo 3's 1-50 led to too much bullshit, see above, like hacked accounts. If 1-50 returns, it has to be drastically changed from its Halo 3 iteration. It was shit.

Sorry what hacked accounts are you talking of as a result of 1-50? The only people who got hacked in Halo 3 where sporters of recon (pre-ODST) and pro's. I don't think many got their account hacked because they were a 50.

neoism

holy shit this game looks sooooo much better in 720p... :/ I've been playing in 1080p unscaled for a year...lol

Striker said:
Well said, completely agree.

BTB Snipers on Paradiso.

4481904919_d6bdc613b6_o.gif

Also, I hopped on Reach last night and no one was playing it, GAF I'm dissapointed.

neoism said:
holy shit this game looks sooooo much better in 720p... :/ I've been playing in 1080p unscaled for a year...lol
Where can you tweak these settings?

Gabotron ES said:
Where can you tweak these settings?
On the Dashboard -> System Settings -> Display, you can select what resolution to which your 360 will scale. Reach's native resolution is 1152x720, while 720p is 1280x720, making it the closest to native. However, your display is going to scale whatever your 360 is pushing out to its native resolution. Your should generally try and setup for the least amount of conversions (for example, if your television displays 1376x768, set your 360 to that).

Top Bottom