• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Booshka

OuterWorldVoice said:
They were.
Need Rez: Frankie's Bed

Achievement Unlocked
45.jpg

Hitmonchan107 said:
Hmm. Looks like I now have two Sparkasts to enjoy. (I haven't listened to the last one yet.)

I drove back to Georgia and grabbed my 360, so I might be able to play some late-night Reach this week.
JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

OuterWorldVoice said:
it's still yesterday in Best America.
The truth is sweet.
alwaysunny-halloweenmac.gif

Also, major lawlz at the 'getting donged on' comment.

feel

Barrow Roll said:
And holy cow Letters, I haven't listened to the Sparkast yet but why don't ya at least give it a chance?
I didn't mean to be disrespectful towards 343i's work on improving vanilla Reach, they're doing great and I'm sure it will be nice for others but it's just not for me. I despise AAs, bloom and the look of the constant lego block forge maps and I don't feel like wasting my time on this beta instead of playing one of other new games I have. Halo is my main thing but it's not just by chance, it's because it consistently delivers the fun I want to be having, when it stops delivering it I stop playing. I will be back to Halo properly sometime post CEA launch when (hopefully) there will be stuff in Reach's matchmaking that I truly enjoy spending time on.

CEA soundtrack sample by itself (46% louder)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k0iarv

if this is not ok, send me a pm and I'll remove it

FyreWulff

Well, that's the first Sparkcast I've listened to.

I guess that explains why they aren't interested in putting a RoF limiter on the bloomless DMR.

Hypertrooper said:
The Gamma forum is public. HTTP://halo.xbox.com/gamma I think it's the link.
So that's where she's been hiding. Clever girl.

I wish I could leave my internship at Trendy to focus on Halo/Bungie full time. I miss this community. :^)

Beta hoppers sound like the perfect way to end my day. I'll be online (hopefully) around 1:30 a.m. EST.

Hitmonchan107 said:

I wish I could leave my internship at Trendy to focus on Halo/Bungie full time. I miss this community. :^)

Beta hoppers sound like the perfect way to end my day. I'll be online (hopefully) around 1:30 a.m. EST.

Talking about tomorrow I assume?

Steelyuhas said:
K, for a second there I thought you figured out time travel, or just smoked a lot of crack.
Crack is wack. I smoke meth. Come play with the big dogs.

Or do you shoot meth? I need to watch "Breaking Bad."

Hitmonchan107 said:

You will be always part of this community. Even if you stole my Sherlock metaphoric for the HBO news. :p
I'm happy that I could give you something creative. If you didn't get the Sherlock reference through me, then our minds have the same wave length.

Hypertrooper said:
You will be always part of this community. Even if you stole my Sherlock metaphoric for the HBO news. :p
I'm happy that I could give you something creative. If you didn't get the Sherlock reference through me, then our minds have the same wave length.
I promise you I didn't get the reference from you. I checked Twitter about an hour after I posted it. Lol. Great minds. :^)

Your reference was better than mine.

I need to go to sleep. I have an editing exam in the morning. But sleep won't happen.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Crack is wack. I smoke meth. Come play with the big dogs.

Or do you shoot meth? I need to watch "Breaking Bad."

You can take it either way I think...my roommate raves about Breaking Bad. I'm my way through Mad Men right now though.

Nothing like not being able to sleep the night before an exam.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hitmonchan107 said:
Don't even joke about that. I'd kill to be in your position. Can't tell you how painful it is to get denied\ignored by every organization out there on a daily basis.

I'm screwed once I get my BS degree.

Domino Theory said:
Don't even joke about that. I'd kill to be in your position. Can't tell you how painful it is to get denied\ignored by every organization out there on a daily basis.

What will your degree be in?

Booshka said:
Yea GG's, showing you how to whore power weapons all game lol.
You get a free pass tonight! But I would love to talk about how much I despise them in Reach again if you don't mind lol :D
this is not directed at you

My issue isn't that some weapons are powerful; it's that all weapons are powerful, excluding the precision weapons. Wherever you go on a map there is always something laying around that I would classify as a power weapon or close enough. rockets not up? sniper rifle not up? grenade launcher not up? plasma pistol not up? needler not up? sword not up? Shotgun not up? Assault rifle time... It never ends. You can't wait for the other team to run out of power weapons; they're endless and that's why I hate them. Most games are determined not by who the better players were, but by which team had the most power weapons for the longest period of time. That is not the role power weapons should have. And if whoever can race over and abuse the power weapons the quickest is what determines who the better players are, then I'd rather not even play the game.

i'm humored when people talk about a bloomless pistol being too powerful. And yet, each game i play I see numerous weapons that kill far too quickly. How is that any different? Post game stats always reveal someone went ape shit with either rockets, sword, shotgun, needler or something else. In my head I'm thinking, "good thing the pistol isn't bloomless, because I'd sure hate to have a weapon that powerful in the game...." oh wait, more than half of the weapons in Reach are already that powerful! pffffffttttttt

Domino Theory said:

I know how that feels. Internships are ridiculously tough to nab. I hope you can get one soon!

Deputy Moonman said:
You get a free pass tonight! But I would love to talk about how much I despise them in Reach again if you don't mind lol :D
this is not directed at you

My issue isn't that some weapons are powerful; it's that all weapons are powerful, excluding the precision weapons. Wherever you go on a map there is always something laying around that I would classify as a power weapon or close enough. rockets not up? sniper rifle not up? grenade launcher not up? plasma pistol not up? needler not up? sword not up? Shotgun not up? Assault rifle time... It never ends. You can't wait for the other team to run out of power weapons; they're endless and that's why I hate them. Most games are determined not by who the better players were, but by which team had the most power weapons for the longest period of time. That is not the role power weapons should have. And if whoever can race over and abuse the power weapons the quickest is what determines who the better players are, then I'd rather not even play the game.

i'm humored when people talk about a bloomless pistol being too powerful. And yet, each game i play I see numerous weapons that kill far too quickly. How is that any different? Post game stats always reveal someone went ape shit with either rockets, sword, shotgun, needler or something else. In my head I'm thinking, "good thing the pistol isn't bloomless, because I'd sure hate to have a weapon that powerful in the game...." oh wait, more than half of the weapons in Reach are already that powerful! pffffffttttttt

The very reason I'm looking forward to Anniversary gametypes so much.

Domino Theory said:
Business Admin with a Marketing concentration.

Good degree to have, but yeah you will have to work hard to get into a good position. An internship before you get your degree is huge if you can snag one.

Steelyuhas said:
The very reason I'm looking forward to Anniversary gametypes so much.
Yeah. I know I exaggerate the point, but it is a legitimate frustration when playing Reach. I play solo A LOT, probably 90% of the time. And when my team loses, the post game stats are always very telling. I'll have games where all four of the opposing team's top kills were with the sword. Or else the top person in kills with have 8 rocket launcher kills. The 2nd highest player with kills will have 9 shotgun kills. It kind of ruins the satisfaction of winning on the opposite spectrum, too. I'll play a good game and think, alright! my team did well. Then post game shows that all my teammate's top highest amount of kills were with the rockets or something similar. Then I'm let down, knowing that my team didn't win because of any hard work they did, but because they were able to get their hands on the power weapons the most.

Wanna see something humorous? Check this out: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=XxDeputyMoonman&sg=0 lol!

And this was my last game of the night. Even though we lost, I was proud of my team. Look at the carnage and you can see how talented the other team was "controlling" the power weapons. http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=817502229&player=XxDeputyMoonman

FyreWulff

Apparently Bungie Day's been moved to October 4th. Got the Bungie Day popup upon loading the game, telling me to go get my blue flames :lol

wwm0nkey

85% bloom is pretty good too.

Keep in mind when I say this I still think Zero Bloom is WAY better. 85% would be great for Big Team though I guess.

wwm0nkey

ehhhh still getting a decent chunk of randomness from 85% bloom, shot a guy in the foot but got a head shot.

EDIT: Crouch on 85% bloom and you pretty much have Zero Bloom.

Should be renamed Turtle Slayer

FyreWulff

wwm0nkey said:
ehhhh still getting a decent chunk of randomness from 85% bloom, shot a guy in the foot but got a head shot.

EDIT: Crouch on 85% bloom and you pretty much have Zero Bloom.

Should be renamed Turtle Slayer

Also the Needle Rifle never leaves the reticule standing or crouching. LOL. They need to exempt the NR from the bloom modification or delete NRs off all 85B maps.

Also also, good fucking luck getting Objectives voted for. You're gonna become real familiar with Slayer DMRs Asylum.

Here's the gametype, conveniently renamed so you can easily find it in your list:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=24016796&player=FyreWulff

edit: Ran into two different teams where the players tried the stop and jump backwards move on me. Neither of them worked. One I just advanced towards the door and stopped, and just watched the guy jump backwards over the door :jnc

FyreWulff said:
Also the Needle Rifle never leaves the reticule standing or crouching. LOL. They need to exempt the NR from the bloom modification or delete NRs off all 85B maps.
I can't believe you're still whining about the Needle Rifle. Not once was it ever a threat in all the zero bloom customs I've played. I've yet to see it in action at 85% bloom but at 0% the time it takes to kill just cannot keep up with the DMR or Magnum. Doesn't matter if it's full-auto and has easy headshots. And I'm talking customs with people like Booshka, Devolution, Devin Olsen, EazyB, etc. Y'know, people that are actually really good at this game. The Needle Rifle isn't an issue.

Letters said:
I didn't mean to be disrespectful towards 343i's work on improving vanilla Reach, they're doing great and I'm sure it will be nice for others but it's just not for me. I despise AAs, bloom and the look of the constant lego block forge maps and I don't feel like wasting my time on this beta instead of playing one of other new games I have. Halo is my main thing but it's not just by chance, it's because it consistently delivers the fun I want to be having, when it stops delivering it I stop playing. I will be back to Halo properly sometime post CEA launch when (hopefully) there will be stuff in Reach's matchmaking that I truly enjoy spending time on.
Hey, those are all legit reasons. But it still wouldn't hurt to at least give it a try for like one or two games right?

wwm0nkey

Barrow Roll said:
I can't believe you're still whining about the Needle Rifle. Not once was it ever a threat in all the zero bloom customs I've played. I've yet to see it in action at 85% bloom but at 0% the time it takes to kill just cannot keep up with the DMR or Magnum. Doesn't matter if it's full-auto and has easy headshots. And I'm talking customs with people like Booshka, Devolution, Devin Olsen, EazyB, etc. Y'know, people that are actually really good at this game. The Needle Rifle isn't an issue.
Actually I have I have to agree with Fyre here with 85% when using it the body shot glitch actually becomes very apparent.

agreed on the 0% bloom the NR suckage though.

Also 343 PLEASE don't let 85% be standard put a lower value or just get rid of bloom, really did not enjoy the 4v4 matchs at 85%, just felt like regular Reach to me where as Zero bloom felt like Halo.

85% should be in BTB though.

heckfu

Banned
FyreWulff said:
Apparently Bungie Day's been moved to October 4th. Got the Bungie Day popup upon loading the game, telling me to go get my blue flames :lol

I can't wait for 343 day on...March...43rd...

FyreWulff

Barrow Roll said:

Well if you're using anything other than the Magnum in Zero Bloom you're doing something wrong. The ZBNR pales in comparison to that thing.

The title update changes still strengthen it considerably, and it still needs to be exempted from the bloom changes, as it was obviously a gun that was entirely designed around bloom as it existed in shipping Reach. In 85% the DMR still can go outside the reticule if you pound the trigger, and feels like a change for the sake of a change. The way the NR behaves under that gametype would definitely feel like a different game if they (for some reason) pushed it out to all of MM, especially if you're crouching with it in BTB...

wwm0nkey

Ok taking a little break for breakfast but.

Ok well not trying to be harsh but this in my honest opinion. Zero bloom needs to be in all 4v4 playlists. The diference in playing 85% and 0% bloom is that in Zero bloom I actually feel like I am playing Halo, it just feels like Halo even with the AAs I still have a blast. Yet on the same settings with 85% bloom I am not having ANY fun what so ever. Just does not feel good and doesnt feel like something I want to spend my time playing.

85% bloom would however be a good match for BTB.

I still need to play more today but I am just not liking 85% bloom at all.

J10

Banned
I gave it a try. ZB is nothing but pistol spamming garbage. 85B is slightly less garbage. I hope this bullshit doesn't ever infect the normal playlists.

Homeboyd

J10 said:
I gave it a try. ZB is nothing but pistol spamming garbage. 85B is slightly less garbage. I hope this bullshit doesn't ever infect the normal playlists.
It's just a beta. I'm sure they will be very careful with what makes the cut and what doesn't. They've said many times the TU changes won't touch the 'normal playlists' though.. so you don't need to worry yourself.

wwm0nkey

J10 said:
We already know and we already said that Pistol should be an on map weapon, not a starter.

Anyone go into forge and see those 6 spaces reserved for the new maps of course?

Also you guys talking about halo trailers made me stumble on the halo 2 vista trailer here. Never seen it before, but it's pretty cool.

J10 said:

It's not really spamming if it's zero bloom. Well, maybe it is for you, if you consider firing the pistol and the BR as spamming in the older halos.

Top Bottom