• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

TheOddOne

GhaleonEB said:
Just to be clear, I was laughing at them, not you. Hypertrooper was probably laughing at you, the jerk.
Yeah, Hypertrooper is a jerk!

All is forgiven, Hypertrooper is still a jerk though.

feel

thezerofire said:
I need things cleared up. So if you get CEA, you can play all the Reach maps if they're installed?
We (Reach owners) will be able to play everything multiplayer just using the CEA disc, somehow. We don't have the details on that yet.

Plywood said:
The game still feels messy, you eliminate one problem and another becomes prominent.

You never played on our custom settings did you? It was probably about as close as one can come to non-messy.

Letters said:
We (Reach owners) will be able to play everything multiplayer just using the CEA disc, somehow. We don't have the details on that yet.
I thought we download them too the HDD and use Reach's disc.

CEA owners will use their discs to play MM on the 7 maps.

.... Or so I thought. (Ram, don't quote me on this just yet :p)

feel

Hydranockz said:
I thought we download them too the HDD and use Reach's disc.

CEA owners will use their discs to play MM on the 7 maps.

.... Or so I thought. (Ram, don't quote me on this just yet :p)
Fuck that shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I wanna toss away the Reach disc and the bad memories it carries and banish the install file/GoD version into a dark corner of my harddrive where it will carry on quietly as DLC for the superior and glorious CEA disc.

Booshka said:
Why is that v2? Anything else changed from what gaf was playing on day one of the TU besides the jump?

bobs99 ... said:
Those settings were good, but it kind of felt like you were on ice and the shield recharge rate just wasnt quite fast enough.
Nothing can be done to fix the slight feeling of ice skating, except to reduce speed to closer to vanilla which is unacceptable and the opposite of fixing.

I get the feeling this weeks weekly is making people quit a lot more. A friend noted that so many people seem to bail out if they think they wont win the game lol. Kinda sucks.

Devolution said:
You never played on our custom settings did you? It was probably about as close as one can come to non-messy.

Those settings were good, but it kind of felt like you were on ice and the shield recharge rate just wasnt quite fast enough.

Booshka

bobs99 ... said:
I get the feeling this weeks weekly is making people quit a lot more. A friend noted that so many people seem to bail out if they think they wont win the game lol. Kinda sucks.

Imagine if the Weekly was to complete 50 straight games without quitting.

inb4 "I lagged out fuck you 343!"

If you were feeling like you were ice skating, put the speed down to 110%, that feels fine. As for shield recharge rate, we can't really help it, it always takes the same amount of time before it starts recharging, you can only adjust how quickly it will go up once it is recharging.

EDIT: Letters, yes I adjusted the damage resistance to 110%, weapon damage at 100%, along with some respawn traits. 5 second respawn for slayer always, no time penalties for betrayals or suicides, just point penalties. I also turned on powerups for some of the MLG maps that have them. Otherwise it should be the same. I am also not using the v2 as "improved version" just a different version, not trying to step on anyone's toes.

cory021

Neo Member
I'd like to see what 33% bloom is like (or whatever percentage the first shot is). This way, each shot is based purely on the speed of which it was taken after the previous shot, with only a very small loss of accuracy for spamming.

I never felt like I was on ice in customs.

Just got done with a Condemned in which a whole team quit out leaving one guy, who just camped around corners with a pistol and AL. I feel like I'm getting trolled.

Blinding

bobs99 ... said:

It never felt like I was on ice whenever I played, and I think the settings with the 5sk DMR fixed most of the shield issues.

Booshka

cory021 said:
I'd like to see what 33% bloom is like (or whatever percentage the first shot is). This way, each shot is based purely on the speed of which it was taken after the previous shot, with only a very small loss of accuracy for spamming.
Good point, this could consequentially lower the RoF by having a very minor bloom penalty. It would pretty much be unnoticeable while firing at just below max rate of fire, but could make the game play better. Would be nice to see bloom at like 10-30% to see if it would have this effect.

feel

Booshka said:
Letters, yes I adjusted the damage resistance to 110%, weapon damage at 100%, along with some respawn traits. 5 second respawn for slayer always, no time penalties for betrayals or suicides, just point penalties. I also turned on powerups for some of the MLG maps that have them. Otherwise it should be the same. I am also not using the v2 as "improved version" just a different version, not trying to step on anyone's toes.
No no I didn't mean anything like that, I was legitimately curious. The 110% 100% were the original classic settings from day one so I was confused (the other one that resulted in 4sk came much later). The other tweaks sound nice, queued it up.

Booshka

Letters said:
No no I didn't mean anything like that, I was legitimately curious. The 110% 100% were the original classic settings from day one so I was confused (the other one that resulted in 4sk came much later). The other tweaks sound nice, queued it up.
I think I downloaded it a few days later when the damage resistance was at 150%, and weapon damage was 125%, that lead to the 1 shot then nade kill issue, which prompted me to try and revise the settings.

Seen all I need to see from the current beta hopper stock. Meh. 85 still has issues and the pistol nerds a hard nerf or its own playlist.

Karl2177

I'm still not having the fun that I used to have with Halo 3. AAs are partially killing it for me, but the people I'm playing with do too. These 2 guys had around 5-6 betrayals each, just to make the game longer and get more credits. I didn't want to deal with the AL/Jetpack bullshit any longer, but they made the game go all the way to the last 5 seconds.

As for the TU playlist, I think AAs really need to be pickups. Also, the bloom still doesn't quite feel right. 85% isn't enough of a modification. I'll have a bit more feedback when I play it a bit more, and then I'll post it on the Waypoint forums.

Devolution said:
Seen all I need to see from the current beta hopper stock. Meh. 85 still has issues and the pistol nerds a hard nerf or its own playlist.
I disagree on that. I've beaten it with DMR multiple times and with the pistol itself multiple times.

I know this is anecdotal, but the TU Beta playlist had around 10,000/50,000 players earlier when I started playing, and the quickness with which competition improved was drastic:

Game 1, Slayer DMRs, It's just Stephen and I vs. 4 players, and we steak them: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=817788057&player=HiredN00bs

Game 2, Oddball, we get beaten soundly: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=817797928&player=HiredN00bs

Game 3, vs Gamesager & Co.: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=817803867&player=HiredN00bs

3 games to Gamesager (despite the fact that he and his friends are already avoided) suggests to me that population is currently the primary detriment to the poor quality of skill matches.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devolution said:
This typo made me laugh harder than it should have.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, 85% sucks. Needs to be reduced more. Zero Bloom is glorious.

Tunavi

Banned
rooLn.png

Gamesager

looks like barrow roll

Ramirez

Played about 10 more games with Trasher, then with Barrow/Xeno. It was a lot more fun with friends, but still at the end of the day, it's Reach with a band-aid, it's just not fun at its base, and nothing they can do in this update will change it.

The pistol is just lol inducing with zero bloom, don't even need to aim it...

My Halo boner is at an all time low. :(

heckfu

Banned
Is it a slap in the face that the picture heading...whatever you call it...for the TU Beta playlist is a guy firing a gun that looks like a blooming flower?

Go on, I'll wait.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Played about 10 more games with Trasher, then with Barrow/Xeno. It was a lot more fun with friends, but still at the end of the day, it's Reach with a band-aid, it's just not fun at its base, and nothing they can do in this update will change it.

The pistol is just lol inducing with zero bloom, don't even need to aim it...

My Halo boner is at an all time low. :(
Exactly.

FyreWulff

Oh man Gears 3 DLC

Disc unlock key, 800msp, and the maps aren't even going to be in matchmaking, only private matches.

The only good thing about it is only the host needs to own the maps to play on them, but non-DLC owners can't build new fortifications or get achievements

So they half adopted the Fable premium/free version setup that I wanted for Halo, but totally botched the other part.

Even with Microsoft's botched DLC support for 3 and Reach, it still somehow manages to be less of a clusterfuck than Gears 3's.

Ramirez

FyreWulff said:
Even with Microsoft's botched DLC support for 3 and Reach, it still somehow manages to be less of a clusterfuck than Gears 3's.

They claim it's a problem with the dedicated servers, not sure if I buy it though. I really don't know why they can't just put up a playlist for the DLC maps though...

How does it feel to know Gamesager poops on you with only one eye?

Top Bottom