• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
My god... imagine if in New Alexandria there was a street level also. With fighting going on.
That got cut because they tried to do it with a boring scarab rail section :(

I've never enjoyed racing gametypes in Reach or Halo 3. I mean, yes I do enjoy the driving (well, in Halo 3), but I've never liked racing in videogames. This goes back to my earliest days of videogames on the PS2 and Jak and Daxter, specifically Jak 2 and 3. I loved everything about those games besides the racing missions...ugh.

Besides, the mongoose in Reach controls worse than its Halo 3 counterpart. But that applies to every human vehicle in Reach besides the Falcon. Too floaty and not grounded enough.

343, I'm still waiting on some concept art desktop wallpaper!

Don't mind me intruding but, OT6? 15,000 posts? are you fucking kidding me? how does a thread amount to such numbers? is the whole Halo community on gaf?. phewwww had to get that out of my chest, continue on.

heckfu

Banned
GTP_Daverytimes said:
Don't mind me intruding but, OT6? 15,000 posts? are you fucking kidding me? how does a thread amount to such numbers? is the whole Halo community on gaf?. phewwww had to get that out of my chest, continue on.

this probably won't end well for you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GTP_Daverytimes said:
Halo is just better than every game out there. Really not a big deal.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
Tashi0106 said:
Halo is just better than every game out there. Really not a big deal.
This. Well, not including Half-Life, of course. I don't think I could choose between the two series.

MrBig

GTP_Daverytimes said:
This thread's community is basically a self-contained forum of its own.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
See what happens is when a Halo game ends up being terrible we just post about the numerous reasons we don't like it instead of actually playing it. At least that's how I roll.

GTP_Daverytimes said:

We complain. A LOT.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GTP_Daverytimes said:
I actually like halo, it just boggled my mind how it amassed such a huge thread. 6 official threads is really something, combined that's around 116,000 posts or so.

Halo 3 had over 100,000 posts before it was locked. We're used to it.

GTP_Daverytimes said:

tumblr_lk5tyfa6nw1qcz1gq.gif

Striker

GTP_Daverytimes said:
Lots of AIM chats that go on, usual of which you would normally get in Party Chats on Live.

TheOddOne

GTP_Daverytimes said:
HaloGAF is a way of life, you cry, laugh and get angry with your fellow fans.

feel

GTP_Daverytimes said:
The latest game is complete garbage. There's a lot of complaining.

Dax01 said:
Tone it down there. There are things to like about Reach.
I feel like there are bits and pieces that you can look on their own and call great. But in the greater scheme and as a game it comes off as entirely average feeling, and in this market of oversaturated FPS games that might as well condemn it.

Tunavi

Banned
Tha Robbertster said:
I love some of those concept arts, are those by that Isaac guy?
Not sure, I got them from different places, lost track of where I got them. Bungie's concept artists are so talented. Too bad their vision never gets fully utilized.

Woorloog

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/TehbF.jpg
WHY IS THE RIGHT SHOULDER CORRECTLY POSITIONED!?!?!?

Can't use FJ/Para shoulders due the right one being misaligned, why is it correctly aligned in the pic?

Taunting people is not right!

EDIT, is it actually correctly aligned in the pic?

EDIT the pic is from a few posts above linked page: http://imgur.com/a/9ABX3
And some, er, most, all of those pics depict events from Reach campaign about 100.000 better than Reach campaign does.

Booshka

GTP_Daverytimes said:
There is just so much to complain about!

GTP_Daverytimes said:

Honestly i think its cause as fans we feel valued, The devs interact with the community, our cries are heard (for the most part).

The franchise delivers what we want.

Tashi0106 said:
I mean, it's Halo. If 343i plays it safe, it will be great. However, I'm not sold they can make the best Halo like Bungie has done every 3 years.

That's certainly up for debate. To be sure, Bungie does some excellent stuff, but they can also make some spectacularly bad decisions. They also did not play it safe with Reach in the slightest, and I feel the game is far worse off for it.

Certainly my enjoyment of the franchise has gone down with each installment, and it's not for a lack of trying on my part; I really did want to like the games. It wasn't because was getting bored with Halo either, though I have had enough of the series as of Reach, and don't see myself getting Halo 4 unless the multiplayer is truly spectacular.

Dani said:
What's wrong with Forge maps? There's a ton of quality Forge maps that play better than the shipping maps on Reach.
I think the problem with Forge maps is that it devalues the importance of putting quality base maps into the game. I think that's one of the things that went wrong with Forge World. Oh, we have this MASSIVE space unlike anything Halo's seen before, so that should make up for shipping with the lowest amount of stock maps in the series. Personally I'd want Forge to remain as something to use to modify existing maps and creating variations of, instead of using it as its own kludgy map creator.

Woorloog said:
http://i.imgur.com/TehbF.jpg
WHY IS THE RIGHT SHOULDER CORRECTLY POSITIONED!?!?!?

Can't use FJ/Para shoulders due the right one being misaligned, why is it correctly aligned in the pic?
I thought I was the only one bothered by that.

Homeboyd said:
No, you don't have to have either.

That's weird, because I went to play last night. I downloaded the update and when I clicked into the TU Beta playlist, it said, "You do not have the required content for this playlist" or something.

AnEternalEnigma said:
That's weird, because I went to play last night. I downloaded the update and when I clicked into the TU Beta playlist, it said, "You do not have the required content for this playlist" or something.

It says you don't have the DLC for this playlist but that just means certain maps won't pop up. You can still start it up.

Woorloog

Banned
Rickenslacker said:

Oh and have you noticed how Grenadier kneeguards are not attached to shin armor while crouching/moving? Jorge's are and he even has additional shin armor. Same applies to Gungir kneeguards.

Woorloog said:

Oh and have you noticed how Grenadier kneeguards are not attached to shin armor while crouching/moving? Jorge's are and he even has additional shin armor. Same applies to Gungir kneeguards.
Pretty sure it happens to default too. It's why I only use FJ/PARA.

Woorloog said:

Barrow Roll said:
Yeah, looking back at some of the preview shots you'll see that there were actually no kneeguards whatsoever by default like here. They always look weird how they pop out like that, PARA's the only one that looks like it properly connects.

Woorloog

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
I think default works as it is supposed to.
But default is always gray, which is another reason not to use it.
So i'm stuck with FJ/Para kneeguards... ironic considering i cannot use them due the right one being misaligned.

Top Bottom